• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: [Hack of the Year 2017] - Pokémon Orange (GBC) [Suloku Patch] (Fin)

PiaCRT

Orange Dev
Years
  • Update 3-16-19

Bug Fixes:
    -The sleep sometimes causing poison bug is now fixed thanks to coraldev sharing some code when he had a similar problem
    -Ditto's Transform is no longer bugged, thanks to FIQ's refactored code used in polished crystal

Big Changes:
    The daycare is being modified greatly! In a time before GSC and after RBY, eggs weren't discovered yet! However, around the time of Orange mysterious eggs did start appearing, albeit very rarely!

The Daycare now works like it does in RBY. 1 Pokemon, No Breeding. To compensate, many egg moves are being added to learnsets, and new move tutors will be available all over the game world.

The egg seller on Trovitopolis will now have an array of eggs to sell you, but something about these seems familiar, or do they?
    unknown.png

The feature is still a WIP and is currently being implemented, but yes, variant eggs ala anime style very soon for a few select baby Pokemon (theres more, but ill be keeping that a secret for now)!

Also coming soon is the Kanto/Alolan form split. MayoRaptor has implemented this feature into his own hack and I plan to adapt it to Orange. $100,000 for an Alolan Meowth? Going once, going twice...Sold!

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    I like the egg concept. I'm surprised that they hadn't made the variant eggs in-game yet, it only makes sense. I mean, not all eggs in real life are white like a chicken egg at the supermarket after all.

darklugia2010

darklugia2010
    Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2024
    this is a great hack I finished the beta and I look forward to the next one. also just something I noticed, but in the beta 3 version that I am playing in the third gym there's a npc how gives you the 2 hm moves for dive and rock climb. after talking to him again it keeps repeating the same thing even after you received the hms. it this a glitch?

PiaCRT

Orange Dev
    Years
  • this is a great hack I finished the beta and I look forward to the next one. also just something I noticed, but in the beta 3 version that I am playing in the third gym there's a npc how gives you the 2 hm moves for dive and rock climb. after talking to him again it keeps repeating the same thing even after you received the hms. it this a glitch?

It's an intended glitch. I didn't want to waste a flag on a character who's just there to give you Dive and Rock Climb for fun, since the events for those HMs are later in the game. He's been removed since then and Dive has a fully functioning event that will be available in the next beta.

darklugia2010

darklugia2010
    Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2024
    It's an intended glitch. I didn't want to waste a flag on a character who's just there to give you Dive and Rock Climb for fun, since the events for those HMs are later in the game. He's been removed since then and Dive has a fully functioning event that will be available in the next beta.

Okay thanks for explaining that I was just wondering about that.

Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2022
    Will there be a way to evolve Crystal Onix into a Crystal Steelix? Because the Pokedex shows Onix´s regular Shiny form but instead of Steelix´s regular shiny form it shows a crystal like form. So i wonder why my crystal Onix evolves into a regular Steelix if I give it a Trade Stone. Is that a bug?

PiaCRT

Orange Dev
    Years
  • Will there be a way to evolve Crystal Onix into a Crystal Steelix? Because the Pokedex shows Onix´s regular Shiny form but instead of Steelix´s regular shiny form it shows a crystal like form. So i wonder why my crystal Onix evolves into a regular Steelix if I give it a Trade Stone. Is that a bug?

Originally Crystal Onix was just Onix's shiny form, and Steelix followed suit. It's been changed so crystal onix is its own form now, I'll have to look into having it evolve into Crystal Steelix and revert regular Steelix's shiny.

Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2022
    Okay I got it, thank you! I´d love to see a Crystal Steelix in this game :]
    Is there already a date, when the next update will be released?

I´m from Germany btw so excuse the bad english sometimes ^~^"
    but I really love this Rom Hack, it´s one of my favorites including Prism and Crystal Clear

Last edited:

shinymissingno

??? Pokemon
    Years
  • I've wanted to play this for the longest time, but have no idea what to do in regards to 'building' it, so I'm... I'm just gonna wait until it's done, and hope the 'full' version is put out as a file I can patch over a rom...
    Here's hoping development continues to go well~!

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    Originally Crystal Onix was just Onix's shiny form, and Steelix followed suit. It's been changed so crystal onix is its own form now, I'll have to look into having it evolve into Crystal Steelix and revert regular Steelix's shiny.

I was looking up suitable gemstone designs to follow the idea of a Crystal Steelix coloration and found this

https://cdn.wallpapersafari.com/61/94/z0fxn3.jpg

Since you're going for making the Crystal Onix its own sort of variant you could try doing the same with Crystal Steelix by using clusters like these to cover its body, sort of mirroring it's mega evolution. As for the main body of crystal steelix (assuming you like the idea overall) you can make its body white and polished, like diamond, as the pokedex states it's body is supposed to be as hard as diamond. A white diamond body with blue crystal clusters would make an attractive look for a Crystal Steelix I believe. And due to how hard diamonds are, there would be no problem keeping it as a steel and ground type.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    Lord a mercy, I need to give this hack a go since you've been such a great help to me <3

Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2022
    was wanting to know how far the game goes like is it mostly finished in terms of story/gameplay or is it not done yet?(usually wait for hacks to be finished before i play them)

Last edited:

PiaCRT

Orange Dev
    Years
  • Closed beta testing has started, so hopefully pretty soon I'll have the current game ironed out as I work on Kumquat Island.

And no, the game is not done.

Back