• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon - Liquid Crystal

Status
Not open for further replies.

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
Years
  • Might be best to just take bug reports for a few weeks until all major bugs are found and fixed and release a new version and start the process all over again.

yea. i just got a ps3 so im taking a little break lol

I agree plus you have been working so hard on all these beta fixes lately. You should take a break and do what he said ^

thanks. 2 years solid work lol

Well I'll be more than happy to do a run through to see if theres any bugs ^^ Just to clarify I'll be using Totodile so if any battles freeze it could be relevent to the starter or something.

On another note I love the remixes, Im humming along to them right now ^^ Judgeing by my progress i think in three days time i'll be at the pokemon league thanks to college etc. So that would mean I'll be slowly but surly be able to confirm any bugs in Johto.

Congrats also on the release LaZ. You deserve some form of break, so if I where you I would rest for a week or so after the bug tests have been done ^^

thanks. that will be helpful dude.

can anyone explain to me how to update with the ips because the ups updater is not working for me (yes, i'm using a clean fire red rom)

use LIPS to path to a clean fr rom

well im at the league on beta 2.0.but l agree the sandstorms are annoying,and perhaps the ashes should leave as well.lt seems that all hacks,pkmn are immune to status probs.i.e my pkmn's kept getting poisoned from poison sting all the time,same with paralysis.maybe the stats should be looked at!

as far as i know there is no such bug with poison sting or any other poison moves.

Here are the bugs & other stuff that I found (currently at Ecrueteak)

thanks dude this will help alot.

If you figure out how to insert day/night are you going to make it evolve like it does in the older ones?

i would love to but its very dificult to do that...

No clue why, but a bad egg showed up in my box for no apparent reason(I did not use cheats, and it did not even show up in the box next to another pokemon, it appeared way at the bottom :P) I just stuck it in my party cause I have a free slot for now and figure why not :P

yea that happend to me too for some reason. its no big deal but i have no idea what caues it.

there are 2 bad eggs in hacks i seem to find. one in box 1 and one in box 6 i think.

anyway just noticed that there are 2 pokeballs still left on elms desk after my rival stole one of them.

i still need to do my own pokemon choosing scripts...

Hey do the slide panels at the ruins of Alph work? Or did I just mess up when trying to do the puzzle?

they do work becuase ive been playing them :D

Link I just want to point out that this is awsome,but I lost to Lance,and prof.elm called me over to battle Brandon.When he sent out Camrupt the game tends to freeze...

EDIT:I used a trainer editer to lower Brandon's pkmn count to 1,heh...heh...heh

You know that sucks,that there isn't a way to change the 8 badges to 16,because I just got my first Kanto badge!

ah yea. i need to fix those freezing battles somehow... and losing to lance...

So, I was looking through the trainers on the front page and I was wondering: What up with the names? Like, I really couldn't see someone being named like, Killbeast and Raqib12. Sure, I understand that it's probably your username or something, but... I dunno, it's just doesn't seem right to me.

Oh well, what can I do? But so far, I haven't been having any problem with Beta 2.1 yet.

i aggree witht hat but tbh it makes them stand out from over trainers i think. maybe its a good thing.

Link I hope you've seen all the bugs and helpful things I have posted in this thread!

yea. great help. the rate bugs are posted this will be bug free and nintendo like :D

great hack, i love it. but it seems that every time poison sting hits, it poisons you, it's happened about 6 times now, every time i was poisoned on the first hit. but other than that it is an amazing hack, keep up the good work.

not for me when i tested...

I doubt that that's a glitch. Poison and most other status effects are based on percents, so its entirely possible, however unlikely, that every single attack with a chance of poisoning could inflict it.

could be the pecernt has been overitten maybe.

its great to see that you have a new patch out LOZ. Im looking foward to play it.

thanks.

i just noticed something at the goldenrod game corner when you go to prizes it says more instead of cancel and if you click on more it closes the window.

yea i know about that. thats due to the berry tree scripts.

Little Bug: I chose Totodile (Started again), and look what my rival has in Cherrygrove.

se87k3.png

Not too major, just pointing it out :P

i never noticed that dude :(. thanks though

My trainer request got accepted :D. For some reason that makes me extremely happy! :p

xD. they all get accepted if they are reasonalbe ones.

I'm really enjoying this hack, thank you for spending so much time making it awesome!

thanks dude.

does LaZ pm you back saying its been accepted?

yes i do. with: "accepted ;p (and then comments if any)"

Hey, very nice work on the hack

Crash bug:

When asked if i want to have my geodude learn magnitude and accepting, the game froze on the black screen :(

Awesome otherwise ;)

EDIT: Game crashes whenever learn a new move this is on No$gba

that is strange. i havent encountered that myself. could be NO$GBA or a bad ROM maybe.

Thank you for making this hack, Link. I just got my first badge, and I'm curious, can I find Mareep south of Violet City like in G/S/C? If not, where can I find it?

well mereep isnt in Crystal version i dont think but i will be adding in the missing pokemon in SECRET locations so people can complete the pokedex if they want to.

hey, for any and all who use gameshark codes with the VBA for this hack (im not encouraging it, i did it to see and make sure theres a way for people to bypass known code glitches) especially the all ball code, where the TM case seems to suddenly glitch and then glitch everything else, i might have found a way to bypass this glitch (works for me anyways) (again LaZ, not encouraging the use of gameshark codes, just trying to be friendly to any who do), when you activate the code and you've got the balls (make sure they are there first) reset the VBA without saving (don't exit it then activate another VBA window, reset it, thats important) and, if yours is like mine, the balls will still be there (as you never got rid of the codes), but the TM case glitch wil be gone and working fine again, at this time, i think its safe to save.

now, as for my review of Liquid Crystal beta 2.1 :P : this is an awesome advance, many of the tile changes are great, however i have also noticed, as someone else has (yea....... i went back and red :P) that any pokemon who are in the kanto pokedex seem to not have any information on it, but, its not like that REALLY is gonna effect your gameplay (the day i see someone on there bed crying like madmen because they can't get in depth info on kanto pokemon is the day pigs that aren't of the pokemon variety fly). also i must say that the weather system has been fixed to an extent, so its more normal, not changing right away everytime you leave a building, i still think there should be an option to turn weather off though, i haven't been hit with any poison stings so i cannot varify the status effect glitch people are talking about (im not very far however, just beat sprout tower, will update on anything i see) i do though hope that the pokeball in dragons den, over in blackthorne glitch has been fixed. i like the water this time around, don't know why but it gives me a happy feeling, LaZ, keep up the good work (however, as others have said, take some time off and relax, you deserve it) now, if you'll exuse me, i gotta put some enemy trainders through an embarrassing defeat

later

Jaitsu

wow thanks for this. your right i dont encourage GS codes on LC as it causes unfixable bugs which people then report and i get confused as i dont ave them LOL. perhaps if people say if they used GS or not then bugs are located easier.

thanks for the review btw. :P

Here are some bugs to report.
    Teh Panda Gets teh bugs

ERROR1-1.png

Connection error on right.

