• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ Heart of Soul ] Generation 2 Fanclub

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Welcome to generation two club, Gunner! Bellossom's an awesome Pokémon; I'm hugely fond of it, personally. It sucks to see that it's sort of underrated, though. :( If only it had something to make itself shine more.

I don't think I've ever tried using any cheat code in gen two games. It would've been pretty interesting to see how it would be if I had!

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Appearance-wise, though, I'm not really sure as to how different they could possibly make Mega-Bellossom look. It's super-small, so there's very little room for them to add anything. If they attach a couple of extra flowers to its body, some of its parts would become blocked, making it seem even smaller and whatnot. If this Pokémon were just a bit bigger, it would have been much better, if you ask me.

As far as stats go, I believe it would be great if it were to receive boost in Special Attack, since that's what it specializes in (no pun intended, haha). Alongside, some defensive boosts would also be nice, so that it would be able to endure an additional hit or two.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
Years
Wow, I haven't posted in here in a long time I just realized.

I'm honestly not the biggest fan of Bellossom. It's not a bad Pokémon, I just don't care much for it. I like Vileplume much better.

Now Crobat, there's a Gen II Pokémon I can get behind.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
Weell, my first Johto game was Crystal. No surprise there. I know you are all gonna rage at me but I still haven't finished the game yet. I don't know why but I've been meaning to but it's just too much work. The last save I got far was when I got stuck in Ecruteak City, since I don't know for the life of me what do you do in the gym lol. I got to Mahogany Town, to Olivine City, searching for an answer but to no avail. Too bad it got deleted :x
I don't know if you know already, but there isn't really anything you need to do to get through the Ecruteak gym. It's simply a matter of trial and error. The path is invisible, but it's always linear, so simply going in straight lines when on the path, you'll only fall off when figuring out which way to turn. At least that's how I remember it.

But yeah, it's really a shame that you never made it past that. One of the things I loved the most about the second generation games was the fact that there were 2 regions to go through, and I really loved going through the new Kanto, so I'd definitely say you missed out on a lot. I used to always get stuck when trying to figure out how to get past the Snorlax in Kanto, since I never actually learned how to do it myself, it was always someone else who did it for me, so in a majority of my first playthroughs, I never got to see the second half of Kanto. So you're definitely not alone in getting stuck, it's just a shame that it happened so early on for you D:

But yeah, hope you get to play through the games sometime, whether it's the originals or the remakes :D If I were to suggest something, I'd say the remakes, even though I haven't played them. The originals have quite a charm to it, but something that always bothered me was the fact that the only stationary legendaries you could catch were Lugia and Ho-oh. Even though the games included all the locations for the legendary birds, the original Victory Road aside, you weren't able to catch them. And they completely removed the Cerulean Cave. So yeah, I'd honestly say to play the remakes just for that haha. But obviously the remakes have much more content, and you'd generally just have more fun with them :D

Years
I don't remember if Gold or Silver were my first Johto games.. like at all, but I'm willing to bet it was Silver. Or maybe Gold. Mind keeps wandering off to both of them so maybe I did end up convincing parents to get me both copies. 8]

Did you guys ever use the Tyrogue you get in G/S/C from Mt. Mortar in Johto?

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
Years
Gold was my first Johto game. Ended up playing Crystal later. Both games were amazing. 'Nuff said.

Did you guys ever use the Tyrogue you get in G/S/C from Mt. Mortar in Johto?

Nope. Probably gonna end up transferring it just to fill my X Pokédex.

Years
I evolved mine into Hitmontop! Though it took a lot of resetting and using Protein and Iron to even out its stats. But in the end it was worth it because Hitmontop was awesome. <3

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 2, 2020
Hi, I would like to join.

