• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Years
You're all welcome ;D
I'll be getting some nice shinies this way.
I am also going to be making a guide on YouTube.
Gonna hunt later, after I do all 200 Finals problems due tomorrow X_X

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 15, 2012
hiya - i just got a friend request from Aaryn sent to my email so i had to come back to check out what's going on. i haven't been playing much lately either; i'm still working on a business major, a law minor, a job and a girlfriend soooooo that kinda cuts shiny hunting out of my daily formula... which is too bad. growing up is awful, guys - avoid it. you know what though... i think she'll be out of town for a bit later this month, maybe i can whip out the DS if my workload permits it. that sounds nice, maybe i'll do that. bye for now!

Years
Holy Karp!
Originals... returning?
Unheard of!
xD
Well...
Rejoin.
Nao.
xD
Collecting more eggs.
I want a shiny Karp.
I call dibs on Treecko and Phione.
And I'm making my own guide.
*Glares at DDD*

Mateus_

Retired Hunter.
Years
as I awready said before...
I think that this club is starting a new gold era...
the old school is comming back :D

Aaryn

I Want a DS!!!
Years
Geez Ryan, i can't believe it myself. I looked for you, and saw your profile... and Don't ask me why, I decided to send you afriend request... something I should have done the first day I met you.

God, you gotta tell me hows everything doing.

yes, growing up sucks, it sucks big time, so try to avoid it.

Ill be around. See ya.

DDD'SSCEPTILE

GekkouKitsune : Shiny Master
Years
Holy Karp!
Originals... returning?
Unheard of!
xD
Well...
Rejoin.
Nao.
xD
Collecting more eggs.
I want a shiny Karp.
I call dibs on Treecko and Phione.
And I'm making my own guide.
*Glares at DDD*

There's no need to be glaring.

I wouldn't waste my time making a guide for it, because it is still up in the air if this works or not, leaning more towards not.

Since I got my shiny Munchlax, the only person who has gotten a shiny by hatching using the method is Mateus. A bunch of people are trying it on my video as we speak, and I am as well.

That's not to say it isn't real, I think there might be something more to it but I am having my doubts again.

I'm hatching Magikarps. I'm nearing 80 hatched I think. It would be nice to get it regardless.

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
If it is an actual glitch, will shinies obtained through this method be counted on the SHC cards? If so, will there be any sort of limit?

I'm almost positive that this will be used even more so than the PokeRadar because there are simply too many cool shinies to resist that can only be obtained through hatching.

Years
There is still no proof, YET.
Still trying though.
So are others who viewed DDD's guide.
I may get banned again... who knows.
Bye, IF I do.

DDD'SSCEPTILE

Years
If it is an actual glitch, will shinies obtained through this method be counted on the SHC cards? If so, will there be any sort of limit?

I'm almost positive that this will be used even more so than the PokeRadar because there are simply too many cool shinies to resist that can only be obtained through hatching.

Like Shroomish, Staryu and Riolu? lol :D

If you want any, might as well start hatching now cuz it's looking like this stuff doesn't work, again....

But what's funny was I was saying that with Munchlax then 5 eggs later I got it. (Yeah, I was like, "You gotta be kidding me..")

Still trying though.
Bye, IF I do.

Awww, again??? :(
Well... if you do, cya later, hopefully. :(

I just hope, that if there are no results from this Egg Chain crap, that I can work myself out of the nightmare of working people to death from hatching. o_o

Years
  • Seen Jul 24, 2013
Well I finally beat the Elite 4 in Platinum, after struggling for over an hour on Cynthia(cause of her stupid Garchomp and Lucario >_>). Once I get the National Dex, I want to get a good Modest Darkrai, and then I will be starting up my shiny hunting once again :).

My main shiny hunt(Platinum) will be shiny Regigigas, as a Level 1 shiny Regigigas will be awesome :P. I'm also going to pick up my Paras hunt as well, I'm up to 8600 encounters. SHINE for me guys.

Congrats to new shinies everyone.