ERROR2-1.png

A new innovational doorstop (happens after I lost a battle to the gym leader)

ERROR3.png

Tree error, :O, no trunk.

ERROR4.png

Map need to be one more lengthened so you dont see the border on right

ERROR5.png

Where am I now?

More to come after I play more

thanks dude.

I got a PM back from him and also I'm posted on the front page. I've been inserted :D. It also has people who've been accepted but haven't been inserted, people who still need to be reviewed, and people declined.

yep. :D lol

I think the weather is great but it is still glitchy and it has to be fixed (the option to turn it on/off its great only if you can turn it on again) and it has to be more realistic like: where it is sand it is more likely to have a sandstorm and in the mountains it is more ikely to rain and it is missing hail, sunny day and mist.

well thw weather is more of a placeholder until we get day.night in. its a shame the weatehr glitches though...

i went to mt silver adn met MrG, H,R but i can't see Red???

you have to do the elite 4 second round before he shows up. i should of made that clearer.

mt. silver isnt on the world map

i know.will be fixed eventually.

Well...
    Nothing much to say except about: Beyond Perfection!
    I really really really really like the Kabuto puzzle - slide panels. How did you do that?
    And, Zane's OW is a bit... Well... Weird. O.o
    Well, good luck!

Also, do you maybe know the Pokemon that learn Cut and live in Ilex Forest?

thanksdude. well zanes OW might be redone then but not sure.

Most hacks have some issues with No$gba. I suggest switching to VBA.

Oddish lives in Ilex Forest, and it can learn Cut.

Now I have a question of my own:
    I have in-game traded my Bellsprout for an Onyx (Violet City). I trained it to level 33 thus far. Will it eveolve by happiness OR is there a certain level? If it is a certain level, then what is the level?

its a certain level. but i saw in one of your vids that you found that out :P.

hmm, I cannot get past Brendan because he has his camerupt use amnesia, and after the second one, the game freezes when my pokemon executes its action on the following turn every time

also, my rival's party in the underground had some really mixed up moves(thundershock on feraligator, string shot on golbat, etc) and what is up with the chimecos that team bolt(or whatever their name is) has not having any moves so using struggle from being sent out?

Edit: nevermind, the camerupt glitch is not that limitable even, it just randomly freezes, but sometimes I can get in more moves before it does than others, so I guess I just gotta hope I can down it before it freezes then *strarts praying to the critical gods*

Edit 2: hmm, downed it, not sure if it was cause it was I got lucky with that crit and just did it before it froze, or if the fact that I turned off the battle scene in the battle to see if it fixed it gave me a work around, either way, here's hoping the rest of his team does not cause a similar thing and/or I do not run out of items and end up losing :P

Edit 3:
    Spoiler:

damn freezing battles. they really are annoying :@. this is the one bug i cant fully fix...

the game is great, but, i found a lot minor bugs (especially grammar,spell and some graphics).
    If all these were fixed then the game would be like an original remake!
    Laz, i hope you wait until all the bugs are listed and then you release an update to fix what you can!

EDIT: A major bug appeared! I was playing the red gyarados and whenever i talk to him, the screen gets black, although the sound continues...
    Note: I saved in front of him, and the first time I encounter him, everything was right!
    Did anyone else had the same problem?

ive heard about this and it didnt happen when i was testing. i'll fix it for the next beta :P

I talked to the guy with glasses - in the room where the Rockets have to tell you the password - and the game froze!

damn. that scientist there i know.

Yeah, I had the same (the scientist near the Rocket Girl with the password right?) "bug". His dialoge never ends >_<

LaZ, will it be possible to get the "Extremespeed Dratini" in the next beta? In the original Crystal, you could either get the Dratini which you get in your beta 2.1 or a special Dratini which knows Extremespeed (depending how you anwsered the questions).

ZOMG, My Rocky (steelix) and Typhlosion are Lv50 o.o Steelix & Typhlosion (with thunderpunch) > Team Static

EDIT: Another "evolution" bug in the spoiler
    Spoiler:

And Bruno of the E4 has a Lv48 Machop instead of an Machamp??

the extremespeed dratini will be available :P. and that chikorita i know about now. all those starters dont evolve...

Does the pokegear work and its just rare to get a rematch or does it only work on some trainers? so far i haven't had it work at all. its not a big deal, its just that ill stop trying if it doesn't work ha ha.

it works on some strainers but not all.

The only I know so far it consistently works on are the ones north of goldenrod, and, wow, I forgot to mention the rocket scientist of maroon death(when the game freezes, the screen also turns maroon :P) oh, and one of the crashes on that quagsire(Who I eventually just went back and healed and went through quickly with grass instead to down it before it crashed me, gave me some popup message about bad bios or something, I really shoulda written it down, it is odd though cause my bios have been fine otherwise, so I think somehow that crashes it, but it may give a hint as to the origin

Edit: hmm, the game corner in celadon has cities I can purchase :P(literally, the list has violet city, cheerygrove city, etc, listed) I know it is a glitch, but I am gonna scrounge for cash for coins and gamble if needed and see what happens if I buy one to see exactly what it does

Edit 2: ahh, it is just a display thing, it is really an item for each, so the glitch is just in the list, they tell you what it is before you buy it, so you can tell that way

yea i know about that static bug and the buying citys lool.

are graveler and kadabra and machoke evolve by simple levelling up?

i think so yes.

Err...I'm stuck in Union Cave.

I picked up the pokedoll, and for some reason...

by the time I got to the kid, I don't have it anymore...

thats odd. lol. really odd...

LaZ, I was testing that ROM u sent me and I was in Olivine and stepped behind that bush near the gym and the rival appeared. I think it's a resetting flag (I should know, I've had enough of those ¬_¬) I think the same goes for Zane in the Orange Islands :\

i see. hmm. i'll look into it :P

I can't believe this is so great. A crystal remake, I like the music remixes. This is better than ShinyGold.

thanks dude.

graveler evolves at level 45
    I am afraid, kadabra does not evolve. It's already 51 and it didn't!

kadabra i tink is at 60 :P

hmm, for some reason, the chikorita the guy gave me did not show up in my pokedex
    well, I'll try to fudge it then *stuffs chikorita and ditto in daycare*

yes thats becuase its on of the 25 free pokemon and they dont have a pokedex entry.

About the poison sting bug, I was just stinged and didn't get poisoned so it's not a bug.

