• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Isanity Diamond - Hard, harder, this patch.

Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2014

edit: updated to 1.1, made some bugfixes

ROM: Pokemon Diamond (US)
    Author: Yuritale
    Language: English.
    Version: 1.1

Intro:

Ever wondered why Gym leader are so weak?
    Why the Elite Four have level 60 Pokemon?
    Why nobody ever uses a legendary?
    Why are wild pokemon so infernal weak and low level?
    Why does it take hours sometimes to get in a battle?

The answer to all these questions is the same: Because these games are far too easy. This patch provides a challange you will never forget.
    That is, if you are good enough to beat it.

Features:
    Catch-all-in-one. Simple, catch all 493 Pokemon
    Many Pokemon had their typing changed.
    Legendaries are shiny by default. ( This is only true in terms of the color. It isn't a true shiny but looks like one )
    Many Movesets were changed.
    Changed Overworld as well as Trainer and Battle sprites.
    Over 90% of all Trainer have been edited.
    Isanity Hard mode. You will notice what this is when you play. Be prepared to RAGE.

Here is a screen of the remade sprites. Left to right: Rival, Male Hero, Female Hero

Download Link for patch
    Megaupload: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=335S01KT
    Mediafire: http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=af4c032fc010ee6fd2db6fb9a8902bda

If someone has sparetime, I need a gifted spriter for the overworld sprites. I dont want to simply change fishing / biking sprites into walking / standing ones, but spriting a fishing pole / a bike on a character is beyond me.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2014
    this is a patch that updates trainers, wild pokemon, pokemon in general and other things. you can play through the entire game like normal just under different circumstances.

Updated with regards to RVT

Last edited by a moderator:

Zamith

The well-known trainer (not)
    Years
  • Well.. i don't know.... just for the record... nobody ever uses a legendary because they are LEGENDARY. There is only one of each.. and if someone's got'em, then the events we go through to get'em wouldn't possibly exist, isn't it?

Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2014
    And who says the trainer that got them didn't get them like we could get them multiple times? Trading?
    Personally I think, if we, the player have the chance to attain any pokemon countless times, even Legendaries, it would be stupid to prohibit the trainer, the NPC, from actually doing the same.
    But to lessen the discussion, only the E4 use some of the Legendaries and only if it fits their Type, so you don't need to worry about countless Legendaries popping up in normal battles.

KevinSephiroth

Captain of the undead army
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2021
    This patch provides a challange you will never forget.
    That is, if you are good enough to beat it.
    I don't think late gym leaders end game with pokemons level 70 to 80s and Elite 4+Champ all at LV100 is a good idea though. The point is to have fun, no to waste several ridiculous hundreds hours in lv grinding...

Features:
    Catch-all-in-one. Simple, catch all 493 Pokemon
    Well we saw Bloody Diamond. As this hack implies you too used Wild Pokémon Editor DS (WPEDS) ... Good...

Many Pokemon had their typing changed.
    Legendaries are shiny by default. ( This is only true in terms of the color. It isn't a true shiny but looks like one )
    Except the idea of palette swaped legendaries . What's the point in changing them into shiny palette ? If they aren't ones. Let them the color they used to be in.

Many Movesets were changed.
    Can you be more precise please? I don't have a Charizard learning Hydro Beam at LV 75 for exemple.

Changed Overworld as well as Trainer and Battle sprites.
    Well I highly dislike the new male hero. Is there any new palette for male rival? or only female rival?

Over 90% of all Trainer have been edited.
    Again, with some bit of patience you will get to it. If you add 20 to 40 LV to trainers you need to adjust their pokemons movesets . Just need patience using Project Pokemon's Trainer Editor... I've done my own diamond rom with bloody diamond wild encounters/leaders/elite 4 and adjusted trainers pokemons at my taste... Everybody can do it.

Isanity Hard mode. You will notice what this is when you play. Be prepared to RAGE.
    Well I just looked at the data in the patched rom and noticed that the levels are insanely absurdly high pitched and didn't try to play it. Completely useless IMO. You should adjust the levels, let gym leaders at max LV 60-70 and elite 4 at lv 70-85 ... If you just adjust wild pokemons at levels progressively say, first routes at lv 5-9-11-14-18... and first trainers lv 11-13-15.. just more progressive.

If you could change champ sprite into say an ash ketshup trainer ala Red of pokemon gold,silver,crystal... or something new.

balkj06

Pokemon Kanto
    Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2015
    can you please, put the hack out in ips! then I will be quicker to download

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
    Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    I keep on getting an error when I try to patch it, it says: Failed! Input checksum is invalid.

Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2014
    I don't think late gym leaders end game with pokemons level 70 to 80s and Elite 4+Champ all at LV100 is a good idea though. The point is to have fun, no to waste several ridiculous hundreds hours in lv grinding...

