• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokemon Trainer Academy [T]

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
Silvana Walcha Arle
q21lMKv.png
VLVnDyX.png
<table border='0'><tr><td style='text-align: center; vertical-align: top; padding-top:6px;padding-left:6px;padding-right:6px;'>
4mGgxnX.png

Level 10
Moves
</td><td style='text-align: center; vertical-align: top; padding-top:6px;padding-left:6px;padding-right:6px;'>
xkYVNey.png
</td><td style='text-align: center; vertical-align: top; padding-top:6px;padding-left:6px;padding-right:6px;'>
xkYVNey.png
</td></tr><tr><td style='text-align: center; vertical-align: top; padding-top:6px;padding-left:6px;padding-right:6px;'>
xkYVNey.png
xkYVNey.png
xkYVNey.png
</td></tr></table>​
"Sort of!" Silvana replied with a light shrug of her shoulder. "Only, I'm cooking potions instead of food." she quickly went on to correct, only to second guess herself almost immediately. Did... potions count as food? They were basically drinks right? She wasn't sure she'd call all of them appetizing. "...I wonder if anyone's ever tried adding some honey to these potions." Silvana mused aloud. "...Probably not a good idea." she went on to lament. Messing with the recipe could have much more drastic effects than simply ruining the dish. They were talking about potions, after all! She quickly shook off the idea. Taste buds weren't as important as results.

"That sounds like a great plan, though! A map like that sounds like just the thing I need!" Silvana went on to remark. ...What ingredients was she looking for, again? Was it better to ask and be nosy, or to not ask and get surprised by something morbid later?

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
Ivrant checked around the library counter. Surely they'd have couple more detailed maps near it as most librarys would. It was sure to have a more detailed layout of the whole island. He was quickly thrown off about her talk about potions though. At this point, he wasn't going to act so blissfully ignorant to think of Pokemon Potions. She was talking real potions, like the stuff that did weird things to people. Maybe he should be a little more cautious around the girl... just incase he ends up testing out one of these potions of hers. But darn if he wasn't too nice for his own good.

"Ahh here's two. This should show the rest of the island. I'm actually thinking of catching a water Pokemon for myself so I figure the beach would be a good place to check out... I guess I didn't really need a map for that though eheheh." Ivrant laughed. Seemed like more people were strolling on into the library over time... if he kept stopping to talk with everyone he saw he was never going to be ready for that battle! "Well Ms. Arle I should probably get moving myself. Got a long day! Maybe I'll bump into ya while your out getting stuff? Wishing you luck with those potions!" Ivrant said, as if he was entirely convinced that she was really pulling this thing off. He was mostly humoring the girl but she still sounded entirely serious. Since this seemed to be the trend with making connections, Ivrant pulled his notepad and wrote out his number for Silvana. He hoped it wasn't weird that he was giving his number to so many folks. He just wanted alot of connections around the island! It'd be important later on for sure if he needed something... who knows? Maybe a potion girl could be a handy contact later? "If ya need a hand with anything give me a call! Or a battle. Either works!" Ivrant laughed as he grabbed a map off the counter and started to make his way out the door. So far so good! Couldn't get much worse from here right? At least all of the girls were cute and friendly so far.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
Silvana Walcha Arle
q21lMKv.png
VLVnDyX.png
<table border='0'><tr><td style='text-align: center; vertical-align: top; padding-top:6px;padding-left:6px;padding-right:6px;'>
4mGgxnX.png

Level 10
Moves
xkYVNey.png
xkYVNey.png
</td></tr><tr><td style='text-align: center; vertical-align: top; padding-top:6px;padding-left:6px;padding-right:6px;'>
xkYVNey.png
xkYVNey.png
xkYVNey.png
</td></tr></table>​
"Thanks!" Silvana replied, taking Ivrant's number and ... She just sort of stood there staring at it for a long moment.

She had no idea what to do with this.

"Um..." Silvana softly murmured, but it was perhaps too late to give chase now. Or rather, she was still waiting for a book. Say, hadn't the librarian been gone for a while now? She looked around, spotting a boy that hadn't been there before. He was reading a book, but he certainly wasn't the librarian. A few moments later, however, the librarian actually did return. This time, she had a book in her arms entitled "The Occult: An introductory treatise on the historical significance and basic principles of magic" ...Silvana didn't understand what some of those words meant, but it sure sounded like it was going to treat the subject with more respect than any old fantasy book. The giddy expression returned to her face. This was the best lead she'd had since she discovered the book on potionmaking!

It wasn't much, but by many accounts this was simply an impossible endeavor to begin with."Now, I know this might not be what you're looking for, but it's the best we've got. ...Alright?" the librarian softly assured her. "Sure~!" Arle blurted out in reply, clearly quite pleased in spite of the setbacks. Assuming she could read what was inside, this would grant her some great insight.

"Now I just need to get out there and find myself a solosis." Silvana mused aloud, taking a look at the nearby map. Perhaps it would be helpful to know what one looked like... --Well, she knew it was gooey! Right? She could feel her first potion on the island already. She just needed to not get lost or ... or eaten by a territorial monster. ...Man, she hoped Carbuncle fought as hard as she ate.

Last edited:

Megaman765

Years
Ivrant Lehort and Arwyn Wilton: Outside the Library

Ivrant made his way out of the library. Now that he had a proper goal set in mind, he had to go and catch himself a second member of his team. One Pokemon could only cover so many types after all. A Water Type was the main thing Ivrant thought about catching. Surely there would be all kinds of them by ocean or maybe in a more urban setting in a lake or something. Oak Town sounded like a good spot to check out but it may be a little far off of a walk if he was going to battle that girl later. The battlefields were already closeby after all. It did feel a little too soon still though. "Hrm..." Ivrant pulled out his map and took a look at the various areas of the island to plot a course to take and properly plan his schedule. Maybe having the battle just outside of town would be harmless enough? He could KO two pidgey's with one rock throw. Dynamo was sitting next to him, keeping watch for nearby Pokemon trainers and any other various going-ons.

Arwyn made sure to close the door behind him, and went on his way. He realized Scraggy hasn't been out of his Poké ball yet since Unova. So Arwyn let Scraggy out of his Poké ball. Scraggy looked around... there weren't too many trainers around, just a few. But suddenly, Scraggy ran away, much to Arwyn's dismay. Arwyn had to run after him, but when he found him, Scraggy was in a trash can. What was he doing in there?

Ivrant was lost in a train of thought planning out his schedule for the day, assuming he didn't bump into any other strange characters. Dynamo however, had his eyes on a nearby Scraggy that seemed to be digging in the garbage... now what on earth was it doing in there? Disgusted by the motion, Dynamo couldn't help but move on over to the trash can before he start making a mess or even worse, "Littered"! A Grass Pokemon his level was not going to let that fly. Rosellia used its vines to climb on top of the trash can and looked down at the Scraggy with a dissapointed look on its face.

While Scraggy was digging around in the trash, he suddenly felt like he was being watched. He looked up, and saw an angry-looking Roselia staring at him. Using his natural instincts, Scraggy used headbutt to protect himself from this 'threat''.