Edit: Don't know if you know of this one yet but the last guy you battle in the sprout tower, after you win against him he repeats what he says from the start of the battle.

ah. thats good to hear. and theat guy in sprout tower will be fixed.

well, got the egg to get laid anyway, will have to hatch it later, right now I am having a blast exploring the simply enormous and legendary filled(so far I have found articuno and kyogre(who I am working on catching ATM) and there is still a LOT of cave left to explore

Edit: just caught groudon down here too, this cave is awesome, it also seems to span all of johto, and, given how one far end is on the other side of a ledge, possibly even Kanto, too

it does. its a huge cave :P

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGROMGOMGOM

Yay! I can play through it now, hopefully...

[/is slow]

(I've been away for a couple days, so I haven't been able to check on the thread.)

EDIT: Found a glitch already. This one was present in the OTHER Beta 2 patch, but I figured it'd be fixed. Guess not.

liquidcrystal02.png

For those that can't see it, the rock has a screwed up bottom. A small bug, but graphical glitches like this one always seem to tick me off.

thanks for that.

I'm really impressed with this hack. I normally just read a few posts then download, but I just had to sign up and post to say just how amazing this is.

As for bugs, I only found a few glitches. One is the guy who sells you a Slowpoketail for $1,000,000. If you talk to him on the left side, then continue on, he'll repeat himself, except he won't even be facing you while he's talking to you. Another one is with Apricorns, or should I say "WHT APRICORIES". I literally burst into laughter when I saw that pop up. Maybe a control code issue or something? IDK. Not a big problem at all and doesn't detract from the game.

EDIT: Through playing some more of the game. I have a little suggestion. In LG/FR, whenever the player faces twins, it goes into a double battle. I think that whenever the player has to face twins (Ex: Amy and May in the Azalea Town gym) it should be a double battle. I'm not sure if any other battles (or if there are any in general) that are double battles yet, but I think that would be a nice addition.

Keep up the good work.

ah yes. about the double battles. if you dont have more than 2 pokemon it still goes into a double battle and causes glitches.

Trainer infomation

*What is your trainers Name? Miki
    *What is your trainer Class? Psychic or Gym leader Either works.
    Which in-battle sprite should your trainer have? Psychic (F)
    Items: 3 Full Restore, 1 Hyper potion

Pokemon Infomation

*How many Pokemon does your trainer have (max 6)? 6
    (Repeat this next section for the number of pokemon you have)

Pokemon
    {
    Slot 1: { Metagross - No Item
    Psychic
    Meteor Mash
    Earthquake
    Brick Break
    }
    Slot 2: { Claydol – TwistedSpoon
    Hyper Beam
    Psychic
    Ice Beam
    Earthquake
    }
    Slot 3:{ Starmie – Mystic Water
    Surf
    Thunderbolt
    Ice Beam
    Psychic
    }
    Slot 4: { Alakazam – No Item
    Psychic
    Shadow Ball
    Calm Mind
    Recover
    }
    Slot 5: { Espeon – TwistedSpoon
    Psychic
    Shadow Ball
    Hidden Power (If possible HP Fire)
    Calm Mind
    }
    Slot 6: { Gardevoir – Leftovers
    Thunderbolt
    Psychic
    Shadow Ball
    Destiny Bond
    }
    }

Location Infomation

*Which region will your trainer be in? Kanto
    *Which town/route should your trainer be in? Saffron City
    *What position whould your trainer be at? In the gym… >.< sorry not too sure

Trainer Text

*What does your trainer say before the battle? "Have you developed your mind well enough to defeat my psyicic predictions?"
    *What does your trainer say when beaten? "You foresaw the outcome before we even started?"
    *What does your trainer say when talking to after the battle? "The powers of telepathy are only as strong as the will of the mind."
    What does your trainer say when talking to after using the VS SEEKER? "I've been meditating since my defeat. Let me test my new found power."

trainer requests in a pm please. i know my box was filled up at one point but its not now so please send if you havent already :P. ( i havent gone through my pms yet)

Wow this is really good and not just cause i like crystal well actully yeah thats probably why but i bet it'll turn out really good!!

thanks.

In the Team Static dungeon, (basement of dragon's den) At the very bottom of the map there is a surfable pond that is walk-on-able, except for the center that you have to surf across. There also a few minor tile misplacements, but they're ok...

Excellent hack, I can't wait to see the next beta/final!

oh yes i know about that lol. thanks

Hahaha, the Articuno sprite doesn't want to dissapear XD
    So now I can capture an army of Articuno's, mhuahauhauhauaha

EDIT:
    Legendaries captured: Groudon, Latias, Suicune, Zapdos, Articuno (x2), Lugia, Kyogre, Rayquaza (You can walk trough the pillars where Rayquaza is).

Still need help at Mt Silver >_<

great work. i didnt know of the articuno :|

Uhmm.. i just want to report a---minor?---bug..
    sometimes..when im using the bicycle...the speed is just like the speed when you are walking..^___^ but still..this was the greatest hack i've ever played so far..
    TWO THUMBS UP..

and also im gona submit my trainer request..sometime this week..thanks..^__^
    GO GO GO LIqUID CRYSTAL^__^

-->DRAGON TRAINER KEBB^__^

oh yes i heard about that. its a map header bug.

This looks absolutely amazing. I should really get a flashcart, burn it for play on my DS, I lost my original Crystal some time ago, and besides, the clock would be dead by now anyways.

thanks dude. i havent tried is on a flash card yet :P

Has anyone train kadabra.
    My kadabra is already level 51, and it didn't evolve.
    Do you know anything about it?

yea. level 60 i think.

I haven't trained (captured) an abra yet...
    But since both Eevee and Chicorita (from Tohjo Falls) won't evolve, I assume that Kadabra might also be an evolution bugged pokemon.... Unless it is a "happiness" evolution.

EDIT:
    I got cheated by Mr Pokemon. I gave him the "Red Scales", but I didn't get an EXP Share >_>

Edit2:
    Yay, finally captured Kyogre AND Rayquaza ^_^.
    Now to find the 2 doggies, Moltres, The Regis and Latios! (Have to do something until someone tells me what to do at Mt Silver)

Edit3:
    Lati@s cave has a glitch. I captured Latios (captured Latias during Team Static event) and after capturing it, Latias's sprite took it's place. So now I have 2x Latias and 1x Latios :P

Edit4: Added another word document with every bug/graphical error I found.

moltres and the regis are not catchable in this beta :P

kadabra evolves by trading..i think..^___^

nope as no trades can happen atm.

In normal games yes, but in hacks suh as these another way was done.
    My Onyx evolved into Steelix without trading.

I think it is one of the horrible "evolution" bugs.

nope its just me forgetting to set it lool.

lol dun think so. My kadabra never evolved even at lvl 55 in beta 1..neither did my seadra..maybe we need LaZ or someone else to confirm this

yea i confermed it it further up.

YAY, I finally found out how to battle RED!!!

You must do the Elite 4 Round 2 after beating the Kanto gyms, lol.

yay. i should of made that more clearer.

