• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Simple Questions (PLEASE USE THE SEARCH BUTTON BEFORE ASKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LORDENGLISH

HOMESTUCK GOD
Years
  • Does anybody know where I can get a complete tutorial on how the F I'm supposed to use shinyzer? I can't figure it out.

Tried searching for "shinyzer tutorial", found anything but.

C me

Creator of Pokemon League Of Legends
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2021
    A shinyzer tutorial is the first result I get on a search engine. There are videos too.

Renegade

Time for real life...
    Years
  • I'm having an irritating problem with the running shoes.
    Once I activate flag 0x82F in a script, the running shoes are supposed to activate. I did this and they did not activate. I inserted the same script into an unmodified ROM and tested it out, and the running shoes DID activate. Why are the things not working on my modified ROM but they are working on the "raw" ROM?

Terff

the unimportant
    Years
  • Does anyone happen to know the offset for the whole champion event for leaf green? I can't seem to find it.

Also along with this question, I would also like to ask what the special is for the hall of fame entry and credits roll

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Having some issues with Movement Permissions in AdvanceMap - I think I may be using them wrong. I'll post my movement permissions and map below for reference...

The map...

The movement permissions...

As far as my knowledge goes I thought movement permission 3C meant it was passable above and below - but when passing underneath bridges, the blocks would cover the player. Instead, the player can just walk right through the bridge.

At first I thought maybe it's a movement permission left over from R/S/E, and not suitable for use in FR, or maybe it needs some kind of special block behaviour byte?

Would be super grateful if someone could shed any light on this, thanks for reading! =)

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2018
    So I was doing the finishing touches to my fire red hack and I ran into my final problem. I made a room in the professors lab that has a pokemon trainer. I used the Swimmer Mymo from Outcast Island as the base. I can battle him and everything seems good yet he disappears after the elite four. I cant find a fix :(

~Justified~

~Working On A New Rom Hack~
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2015
    Still waiting for an answer.
    Step 1 - Open Your Rom in Advanced Map
    Step 2 - Go to Pallet Town's Map and Enable the Viewing of Events
    Step 3 - Select the three script events at the top, decompile them in your script maker until you find the one with the trainer tips girl, forget that one, close all of them out.
    Step 4 - Create the new script you want and copy the offset into AMAP, or edit the old one in your script editor.

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
    Years
  • Step 1 - Open Your Rom in Advanced Map
    Step 2 - Go to Pallet Town's Map and Enable the Viewing of Events
    Step 3 - Select the three script events at the top, decompile them in your script maker until you find the one with the trainer tips girl, forget that one, close all of them out.
    Step 4 - Create the new script you want and copy the offset into AMAP, or edit the old one in your script editor.

he meant gb red and blue, not fr lg

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2016
    Hi. Id like to say thanks for the answer to my last question. Now I have another. I'm working on a Fire Red heck and am implementing new pokemon by replacing old ones via YAPE. When I replaced a chain of three pokemon with chimchar, moferno, and infernape, I had the stats and evolution set up correctly and yet the evolution did not work. So I tried replacing lotad, lombre, and lucidio or whatever the main name is and I had the same issue. Does anybody have a solution?

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Online now
    Hi. Id like to say thanks for the answer to my last question. Now I have another. I'm working on a Fire Red heck and am implementing new pokemon by replacing old ones via YAPE. When I replaced a chain of three pokemon with chimchar, moferno, and infernape, I had the stats and evolution set up correctly and yet the evolution did not work. So I tried replacing lotad, lombre, and lucidio or whatever the main name is and I had the same issue. Does anybody have a solution?

If the issue is the evolution tries to work but instead goes "...?", you need to make sure you have the National Pokedex. This can be achieved by searching how to script the Professor giving it to you at the start (it's a simple setflag, yet I can't remember it off by heart, and it's been answered many times before, just search)

Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2014
    Hello, I currently have a very odd problem.

I use the rom base titled "Galleote World" which changed a couple of maps and one of which you start in. I used advance map to change how the map looks but for some reason when I start it in VBA it looks exactly how it looked when I first used the rom base. None of the changes I made to the map are shown when I play but it shows in advance map.
    I've added a "Before" and "After" picture attachment. The first picture is after I patch the rom base. The 2nd is the small changes I made to the map before completion. I apologize as I don't have enough post to add pictures. I hope this doesn't prevent anyone from helping me with this problem. I've tried everything. The starting map has been changed to Lavender Town as soon as I used the rom base. I did not make this change.

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
    Years
  • Hello, I currently have a very odd problem.

I use the rom base titled "Galleote World" which changed a couple of maps and one of which you start in. I used advance map to change how the map looks but for some reason when I start it in VBA it looks exactly how it looked when I first used the rom base. None of the changes I made to the map are shown when I play but it shows in advance map.
    I've added a "Before" and "After" picture attachment. The first picture is after I patch the rom base. The 2nd is the small changes I made to the map before completion. I apologize as I don't have enough post to add pictures. I hope this doesn't prevent anyone from helping me with this problem. I've tried everything. The starting map has been changed to Lavender Town as soon as I used the rom base. I did not make this change.

Did you use amap 1.95
    if you did then you gotta restart your rom lol
    if you used 1.92 then good. the thing is you gotta reload the game since if you save on the map then change the map it won't show the differences

Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2014
    Did you use amap 1.95
    if you did then you gotta restart your rom lol
    if you used 1.92 then good. the thing is you gotta reload the game since if you save on the map then change the map it won't show the differences

...I used 1.95 xD

But thank you so much for the quick and clear response. I appreciate it very much.

Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2014
    Hello, I'm working on an Emerald hack and I'm in the process of changing the sprites with the black/white generation sprites but I'v run into a slight problem. A large portion of the sprites on Emerald have a couple frames to them to create the illusion of animation, and I can only get the static sprites from black/white.

I'm using Advanced Pokemon Sprite Editor and it doesn't let you remove frames on there. Does anybody know how I can remove the frames or stop the game from initiating the frames? When there are frames the pokemon will flicker into a beige square for a second during it's appearance including in the pokedex, which is very annoying and not aesthetically pleasing.

Thank you! Any help is appreciated!

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jun 14, 2016
    is there somewhere where I can watch all the animations for all moves in FR/LG?

or will I need to just make a pokemon with 4 different moves, view them. then change them out and repeat?

LORDENGLISH

HOMESTUCK GOD
    Years
  • A shinyzer tutorial is the first result I get on a search engine. There are videos too.
    Really? how are you searching? I tried searching "SHINYZER TUTORIAL" without the quotation marks.
    Here is what I got as a result:
    Spoiler:

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jun 14, 2016
    damn dude, no need to post your search results.

what seach engine are you even using? this is literally the first result

youtube.com/watch?v=5bCg8pJ12hk

C me

Creator of Pokemon League Of Legends
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2021
    I didn't think we could say google and youtube but I meant them. Sorry!

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
    Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    Playing either with a hex editor along with z80 asm opcode sheet, or red disassembly would be the answer (although not a particularly precise one).

But anyway, there is no high level scripting language in RBY. It's all about writing everything in straight asm language. In case you feel like trying (and this is no way an impossible task to do!), looking at the documentation in Skeetendo Inc. should help.

I looked and couldn't find what you are referring to.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back