The Rosellia took the blunt of the attack and stumbled onto the ground, thankfully landing on his feet. Already there were small papers and cans of trash scattered around the can. He was going to give him another chance to change his evil ways though! But no more than one! Dynamo pointed down at the cans scattered around the can and demanded the Scraggy to pick it up and put it back in the can.

With a dumbfounded look on his face, he listened to the Roselia going on and on about littering. Scraggy didn't really know what the Roselia was talking about, and used Sand Attack on the Roselia. Just then, Arwyn came running, seeing as Scraggy was fighting with a Roselia.

Dynamo wasn't pleased by this at all. He had his chance and now Dynamo was going to make him pay! Wiping off the sand off his face, Roselia jumped back on top of the trash can and gracefully balanced itself along the edge of it. Once it was in position, the Rosellia swung his arm and released a rather sharp looking vine. It had a pose similar to a fencer oddly enough. Ivrant of course heard the commotion and was already running on over to where his Pokemon wandered off.

Scraggy saw the Roselia trying to be cool. Just when he was about to go in with another headbutt, he heard Arwyn's voice. Scraggy was quite startled by his call, and headbutted Arwyn. Arwyn let out a scream of pain, while grabbing his Scraggy. ''You little! Why'd you do that?!''

"Dynamo? What the heck are you doing over here?" Ivrant said, noting the small mess around the can. He looked away for one second and already his Pokemon was getting in trouble. Ivrant made a note to pay more attention to Dynamo whenever he was out of his ball. Didn't make it better that there was another trainer nearby that got hit in the crossfire. And the day was going so well! Dynamo still looked like it was ready for a fight but Ivrant moved over to the hurt trainer. "Hey you alright?" He asked.

''...I'm fine. It's just a little... headache.'' This must be the Roselia's trainer, he thought. What a great way to start the day. Not only did a girl walk into him, his Scraggy was already picking fights with other trainer's Pokémon and getting him involved. He noticed the Roselia, still looking very angry. What did Scraggy even do?

"Sorry about that, I don't know what these two got mixed up in. Dynamo! Relax." Ivrant said. Dynamo put its arms down and gave off a small pout toward the Scraggy, hopping down from the can and crossing his arms. He wasn't letting his eyes off that troublemaker anytime soon. "He can be a little over dramatic sometimes, don't mind him. He pulls me into all sorts of trouble when he gets feisty. I have no clue where he gets it from." Ivrant grinned.

''I see.. My Scraggy hasn't seen a lot of the world. I predict this is not the only time Scraggy will get me in trouble.'' Why was Arwyn telling this guy so much? Arwyn felt strangely at ease. He quickly noticed that the person had a jacket on, with a Suicune printed on it. ''You.. must be a student from the Suicune dorm, yes?'' Arwyn asked nervously.

Ivrant tugged on the collar of his coat a proudly at that. "Yup! Fresh off the boat. I just left the dorm and was on my way to look for another Pokemon to catch for an upcoming battle. I figure I should get Dynamo warmed up beforehand but it looks like he did it himself..." Dynamo still had his eyes on the other trainer's Scraggy. The sharpest of glares. "Ah, I'm Ivrant by the way. Sorry about all that."

''I see. I'm Arwyn, i'm from the Entei dorm.. I was about to go to the Library, but catching another Pokémon is not a bad idea.'' Arwyn noticed how Scraggy and Roselia were still glaring at eachother. ''Our Pokémon.. don't seem to like each other a lot.'' Noticed Arrwyn. The guy seemed nice enough, and he saw that the pokémon and his trainer were completely different. Kind of like him and Scraggy.

"Heh. Looks like it... I'd say lets have them battle now but I do kind of wanna make sure I'm all set for later today... hmmm" Ivrant looked between the two. Dynamo did not look like he was going to get over thisanytime soon. "Uh... good to meet ya though Arwyn. Entei Dorm huh? That's where alot of the really good battlers ended up I heard. Heh. Maybe we should have one sometime huh? Might help these two let off some steam if they're still angry."

''A battle huh? I'm fine with that. It certainly looks like both Scraggy and your Roselia are up for it. Why don't we save eachother's number in our X-transceivers?'' Arwyn was still confused as to why he was so talkative to this person. He wasn't anything special right? Then how....

"Ah, yeah I can throw over my number. I got a Pokegear but should work all the same. My dad got it for me as a gift from Johto so I kinda just stuck with it." Ivrant said as he pulled out his notepad and wrote down his number. Geez at this rate the whole school was going to get his number...Dynamo was meanwhile making faces at Scraggy.

''That's quite enough, Scraggy.'' Arwyn took out Scraggy's ball and had Scraggy return. ''I'm sorry for this inconveniece. Enjoy the rest of your day.'' After saying goodbye, Arwyn went on his way to the library.

"O-oh uh... yeah! Hit me up if you want to meet up for a battle or anything like that!" Ivrant said a bit awkwardly at the end there. So... were they friends? He wasn't sure but at least that didn't spark into anything bad. His Pokemon were a completely different story. That Scraggy just made himself a new dangerous enemy. Or maybe it was the other way? Whichever the case, Ivrant had to keep an eye on Dyanamo incase it got itself into more fights over silly stuff. Before Ivrant walked off, he felt that sharp vine hit him on the back of the leg. "OW! Dynamo!" Ivrant cried out. He pointed right back at the trash scattered around the can.

"...Oh... is that why-" Ivrant decided not to argue with the mon and helped clean up. Trash in his room was one thing but trash on around the campus was going to be a whole other story.

So... Arwyn made a friend? He never thought a day like this would ever come.. after THAT accident. He grabbed the memoirs out of his bag. ''Is this your doing?'' Arwyn nodded, and went on his way, not thinking much about it further.

L'Belle

I am beauty!
Years
Arwyn Wilton - In the Library

After that fateful encounter, Arwyn headed for the library with Scraggy safe and sound in his pokéball. For the life of him he didn't want Scraggy out of his pokéball in the library, because Arwyn knew Scraggy would get him in trouble. When he entered the library, Arwyn was pleased to find absolute silence. Just as a library should be. He'd rather not start a conversation with the librarian, so he decided to just look around and find a book that looked interesting. The adventures of Pikachu? Too childish. Fifty shades of Glameow? Why is that book even here?! After a while, Arwyn settled on one of many Drowzee Potter books. He has watched a few movies of those, but he hasn't read the books. This seemed like a great opportunity, just spending his day reading a book in the quiet library. Then he got thinking. He should really catch another pokémon. But what did he want to catch? Should he just go somewhere and see what he'll catch? He brainstormed a bit while reading the book.

Megaman765

Years
Ivrant Lehort: Path to the Beach

Ivrant considered a trip to the Beach at first but for whichever reason, he felt like water Pokemon that resided by the lakes would be a good fit with Dynamo. He just had to find a spot that had that sort of environment. He figured the forest would possibly have few but that was a long walk to go in blind like that. He still started to make his way toward the beach nonetheless as he followed along the path to the plains. He did take note of a small lake along the way but didn't catch onto any wild Pokemon that really stuck out. That was until his path was cut off by some blue round Pokemon with a round tail. That just screamed water Pokemon!