When i went to the cinabaar island, i met blue, and he left, by saying that i can battle him.
    I finish with rocket and static by disbanding them, but blue didn't go back to the gym. I don't even know where he is!
    By the way, does the cinabaar island has a gym leader?
    Where is it?

Cinnabar gym is in the Seafoam Islands...

hmm. blue should of gone back actully. and thats where the gym is yes :D

After beating Blaine, Fly to Viridian. He should be there.

TIP: You can already get many legendaries now
    Spoiler:

Found Starters (with the elemental "starter" hyperbeams -> Blast Burn etc)
    Spoiler:

I will remove the above spoilers if LaZ wants to......

EDIT:
    Here is my final bug report LaZ (although I still have to capture Raikou to get to Ho-Oh....)

thanks very much for the bug report. it will seriously help beta 3 :D. thanks for the locations (i knew someone would post them eventlually...)

I figured out why chikorita does not evolve, none of the starters actually register in the pokedex when given, lemme finish hatching my egg and I will update on the outcome

edit: nope, unfortunately, while it does breed a chikorita, it is not added into the pokedex

yea becuase they dont have a dex entry becuase of the promotinal moves :P

Hi! I defeated Red and all. I'm having problems with going to the orange islands. In Vermillion, when I go to the ship I arrive at Olivine. Help with this please...

you sail from vermillion when it is raining lightly.

well l think u can dive in this game.the path to the east of new bark in the water u go south and than the water looks different,it says u can dive,so that may be the way to the orange islands

yes you can dive but thats not the way to the orange islands lol.

LaZ has explained it wrong in the game (I also noted it in my bug report above).
    Spoiler:

well for you you just sail from vermillion in light rain.

Spoiler:

No, seriously, Link (or someone else), where can I find Red?
    There are just old man in Mt. Silver...
    Thanks for answering... :D

do the elite four round 2 :P then look for him xD

hmm, I need help(and the forum ate my post last time I tried to post this :P) the gym in the orange islands is empty, and I am stuck there because when I try to go back, the sailor just tells me the ship will leave soon, what do I do?

you have to go to the mart on the second town. then get the gs ball from ivys lab. then go back to olivine (i think) in normal weather.

Does anyone know where an Electric type like Mareep can be found?

not mareep as its not in yet lol.

Hey guys! Hopefully I'll be in this game :)

Lake of Rage I think for Mareep

At least I remember it that way

i dont rememebr it that way lol but maybe...

Found another little bug. The pokemon beside the lady that gives you the sweet scent TM is a pidgey sprite but the text says "Butterfree: Freeh!" when you talk to it. This is after you get through Ilex forest at the gate/rest house thing.

Edit: Also it says "Sprout Tower: Ilex Forest" on the map where Ilex Forest is and on the route above that one.

thanks for that. i knew it i just didnt have enough OWs to add butterfree lol

Yo, dude, just decided to drop bye and see how old link was doing. I've been outta the scene for a while, so I was checking in on you and LC. Hope everything is going good.
    Always, Jesse.

thanks. everything is good atm xD. thanks for stopping by.

I dunno if this is meant to happen or not, but I lost to Lance on my first time round in the Elite 4 but still got a call from the guy telling me to come to vs Brandon and give me a SS ticket.

Also the Team Static building in Saffron is ridiculously frustrating, as most warps, go one place but then don't warp back to the same place.?

yea that places is a maze lol.

i finished beta 2.1
    nice hack.
    i hope the next beta is final version

xd it might be. thinking about the next version being the final :P

My game crashed when i was in the burnt tower..i fell down and the legendaries were there..but the second i get up the stairs the game crashes...

anyone else get this?

strange. i didnt get that...

for the legendaries, i cannot find raqyaza and gyorge.. I am interested in raqyaza if someone knows how to get it.
    It's a bit annoying the fact that at Cerulean, at the house of bill's grandparent, rare tms come accross very often, like blizzard and earthquake.
    Also, extra attention must be given to the coin case prizes. Maybe some additions are needed. In Kanto, the prizes have a minor bug. Where it says what you can earn, it writes johto cities!

i'll increase the rarity of the items.

I got the gs ball from proff. Ivy, but I cannot return.
    The sailor says that the fast ship will sail soon again.
    By the way, the first gym is empty, and as i understand there is some gang event as well (at least I don't think Laz included them just close your way)

EDIT: Just needed to fight all trainers (I missed one!)

EDIT: It seems that the main story of beta 2 comes to an end after you get the first badge at the orange islands. For now, I will focus on side events, like the legendaries I missed and report whatever bugs I find!
    Just another question... How can I take print screens from the game (using vba). I saw from the controls that with F12, you can take print screens. I used it, but it only saves 4 photos. Can I increase the space for this screens?

the beta ends after you fight the first gym leader of the orange islands.

Hey guys! I'm a bit late, but impressed, I'm so so happy,. you can't imagine how, the hack is... a dream, my dream.... thanks guys :)

lol thanks for the suport.

Nintendo is full of retards for not remaking gsc I mean really with this hacks popularity just think of what their sales would be. A lot. Plus the Pokemon fans who don't know about PC thats some major money right there! Well anyway beta 2 is great I have found nothing wrong with it yet

great. (there is quite a lot wrong woth it though lool)

Kyogre & Rayquaza locations
    HM's needed: Dive, Surf, Rock Smash
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVyQnJR8Cb8

Seems that putting it in the youtube tags doesn't work in this topic.

thats cool. thanks dude.

dirk123 thanks for all!
    Your posts are very helpful!
    It's nice that someone else also finds it interesting.
    I saw your "bug" file you uploaded. I didn't have time to go through all the points though...
    I hope Laz reads it!
    Kadabra is surely a bug evolution, as it was level 59 before I took him out of my party...

EDIT: I caught both of them, but it seems there is no way of escaping!
    The place in which I used dive to go to dragons den, does not take my back to the place I was. I try to use dive and it does not react. Also, I used escape ropes and it took me back to another place of dragons den... Finally the way to get out was not by diving, but the normal dragons den path that you have to took after you beat clair.

Requests for next beta:
    A house with someone that knows our pokemon's old move.
    Fix of eevee and kadabra (I don't know for anybody else)
    Use fly at Olivine
    Be able to fly to pallet town
    Make Tms (flamethrower, thunderbolt, ice beam, thunder, fire blast, earthquake, blizzard) available but at a high prize. (e.g. $50000 each)

What I like:
    The story. Generally, grystal' s generation was my favourite one. It is not a coincidence that both liquid crystal and shiny gold are my favourite hacks. Based on the story, I also like the additions. Clearly, they made the game better.
    The legendaries - it's good to have a variety of legends in your game!
    Trainer requests - Changed the mood and made us feel more involved, so we loved the game better.
    The rebattle for the gym leaders and the pokemon league.
    The orange islands - which I hope they will be expanded in the near future.
    The rivals - although during the disbanding of the two teams, I felt like the scene was very childish (oh son/father!)
    The variety of pokemon which make your party covering all aspects.

