• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Genesis

Thrace

@tion
Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2016
    when are you gonna change the main trainer sprite?
    I've done it now.

Trapinch also does more damage per attack. Also, after you beat Jim I wandered into an area where the pokemon trainers were Level 28. Neddless to say even with my Vibrava (who I was very surprised and very grateful evolved at Lv.18) and Pidgeotto I got owned. Anyway, I think you are doing a great job. I played the Beta for 2 or so hours and loved it.
    Well it evolves at lvl24 now so... yeah. All the trainer levels have been adjusted so that shouldn't happen.

Quiet, I'm indexing them, and I'm lowering rep.

Well for some beta testing, sometimes you have to cheat just to find the glitches,
    Trapinch
    Pros:

• Stronger
    • more HP
    • Has no Weak Attacks
    • turns into a vibrava then flygon
    • Dragon + Ground
    • Looks really cool
    • Becomes really powerful later on
    Cons
    • Easy to kill
    • Slow
    • has to go to level 24 to evolve
    I <3 Flygon. :P

Not all my beta testers have finished, but I was looking through it before and I've decided that I am confident enough to release the second beta. It goes up to Palerose Town. You must start again (don't use an old save). So yeah, go get it from the first post.

kthxbai

Kinuchio

A Panda PoKeMoN Trainer
    Years
  • Promising looking stuffz, here.

I really wanna see your bgs. I'm a fan of the bgs some hackers create.

wildarms001

Random Supporter
    Years
    • Seen May 15, 2013
    wow beta 2 is out now :D ill try it now so in beta 2 theres many d/p pokes in grass?

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2009
    I haven't been playing the new beta too long, but so far it is great. I noticed you changed Route 1 and added more to each town. Also, thank you dumbbing down the trainer levels. So far this has been a great hack.

Thrace

@tion
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2016
    Promising looking stuffz, here.

I really wanna see your bgs. I'm a fan of the bgs some hackers create.
    My bgs? I don't know what you mean, sorry.

wow beta 2 is out now :D ill try it now so in beta 2 theres many d/p pokes in grass?
    No D/P Pokemon and you won't be able to find any in the grass anyway. You can only get D/P Pokemon by evolving or by an event.

dshayabusa, why'ed you release it..? I was still beta testing D:!
    Yeah its just I felt confident that I could release it since there were no major bugs. Also I wouldn't be able to work on it much this week, so I thought I might as well.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • Wowserinos!!!!
    Oh...The mansion?
    Eh?
    Hmm...I'm probably just stupid...I forgot the mansion!!!

And Beta 2 is awesome! I haven't started it but I sure will!
    I hope that lvl 7 in the gym doesn't exist anymore!

wildarms001

Random Supporter
    Years
    • Seen May 15, 2013
    ahh i see :D well im happy the beta 2 is released and you still working hard in this one great job :D looking forward for its completion :D

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • Hey, dshay. Do you put the cave doors in the inside as walkable?
    Because I was running through and I went ONTO the cave mouth...
    Well, I was able to get off...but...It was weird.

Ok, you should up trainer levels a bit.
    It's weird having trainers whose Pokemon are no stronger than the wild ones.

Last edited:

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    alright, even though its out already, i found something else minor.
    in granite city, when i fight my rival, he doesn't have trapinch or vibrava.
    in fact, he has the same pokemon as me.
    is that an accident, or did you make it so it he doesn't have the rival pokemon?
    And i've been skimming through the pages and wondered why no one likes the starter pokemon.
    I think its a genius decision, but the type triangle doesn't work because electric can't effect ground.
    this is a great game dshayabusa and its incredibly hard(FF4 DS hard)which is good becuase i don't want to skim through the game with a level 25 flaffy.Back on topic, this is an incredibly good game dshayabusa, and i hope you never give up on it! but for some reason, the shiny duskull is preset now, where as it wasn't before. again, did you make it preset or was it completely random?
    i'll try to find more normal glitches, bugs,etc. later once i beat granite city gym.
    but i think you should make a guide or get someone to make it for you because i didn't even know where to go. Maybe i can help with the guide?