Years
No, it works on wild Pokemon as well.
Chiakiro from YouTube has proven this.
I proved this a long time ago by catching two identical Spinda. (I never did get around to posting the video. Bah.) You need to do exactly the same thing both times down to the 1/60th of a second, so it's effectively non-existent.

Breeding some strong-IV Skorupi the "normal" way before attempting the trick. IVs are typically in the mid-20s right now. Will probably only make 10 more eggs before going to the trick.

I hate breeding on DP. You have no idea what their IVs are like because they're at L1. I need to bring every single hatchling into an IV battle just to tell whether it's crap or not. .__.;

I have every intention of keeping on breeding Chikorita in Emerald.

I'd also rather we try to keep quiet about this. The last thing we need is another explosion of shiny abuse like when the Pokéradar was deciphered. It's going to happen anyway, eventually, but the more we can slow it down, the better.

Edit: OMG, Ryan, too! I have two years on ya, so you have no excuse! xP

Of course, I still have that Calculus III assignment due tomorrow to finish. Line integrals <3

Edit2:
We'll have to see how it turns out--what the real odds are and what's possible with it, ie. multiples. If multiples are possible and the odds are any greater than 1/1000 per, then it's probably going to be done like the Pokéradar--only one will be counted from each "chain."

Still trying though.
Bye, IF I do.
Dunno what you're dabbling in, but if you just keep quiet, you should be fine. Bans are almost always the result of some sort of posting action.

And a WARNING to all aspiring Eggers:
There are two Joggers on the usual egg hatching route. I figured they weren't trainers until just now when I found myself being challenged by them. They're just like the Policemen, only it's Morning they challenge you during. I wasn't doing the trick, so they hadn't messed me up.

Last edited:
Years
Yeah...
It was me trying to be helpful, which is ironic.
I rarely offer up, yet every time, someone gets pissed.
xD
Continuing hatching.
O.O
Sorry to hear that MM.
BUT, they only battle you in the morning.
I battle them long ago in my Diamond game.
xD
Good luck all.

DDD'SSCEPTILE

Years
I proved this a long time ago by catching two identical Spinda. (I never did get around to posting the video. Bah.) You need to do exactly the same thing both times down to the 1/60th of a second, so it's effectively non-existent.

Breeding some strong-IV Skorupi the "normal" way before attempting the trick. IVs are typically in the mid-20s right now. Will probably only make 10 more eggs before going to the trick.

I hate breeding on DP. You have no idea what their IVs are like because they're at L1. I need to bring every single hatchling into an IV battle just to tell whether it's crap or not. .__.;

I have every intention of keeping on breeding Chikorita in Emerald.

I'd also rather we try to keep quiet about this. The last thing we need is another explosion of shiny abuse like when the Pokéradar was deciphered. It's going to happen anyway, eventually, but the more we can slow it down, the better.

Edit: OMG, Ryan, too! I have two years on ya, so you have no excuse! xP

Of course, I still have that Calculus III assignment due tomorrow to finish. Line integrals <3

Edit2:

We'll have to see how it turns out--what the real odds are and what's possible with it, ie. multiples. If multiples are possible and the odds are any greater than 1/1000 per, then it's probably going to be done like the Pokéradar--only one will be counted from each "chain."

Dunno what you're dabbling in, but if you just keep quiet, you should be fine. Bans are almost always the result of some sort of posting action.

And a WARNING to all aspiring Eggers:
There are two Joggers on the usual egg hatching route. I figured they weren't trainers until just now when I found myself being challenged by them. They're just like the Policemen, only it's Morning they challenge you during. I wasn't doing the trick, so they hadn't messed me up.

Yeah, the Joggers... I knew they could battle because someone I know told me, and then I battled and defeated them....

As far as Egg Chaining goes, might as well keep quiet since it's absolutely fake, once again.

Me and Mateus are the ONLY people who have gotten a shiny(s) out of this, and I still don't have a shiny Magikarp and I've hatched 120 eggs, but pah, the original shinyhunter on YouTube (the dude who signed up with that name, no numbers, nothing), they've hatched like 300 Houndour and nothing... along with a bunch of other shiny hunters.