What I would like:
    To see a well informed .doc which explains all the evolution changes and similarities.
    To include the trading/battling (I remember there was a bug when there were stairs in poke centers)
    To create a correct pokedex
    To solve all minor bugs, so the game will gain an originality and give evidence for proffesionalism

I understand that some of my points are not easily solved, but I am just putting my ideas down, like giving feedback on the hack.
    In general terms, it was the most long hack rom I played, which didn't make you loose your interesting.
    Good luck guys, I hope you all the best! (now that it is the hack of the month)

Question: Why does Red disappears once you beat him?
    I think, he used to stay there in the original crystal!

thanks for all the requests and things you like lol. most of them will be in/fixed so no worries.

Trainer infomation

Name: Brandon M.
    Class: Ace Trainer
    Sprite: Cool Trainer
    2 Hyper Potions, 2 Full Heals

Pokemon Infomation

No. Pokemon: 6
    Pokemon: Ninetales, Umbreon, Megniam, Raichu, Dragonite, Alakazam
    Moves: Ninetales: (Fire Blast, Confuse Ray, Will-o-Wisp, Tail Whip) Umbreon: (Night Shade, Theif, Sand Attack, Quick attack) Megniam: (Mega Drain, Razor Leaf, Headbutt, Earthquake) Raichu: (Thunder Wave, Thunder, Agility, Quick Attack) Dragonite: (Blizzard, Hyper Beam, Rock Throw, Mega Punch) Alakazam: (Psychic, Meditate, Kensis, Hypnosis)
    Items for PKMN: Nintales: (Citrus Berry) Umbreon: (Black Glasses) Megniam: (Miracle Seed) Raichu: (Lum Berry) Dragonite: (Dragon Scale)

Location Infomation

Region: Kanto
    Town/Route: Route 28
    Position: By the sign that lead to victory road...
    Coordinates: I dunno...

Other Trainer infomation

Weather: It doesn't matter
    Event: After you beat the elite 4
    Disappear or Not: I don't disappear

Trainer Text

Start of Battle: Look out! I'm a legend of Johto! You can't possibly take me out! Come on!
    When Beaten: Oh...this cant possibly be! I was beaten? Ugh....
    After Battle: I have to train more! I will defeat you and you will be crushed! But good job anyways dude.
    VS SEEKER: I've trained my pokemon. Its time I beat you to your greatest demise! COME ON!

traienr requests in a pm now that ive cleared the box lool please.

well l came across a bug,when l fought sabrina the music went off than when l took out her 2nd pkmn the gym's music came on.l know its not a big deal but it felt strange

ah yes i heard about this. it will be an easy fix.

I already reported it in my Bug Report on the previous page ;)
    But it's good to see that other people report bugs.

it is. i'll complie a huge list soon and fix them all.

he doesn't need to add a move rememberer, because he made the machine that does that. when you first see Bill he says he just fixed it.

yeo thats true actully. in every pokecenter after that event.

found a bug.

when battleing the twins and the person above them on the way from goldenrod to ecruteak on a bike, when the battle is over with, it still shows you person on a bike, but it's walking speed, get on the bike again and then it returns to bike speed.

edit, on top of that, the game froze when i fell through the hole after battling my rival in the burnt tower...

ah right. hmm. that bug i have heard of before bug cant find the cause of it...

wooow how long does it take to walk to rayquaza iam walking like 5min now

xD.

I found a bug too, when I talk to Claire next to dragon´s den my game freezes.

:O. i never knew about that.

New remixes for beta 2.2 or whatever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjIs2FM9JV0

Better Sprout Tower.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6VnUZN5ptk

Better Olivine Lighthouse.

sounds great :P

I believe you have to catch groudon and kyogre first, because I tried first after I got kyogre but before groudon and it went on forever, and I know it would have kept going because it took me a LOT less time to walk back down the steps, indicating that it was not as far as it seems, but rather loops infinitely until you have both caught, however, mind you, it is still a really long way up the stairs(and then up the top once you get up there) even after, but I am pretty sure you could climb forever and never reach rayquaza before getting both of the others

yep its true. you actully only need the scent of kyorge and groudon (be in battle with them) to be able to get rayquazza :P

linkandzelda

Years
  • I love this Hack :D
    Can't wait till Beta 3

thanks dude :P

new bug: When facing your rival before the elite 4 and he brings out kadabra the game freezes.
    ***edit***
    nevermind this bug, if you use vbalink then this will happen, regular vba works fine.

thats odd becuase i test this complelty on vbalink. infact i havent used the normal vba fro maybe 3 years lool.

Hey, it's me again =P
    Well, I finally finished the game, somehow the sailor asked me to go to the orange islands, the rest, you must play it...
    It's the longest hack I have ever played, and I think it's the longst out of all, and it's only in the 2nd beta. Congratz on that.

Now, I have a few problems:
    1)I can't find a thunderstone and my pikachu is getting worse and my team is getting better, and Pikachu doesn't want to stay on the PC, don't you think Pikachu?

2)I managed to capture Suicune (main staryline), Raikou and Entei (LV. 39 gyarados with lot of speed, plus repel...). I went to the burned tower and there are not stairs to go up, is there something I miss or it isn't in the beta yet?

the stone guys are located throughout johto ans kanto. they are hissen and there is one for every stne. i even forgot there ocations lool but they are all pokemaniac/super nerd OWs.

you have to go to celadon city i think and speak to eusine and then he will go back to the tin itower and the evrtn will start. this is one of the parts i haventy tested though...

Glad to see I'm not the only one that noticed that. I thought it was really corny how you know who had to say "son" at the end of every sentence. It was like alright I get the twist.

lol @ that event. it was kind of a joke to put it and and thought it would change the feel complelty. i couldnt think of a better event to dissband them both. i'll probably make that event different though as it kind of dosnt make sense.

I think you can find the evolution stones inside Ecruteak City where the Eeveelutions are (The Kimono Girls)/where you get Surf. It's from a guy by the stairs to them on the right.

that was in beta 1.1 only. i removed him :P

for me the game freezes when i walk up to suicune raikou and entei in the burned tower below

odd. i never got that...

Trainer infomation

Name? Bhonjo
    Class? Ace Trainer
    Sprite? ace trainer
    Item? 2 max potions and 2 full heals

Pokemon Infomation

No. Of pokemon ? 5
    *Which Pokemon? Charizard, Jolteon, Lapras, Hypno, Crobat
    What moves does it know? Charizard (Flamethrower, earthquake, fire blast, belly drum) jolteon (thuderbolt, thunder, Agility, HP ice) Lapras (Surf, Ice Beam, Psychic, Thunderbolt) Hypno (Calm Mind, Psychic, ice punch, fire punch) Crobat ( shadow ball, arial ace, sludge bomb, mean look)
    What item does it carry? anything you want...