"...That's a Marill right?" Ivrant wondered aloud. Dynamo stepped out in front of him and stared the Marill down cautiously while the Marill stared back at the two and just gave off a wide grin. It didn't seem to hesitate squirting both of them with Water Gun right away! Dynamo was pleased with the bath but Ivrant seemed to be the total opposite. "Agghh... sneaky little... alright guess that's gonna be our water type! Try not to go too rough on it Dynamo! You got the advantage here after all!" Ivrant said. Dynamo nodded and stepped forward, getting ready for battle. "Alright Dynamo! Us-" Before Ivrant could give off a command, the Marill quickly struck first with a quick rush of water, ramming Dynamo head on!

"W-w-woah... that was fast! Alright your definately going to join the team buster! Dynamo! Let's slow him down with Stun Spore!" Dynamo would hold out its flowers and release a paralyzing powder toward the Marill to slow him down. He ended up succumbing to the status and suddenly felt its body get more numb. The Maril didn't seem to slow down much though when it used Aqua Jet once more attacking the Rosellia. That move could be super handy in battle.. he couldn't afford to let this Marill get away!

"Dynamo! You got this... lets keep weakening him! Let's show this Marill some fancy footwork!" Ivrant called out. It was like music to Dynamo's ears... er... if he had those. Ivrant was aware of Dynamos unique fighting style with its vines so he figured it would be proper to include in its technique. Dynamo changed into a fencer stance and let a sharp vine out from its arm. It was no rapier but it could still dish out some hurt. Dynamo lept forward and used Power Whip to swipe at the Marill with the end of the vine. Its technique looked like that of a proper fencer roughly. The attack ended up smacking the Maril and sending it rolling along its back. The type disadvantage here was massive it seemed as the Marill seemed to already look worn out after that hit. Ivrant was happy Dynamo didn't knock him out on accident. Maybe this would be a good chance to throw a ball!

"Alright lets give it a shot!" Ivrant said as he pulled out a Pokeball and tossed it toward the Marill. Both Paralyzed and weakened, the Marill ended up going right into the ball. It shook once...
twice...

thrice...

*Ding!*

Ivrant ran over and picked up the ball and shouted out in triumph! "Alright! The second member of my team!" Ivrant smiled. "Guess now would be as good of a time as ever to head back to the Pokemon Center. Gotta make sure everyone's in top shape for later! Hrm... what am I gonna do after that though... Catching a Pokemon was one big thing on the agenda but besides the battle... hmmm... maybe we could find someone else to battle with in the meantime? A bit of training wouldn't hurt. We gotta see what our new companion can do! Don' get jealous now Dynamo." Ivrant teased. Dynamo simply gave a smirk back toward Ivrant. Thankfully he wouldn't need to worry about that kind of thing. He'd have to drop by the beach again sometime... perhaps invite his friends down there for a beach party?

...Nah that might be a little much. Especially with classes starting soon.

Last edited:
Years
Name: Rylie Larus || Dorm: Suicune || Team:
y53yvPB.png

Outskirts of The Ice Plains

The ground below her quietly crunched as Rylie took her first few steps onto the fresh-looking snow. The morning sun reflected harshly off the icy ground, the glare off the snow leaving spots in her vision if she looked directly at it, just as she remembered it back at home. Reaching into the side pouch of her backpack she pulled out a black sunglasses case, putting on the glasses inside she slipped the case back into its pouch.

"It figures that one of the first places I go to on this island is the one that reminds me most of home." She said, reaching into her large coat pocket she pulls out a pokéball. "We're not here because of any homesickness though, Come on out Hakan!" She cheered, releasing the Swinub from its ball. Bending over she gave the Pokémon a bit of a pat on the head as she addressed it. "We're going for a run little guy, it's been awhile since you last battled and I refuse to lose my first battle on this island cause you're out of shape. You ready?"

"Swin…" Hakan whined in response, rubbing up against Rylie's left leg much like a cat. "Yeah, yeah. Of course." She said with a bit of a sigh, pulling off her backpack she dug through it until she came across a rather large bag of treats. "You know the deal, one now, one after, and one if you end up fighting something. Got it?" She said, kneeling over to feed him. Hakan greedily took the treat from her hand, not giving much more of a response than that as he enjoyed his bounty before they started their run.

--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--​

About halfway through their training session the bright light reflecting from the snow on the ground began to mild as a few clouds rolled in. Shortly afterword's a light snowfall began, growing harsher as she continued south. "Figures it would start storming on our first day here huh Hakan?" Rylie asked with a bit of a sigh, taking off her sunglasses as the light grew more dim. The Swinub only managed a bit of a whine in response, clearly it wasn't too happy about being on this run in the first place. "Well I guess we can always just finish your run… there!" She interrupted herself, spotting the likely culprit of the snowstorm. The snover responsible seemed to take notice of them as well, taking a stance as if it's ready to fight back.

"Figures these little pests would be here as well, Come on Hakan! You know how to deal with these things! Avalanche!" Rylie called out. Hakan, taking position in front of her began to take a rathe firm stance, kicking up snow with its hind legs. He seems rather serious, whether it's for the battle itself or the promise of treats afterword however Rylie is unsure.

Hail started to fall from the sky as the snover began to jump into the heat of battle. With a deep inhale it began to blow a bitter wind in the direction of the duo. Hakan did not seem happy at all as the winds buffeted against him, the snow being kicked up growing much harsher as he squealed in rage.

"Go!" Rylie called out, shooting her right hand in the air like she saw so much on television. With that Hakan let loose, Charging forward at the snover with all his might, directly behind him a large flurry of snow aiding in his assault. As Hakan slammed into the Snover the snow behind him kept moving, sweeping up the opposing Pokémon in its wake.

"Snoo…" The Pokémon whined. Getting up from the newly formed pile of snow it began to flee further into the icy plains, the snowstorm dying down as it created a distance between itself and the battle.

"Just like back at home huh? Good job Hakan!" She said in a praising tone, pulling out the same treat bag from before she gave him his reward before patting him on the head. "There you go, I guess you earned this on… Hm?" She said, interrupting herself once again. Moving closer to the pile of snow she noticed a gray stone in the snow from where the snover escaped. Picking it up it seemed to be about palm sized, on one side a symbol of a snowflake. There also appeared to be a rather large crack in it that lined the outside.

"I think I've heard of these before, Is it an evolution stone?" She asked herself, looking it over from all sides. "I thought evolution stones were supposed to look nicer than this though. Heck, it's even cracked!"

Giving it one last look over she pockets the stone before turning her attention back to Hakan, figuring she can ask around about it later. "For now, you done with your snack? We should probably take you to the Pokémon center so you're ready for your fight." Hakan gave a little bit of a grunt in response as they both headed back towards the Academy.

Star Arcana

Hope springs eternal
Years
- Aoife Breen -
@ Caf -> Academy Grounds
#Mona the Espurr

Bluk Berry pancakes with a small cascade of maple syrup made for a delicious combination, and biting into the fluffy discs, Aoife knew the cook had to be skilled. The flavour was excellent, there was just enough butter to soften the sourness of the Bluk Berries.

"There has to be some of these around here" the redhead muttered between fork-fulls of pancake. It was hard for her to believe that the berries had been imported, the chunks' taste and texture indicated freshness. Aoife smiled, shoving another hunk of breakfast in her mouth.