I'm just one lucky [insert what you will here].

But I want my shiny Magikarp!!! :(

I'll get it eventually, the hard way and true way because the Egg Chaining glitch does not work.

Here's the link to my Egg Chaining video again, including warning and apologetic annotations...

Might want to look through the comments just to see how everything went down, there was a lot of discussion in there, including this particular comment made by PDUTogepiEX:

Now this is very very interesting.

Can I ask, when breeding your Vulpix and Munchlax, the Pokémon you bred together, were any of them foreign Pokémon at all? (Obviously ones from a different language game to your own.)
You see, I noticed something in Junichi Masuda's blog a while ago, where he was talking about the benefits of getting foreign Pokémon over the GTS and using them in-game.
One point listed was:
">rare colored Pokemon's Egg can be found little easier,"

As far as I know, my Pokemon aren't/haven't been foreign, especially for Munchlax, both the parents (Snorlax and Ditto) came from my Diamond game (I traded them to Pearl 2 to hatch them).

Could there be something else or something new we haven't even discovered yet?

Either way, again, the Egg Chaining glitch does not work unless there is something we are doing wrong, but I'm doing everything I did before and no results yet.
I'm going to continue hatching Magikarp, not turning my game off. I plan to hatch near 200 or 300, depends on what I need to do in Diamond.

(Like, say, uh, raise an extremely lucky hatched Munchlax?)

Good luck everyone.
I doubt everyone's and my own efforts will put this 'glitch' to rest just yet, it'll still be around for a while.

Years
  • Seen Jul 24, 2013
Congrats to new shinies everyone.

Tonight I am spending some time SRing for shiny Snorlax in FireRed. My Paras hunt is going pretty good as well. Nothing has appeared shiny just yet, but I do hope to get at least one more shiny this month.

I still haven't caught the Darkrai I am looking for, so until then I can't SR for shiny Regigigas in Platinum. I have a feeling that at this rate, I'll find a second shiny one before I get the flawless stat one I am looking for
tongue.gif

SHINE for me Snorlax/Paras.

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
MetalMario, for your IV situation, have you read Smogon's breeding guide? You can Rare Candy any breedable Pokemon to level 5, and get a better estimate of its IVs. By doing this you can distinguish the crappy Skorupi from the good one without even using an IV battle. But you still have to use an IV battle to determine the exact IVs.

It was really helpful when I was trying to get good parents for Totodile.

Years
MetalMario, for your IV situation, have you read Smogon's breeding guide? You can Rare Candy any breedable Pokemon to level 5, and get a better estimate of its IVs. By doing this you can distinguish the crappy Skorupi from the good one without even using an IV battle. But you still have to use an IV battle to determine the exact IVs.

It was really helpful when I was trying to get good parents for Totodile.
It wouldn't save any time. (And I don't have that many Rare Candies. .__.) Because I have two games and two DSes, I can IV battle with myself. It goes fast.

Stuff is on hold. My last batch of 10 Skorupi yielded no Jolly females so I'm stuck with my old one having a 4 IV in Defense. >.>

Even among other failures, three phenomenal successes (less than 1000 Eggs constitutes phenomenal luck) are grounds for further investigation. Continuing with my Skorupi breeding.

Now this is very very interesting.

Can I ask, when breeding your Vulpix and Munchlax, the Pokémon you bred together, were any of them foreign Pokémon at all? (Obviously ones from a different language game to your own.)
You see, I noticed something in Junichi Masuda's blog a while ago, where he was talking about the benefits of getting foreign Pokémon over the GTS and using them in-game.
One point listed was:
">rare colored Pokemon's Egg can be found little easier,"
Wow, that's some amazing info! This implies that there's some sort of Pokéradar-esque shiny-fixing being done to eggs, which could mean all sorts of things might affect shininess there. Maybe I'll go pester my bro (Jap. Platinum owner) to hatch me a couple Skorupi. :D

Time to call in a reverse engineer to figure out the factors for egg PV calculation.

Back