But the point of his hack is exactly that you can't just level-grind to one-shot or two-shot Gym Leaders and the Elite four and the Champ. It is also not made so that you farm the pokemon league. This is a stray from the usual pokemon games and clearly made so that it's different. It's not called absurdly hard for nothing. If I had intended to create yet another funny but easy hack, I would've done a ruby or firered hack.

Well we saw Bloody Diamond. As this hack implies you too used Wild Pokémon Editor DS (WPEDS) ... Good...

And you, sir, edit the pokemon per hand? Sorry if this may sound arogant, but why not use tools we have at hand? Did I claim any special credit for editing the wild pokemon? I don't think so. I just saw that a catch all was popular so I did it to spice things up.

Except the idea of palette swaped legendaries . What's the point in changing them into shiny palette ? If they aren't ones. Let them the color they used to be in.

There is no, known to me, stat difference between shiny and usual ones. Most people won't bother waiting for a legendary, since they're really rare. This way, they at least get to see them in a different color. Also, if I may remind you, there is a limit to everything. Making custom palettes and colors would be something that clearly exceeds the limit of work to usefulness. That are details one can put into it when they are done with everything else.

Can you be more precise please? I don't have a Charizard learning Hydro Beam at LV 75 for exemple.

The movesets are not unreasonable like that. Giving detailed information on every changed move-set would fill pages. Do you want to read through pages of
    "Changed: Charizard, level 38 Flamethrower -> Level 50 Overheat" ?
    I personally wouldn't, and I don't think many people would. I did pay attention what I changed around.

Well I highly dislike the new male hero. Is there any new palette for male rival? or only female rival?

Well, I planned to make eventual versions with original sprites, partly changed sprites and completely changed sprites, so that problem would be fixed in feature. Also, the rival in the original game was purely male, all the time, in every game, and I was sick of it, so I made the rival female. As soon as we can edit text more freely, I will change the dialogues accordingly.

Again, with some bit of patience you will get to it. If you add 20 to 40 LV to trainers you need to adjust their pokemons movesets . Just need patience using Project Pokemon's Trainer Editor... I've done my own diamond rom with bloody diamond wild encounters/leaders/elite 4 and adjusted trainers pokemons at my taste... Everybody can do it.

That was on my to-do list when I lost patience. I'm not used to doing much detail work like that, so I put a imcomplete version up. There are versions and patches for games for a reason, I daresay. Also, even if everyone can do it, there is still effort involved, and I think it is rude to stomp on that effort by saying that everybody can do it like it doesn't account for anything.

Well I just looked at the data in the patched rom and noticed that the levels are insanely absurdly high pitched and didn't try to play it. Completely useless IMO. You should adjust the levels, let gym leaders at max LV 60-70 and elite 4 at lv 70-85 ... If you just adjust wild pokemons at levels progressively say, first routes at lv 5-9-11-14-18... and first trainers lv 11-13-15.. just more progressive.

The levels are that high for a reason. I explained in the first couple of lines why, and I won't lower it. It's a very hard mode patch, not a "enjoy a different region with lots and lots of weak trainers and stuff." patch, like many other hacks are. I think you came looking for the wrong thing here.

If you could change champ sprite into say an ash ketshup trainer ala Red of pokemon gold,silver,crystal... or something new.

Right now I can say I'm limited to already existing sprites from Platinum and Diamond/Pearl. Importing older sprites or making completley new ones is hard for someone that never worked in spriting before, and I probably won't get into it. I suck really badly at art, which is probably the reason you dislike the overworld sprites.

Kaylee Krysteenah Fynch

is rarely here
    Years
  • Hi. I just wanted to ask if you gave the player a way to train their pokemon? But I guess some people like to try stuff that seems impossible. Myself, I like just enough challenge to keep me from getting bored, but not quite enough to make me frustrated. ^^ Because believe me, if I lose too much, I'll just drop the game and go away. Better to find something I can actually make progress on.

But I'm not trying to sound mean. I'm just voicing my own personal opinion on the matter. I completely understand that being hard is the point of the game. I am a little curious how many people would want to play though!

Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2014
    Well wild pokemon are generally a few level below that of the trainers, thorough the game. For Gym Leaders, they're a good deal higher than wild pokemon so you NEED some tactics and some leveling up.
    I had no problem getting my starter glacia ( Ice evo of eevee ) to around level 35 before I fought the first gym leader. Unlike the normal game, you can't just go in, beat the crap out of the gym leaders, and leave with a badge.
    you have to fight for your badge.
    But I dare-say the leveling up isn't even as tedious as in the normal game. Towards the end of the game, you have wild pokemon in the 90+ range to train, and even before the first gym leader, you have various locations to train. It took me less than two hours to get my Glacia to level 40, but that was only leveling one pokemon.

Back