• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Mirage Of Tales

Chimchar

THE Chimchar Tamer
Years
  • Hi guys! Sorry for the lack of activity, I've been really sick for a few days and just didn't feel like doing anything lol. Thanks for all your comments/suggestions!
    One of the things I wanted to say was that the Gym Leaders aren't exactly like even levels with the city you're in, so they'll always be a bit stronger, since I try to make it at the start so you don't have to defeat the first Leader to progress to the second town etc, so backtracking was in mind with the Gym Leader levels =)

Aaanyway, I've done some mass editing of the level curve in the game and testing everything myself takes forever, so if anyone is out there who wouldn't mind beta testing/starting a new game and giving some feedback on the updates that would be awesome! =) There isn't much new content to be tested, but I've been working more on improving what was already there first. If anyone's interested or has the time just leave a comment =)

I would like to be a beta tester. I've never had the opportunity to be a beta tester so I think it would be fun!

Leo the Lion

Too many sexy people in this world, all of them fi
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2016
    So, I have a tiny problem. I have battled the bad guys' leader (whose name I can't remember :P) and Abyssol escaped. I followed him to the patch of grass next to the Clearwater Lake (or pond? Well, you get the point :P) and defeated him twice. Then, I went back to the SFS Base and talked to Aries, and told me to capture Abyssol. But Abyssol isn't there anymore! Is that a bug or am I supposed to find him in another place? Or wasn't I supposed to defeat him?

Also, I'm sorry if I don't remember much, I have some memory problems :P

PS: I would want to help with the beta testing, if it's ok.

Years
    • Seen Jun 18, 2017
    So, I have a tiny problem. I have battled the bad guys' leader (whose name I can't remember :P) and Abyssol escaped. I followed him to the patch of grass next to the Clearwater Lake (or pond? Well, you get the point :P) and defeated him twice. Then, I went back to the SFS Base and talked to Aries, and told me to capture Abyssol. But Abyssol isn't there anymore! Is that a bug or am I supposed to find him in another place? Or wasn't I supposed to defeat him?

Also, I'm sorry if I don't remember much, I have some memory problems :P

PS: I would want to help with the beta testing, if it's ok.
    my question is why wouldnt u try to catch him to begin with hes sweet as f*ck lol

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2017
    Where is the registry office for surf?

Great hack.

Other end of tanzite tunnel. Once you complete the lord grey arc in verlume villas, proceed right to the tunnel. Once through, there's a building that you can't possibly miss. Your rival may be blocking the counter, so go to the hotel and battle your female rival, talk to the professor and atenza, and he will move. :D

By the way avara, I would love to be a beta tester. ^o^!

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    You do have to catch Abyssol to progress, but if you want a "Bad" Alignment point from the quest, you can give Abyssol back to the Science Centre after you've gotten the Canal Ticket too. =P

ButteryButters

Poketuber
    Years
  • Hello, my name is Justin aka ButteryButters and I LOVE your hack Mirage of Tales. Me and a very close friend of mine want to do a Co-op Let's Play of the game as far as it has been developed thus far. We know it isn't completed yet and we may or may not have to reset with updates 2.5/3 but we are ok with it.

I was wondering if you had any problems with either of us uploading gameplay with commentary of your hack? We both put out quality videos and commentary. We are both small time, I have 128 subscribers and she has 57 but I like to think we are good at what we do, If you need our channel links I can provide them, mine is in my profile. We would obviously credit you in the description and in the videos.

This isn't at least for a month away considering my friend is a teacher and needs to wait for the Summer Holidays to take on a second project but if you say yes I will let you know when the videos go up and you can use our videos in the posts to help "sell" the hack if you need. I didn't see any videos when I last check lol.

Either way thank you for your time in reading this. Whatever you decide I want to say this is a great hack. Keep it up :)

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2016
    I wouldn't mind to restart the game to test it. I plan on trying out every career I can anyways.

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2023
    You do have to catch Abyssol to progress, but if you want a "Bad" Alignment point from the quest, you can give Abyssol back to the Science Centre after you've gotten the Canal Ticket too. =P

But Abyssol looks cool, why would you want to give it away.

inksplashed-heart

mimikyu stan
    Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    I am so sorry for being a giant noob, but how come when I try to soft-patch this to FireRed, just the original FireRed comes up? I tried hard-patching it with Lunar IPS, too, but...yeah. Not working.
    Again, I am so sorry for being such a noob, it's just that I really want to play this game! I was sold the moment I found out there were different routes and not just the same old formula :)

DoYouKnowHowToPokemon

noob rom hacker/beta tester
    Years
  • I am so sorry for being a giant noob, but how come when I try to soft-patch this to FireRed, just the original FireRed comes up? I tried hard-patching it with Lunar IPS, too, but...yeah. Not working.
    Again, I am so sorry for being such a noob, it's just that I really want to play this game! I was sold the moment I found out there were different routes and not just the same old formula :)

Do you mean the game as a whole or the title screen?
    The title screen was left alone for now, so if you patched it and see the normal firered title screen
    don't worry about it. Have you tried playing it after you patched it(past title screen into actual gameplay)?

@avaramoon I'm always up for some beta testing.

Last edited:

inksplashed-heart

mimikyu stan
    Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    Do you mean the game as a whole or the title screen?
    The title screen was left alone for now, so if you patched it and see the normal firered title screen
    don't worry about it. Have you tried playing it after you patched it(past title screen into actual gameplay)?

@avaramoon I'm always up for some beta testing.

Oh. I feel...really stupid. :(
    I am so sorry for being a noob. Really. Hahaha. I kind of freaked when I saw the title screen, automatically thought I did something wrong. Thank you, DoYouKnowHowToPokemon! Apparently, I don't know how to just yet. ;)

Years
  • im currently stuck on the clearwater pond event...

Does anyone know where i can find a good rod or a super rod so i can catch a water Pokemon?

Also where can i get a Feraligatr?

P.S @avaramoon i would be proud to be a beta tester XD

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2017
    im currently stuck on the clearwater pond event...

Does anyone know where i can find a good rod or a super rod so i can catch a water Pokemon?

Also where can i get a Feraligatr?

P.S @avaramoon i would be proud to be a beta tester XD

Ahem. XD Luckily for you, good sir, feraligatr is found in the sewers of Lethean City as a totodile (it's a mini event pokemon). A good rood can be found on the island with Troy on it, I think. The clearwater pond event with the skrelp isn't a requirement, I believe it's only a side quest. If you need surf doe, you'll need a gyrados or a whiscash.

Years
  • Ahem. XD Luckily for you, good sir, feraligatr is found in the sewers of Lethean City as a totodile (it's a mini event pokemon). A good rood can be found on the island with Troy on it, I think. The clearwater pond event with the skrelp isn't a requirement, I believe it's only a side quest. If you need surf doe, you'll need a gyrados or a whiscash.

Thank you, young man, the information you provided was vastly helpful and needed :P

ButteryButters

Poketuber
    Years
  • Other end of tanzite tunnel. Once you complete the lord grey arc in verlume villas, proceed right to the tunnel. Once through, there's a building that you can't possibly miss. Your rival may be blocking the counter, so go to the hotel and battle your female rival, talk to the professor and atenza, and he will move. :D

Thank you so much for this btw. I have be trying the Clearwater Pond event and had no idea where to find surf :P

Back