Mona, on the other hand, had opted for a Sitrus Berry, which the girl also suspected was local. The cat gently ate, taking small bites and pausing before taking another. A sloppy eater, she was not, and eating on the floor wasn't an option for her. Instead, the Espurr sat on the bench with her trainer, though she was too short to reach the table.

Aoife finished her grub, and made sure to return the plate to the correct location. Before leaving the caf, she made sure to take a few extra berries for the upcoming excursion. Pecha, Cherri, and Oran was, in her opinion, made a good trio to bring along.

- - -

Stepping outside felt good. Despite the delicious aroma in the cafeteria, it was rather crowded and noisy. The outdoors, on the other hand, was quite the opposite, which appealed to the redhead. She pulled out her map and flipped it around.

"Does the forest sound good to you, Mona?" Aoife asked, looking at her lavender kitten.

She was met with a nod, sealing the deal.

LinearAxel

That Dream...Make it Come True!
Years
Rosa Summers & Arwyn Wilton Chapter 1.2 - First Catch

Untitled_zps7wnfnuni.png

espeon.gif

After a while in the library, Arwyn was done with reading for now. He returned the book to it's shelf and thought: ''I can read that later'' He got a map of the area, and returned home. He wanted to properly research where he could find pokémon that he might be interested in catching. He went home, and when he arrived in his room, he saw something on the door. It was a candy bar. Wrapped around it was a note. 'Sorry I kinda broke into your house.' This must be from that girl that accidentily opened the wrong door. She didn't have to do that... Anyway, grabbing the map, Arwyn saw some caves. There must be some pokémon there he can catch, right? He packed neccesary stuff, and went on his way.
Oh
After exploring the school grounds, and getting a pretty decent idea of where her classes would be held, Rosa was eager to start exploring the island as a whole-- although if she was going to do that, she should probably bring along some potions and Pokeballs, just in case they run into something less than friendly. With that in mind, the blue haired trainer makes her way back to her dorm, Autumn the Espeon on her heels, as always.

As she jogs down the hall to her dorm room, she takes note that the Rage Candy Bar she stuck to that room she barged into was gone. Looks like her...friend got his apology gift. Smiling to herself, Rosa heads into her room and grabs her bag, throwing it over her shoulder and heading back out the door. As she walks down the hall once more, she activates the map she had downloaded into her Pokegear. "Let's see...where to first?"

Just when Arwyn was about to leave, he sees the girl who send him the rage candy bar. He thought it was only normal to say thank you for the apology and the Candy-bar. He approached the girl and said: ''Hey... uh... Thank you for the Rage candy bar....''

Rosa turns when she hears footsteps behind her; it's the guy from before-- whose name she never actually learned. Deciding to put her previous irritation behind her (he was sort of rude but...she did storm into his room, he had every right to be a little annoyed), she flashes a timid smile. "Thanks...for not being too mad about the whole thing."

Autumn glances up to the male and offers a trill of greeting, then gently bumps her shoulder against Rosa's leg, urging her to do the same. Her actions make Rosa giggle quietly. "I'm Rosa. This is Autumn. I...guess we're dorm mates."

''I'm Arwyn. I'm from Undella Town in the Unova Region. My partner Scraggy is currently in it's Pokéball. Uh... sorry if I was a bit rude before... i'm not that great around people you see.'' Arwyn already managed to make the whole thing awkward, in front of a girl no less. He felt himself becoming red.

"We didn't exactly meet under the best circumstances...it's totally fine." While Rosa liked the...idea of being around people, she wasn't exactly great with new people either, as she had proven earlier.

Is...Arwyn blushing? Oh, that's kind of adorable! Quick, change the subject. Her eyes quickly fall to Arwyn's bag; looks like he's heading out too. "Are you going exploring too?" She asks, doing her best not to look at his face, and making the whole blushing thing even worse. "Where to?"

''I'm going to the caves to look for a new pokémon to join my team.'' Arwyn noticed Rosa blushing too. How awkward.

Oh gosh, is she doing it too? Yes, yes she is. People blushing tends to make her blush. People crying makes her tear up. Best keep this non-blush causing discussion going, for both their sakes.
"You...want some company? We were actually headed that way too."

''..Sure. Let's go.. shall we?'' Alright. smooth for now Arwyn. Keep it that way. It's just a girl, nothing to be afraid of. ''Alright, it's a small walk, but according to the map, there is a cave right here.

"Not too bad." Rosa thinks aloud as she looks over Arwyn's shoulder at his map, completely forgetting she could look at her own Pokegear. They only had to walk a few steps before Rosa felt a very strong need to break any awkward silence that threatened to creep in. "What are you planning to catch in the cave?" Yes, there we go. Talk about Pokemon. She comes across far less...awkward when she could talk about Pokemon.

An interesting question. What WAS Arwyn planning to catch? ''Actually, I don't really know. I'm just going, and see if something catches my eye, I guess. What about you?'' Arwyn really likes talking about pokémon, whether it be battles or catching, pokémon seemed to easy his mind.

"Actually...same." Rosa lets out a tiny nervous laugh. To most it probably sounds weird: Charging into parts unknown to see if there's anything they might want to befriend. Must be an Entei thing. "I'm guessing there will be rock types, and ground types. Maybe some steel types? Steelix would be cool." He has a Scraggy, right? A Steelix would be great coverage-- although neither one of them could probably catch something that big...this is their first day.

''Steelix would be pretty cool, but I doubt I could ever catch something that big.. and to be honest, I don't think we would get out of that encounter alive.'' As long as they didn't go far into the cave, there should be no problem, right? ''Look, there it is! The cave! Are you ready?''

Wow, time really does fly when you're finally getting to talk to someone who feels the same enthusiasm you do. Rosa's eyes shine with excitement as she looks at the cave, once more feeling Espeon brush up against her. "Totally!" She grins, rushing towards the cave at top speed.

''I guess I should let this little guy out of his Pokéball. I warn you though... he can be a little... rough around the edges.'' Reluctantly, Arwyn let Scraggy out of his Pokéball. ''Scraggy, this is Rosa, and this is her Espeon. We're going to search for a pokémon in the cave. I trust you to do your best, ok?''

Rosa pauses her trekk towards the cave to meet the Scraggy, which immediately makes her all the more excited. She's never seen this Pokemon before! She's...never seen a lot of Unovan Pokemon before. "Hi, Scraggy." She greets warmly. Rough around the edges? That's fine. It'll probably come in handy in a cave. "I know you'll be a huge help."
At the sight of the new Pokemon, Autumn creeps behind Rosa's legs as she silently surveys the new member of their little exploration team. A dark type, that's a little frightening, even if it is supposed to be a friend...Autumn is terribly shy.

''Oh... right, your Espeon is a psychic type, that's weak to Dark types. Don't worry, Scraggy doesn't know any dark type moves yet.'' With that said, they went for the cave. What type of Pokémon will they find here? A rock type? A ground type? Something else? There are so much possibilities, it is almost scary! ''Do you have lights? It is kind of dark here, and I forgot to bring my flashlight.''

"Yep!" Rosa slips her bag onto her arm and unzips it; in a little pocket are two flashlights, along with a bottle of water, some batteries, and a small bag of cookies, who knew how long they'd be out here? She takes out the two flashlights and hands one to Arwyn. "Here."

