• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ldl_lionel_92

Lionel
Years
2 questions

1. if i want the 1st gym to be guarded or locked or something - how would i do this

2. How do i insert trainers into the game?

1) You need a script. You need pokescript for this. I will make you a script if you tell me:
a) WHat game you are hacking
b) Do you want it to be a person who is there
c) What do you need for it to unlock?

2) Use PET to edit trainers. If you want to insert new trainers, in Fire Red you can do this. Us PET, and there are a whole heap of trainers at the beginning that are AQUA LEADER and have an ekans. You can just change their type (AQUA LEADER) to say rocket, and wah-lah, you have a new trainer!

PM me the answer to those questions and any others. I will be happy to help. ANyone else as well.

Hi, sorry for the double post, but i have a question of my own. How do you edit the text at the beginning of the game? The 3 pages that appear before you talk to OAK at the beginning of the game i am referring to, which ends in "Press A to start your journey" Is it in A-TEXT? or is it an actual image which can be edited in unLZ?

Last edited:

light_trainer921

Flamethrower Helper
Years
Textbox: 0x471DEC

Name Display box: 0x471E4C(Border = 0x471E66)

I meant this:
1635pokemonfireredusquiau1.png

The blue box.

and this:

1635pokemonfireredusquihs9.png

The box that says "Pallet Town"

Last edited:
Years
Hi, sorry for the double post, but i have a question of my own. How do you edit the text at the beginning of the game? The 3 pages that appear before you talk to OAK at the beginning of the game i am referring to, which ends in "Press A to start your journey" Is it in A-TEXT? or is it an actual image which can be edited in unLZ?

Two ways to find it. Do it in a hex editor or use the search function in A-Text. If you want to do it in a hex editor, I'll save you the trouble of searching, its at 1C5A04.

I meant this:
1635pokemonfireredusquiau1.png

The blue box.

and this:

1635pokemonfireredusquihs9.png

The box that says "Pallet Town"

Thae first one is at 471920.
Blazichu gave you the second one, it's is at 471E4C.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
How can I edit (or replace) sprites?

It depends if the sprites you want to replace are compressed or not. In the first case you case unLZ; otherwhise you need to use a tile editor like TLP or Tile Molester.

Hellsing

The bird of Hermes is my name
Years
It depends if the sprites you want to replace are compressed or not. In the first case you case unLZ; otherwhise you need to use a tile editor like TLP or Tile Molester.

Then if I want to edit Prof. Birch's sprite in Ruby, can I do it with unLZ gba? thanks

Years
  • Seen Jun 26, 2010
How would i create all new insides of houses and gyms etc and also
how do i make it so you can walk into a new created house/gym/cave etc

Darke Hawke

Trainer of the Shadows
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 14, 2008
does anyone know of some good GSC or advance series hacks that are finished ?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
abbott said:
How would i create all new insides of houses and gyms etc and also
how do i make it so you can walk into a new created house/gym/cave etc

1. By either exporting the tileset from AdvanceMap and editing it in a paint like program or exporting it via Unlz.GBA and then editing and importing it.

2. Using Warps, check the map bank and map, it should be next to the name of the map. Then you have to put that number as the map bank and map so you can go into the new map.

Years
  • Seen Jun 26, 2010
advanced map hmmm does that work on Gold?

is their a tutorial on warping?

Years
  • Seen Jun 26, 2010
when i save my script from notpad it comes up as a missing file and i cant open it. i have done it right i think its saved as

Shelder.rbc - which i think is right

moz-screenshot.jpg
moz-screenshot-1.jpg
moz-screenshot-2.jpg
moz-screenshot-3.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back