• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If Pokemon Could Have Three Types...

Years
  • Geez, I can see strengths and weaknesses being a huge mess haha. Then again, how I sometimes wish Celebi would be grass/psychic/fairy from time to time....or just grass/fairy...

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2024
    The metagame would be way out of balance if it isn't already dicey enough as it is.

Triple typings may see some Pokémon sent straight to Ubers, while others drop to obscurity for extra weaknesses.

Dragonite would be very difficult to deal with if it was Dragon/Flying/Water, even with Stealth Rock on the field, since the simultaneous mix of Dragon and Water can nullify the 4x weaknesses to Ice and Electric.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Trying to logic this out legit makes my brain twist in knots.

That said, there's a plethora of Pokemon that really got cheated out of having good, well reasoned third types. Off the top of my head:

Charizard: Fire/Flying/Dragon. Drapion: Bug/Poison/Dark. Dhelmise: Water (or Grass)/Steel/Ghost. Noctowl: Flying/Normal/Psychic.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I'm thinking Pokemon not having three types is pretty much the main reason why Celebi of all Pokemon isn't a Fairy type. :x

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • i think my head would explode trying to wrap around all the type match ups

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • mine too but i genuinely think it'd be really fun if pokemon had three types LOL

reminds me of this pokemon i made when i was a kid. i didn't give a fuck i gave it three types it was flying/grass/ghost. it was a BIG GRAY CLOUD with one eye, demon wings, and fucking christmas tree legs

Back