''Thank you! Let's get searching.'' The cave was cold. The cave was still pretty open. However, wild pokémon weren't exactly running at them. Suddenly though, a sound came from behind a rock. ''What... what was that? Is... it a pokémon?'' Arwyn was honestly kind of spooked. He had never explored a cave before, he has only seen pictures in books.

"Either that or the old just the wind excuse." Rosa takes a small step forward. She probably should be scared, being in a dark, cold cave surrounded by Pokemon she's unfamiliar with, it's just...so exciting, though! As she feels Autumn's tail wrap around her leg, she once more inches forward, attempting to peer behind the rock. "Hey there...wanna come out?"

Suddenly, a Klink came out. It didn't seem very pleased. ''Oh no, it's a Klink! We must have made it angry!'' The Klink began Charging up with electricity. ''Scraggy, use Sand Attack!'' Scraggy obliged, and threw sand over the Gear Pokémon. Klink clearly seemed agitated, and fell down. ''Now, use Brick Break!'' Scraggy came running at the Klink and knocked it down to the ground completely. Now go, Pokéball! One…

Two..

Three.. Ding!

Wow. Arwyn actually successfully caught a Pokémon!

"That...was amazing!" Rosa jumps just slightly in delight. Both Arwyn and Scraggy reacted to fast! The combination of throwing Sand Attack at the Pokemon to block off its sight, and then Brick Break, in a matter of seconds, it was great! The blue haired girl looks down at the Pokeball on the ground and makes a grand gesture towards it with her arm. "Looks like you've got a new partner."

Arwyn was very pleased with himself. ''Wow, I actually caught a Pokémon. I guess it really did become a steel type, huh?'' Scraggy also looked very tough. They both felt very proud. ''Heh, guess you're coming with me, huh Klink? Don't worry, i'll be your friend.'' He then looked at Rosa. ''We're not done here yet though, are we?''

"It would be a shame to turn back now." After that thrill of a run in, she really wanted to see what else the cave had to offer, and seeing Arwyn succeed made her truly want to capture a Pokemon of her own. "There's plenty more cave to explore, right?"

Rosa turns back to pick up the Pokeball and hand it to Arwyn, as she bends down, a shadowy blurr darts by, and then...the Pokeball is gone! "Wh-"

"Sne!" Something cries out from further down the cave's path. Shining her flashlight on it, Rosa can see that it's a Sneasel, which is clutching Klink's Pokeball between its claws. Its feathery tail wiggles as it gestures for the humans to follow, then rushes deeper into the cave.

"Hey! Come back!" Rosa shouts as she rushes after the sneaky dark type, Autumn running along behind her.

''Hey! That Sneasel just stole my Klink!'' Arwyn rushed behind Rosa. It was HIS Klink that was stolen, after all. He wasn't about to let this little sneaky-sneak get away with this. No one steals Pokémon and gets away with it, not even Pokémon!

"Autumn, cut it off!" Rosa calls out. Her Espeon leaps forward and does a small spin, landing in front of the cheeky sneak. The Sneasel stops and brandishes its claws.

Espeon is Psychic, Sneasel is Dark, she'll have to be careful. "Quick, Dazzling Gleam!"

The psychic fox begins to glow, quickly summoning a bolt of energy that fills the cave with light. It collides along with the Sneasel and sends the dark type flying back, the Pokeball falling from its tiny hands and rolling back towards Arwyn.

''Thanks Rosa! Now's your chance! Throw a pokéball!'' Things were getting pretty intense, and Arwyn hoped everything would be alright. He could nearly hold Scraggy back from Attacking the Sneasel.

"O-oh, right!" Yeah! A Sneasel would make a great partner; it could combat Autumn's ghost type weakness. Taking one of the Friend Balls from her belt, Rosa eagerly throws it at the fallen Sneasel.

Shake...

Shake...

Shake...

Ping.

Yes! Sneasel has been caught!

''Great job! You caught something as well! However, we should head back now, before we get lost." They started heading back, but suddenly, Scraggy stopped walking. ''Scraggy, what's wrong?'' When Arwyn turned around, he saw something horrifying. A spiky Ferroseed swooped down and attacked.

Espeon growled at the creature as she pressed her back against Rosa, who clenched her fist at the creature's towering presence. A little Ferroseed wasn't anything to be afraid of, but this one seemed to be shouting for reinforcements. From the back of the cave loud stomping could be heard, and if they didn't book it soon, whatever that stomping was coming from...was coming after them. "You think Scraggy's up for another fight?" She asks quietly. Against a giant Steal type, that's their best chance of getting out of here...not poked full of holes.

''I guess so. Scraggy, go!'' Scraggy wasn't scared at all of the spiky creature. ''Maybe your sneasel could do something? I think it's better than just Scraggy, right? On that note, Scraggy! Use Work Up!''

Rosa looked down at the ball clutched in her hand. If it has any ice type moves, they could be helpful, but...she has no idea what this little one is capable of just yet. "I dunno how it's doing after that Dazzling Gleam. I know! Autumn, use Helping Hand!"

Autumn begins to glow once more, though this time that glow began to float towards Scraggy as well. With Work Up and Helping Hand, Scraggy should be able to punch straight through a wall...hopefully.

''Great idea! Scraggy, use brick break!'' Scraggy prepared it's fist and slammed the Ferroseed. It clearly was in pain. It retaliated with seed bomb, hitting Scraggy hard. Scraggy got up though. ''Scraggy, use Brick Break once again!''

"Autumn, help out with Shadow Ball!" Rosa called. The Espeon summoned a large spiraling sphere of darkness, which she hurled at the Ferroseed while it was distracted with the powered-up Scraggy.

The Ferroseed fell down. It didn't seem to give any reaction. ''Rosa, we need to run, before more Pokémon appear!" Arwyn and Scraggy began running out of the cave at rapid speed.

"Sorry, Ferrothorn!" Rosa calls out as she follows her new friend towards the cave entrance, Autumn trotting along right by her side. As they exited the cave, Rosa drew in a few deep breaths, then twirled on her toes towards Arwyn with the happiest of smiles.

"That...was...amazing!" She had never felt so alive, never felt so excited and happy and...confident. Right now she feels like she could take on the world.

''It was! I really enjoyed myself today, even if that was close. Let's exchange numbers, so we can call each other.'' Arwyn told Rosa his phone number and wrote hers down. ''Should we walk back to the dorm together?

"No point going alone, right?" Her smile never falters as she inputs the number into her Pokegear.
For the entire walk, Rosa's excitement over their adventure never faded. She jogged most of the way. Autumn, worried Rosa was too occupied replaying the battles in her head, used Confusion to move a few stones out of her trainer's path, lest she trip on them. As they neared the school, the Psychic fox looked up to Arwyn and let out a happy cry. She wanted to thank him for going with them. In all her time with her trainer...Rosa has never been so happy.

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
Years

f8b82867b0060002b9d89c93ba3fa0ee.jpg
Desmond Allen

Bug Catching Contest Winner

Desmond and Hecate quickly followed the sounds of the angry Pokemon. Based on past incidents, Desmond was confident he'd find Leo at the source of the sounds. This brought back the memory of when Leo unearthed a pack of Magcargo and Slugma while training at Mt. Battle. Boy was that a rough mother's day. His mom had come to visit Phenac and wanted to see how much Desmond had grown with his Pokemon. While Desmond was running though he noticed something. Hecate seemed to be slowing down.