Location Infomation

*Which region will your trainer be in? Kanto
    *Which town/route should your trainer be in? Victory Road
    *What position whould your trainer be at? inside the cave
    If known, what are Cordinates your trainer should be at? i dunno...

Other Trainer infomation

If any, In Which Weather do you want to Appear? plain
    Should your trainer appear after/before a current event? after you beaten the elite 4
    Does your trainer dissapear after the battle? i don't disappear

Trainer Text

*What does your trainer say before the battle? So you're the Pokemon Champion, It's time I test your skills...
    *What does your trainer say when beaten? Ugh.. your really strong...
    *What does your trainer say when talking to after the battle?Your Strong but next time we meet I'll be stronger....
    What does your trainer say when talking to after using the VS SEEKER? I pokemons are stronger now...

in a pm now please as the box is open again.

This is a truly awesome hack. I love the idea of trainer requests thing. I PM'd you a few days ago with mine and you haven't even put me in the "To Reveiw" section. Did you get my PM?

yes i did but i have been away and couldt do it. soz. they will be done at some point though.

just curious about the trainer requests, while the levels have to match the area, do the stages of evolution? cause it is always kinda fun to face pokemon way evolved for that stage in the game, the level 8 crobat I got for instance(caught one of the level 7 golbats in union cave and maxed its happiness, then kept it as level 8 once it evolved cause super low level crobat is awesome

i dont really mind tbh. as long as they are the right level:P

I think no, because at the beginning there is a requested trainer (I think he is!), who has charmader and some other starters.

For the wild, it's not good to find evolved pokemon so quickly (like golbat).
    How could you maximized his hapiness in just one level?

i aggree on the wild.

I have a question. Is it possible to get elekid from the ODD EGG from the daycare? I've been trying for ages and all I've had is Pichu, Tyrogue, Cleffa and Igglybuff.

EDIT: ARGH CRAP! I accidentally saved when I had the egg, so now I'm stuck with Igglybuff... >.>

yes it is. its a random chance to get any baby pokemon. i have got and elekid though.

spent about an hour and a half running back and forth at 4x speed :P

rofl. enjoyed that? lol

I don't have Raikou (yet), but you have to be in the Tin Tower (where you fought suicune) and not in the burnt tower.

yes.

Minor Bug/s;

Left new Bark Town, got into a few fights and lost, left my house after been healed andmy rival next to the Lab had gone, the Pokémon he would have stole was still in the Lab, he'd just vanished :p

Any particular reason why New Bark has Sandstorm's ?
    Maybe the women who gives you Sandstorm next too New bark town is practising the technique :P

thats odd lol. and everywhere has sandstorms unfortunaitly.

thnx i got him i just cought groudon and went straight to rayquaza
    are there any other legendarys exept the dogs and the regis
    because i got only one masterball.
    and one little question whats the perfect nature for a pokemon??

there are more. keep looking EVERYWHERE lol.

I Hope see you add Real time (Day/Night) in game
    and change sprite Dr.ELM and GYM Leader in Overworld Sprite and Fight Sprite
    and ETC (Brother sister Day)

I like Pokemon Liquid Crystal

i hope for real time too.

All the legendaries are catchable, except mew, mewtwo and ho-oh I think...
    I found two more minor bugs.
    The first one, is at the berry house (between mahogany and ecruteak). After I won all the trainers in all categories, I went to the old man's house and he gave me several berries.
    The next time I try to enter the competition (after I left the building), my game freezed. It happened many times, and now I am not able to go there. I forgot to mention, that when I won the trainers, the next time I could go to the old man without battling which is another bug I think. I also did it several times to earn berries that I didn't deserve!
    The second one is at the "old" Bill's house, where his grandpa lives (at Cerulean). I used to visit him to play the Tm finding game. But, after I got Lugia (i don't know if there something to do with it) whenever I try to enter the room where the event takes place, my character is transferred to another place and i cannot move (sort of freezes the game)...

Edit: Will liquid crystal become a sticky thread for this month?
    I don't know why, but my signature does not appear..

that does seem odd that after catching lugia you cant do it anymore... i'll check it out lol.

Ok thank you, but do you have any clue of where to get the stones? Because I really need a thunder stone...

there is one in viole, the olivine lighthouse, cerulean, lavender mart and theres more but i cant rememebr lol

I'm just wondering, but how come the Johto gym leaders don't have their proper sprites? Haven't they been added in yet?

theres not enough OW space for them atm :( wil be soon.

Here is my "rough" walkthrough.
    It is not 100% accurate, because it is mostly done from my memory.

Walkthrough contents:
    - Children of the Week Locations
    - ALL Johto and Kanto starter locations, no Hoenn starters yet
    - Walkthrough till end of the beta
    - Legendary pokemon location list

@Bernardo: Sorry, I only know the Sunstone and Waterstone seller locations.
    Sunstones: Olivine Lighthouse
    Waterstones: At Bill's Kanto house

hey thats great :D. one day i'll write a really detailed walkthrough with images :P

It's weird because I managed to face latios but afterwards I get random text and the trainer start running on the spot without stopping.
    Edit: Aww man, even with the newest gba emulator for psp I still can not pass it. I even restarted from my last save point and it still happened. The only thing that works is using escape rope but I`m afraid it will cause more glitches and I want to catch latios. I`ll post screenshots after my next post.

thats odd.

One more legendary:
    Spoiler:

yep :D

Here are some of the screenshots. If anyone knows a solution please tell me.

In Ruins of Alph where is the Clear Bell?

go through union cave.

img397.imageshack.us/img397/3450/snap048.png
    img391.imageshack.us/img391/2684/snap047.png

I'm not misinforming you, it's really there. This was in Beta 1.1 however, I don't see why LaZ would've taken them out in 2.1 (I'm not that far in 2.1, so sorry if I'm wrong.)

i remoced him as i thought it was too easy to obtain stones like that xD

I know some will probably be mad that I say this, but you should REALLY up the price of the tm finder minigame, probably significantly, I mean, more or less any tm sells for around 1000, so, you are basically guarenteed to at the minimum pay for itself, as it is rare not to get any, and often you can get quite a lot

yea i know. i either increase the rarity or the price of the game :P

After I finish the beta (reached the 1st gym at orange islands), some things don't act normally (although at the past they were okay)
    1st Report:
    At Cerulean, do you remember the old Bill's house?
    Now, it is the Tm finding event. But, for some reason I cannot anymore play it. I pay the grandpa his $2000, but when I enter the back door I am redirected somewhere else (see the screenshot). At that point, my game sort of freezes, as I cannot move and I have to reset...

