• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Music Your Top Songs & Albums of 2018

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    I listened to "From The Fires" by Greta Van Fleet and "Gameshow" by Two Door Cinema Club quite a lot this year.

Years
    • Age 28
    • he/him
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    Picking songs stresses me out since I'm more of an album person...

20. Panic! at the Disco - Pray for the Wicked
    19. The Carters - Everything Is Love
    18. Seinbo Sey - I'm a Dream
    17. Little Mix - LM5
    16. Mariah Carey - Caution
    15. Christina Aguilera - Liberation
    14. MNEK - Language
    13. SOPHIE - Oil of Every Pearl's Un-Insides
    12. Mitski - Be the Cowboy
    11. - Forever Neverland

10. Capital Cities - Solarize
    The melodies and basslines that dot this album are so insane. It goes from chill to bops within minutes, definitely one I'd recommend checking out. Leaps and bounds ahead of their debut.​
    9. twenty one pilots - Trench
    Anyone who knows me well will know I hated their music for the longest time, Trench really took me completely off guard. I went through about 3 weeks of listening to nothing but this — it's very good, shows incredible songwriting and concepts off and is all round banger and banger. Can't wait to see them next year!!!​
    8. Ariana Grande - Sweetener
    Her best body of work. I know many people wanted another Dangerous Woman... that would've just been beyond boring. Pharrell is an incredible producer and it shows very well here.​
    7. Kylie Minogue - Golden
    Initially I wasn't expecting much from my favourite pop artist's galavant into the world of country, but when Aaron and I listened to Raining Glitter for the first time and collectively lost our wigs I knew it was gonna be a quality album. Country-pop twang really suits her, and yet again she's put on an incredible show.​
    6. Florence + the Machine - High as Hope
    Another extremely impressive album, more stripped back than her usual (reminds me of pre-Lungs in some parts) nevertheless it has all the charm and allure of her other work. Grace is one of her all time best songs.​
    5. Kimbra - Primal Heart
    The extra four month wait for this album was agonising, was meant to be released in the January... however it was very much worth the wait, and sonically is extremely littered pleasing electronic beats, with tender moments showered in there for good measure.​
    4. Kali Uchis - Isolation
    This album and the next are two albums I would've never expected to love so much, especially not top 5. Very much worth a listen for anyone who wants some accessible R&B.​
    3. Kacey Musgraves - Golden Hour
    Expectedly amazing. The songwriting and production is stunning. Not much of a country fan, but this album truly is something special. Slow Burn is the prettiest song of the year.​
    2. Robyn - Honey
    Robyn never ever disappoints, this is no different. Compared to Body Talk, this feels like an actual album of cohesive work. The minimalist 90s sound the entire album has is incredible.​
    1. Janelle Monaé - Dirty Computer
    This is the most important, relevant and impressive album of the year. That's all that needs to be said here.​

Years
  • Oh, fuck yeah. I'll be revisiting this, no doubts. And so I begin in an unspecific order, prone to revision but never deletion:

• Something Human - Muse: lustful vocals and an elevating beat make for a kind of break-out song, like you're walking out into the sunlight after being locked in Wobani for twelve years. More mellow than Muse's other works. Empowerment done with class.
    • The Dark Side - Muse: an 80's tint, but it's not a shallow indulgence into nostalgia. It's solid.
    • Healing Hands - Conrad Sewell: may subject listeners to a cringe or two, but a mood booster nonetheless.
    • Zombie Bastard - Weezer: a quirky song that has a place on the first-thing-in-the-morning playlist.
    • Moves - Olly Murs: certainly something to dance to while the tea brews.
    • Fuck A Silver Lining - Panic! at the Disco: something to dance to, certainly.
    • High Hopes - Panic! at the Disco: Ditto.
    • Old Fashioned - Panic! at the Disco: Lovely.
    • One of the Drunks - Panic! at the Disco: ... made me an alcoholic.
    • Connection - One Republic: a song of repetition, but not without merit. It's decent.

Back