"C'mon Hecate. I know you don't love Leo but he is still part of this team."

The Umbreon rolled its eyes and begrudgingly picked its pace back up. The sound was close now, just a little further. The pair smoothly rounded a corner into a small alcove and nothing could've prepared the two partners for what they saw. There flying around angrily was a Scyther. So far, pretty normal. Further examination though showed that Leo was perched on top of the Scyther. If it weren't such a dangerous situation, Desmond may have even cracked a smile. Instead, Desmond immediately focused up and began calling out commands.

"Alright Leo, shape up and look alive! No time to be making friends right now. Jump off Scyther's back and use Rock Slide!"

The Heracross didn't seem to want to listen though, instead continuing to latch onto Scyther's back. Desmond could only sigh. He had only one other choice.

"I'll make you two grilled Sitrus Berry sandwiches if ya get it together!"

This quickly got Leo's attention, at the cost of Desmond's pride and dignity as a trainer. At least the Pokemon was listening now though. Leo sprang into action, pushing off of the Scyther and unleashing a Rock Slide. The Scyther deftly avoided most of the rocks but did get caught by a few, knocking it to the ground and damaging one of its wings.

"Alright, now use Night Slash!"

The Heracross quickly landed and rushed towards the fallen Scyther. The Bug type still had some tricks up its scythes though as it quickly got up and avoided the attack and countered with a Quick Attack of its own, pushing Leo back towards the mountain wall. Scyther wasn't done yet though, quickly comboing into a Steel Wing with its one healthy wing. There wasn't much time left for Leo. Desmond had to act quickly.

"Quick! Use Endure!"

The Heracross responded on cue, bracing itself against the attack. Scyther crashed into Leo and was met with an immovable object. Now was Desmond's chance to end the battle with Scyther caught so close.

"Horn Attack!"

Leo's horn glowed a soft white as it plunged under Scyther and back up, throwing it back into the wall behind the pair. With a loud thud, the Scyther hit the wall and fell to the ground. Without hesitation, Desmond grabbed a Pokeball from his bag and flung it at the Scyther. The Pokemon would make a great addition to the team. The ball sucked in the Pokemon and began wiggling.

Back and forth, back and forth. The ball shook.

Come on Desmond thought, Stay in the ball!

Finally the ball clicked shut and with a sigh of relief Desmond picked up the Pokeball. With a new member of the team added and some training completed, it was time for Desmond and his team to get back home before something bigger and stronger than that Scyther appeared

Last edited:
Years
Rylie Larus and Ivrant Lehort

The Academy Pokemon Center

Ivrant made his way inside the Pokemon Center. Thankfully it was pretty close by to the Cafeteria and Library. It seemed to be a central hub for trainers after classes. Made sense considering the Battlefields weren't too far off either. Which gave Ivrant an idea... that'd be a perfect spot to battle in! He could even show off to the other students at the same time to start making a bit of a name for himself as a somewhat competent trainer! Or a total fool... either way! It was exciting! First things first though. Ivrant had to get his Pokemon healed. Dynamo still had some punch left but his freshly caught Marill had seen better days for sure. Once Ivrant placed his Pokeballs on the counter, he sat down in the main lobby to wait for the healing process to be finished. "Alright... lets send out that message." Ivrant said as he pulled out his Pokegear and started sending a message to Rylie. Should have been long enough now right?

"Heya. I'm at the Pokemon Center if your ready for that Battle!" Ivrant sent the message and left it at that. A small nap would do him good while waiting for his Pokemon to heal up. He leaned back in his seat and shut his eyes. At least until he was eventually called up to fetch his Pokemon.

Meanwhile, Rylie was midway through her run back to the Academy, her heavy coat draped over her shoulder as she left the icy plains behind her. Feeling her pokégear vibrate in her pocket she quickly made sure to check it figuring it would either be her mom or that boy from earlier, sure enough it was the latter.

"You're in luck, I'm headed that way right now. Guess I'll meet you there in about five minutes then." She messaged back, returning the pokégear to her pocket. "Looks like you're in luck, runs over a bit early for you buddy." She said, kneeling to give Hakan his last treat before returning him to his pokéball. "Need you as rested as possible. If he's at the Pokémon center, it's clear he's been training too."

Ivrant felt the Pokegear vibrate which was enough to get him to open his eyes. Sure enough he got a quick response. He simply typed "Cool meet ya there" and sent it right back. His first battle on the island! This was going to be exciting! Ivrant made sure he still had everything set up for himself so he didn't leave anything behind on accident. His Pokemon were still being healed up so he had some time to rest a bit while waiting. He'd need the energy for the battle after all.

Rylie stumbled into the Pokémon center rather exhausted looking. Making her way to the counter she gave the nurse Hakan's ball before looking over the center. It seemed rather busy, many young-looking trainers populated the inside of the building, guess they weren't the only ones getting into battles on day one unsurprisingly. Over against the wall Ivrant seemed to be laying back into a chair, perhaps as tired as she was. Approaching him she gave a bit of a wave, tossing her heavy coat into the seat next to him. "You look a bit better properly dressed ya know…" she prodded a bit.

Ivrant snapped more awake when he felt that heavy jacket land next to him. Looks like she was busy as well! He could already take a wild guess where she was training. "Ya think so? Guess having clothes on does that to a guy. The Suicune jacket matches everything else pretty nicely I'd say. And not having messy hair helps I spose." Ivrant said, running a finger along his hair to emphasize. "You must have been busy out there huh?"

Rylie falls back into the chair next to him, savoring the well-deserved rest she earned for a moment before finally responding. "Yeah, if for any reason I'm glad I got into Suicune for the color of the jacket alone. I always thought blue was a nice color on me." With her hands curled behind the back of her neck, Rylie took a moment to stretch out her legs before resting them on a convenient coffee table in front of them. "Yeah, you could say I was a bit busy. I was cooped up in that plane all day yesterday, so I figured I would go for a bit of a run. Picked a nice cool place to take it as well."

"Judging by the jacket, I'm guessing you went somewhere pretty darn cold huh? It looks wet so guess you were deep in the snow huh?" Ivrant chuckled. "I've been meeting a lot of interesting folks around so far. Even got to fight a few Pokemon. I actually just caught a new team member earlier!" Ivrant grinned. "I took a boat here pretty early. I haven't flown on a plane before. I'd take its pretty cramped in one of those. Dynamo would have gotten restless up there! I'd never hear the end of it."

"Well yeah! It's way too warm out on the school grounds for a proper run! I swear I was fine for the entire plains but the short little spurt of run here left me completely exhausted!" Pulling her backpack onto her lap she dug through it for a bit, pulling out a bottle of water. After chugging whatever liquid was left in there she threw it back into the bag. "Yeah, it was a bit cramped, luckily I got a window seat. I didn't bother letting Hakan out of his ball. Last thing I need is for him to wander off inside of a plane."