Two Johto Partner Pokemon: Amphoros and Houndoom ( or Slowking, love slowking)
1. What was the first Johto game you played? Gold
2. What is your favorite Johto Pokemon and why?
My favorite legendary is Raiku because I love electric types. My favorite Johto Pokémon is Amphoros. Same reason as before.
3. When did you first start loving Johto? When I watched the TV show, I love that dancing Totodile.
7. Who do you prefer, Phanpy or Teddiursa? Phanpy, definitely.
8. Have you played generation two remakes--HeartGold and SoulSilver? I played HeartGold.

Years
Hi, I would like to join.

Two Johto Partner Pokemon: Amphoros and Houndoom ( or Slowking, love slowking)
1. What was the first Johto game you played? Gold
My favorite legendary is Raiku because I love electric types. My favorite Johto Pokémon is Amphoros. Same reason as before.
3. When did you first start loving Johto? When I watched the TV show, I love that dancing Totodile.
7. Who do you prefer, Phanpy or Teddiursa? Phanpy, definitely.
8. Have you played generation two remakes--HeartGold and SoulSilver? I played HeartGold.

You picked really amazing partners.. those are some of my favorite Johto Pokemon, too. And of course Slowking is also amazing!

And yay Phanpy fans. ^_^ So happy to see others who love him as much as I do.. though Teddiursa is also very cute.

New topic! Did any of you guys finish the Pokedex in your G/S/C or HG/SS games?

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
I evolved mine into Hitmontop! Though it took a lot of resetting and using Protein and Iron to even out its stats. But in the end it was worth it because Hitmontop was awesome. <3
Ooh, I always really wanted a Hitmontop, but at the time, I had no idea how the evolutions worked on Tyrogue, and I honestly thought it was just the pre-evolution to Hitmonlee, which unsurprisingly made me wonder why Hitmonchan didn't get one. And which also made me wonder how in the world I'd obtain Hitmontop. It wasn't until years later that I learned about the stats thing, which was after I lost my copy of Silver, so I've never been able to attempt it :( But yeah, I usually ended up boxing it after evolving it into Hitmonlee, since I'd always been in favour of Hitmonchan anyways.

Regarding finishing the Pokedex, considering I never knew how to get Hitmontop, it should be easy to realise that I never finished the Pokedex in the originals, and since I've never owned HG/SS, it's obviouslyn ever happened there either. My brother made an impressive attempt at it though, and managed to fill a lot of the Pokedex, and level most of them to 100 as well. But he didn't know the thing about Tyrogue either, so I know he didn't get Hitmontop at least. He eventually gave up though, but when he returned to the game, the internal battery had died, so all his progress was lost as well :(

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I've wanted to get my hands on Hitmontop also, but unfortunately, was never able. I didn't have too much knowledge on how certain Pokémon evolved back then, which could be a major reason as to why. When generation two were still around, I've always thought that all Pokémon would evolve by either leveling-up or using stones, and had zero idea on anything else.

Though, I can't say I'm precisely able to blame my younger self; back then, I didn't care much for catching Pokémon, completing PokéDex, or anything else of the like. All I wanted to do, I believe, is just lay-back, enjoy story that the games had to offer, explore locations, uncover secrets, and other things of the like. If I were to focus on more complex detail, it probably wouldn't have been as enjoyable for me.

Years
I have yet to finish the dex in any second gen game - it was just too difficult without things like the GTS. Link trading was a pain with the limited number of friends I had and how unaware I was of where to get what in general.. I relied mostly on guidebooks or asking friends. Of course, that alone left me with a lot of empty 'dex slots, haha.

But at the same time it was really cool remembering how thrilled I'd be when I saw a Pokemon I wasn't familiar with, especially one at a high level. I remember being on a train at 10 years old or so and being so shocked at the kid next to me with a lv. 70-something Porygon2. xD; like, how'd you get that?!

Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2023
I just stumbled across this thread, and I've always loved gen II, so I'll join!

Name: Imperator161
Partners: Hmm, that's hard. I like so many Johto Pokemon. I'll go with the two most memorable ones from my (unbalanced) Gold team, Totodile and Quagsire

And the questions from the first page of this thread:
1. What was the first Johto game you played?