2nd Report:
    At viridian city (blue's gym city) there is a famous house where you enter and play a trainer. This only happens once per day. For some reason, when I beat him, I am not tranferred back to the top (where the lady is). As a result, I am trapped there and I have to reset...

Another thing there that seems peculiar is the following:

I haven't talk to her, but I was able to walk in the room...

3rd Report:
    The berry crashing game (between Mahogany and Ecruteak) doesn't function properly. This occured after I beat all the trainers in all categories. (Use 1 pokemon, then 2, then 3, and finally 4)
    Shouldn't the trainers be update every time I get it??
    Anyway, this didn't happen. As a result, I could go to the old man's house and get a packet of berries without fighting anyone!
    But, the next day, whenever I tried to speak to the man, in order to allow me to enter, the game freezes and I have to reset...

And look at this:

Without talking him, I could skip him and walk up to there. Doesn't that seems similar with the second screenshot at the 70's batlles which I report above?

The first 3 happened after I finish the story. Let's see some other bugs(in my opinion) that come in the game during the journey...

4th Report:
    What about Red? Is it just once?
    I think, every time you win the league, you must have the opportunity to have a battle with him (like in ordinary gold/silver/crystal)

5th Report:
    The rematch of the pokemon league is a very nice idea. I always have fun giving rematches, especially when it is challenging! Two things that I would like to report are after you beat the elite four + Lance. Firstly, when I he takes me to the "elite" room (I don't remember now, its real name), as soon as I enter I get this message:

What is this? Clearly, it is what Lance says before I battle him! (the 2nd time I went to the pokemon league)
    Finally, when I put my pokemon to rest to that machine, look how it is presented:

Shouldn't the pokemon been placed in that slot?

6th Report:
    The maps are very nicely portrayed. However, there are some flying spots that are unavailable.
    Johto Map:
    Cianwood Islands and the city next to new bark are unavailable. (I will put a screenshot)

Kanto Map:

Here, Pallet Town and Cinabaar island are unavailable...

The game is excellent. If it wasn't, I wouldn't waste my time giving feedback. It has potential to become the best pokemon game (including the originals!) I played!
    Keep it up, then and well done for what you did.
    I am looking for the pokemon centre's stairs in the next release! It would be awesome if you could add it!
    Good luck!

ps. I think you've understood that it is my favourite hack!

thanks for all this it will be taken into consideration :P

dear linkandzelda when you finish making beta 3 .please make an other beta in which you dont have to move the panels in the ruins alph because iam just a kid who is 12 years old please i really enjoyed the hack alot iam asking you this because iam bad in solving puzzles and iam stuck in the part in which i have to find the clear bell

xD. the puzzles are easy to solve. just keep trying :D

This hack is great Linkandzelda, it was delayed for a while but it was worth the wait. best hack ever!!!!

thanks dude.

Congratulations on winning April Hack of the Month!
    Your thread is going to be stickied for a month.
    hotmaprilm.png

WOOT!!!! HoTM :D:D:D. I'll add this to the first post :P

I Found Bug in Secret Rocket HQ in town GYM 7 (Ice GYM Leader)
    I Talk Scientist in 2BF (Find Password open Door)
    is game is error code and go to PSP Menu

oh yes i know that thanks lol.

@Spikeron & uchiha sasuke: all those bugs (except the berry tower) were already in my bug report 2-3 pages back.

Also to other players, I suggest NOT playing it on you PSP. Just play it with VBA on your PC. And yes, the scientist in the Mahogany base was already in my bug report.

Edit: Copy+pasted my bug report for the lazy people:
    • Elm still has 2 pokeballs on the table, even though 1 was stolen.
    • Kid outside of New Bark doesn't teach you to capture a pokemon.
    • Tuscany (child of week kid who gives you silk scarf) walks away while you talk to her
    • You see a green line through the "GBA" when trading Bellsprout for Onyx.
    • Kabuto puzzle only releases the "N" unown.
    • Message at scientist in Kabuto puzzle room doesn't appear
    • Route 32 pokecenter. Bug catcher sprite gives old rod.
    • Can walk trough rock in Union cave, see picture
    • Route 44, no Cop like the original.
    • Map says "Sprout Tower" just above route 44
    • Whitney's Miltank doesn't know the annoying Rollout anymore?
    • Infinite uses of the barber bothers in the underground
    • National Park: Water reflection on normal tiles around the fountain
    • If you go from route 36 to route 33, the cut bush is gone. But it is there when you go from route 33 to route 36 (path near National Park)
    • Rival has weird pokemon moves in Goldenrod Underground
    • You see yourself partially through the roof when swimming behind the Blackthorn gym
    • E4 Bruno has a Machop instead of a Machamp
    • Game freezes near the end of the end credits (luckly that the game let's you continue because of the auto save).
    • Brandon's Camerupt freezes your game if you can't kill it within 1 turn.
    • Chicorita gotten from the man in Tohjo Falls doesn't evolve
    • Eevee doesn't evolve in Espeon/Umbreon (not even with happiness)
    • (No Suicune animations at National Park and route between Ecrueteak-Mohaganny like in the original Crystal)
    • Can't fly to Cianwood
    • Lv50 Typhlosion can't learn the ultimate move at Cianwood? (Blast Burn)
    • Final basement floor of Silph Co has a Static Admins without a names, just "Static Admin" o.o
    • Static Admin with Quagsire in Silp Co sometimes restarts the game
    • People in Silph talk about Team Aqua instead of Team Static
    • Some trainers give $0
    • Gym Leader music stops when Sabrina sends out her first pokemon
    • After beating first pokemon, you hear the normal inside gym music
    • You can walk into the posters of Celedon Game Corner
    • Left Game Corner prize girl sells Johto cities!!
    • Hiker near Safari Zone says nothing
    • Far most left bushes at Fuschia mart can be walked on
    • Again nameless Static Admins (This time in Kanto Radio Tower)
    • Looks like 1 static member is a bit on a table in Radio Tower
    • Zane not standing correctly at Nugget Bridge
    • Route 2 inside the house, man is on the table
    • Silver in Mt Moon acts as if he isn't the leader of Team Rocket, yet….
    • Can't fly to Cinnaber Island and Pallet Town
    • At most locations you can stand on parts of water
    • If you go from light blue to dark water and accidently go to walking mode (near Cinnaber), you will be stuck at the "Dive" spot, unless you have Fly 
    • Lati@s cave gave me 2x Latias. I captured Latias in Stone Temple. Captured Latios in Route 19 cave. After capturing Latios, his sprite turned into Latios, so I can get 2 of the same!
    • Articuno can be fought multiple times
    • You can walk trough the pillars of Dragon's Den where Rayquaza is.
    • Pryce re-match -> When he summons Poliswine, the game freezes
    • Mr Pokemon says he gives me the EXP Share, but no EXP Share appeared in my bag
    • Nerd in Dark Cave gives me black glasses, but no black glasses appear in my bag
    • Egg that you receive at Blackthorn City doesn't seem to hatch…
    • After beating Lance in E4 round 2, you go through the door. Black screen and Lance does his "he is being challenged sentence" again. Press any button and you will continue to the Hall of Fame.
    • End Credits don't freeze after E4 round 2 (makes me wonder why the R1 credits did freeze…)
    • Red has the same overworld sprite as your character
    • End Credits after red freezes once again…..
    • You have to go from Olivine to vermillion under the right weather condition so that the sailor gives you the option to go to Valencia. (Oak said going direct to Vermillion).
    • 1st Trainer in Meadow Gym has a very low level Politoed
    • Left house above Olivine Lighthouse has Rocket music
    • Most people/trainers walk trough solid objects (most noticeable at Orange Islands)
    • No special music for Entei/Raikou (Original Crystal had special music for them. Unless someone still has to make a remixed version of it :P )