Thrace

@tion
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2016
    Hey, dshay. Do you put the cave doors in the inside as walkable?
    Because I was running through and I went ONTO the cave mouth...
    Well, I was able to get off...but...It was weird.

Ok, you should up trainer levels a bit.
    It's weird having trainers whose Pokemon are no stronger than the wild ones.
    Yeah, I actually have no idea why that happens, its a really strange bug. I don't know if I can increase trainer levels for the first route because then you would constantly have to get healed by your mom.

alright, even though its out already, i found something else minor.
    in granite city, when i fight my rival, he doesn't have trapinch or vibrava.
    in fact, he has the same pokemon as me.
    is that an accident, or did you make it so it he doesn't have the rival pokemon?
    And i've been skimming through the pages and wondered why no one likes the starter pokemon.
    I think its a genius decision, but the type triangle doesn't work because electric can't effect ground.
    this is a great game dshayabusa and its incredibly hard(FF4 DS hard)which is good becuase i don't want to skim through the game with a level 25 flaffy.Back on topic, this is an incredibly good game dshayabusa, and i hope you never give up on it! but for some reason, the shiny duskull is preset now, where as it wasn't before. again, did you make it preset or was it completely random?
    i'll try to find more normal glitches, bugs,etc. later once i beat granite city gym.
    but i think you should make a guide or get someone to make it for you because i didn't even know where to go. Maybe i can help with the guide?
    Yeah the problem with rival is really annoying. Its because of my first Pokemon script. I used flags instead of a variable to show which Pokemon you have. I don't really want to edit that script so I'll have to edit the Rival one. Its not overly complicated just a bunch of comparing flags.

The Duskull is supposed to be shiny, if you talk to the man, whose daughter you saved (now in the Route below Latim) he will give you an explanation.

Yeah, I was thinking about making a guide for this. Especially since there are so many things people haven't found out about in my game...
    They're not hidden amazingly or anything but for some reason people just haven't...

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    The Duskull is supposed to be shiny, if you talk to the man, whose daughter you saved (now in the Route below Latim) he will give you an explanation.

Yeah, I was thinking about making a guide for this. Especially since there are so many things people haven't found out about in my game...
    They're not hidden amazingly or anything but for some reason people just haven't...
    So i'm guessing its preset because of the extensive research done in the latim catacombs that made duskull always the same?
    and i found some more previously.
    i skipped the 3rd gym leader and went to the granite city building(where "Rick" works) and cleared the event as usual, but when i wanted to get my revenge on pam, i finished her and when i was about to leave, "Rick" acted suspicious even though he told me what was going on. also, the frostpen and granite city houses glitched up upon entering or leaving the city.and... the person who gives you surf keeps giving you surf.

And a guide would be awesome if someone made it. I'm sure everyone wants to know where to get charmander and the fossils.One more question though...where do you revive the fossils?I have nothing left to say except Best of luck dshayabusa!

Last edited:

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • Wowsers, yes!
    You really need to make a guide!

PS. Are the National Library trainers meant to be that strong? I'm about 10 levels lower than all of them!

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jul 17, 2013
    Looks good so far. I just downloaded the new beta and am going to try it out now. I'll let you know of any bugs/glitches I find along the way. Here's one I've found: Pick any pokemon, and then when it asks if you want to give it a nickname, say "yes". Then cancel out of that screen, and the game will freeze. Nothing too major, just thought you should know about it. Anyway, I look forward to trying it out and I'll let you know of anything else I find.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • Dshayabusa, I found you slightly lazy...xD
    I found a few tile errors...Oh, in that first cave (is it Mt. Berous?), there's a border and tile error thingo...
    Can't be screwed uploading any pics...so yah.

Oh, there's a ton of movement problems in the National Library...xD

Back