• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fixes 870 patch

Epsilon

Shiny Scizor
Years
  • Hi you all!

So, a while ago Jonkane excited us with news of a patch which extends the number of pok?mon to 870, with all the current 721 pok?mon included.

Unfortunately, the alpha (which has since been removed) had a some bugs. The most severe being that Bill's PC crashed the game.

Now, I found a version of it on Whack a Hack which I have been fiddling around with. This version has the PC bug fixed and is shrunk down to 16mb again.

All the features are the same as the original alpha. All pok?mon names up to Diancie have been added. All Gen I-V sprites have been added, with some VI sprites included as well (all VI sprites are now available, so you can easily add them). Finally, all pok?mon up to Arceus have their correct move and statuses.

Warning: I noticed Musharna (number 518) is added all the way at the end. The maker must have forgotten to put in in, so the national dex numbers might be messed up. To fix this, simply rename all the pok?mon from the pok?mon at which the numbers started to get messed up (probably Munna), or use the PGE Pok?dex order editor. You have been warned, because it's better to fix it now, while the pok?mon data hasn't been added anyway.

All credits go to Jonkane. He hasn't been active on PC for a while, so I thought I would put this fixed version out there, so people can make awesome hacks with it.

The download includes G3HS with correct ini and advanced map with extended wild pokemon up to 870:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/hcaj0twcccubjm4/870 patch.rar?dl=0

Enjoy, and let me know if there are any bugs! (Ones which you can't fix by simply editing bugged pokemon in G3HS)

Ps. The girl in Pallet Town opens Bill's PC, and the fat guy in Pallet Town gives you the national dex, a lvl 99 Charmander and some master balls. Route 1 has just Turtwigs. This is all for testing purposes and is easily removed.

Credits also go to: Broly9990, MrDollSteak and laflacapkm (WaH)

curiters

Oblivious - prevents me from being afflicted by in
    Years
    • Seen Jan 17, 2017
    so this patch has mr.ds new moves ?

Malkner

Falkner in witness protection.
    Years
  • I haven't been able to get the INI working for G3HS. It only has info on [BPRE], [MrDS], [0000], and [0001].
    (excluding non firered versions)
    When I open G3HS, it says there's something wrong at offset 0xfffffe. The code written there spells "0002".

UPDATE: I punched the values from the [0000] set into the G3HS so it could find the tables automatically. It found the Pokémon and their types and sprites; but not their moves, stats, abilities, growth rates, egg groups, etc. Everyone after Hoenn has... I wanna say... Turtwig's Pokédex entry?

Last edited:

Epsilon

Shiny Scizor
    Years
  • I haven't been able to get the INI working for G3HS. It only has info on [BPRE], [MrDS], [0000], and [0001].
    (excluding non firered versions)
    When I open G3HS, it says there's something wrong at offset 0xfffffe. The code written there spells "0002".

Could you maybe try it with this ini?
    http://www.mediafire.com/view/l6md37gv5jai333/PokeRoms.ini
    If it gives the 0xfffffe offset error, just try 'yes'.

Also, I know this is a package is a bit messy. I'm working on a patch with a lot of fixes and hopefully all the 721 included with all their sprites and data.

And, with the National Dex, only the national list works for all pokémon, and it shows the amount of Kanto pokémon you've encountered. So, I turned the dex into this, to make it feel a bit more professional:
    v1routines.png

Do you guys think it's a good idea? I call it 'SimpleDex' :)

curiters

Oblivious - prevents me from being afflicted by in
    Years
    • Seen Jan 17, 2017
    Ps. The girl in Pallet Town opens Bill's PC, and the fat guy in Pallet Town gives you the national dex, a lvl 99 Charmander and some master balls. Route 1 has just Turtwigs. This is all for testing purposes and is easily removed.

epsilon i have question for this kind ps. i dont know how to delete that

Malkner

Falkner in witness protection.
    Years
  • Could you post a screenshot of the error?
    When I tried to replicate the error with the new INI, I could not find it.
    (i cannot remember if it ever popped up)
    (maybe i just meant the same result happened)
    Upon further investigation, I have base stat, EV, and ability data for all the Sinnoh Pokémon
    (which i didnt look for before)
    but not for the Unova or Kalos Pokémon.
    None of them have move data, and they all have Turtwig's Pokédex entry.

pokefreak890

The One that will make everything great
    Years
    • Seen May 18, 2023
    g3hs ini is not working for me ive changed MRDS to 0000 and nothing and also i cant play a new game it crashes and it dosent stop plz help!

Epsilon

Shiny Scizor
    Years
  • Okay, so Malkner, that's basically normal, as they have not been programmed yet. Pokefreak890, please patch a clean rom with the patch provided and copy the .ini I posted in post #6 to a GH3S folder. Then, if you do get an error, click yes. It should work.

By the way, I am working on adding all the data you guys, I already fixed the messed up order from Munna onwards.

pokefreak890

The One that will make everything great
    Years
    • Seen May 18, 2023
    nah i just had to download a diffrent fire red rom and also cant wait to see the rest of this completed keep up the good work

Micael Alighieri

Helix Boo / Lord Kaktus, ex-member from Whack a Ha
    Years
    • Seen May 24, 2017
    It starts raining everytime you enter a battle, is there a way to fix that?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2022
    I have heavily updated the original ROM and it is almost completely playable, only problem is the PC. It would be far far far easier for me to figure out what this patch does to the PC and do it myself. Can anyone help me figure this out? Believe me when I say that if you help me track down this PC thing, you will be helping me bring something incredible to the world.

I am thinking I need to find either the script or the hex code of the PC in this patch and compare it to the version I have, but how? Can anyone help?

Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2022
    I've compared the scripts and they're identical. I am trying to figure out what makes one game's PC different than the other's, and I guess it must lie somewhere in the Hex...
    I mean, where else could it really be?

Back