thanks for this. i should add this too the first page under a "bugs" header.

you must be kidding!
    Other hack roms don't even give release dates out!
    Other hack roms are prepared for years and they do not even have betas in!

Liquid Crystal cope with a major unecceptable bug in just 2 days!
    Better have in mind the circumstances...

thanks and yea :P

For some reason, VBA GX won't run this most recent version of Pokemon Liquid Crystal. I can't for the life of me establish why...

vba GX is a beta emulator or something fro wii? (forrect if im wrong)

update: that took ages to anwswer all that... ¬_¬. theres more i have to answer though lol. i'll edit my posts to include the ones after these.

link

linkandzelda

Years
  • rom size isnt a problem. its the OW slots on the table. repointing it dosnt work ingame. its a problem but i will fix it somehow.

i'll reply to the other posts soon but its too much for me now lol. theres like another 200 ¬_¬

link

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2010
    congrats on HotM...

i hope you got my pm...

i would also like to say that i found a few Type-Os...

you deserve a break... but i can't wait for next version (especially if my trainer is accepted and inserted *smile*)

monkeyboi

Pokemon hack/game player
    Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2013
    hey link wondering if you got my pm on my trainer.

also the part of blue not showing up, if you talk to the old man near the gym blue should show up, he did for me at least and i was using Ups format.

PikachuMan

Pikachu Fanatic
    Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2014
    Uh, Link...

Serebii.net said:
    In The Games Department
    New Game Announcement

Earlier today, in the Pokémon Sunday variety show and it's website, it was announced that, during their episode next week, they shall reveal a world-exclusive bit of news. Their website states this will be done within the Game Area of their show so it is more than likely a brand new game. There is much speculation as to what the game is, with the general consensus being a Gold/Silver remake which does match up with some new figures of Chikorita, Cyndaquil & Totodile being released in Japan on September 19th 2009, but nothing is confirmed yet, so if you see other sites reporting it as a specific game, remember it is not confirmed that it is that game. CoroCoro is also due out soon after that so that should also contain information on the game announcement. We'll bring you more on this as it happens so keep your eyes here

If this comes true, that means all this hack will've been done for nothing D:

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 4, 2024
    Uh, Link...

If this comes true, that means all this hack will've been done for nothing D:

Wrong. Each hacker makes a hack that is unique. This will have different things than what Nintendo will make, and also probably all Pokemon included, unlike Nintendo. Even if it is true, this isn't for nothing.

dirk123

Organization XIII
    Years
  • New (more detailed) Walkthrough update:
    Currently at Goldenod City 1st Visit. I will continue tomorrow. Very tired now ;)

linkandzelda

Years
  • nintendo are not making a crystal remake though are they :P. there making a gold and silver remake. this is not gonna be for nothing as its a hack on the gba not an offical game on gba or on ds. get me?

link

Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2010
    I just found a game-ending glitch (and only afterward I realized that I hadn't saved in a while.) This may have been posted as I haven't been keeping up with this entire thread, but I'll post it anyway just to be safe.

In the Team Rocket Hideout in the shop in Mahogany town, one of the scientists (the second one, I think. On the second floor down not counting the regular shop.) when spoken to will spout an unending stream of "qAF" and never stop. People have gotten past this part so you obviously don't need to talk to him, but be warned and just stay away from the guy. I'll post a screenshot as soon as I can.

Switchblade

Steel Master.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2009
    When fighting your Rival, just before the Elite Four, at the end of the Cave, as soon as he puts out kadabra the game locks up. I cannot get past this unless i find the FireRed gameshark code that makes opponents only use their first pokemon, otherwise i'm screwed. This happened in beta 1.1 aswell.

Years
  • Hey LaZ i was wondering if you got my pm on my trainer ace trainer matt? you know with the whole Skrzypczyk lawlz thing. well if you just decided to not read it cuz you said one request per person it had to do with my title ace trainer, so many people were using it that it just makes me feel like my character is just another guy in the game so i was wondering if you or anyone in the thread could help me come up with a unique title before the trainer name? thanks

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    yo! this hack won in the HotM? Awesome! :D
    Congratulations, though~
    This hack deserves to win and the makers deserve the award for all their hard work with this hack project~ ;)

continue the great work and enjoy your life thread being stickied. :P

Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2013
    Hey guys, I caught rayquaza and I have no idea on how to get out of
    Spoiler:

HELP PLZ!

Ps.: Very well done hack! Congrats!

Hey guys, I caught rayquaza and I have no idea on how to get out of
    Spoiler:

HELP PLZ!

Ps.: Very well done hack! Congrats!
    Pfff... People have trouble with this, but its onlt the eye...

I'll explain, the place is dark and the exit cave is dark too so it can't be seen if you not pay a little atenttion.
    Anyway, you just jump of that thinghy and goo straight to the left and the cave is there.

~Undefined~

Aspiring Pokémon Master...
    Years
  • Is the TM for Thunderbolt available? Or is there a tutor like in Crystal?

EDIT: also where's the move deleter?

EDIT 2: i've found something weird. You know the
    Spoiler:
    and
    Spoiler:
    with
    Spoiler:
    and
    Spoiler:
    that you get from the old men? (im assuming theres a
    Spoiler:
    with ummm the move i cant remember, but you know what im talking about) well the two pokemon i have have unowns cry for some reason. i assume the
    Spoiler:
    does aswell but i dont have it yet

Last edited:

kebengau

i didn't kill the chikorita:D
    Years
  • uhm..i found some minor bugs..like
    --water spot that you could walk..
    --and some houses that you could use the bike inside(i dont know if its intentionally made like that..)
    --and sometimes the bike speed is like the walking speed..

still playin the game..
    it was very very nice..^____^

i hope the next release would be tha full version..^___^
    KEEP up..
    TWO THUMBS UP..and congratulations..

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back