Gold

Again, a hard one. I'll have to go with Totodile, my original Johto starter. I didn't like the way it's evolved forms looked when I originally played through, so I kept it unevolved all the way to level 100. I also like the rest of its line now, the Cyndaquil line, Pichu, Quagsire, Hoothoot/Noctowl, Ampharos, the Teddiursa line, Tyranitar, and a bunch of others, to name a few.

3. When did you first start loving Johto?

When I first started playing it in the fall of 2000, I suppose. I started with Red, and many of my all-time favorite Pokemon (especially Blastoise and Pikachu) come from gen I, but Gold is when I really grew as a Pokemon trainer. I fell in love with it from my first evening wandering with my Totodile to Mr. Pokemon's house and capturing the Hoothoot that became the second member of my team, and I was awed to wake up the next morning and discover that the clock had advanced on its own and that it was now daytime.

4. If you could own one Johto Pokemon and one only, which one would you pick and why?

Probably Totodile again, for the reasons mentioned above. But I wouldn't want just any Totodile. I would want the one from my first fateful journey through Johto some 14+ years ago.

Teddiursa sounds pretty huggable and cuddly, too. Although I wouldn't want to have to deal with its angry Ursaring parent.

5. Do you have any favorite fanart images of Johto Pokemon you like? Share them with us!

Not really, sorry.

6. Which Johto Pokemon mega evolution is your favorite and why?

Probably Ampharos. I've always liked Ampharos, and its mega is just so...fabulous. [Groan.] But really, Mega Ampharos is pretty awesome, and I like the hair and the dragon typing, even with the addition of fairies.

7. Who do you prefer, Phanpy or Teddiursa?

Teddiursa. Bears are my favorite animals, and Teddiursa is an adorable bear. I like Phanpy too, but Teddiursa was also my first breeding "project" (with egg moves and careful planning), so I like it for that reason too.

8. Have you played generation two remakes--HeartGold and SoulSilver?

Yes, I have. I like them, and it was great to traverse Johto again, but my journey wasn't quite as magical as it was with Gold. Certainly, I enjoyed them, but I didn't put as many hours into them, and I don't have the same sorts of memories that I had with Gold. But I was a strong proponent of a Gold remake for years (that's actually how I ended up here--I heard about ShinyGold and came here in hopes of reliving my Gold days, and made an account so I could download the patch), and I'm really glad that GF finally remade my favorite generation.

And, as for the new question about the Pokedex: Yes, I completed my Pokedex on Gold. It was the first Pokedex I ever completed, and it was quite challenging to do so. The most time-consuming part was probably borrowing a friend's spare copy of Yellow and playing all the way through it just to get an Omanyte, since neither of us owned one. I also recall starting a copy of Blue repeatedly and trading over the Kanto starters to Gold. The last Pokemon I caught was Unown (when I completed the entire Unowndex), as I was afraid of them when I started because they seemed mysterious and I was afraid they would glitch up my game like Missingno. (Not sure why I thought that, but kids' minds work in strange ways.)

Years
I'd like to sign up!
Username: Relativity124
Partners: A really hard choice but i think i'll go with Quagsire and Umbreon
Topic answers:
1. Crystal
2. A really hard choice, as i love almost every pokemon released in second gen, but i suppose it would be Umbreon
3. When i played through Crystal. Loved every minute of it.
4. Really hard choice. Would probably go with Umbreon or Quagsire
7. Phanphy team-wise, Teddiursa cuteness wise
8. Played through Soul Silver and currently doing a Randomizer Nuzlocke challenge on Heart Gold

Years
Wahey new members! This is awesome. Welcome to the club~

Imperator, you kept your Totodile unevolved until lv. 100?! Wow. How hard was it using Totodile from start to finish? Did you keep him on your team all the way through?

And I very much agree, Relativity. Every Johto Pokemon is just really amazing - it's the only generation where I adore pretty much all of the Pokemon. ♥

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back