• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Greenlit: Lavender Town

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
  • I'd like to write a small article talking about the infamous Lavender Town. It wouldn't really have a distinct purpose per se like some of the other articles (e.g. 'How to battle with Froslass'), but it would talk about the town, relevant creepypastas and rumours that have spawned on the net from it etc. It will also incorporate member input from this thread.

Thoughts?

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I think talking about areas like a specific town or route, etc would make for interesting articles in general - could even be its own series. Lavender Town makes sense as a first article too, what with the RBY re-release and all.

Alternatively... two articles not far apart. Dragon has had interest in writing music articles, and I have that as well (and I imagine others may as well). And Lavender Town's theme is pretty darn memorable. Maybe there's enough in there to turn into an article by itself (from experience I bet there is - you can also talk about remixes at the same time too, canon and otherwise!), while the other article would cover the town, creepypastas, etc. Open to discussion on this though, but for a town there's a heck of a lot to say about Lavender.

I like using that thread as a basis as well. =) I feel it'd be neat to see if anyone figured out what place in Japan this may be based on too.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • My intent was to have this as a standalone article, but a series focusing on interesting places from week to week (probably a more practical schedule) would be fun!

In regards to Dragon's music article, I can ensure I don't dip too much into the music. Obviously, its music is a major part of what makes Lavender town so unique, but I won't delve too deep as to leave Dragon with no content if he wants to write about it.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today
    I like the idea of a series of articles just talking about the more famous places from the Pokemon games. Lavender Town is the best place to start, since it is the most-talked-about town, given all the creepypastas about it.

Your article and Dragon's article about the music can work in tandem. Like you can just mention as closing notes that if people are interested in the other article, they can check it out.

Plus anything that talks more about the real world basis of the Pokemon world is always a plus. That way, people can learn more about the country Pokemon is from. Or about another country, as in the case of Unova and Kalos.

So I do like this idea, and would like to see it turn into a series. Lavender is the best place to start, since R/B/Y's release is right around the corner.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today
    That's fine with me, and I'm sure that there wouldn't be any objections with that from anyone else.

Back