• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Guess the Pokémon - Different Languages! Part 2

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
  • Since it seems that the old thread was inactive for about 3 months now...

In this game, I'll type a Pokémon name in different languages (it can be either Japanese, French, German, Korean or even Chinese), and you have to guess the English name of that Pokémon. Then you have to provide the foreign names of the next Pokémon for the next posters to answer with. Here's an example:

First Poster:
    Who's that Pokémon? 皮卡丘 (Chinese)

Second Poster:
    Hey, I know how it's spelled. Pikachu, right? :chu:
    How about Mauzi (German)?

Third Poster:
    Before: I'm fairly positive it's Meowth.
    After: Meeeowth, that's right!
    Metamon (Japanese)?

And this goes on and on. There are two ways to answer this, as explained above. You can simply post the English name of the Pokémon, or you could post your initial guess and then the correct answer afterwards, in the style of Before and After as demonstrated by the third poster in this example.

Mmkay, let's get started, then!
    Arakdo (French)

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years
  • Before: "Arakdo" sounds like "arachnid," so maybe it's Ariados?
    After: Oops, it was Surskit! But hey, I guess it really was a Bug-type after all. xD

Next up is... Harimaron! (Japanese)

Meadow

Years
  • Heh, I bet you knew that from watching the XY anime. :P But likewise, I watch too much of the Best Wishes series, so I know that Tabunne is Audino. =)

Time for a third Japanese name... Gantle!

Arma

The Hyena
    Years
  • hmmm... that sounds like gentle to me.... but eh, that doesn't say much. Let's go with Gible?
    ...Ooh, it's Boldore how was I ever suppoed to know that

Let's go with a German name this time.... introducing: Tornupto
    Hint:
    Spoiler:

Meadow

Years
  • Before: Hmm, let's see... "Torn—" and "—phoon" are giving me tornado/typhoon vibes, so maybe it's Tornelos?
    After: D'oh, I just realized Tornelos is the Japanese name of Tornadus, which means "Bakphoon" is something entirely unrelated... WHAT? It was Typhlosion? O_O

Try this one... Taupiqueur (French)

Meadow

Years
  • Before: Ooh, I can tell this is gonna be a tough one to guess. Could it be... Dialga, maybe?
    After: Nope, not even close haha. I never thought it would be Bounsweet!

Next up is... Pokabu (Japanese).

Back