• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What is the most destructive move in all of pokemon history?

Years
  • V-Create.

Yes that 180 base damage!!!! If I play hackmons, I make sure to always use this on my hacked gen 5 roms.

Geomancy *And I'm back! : D
    Didn't know Geomancy did damage?

Explosion since it has the highest base power and it destroys the user.
    Yes, but it sucks that you die D=

Sheer cold actually
    This is true!!

I also like how its description of absolute zero theoretically may cause reality to collapse into nothingness O.o if reached!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay so just to be safe I am assuming in terms of the most destructive moves (if It actually hit) is

Sheer Cold>=Other OHKO>Explosion>Self-Destruct>V-create>Elemental Hyperbeams>=Eruption/WaterSpout>Dragon Ascent/Brave Bird etc.

I did some more research on the moves water spout and Eruption. It is better than the hyperbeams since there BP is 150 as well, but its only useful at full HP. None the less a very good move.

Thanks guys =D

Years
  • Yes that 180 base damage!!!! If I play hackmons, I make sure to always use this on my hacked gen 5 roms.

Didn't know Geomancy did damage?
    (Sigh) It causes a huge stat boost. Damage dealing isn't everything

Yes, but it sucks that you die D=

This is true!!

I also like how its description of absolute zero theoretically may cause reality to collapse into nothingness O.o if reached!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay so just to be safe I am assuming in terms of the most destructive moves (if It actually hit) is

Sheer Cold>=Other OHKO>Explosion>Self-Destruct>V-create>Elemental Hyperbeams>=Eruption/WaterSpout>Dragon Ascent/Brave Bird etc.

I did some more research on the moves water spout and Eruption. It is better than the hyperbeams since there BP is 150 as well, but its only useful at full HP. None the less a very good move.

Thanks guys =D

Thepowaofhax

Spectre
    Years
    • Seen May 29, 2017
    "A level 100 Shuckle can potentially deal the most damage in one single attack through the use of numerous stat boosters; by using Helping Hand by two different Pokémon in a Triple battle, holding a Metronome, Power Trick, a Skill Swap to Pure Power or Huge Power, 6 Attack boosts, and a Mimiced Me First used on a slower Pokémon using the Defense Curl/Rollout combo. Also, Shuckle's partner must have the ability Flower Gift and the weather must be sunny. On the 5th turn of using Rollout consecutively without any misses, if used against a level 1 Ledyba, Yanma or Combee with minimum Defense stats, that have been hit with negative Defense modifiers (such as Screech), it can deal 481,266,036 damage with a critical hit." -Bulbapedia

Where is your god now. Then again, a Stored Power could potentially do the same under similar circumstances (+6 in all stats) from Mewtwo Y. Shuckle just wrecks house, literally. This information is from 2011.

Years
  • "A level 100 Shuckle can potentially deal the most damage in one single attack through the use of numerous stat boosters; by using Helping Hand by two different Pokémon in a Triple battle, holding a Metronome, Power Trick, a Skill Swap to Pure Power or Huge Power, 6 Attack boosts, and a Mimiced Me First used on a slower Pokémon using the Defense Curl/Rollout combo. Also, Shuckle's partner must have the ability Flower Gift and the weather must be sunny. On the 5th turn of using Rollout consecutively without any misses, if used against a level 1 Ledyba, Yanma or Combee with minimum Defense stats, that have been hit with negative Defense modifiers (such as Screech), it can deal 481,266,036 damage with a critical hit." -Bulbapedia

Where is your god now. Then again, a Stored Power could potentially do the same under similar circumstances (+6 in all stats) from Mewtwo Y. Shuckle just wrecks house, literally. This information is from 2011.

Oh I knew about that but like I said it's a special case. Theoretically a Ohko move which hits a pokemon who had 500 million hp would beat that :v

Hehe thanks for the reply, I might try a Shuckle like that for the lols.

Years
  • Although explosion does highest damage, but I wonder if a pkmn with sturdy ability uses it? Although I haven't tried it but I think with focus band/sash the user can survive.

Sorry didn't see this post before! Even with that, explosion still faints the user.

I also noticed that even if i hack in a Pokemon with max integer value for health, ohko moves still drop them into nothingness. Not really much has changed from gen 1/2. The ohko moves have undefined damage values, so it is "infinite" in a sense. Its so befitting for moves like absolute zero and fissure :P

Years
  • Does Perish Song count?

All Pokemon on the field who hear the song will faint in 3 turns, opponents, allies, even the user itself can be destroyed. In a sense you could say the damage is infinite because any number of HP will be depleted to zero regardless.

This song cannot be stopped by the ability sturdy, holding a focus band/sash or using moves like protect/detect and substitute. Only soundproof Pokemon who can't hear the accursed siren song are safe.

Years
  • Does Perish Song count?

All Pokemon on the field who hear the song will faint in 3 turns, opponents, allies, even the user itself can be destroyed. In a sense you could say the damage is infinite because any number of HP will be depleted to zero regardless.

This song cannot be stopped by the ability sturdy, holding a focus band/sash or using moves like protect/detect and substitute. Only soundproof Pokemon who can't hear the accursed siren song are safe.

In that case yeah, as long as no one switches, its like future sight in a sense that it does damage after certain turns

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Shell Smash.

god ive been smashed by this hard in battles, so OP

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • <p>Any of the elemental Hyper Beam variants (Frenzy Plant, Blast Burn, Hydro Cannon) all seem ridiculously powerful given how they're described. A lot of the legendaries also have signature moves that sound absolutely overpowered as hell from their names and descriptions.</p>

Back