"Heheh, guess coming here from a snowy town is kind of a big adjustment huh?" Ivrant commented. He didn't think it was all that hot yet but it was definitely a different deal for her. "I gotta let Dynamo out to walk around or he gets pretty upset with me. He's loves to practice moves on his own. He's popped out of the ball on his own at times even! He at least listens to me though so I guess it isn't all that bad. You'll see for yourself when we battle!" Ivrant smirked, playfully patting her on the back. The nurse at the counter suddenly called Ivrant on over. His Pokemon must have been done being healed! "Just a sec!" Ivrant said as he hopped from his seat and fetched his two Pokemon from the tray. He was ready as ever for some more action! Once he grabbed them he moved right back to his seat. "Its decently warm up in Kalos. I don't think its ever gotten super hot by the city or anything like that. I brought over some spare outfits, coats, swim trunks and all of that just in case. I gotta make a note to drop by the beach while the weather is good."

"I don't know how I'm going to handle it if it gets much warmer… Even on the warmest days of the year there's still snow on the ground where I'm from." Rylie sighed a bit, enjoying the nice cool air conditioning of inside the Pokémon center. "Geez, as I said before I wish Hakan was like that. I have to bribe him to do anything, Train, Battle, you name it. Luckily the treats he likes are cheap if bought in bulk." Rylie gave him a bit of a weird look as she was patted on the back but was too exhausted to do anything about it.

Rylie brainstormed for a moment as Ivrant got up to take his ball. She knew the Roselia was likely faster than Hakan so she could try to slow it down with an Icy wind, Or she can just go all out from the beginning with an avalanche just like she did with the snover and hope he can finish it quickly.

Her brainstorming is interrupted once Ivrant sat back down next to her, she began to quietly listen again, putting her planning on the backburner. "I've never been swimming before, didn't even think to buy any sort of swimsuit before getting here. Heck, I probably couldn't have found one even if I wanted to."

"I'm sure Oak Town is bound to sell some if you ever want to give it a shot. The beach is a lot of fun. Might be a huge contrast from where your from. I've gone a couple of times myself whenever we're traveling around Kalos and seeing the new Pokemon I got, going down there sometime might not be a bad idea to get some training down... maybe after classes tomorrow I'll check it out and get some training down." Ivrant said.

"Hm, I'll consider it then." She said. Letting her arms drop to her side she felt a lump in her Coat "Hm?". Reaching back to her pocket she pulled out the gray stone form earlier.

"Oh yeah, I forgot about this thing… Hey, you have any idea what this is?" She asked, showing him a palm sided gray stone. Nothing seemed too remarkable about it aside from the snowflake printed on the front and a small crack lining the outside of it.

Ivrant leaned in a little closer and took a look at the stone... at first he thought it was an evolution stone like an "Ice Stone" or something but they were usually way more shiny then that... "Huh... can't say I know for sure. Doesn't look like it'd evolve any Pokemon looking like that. Maybe it does something else or its a used evolution stone? Eheh... I'm more experienced with Pokeballs then stones honestly sorry." He said a bit bashfully.

"That was my first thought too but yeah, they're usually much nicer looking than this." She said, looking down at it as she played with it a bit in her hand. "Now that I mess with it, it almost feels like it's split along this crack… See? I can kind of move it here just a tiny bit." Showing it off, sure enough the cracks seem to move just a hair as the stone is squeezed.

"Hmm... that's odd... maybe it needs to get refined? Heheh. Who knows? My mom told me some Pokemon hold onto items to power their attacks up... what if that's one of those items? Can't say I know past that. Darn now I'm kinda interested! Maybe the library has a book on items like that? Would be worth a read." Ivrant said, still looking down at the stone.

"Well, I can confidently say it's not Never-melt Ice. I've never had any but it isn't exactly rare where I'm from. So unless there's something that…" Rylie began to say as she was interrupted by the nurse calling for her. "Oh, sounds like Hakan's done. I'll be right back." She said, leaving the rock in her seat as she went to fetch her Pokémon.

Ivrant was careful not to hold the stone.. last thing he needed was to accidentally break it or something like that. It looked like a large crack was forming on the rock so who knows? Maybe it was a used evolution stone... he always assumed they just faded away after being used or something like that. Ivrant was about to go as far as say it was a Pokemon or something but that seemed like a really big stretch. "Hmmmm..."

Rylie returned a moment later, Hakan's ball in her pocket. Picking up the stone one last time she gives it only last look over before turning to address Ivrant. "Well, I guess this mystery will have to be saved for another time. For now though we have a battle we need to get to right?" She said, Picking up her coat and stowing the stone back in its pocket.

"Oh yeah!" Ivrant hopped out of his chair excitedly. "They got a battlefield not too far from the Pokemon Center actually! Just straight ahead as soon as we walk out! Theres a few trainers battling there so at least we'll have a crowd huh?" Ivrant chuckled as he started to make his way to the door. "Hope your ready Rylie! I know I got two Pokemon on hand but for the sake of it, we'll make this a one on one for now. Sound good?"

Rylie gave a bit of a smirk at the news of Ivrant's second Pokémon. "Ah, so that's what you were doing then. If you think it will make it fair then by all means." She said in a bit of a taunting tone. "I hope you're not underestimating us with that proposal though. Hakan might be lazy but we have our own fair share of tricks as well."

"Hehehe, well hey if you want it to be two vs one then by all means." Ivrant joked. "But yeah, One vs One sounds proper. I offered the battle before I caught my second member anyways so only fair eh?" Ivrant smirked back.

Pikamander7

Ace Trainer
Years
Lucas McMillan
A Mountainous Adventure (Day 1)

Lucas woke with a jolt. He looked around in confusion, but then remembered that he was in his new dorm room. He shook his head to wake up more, grabbed his backpack, and left his room. He ran down the stairs and outside, eager to do some training. He looked around for anyone, but no one was around. H quickly ran from the dorms towards the mountains. On his way, Lucas though about his bag and what he had. I don't have any Poke Balls! Lucas thought, but he kept running. This was for training, not growing his team.
Soon, Lucas arrived at the mountains. He looked up, some of the peaks disappearing into the clouds, and sighed in wonder. He started to climb up the side, using rocks and cracks as foot and hand holds when he couldn't just walk. After a bit of climbing, he came to a cave. He leaned against the mouth of it, taking a bit to catch his breath. Lucas looked inside the cave, the darkness hiding anything within the cave. "Come on out, Ace!" Lucas said, bringing out the Puppy Pokemon. Ace barked happily, the loud noise echoing in the cave. Ace was not expecting that, and nearly jumped at hearing his bark repeated at him. "C'mon, Ace," Lucas said, taking a few steps into the cave. The Growlithe followed him slowly, a small ball of fire in his mouth to light the way. Soon enough, the two of them were plunged into near darkness, the only light coming from the ball of fire in Ace's jaws. The cave was deathly silent as they walked along, the only sound being their footsteps, breath, and a quiet skittering sound. Lucas stopped, turning around to see 2 yellow eyes staring at him in the darkness. Ace instinctively shot a burst of fire at the eyes, but they dodged and moved to the side. The fire made it possible to see the source of the eyes. It was a Scolipede! Lucas and Ace began to run as fast as they could away from the Scolipede, but it was much faster, and they couldn't see where they were going. Lucas soon ran into a wall, almost hitting his head again. They saw the Scolipede's eyes come closer to them. Lucas tensed up, but then Ace shot a ball of fire at the Scolipede, its eyes widening as it got hit. Lucas grabbed Ace and ran past the Scolipede as fast as he could and ran back they way they came.
They were soon out of the cave, but their surroundings looked different. Instead of seeing an open field, they were faced with a mountain. Lucas could hear the Scolipede, so he returned Ace and started climbing up the new mountain to find out how deep he had gone into the mountains. After many scrapes, bruises, and minor cuts, Lucas reached a flat top to the mountain. It was much warmer up here than he had expected, until he realised he was on top of the volcano! There was a giant hole in the middle, but on the other side of it was a spiky, orange and red Pokemon. Lucas gasped. The Pokemon turned its head to look at him, its cannon-like snout giving it a strange appearance. Lucas had never seen a Pokemon like it, so he had to fight it. Lucas sent out Aaron. The little Aron bounced and chirped with glee as it got ready to battle. Lucas and Aaron walked closer to the Pokemon, which kept its spiky shell to them at all times. Once they were close enough, Lucas called, "Aaron, use Bulldoze!" The Aron stomped its feet and created a tremor that barely made the Pokemon flinch. What was this Pokemon? Lucas wondered. The Pokemon reeled its head back, then let forth a giant blast of fire directly at Aaron. Aaron tried to dodge, but to no avail. The blast hit Aaron, knocking him out instantly. "Aaron!!!" Lucas cried, running over to the fallen Pokemon. After returning him to his ball, Lucas sent out Donna. The Drilbur looked at the Pokemon with a look of determination. "Donna, use Skull Bash!" Lucas said, pointing at the Pokemon. Donna launched herself at the Pokemon with as much force as she could. The Pokemon seemed to smile, and when Donna hit the Pokemon's shell, there was an explosion that sent Donna flying. The Pokemon was fine, but Donna was still in the air. Lucas ran to catch Donna, but tripped over the edge of the mountain and went tumbling down the side. He soon landed on a platform at the mouth of a cave, and Donna seemed to be heading right for him. Lucas stood up and got ready to catch her. As the 18.7 pound Pokemon landed in Lucas's arms, he fell down, luckily not breaking anything. The two of them proceeded to lay there for a bit to recover.
Lucas returned the fainted Pokemon to its ball and got up. While wiping rocks off of himself, he noticed a red crystal with what looked like fire inside. Lucas pocketed the stone and pulled out his Pokenav to get out of here.He had to go west, which meant going over at least one mountain. He could go through the same cave as before, but he could get lost or encounter the Scolipede again. He decided to risk it. Luckily, he made it through without incident. Sighing, he began to make his way back to the Academy.

Last edited:

Kung Fu Ferret

The Unbound
Years
Eric headed over to the makeshift arena, just out of curiosity.

He saw a battle going on, and decided to spectate, because this island was, hopefully, safe without any Team Rocket-related threats, and Eric was free to do so.

Suddenly, he had a flashback as soon as he though of the words "Team Rocket".

It was the day of Peggy's funeral. It was raining pretty hard, as if the entire world was in mourning.
Eric remembered that mere days before this tragedy, he kissed his beloved goodbye and wished her luck on her first mission as a Pokémon Ranger. Now, she was lifeless, about to be buried in Lavender Town, thanks to Team Rocket bombing the Silph Co, building in Saffron City. Eric had the honor of being the last thing she saw in life, but as much grief he was feeling, Eric had an intense anger in his heart as well. This was the only human being he EVER LOVED.

Eric knew little of Team Rocket's intents. At the time, all he knew is that he wanted every last one of them DEAD for this misdeed. If it weren't for them, Peggy would still be alive.

The flashback ended, the memory of Peggy's last breath still lingering.

He didn't care what he had to, even if he had to sell his soul to Giratina itself, in order to make sure Team Rocket would cease to exist.

Eric snapped out of it after a few minutes, and headed closer to the battlefield after slapping himself in the face a few times. Eric sat down in the bleachers, near the others. Friendly Pokémon battles normally cheered him up as of late, even now.

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
Years

f8b82867b0060002b9d89c93ba3fa0ee.jpg
Desmond Allen

Sizing up the Competition

With the Scyther now caught, Desmond shifted his attention to getting back to the dorms. Taking in his surroundings he noticed a small figure up on one of the ledges looking down at him. It seemed to be a Hitmonchan and boy did it look angry. Taking the cue, Desmond returned Leo to his ball and hurriedly left the area with Hecate. There was no way he was about take on that Hitmonchan. He could feel its piercing gaze on him as he jogged away.

Soon after he broke out into the open fields and in sight of Oak Town. Heading south, he headed back towards the dorms to grab some food and heal up his Pokemon. He hadn't eaten anything yet and he was starving, not to forget his promise to Leo. Scyther, who he had decided was going to be named Ares, also needed to be healed up after getting one its wings messed up.

In sight of the dorms now, Desmond made his way to Pokemon Center and handed Ares and Leo over to the nurse. A short time later, the pair were as good as new. Walking out of the center Desmond could hear a commotion over by the battlefields and decided to make his way over. Several battles were happening but a small crowd was beginning to form around a particular battle. Moving closer he saw a silver haired boy with a Roselia battling a girl dressed more for winter with a Swinub.

"What do ya think Hecate? Wanna stay?"

The Umbreon nodded its affirmation and the pair found a bench to sit down and watch.

Last edited:

Megaman765

Years
Ivrant VS. Rylie, (Rosa is there too!): Outside the Pokemon Center

Ivrant pointed ahead at the large open battlefield set in front of the center. Several trainers were set in their own spots battling it out already with their Pokemon. The battles were of course being moderated by the school staff to make sure that nothing got out of hand. These were all new trainers and Pokemon after all! Sometimes these got out of control. Not every Pokemon was going to just listen to their trainer upon being caught after all. "Here's an empty spot. Should be plenty of space for our battle don't ya think?" Ivrant said confidently.

"Seems fine to me, Come on out Hakan!" She cheered, Releasing the Swinub from its ball. Hakan looked around confused for a moment, slowly coming to terms with its surroundings. "Alright buddy, you'll be earning double treats tonight with your dinner if you can win this fight, Deal?" she said, giving Hakan a pat on the head. Hakan responded with a bit of an excited squeal.

Ivrant pulled out his ball right on queue. "Alright. Let's go Dynamo!" Ivrant called out as he tossed his ball into the air. When the Pokeball popped open it gave off a more unique effect opposed to the usual opening. Several red petals would pop out from the ball and surround Dynamo before falling to the ground to reveal the Rosellia all of its grace. It gave off a pose similar to that of a fencer and showed off a confident smirk toward its opponent. "Alright Dynamo, its our first battle in the academy. Let's show everyone why we're here!" Dynamo gave off a firm nod and whipped out a sharp vine from its flower arm, ready to engage in combat.

Hakan stared at the opposing Roselia for a moment, unsure of what to make of it. Never fighting much more than Snover in the past this is a rather new thing to him. "Heh, Nice little bit of bravado you have going there. Hakan! Show 'em you're not scared! Let's put them on their back foot immediately with an Avalanche!" Hakan nodded in conformation. Staring down the Roselia, Hakan began to swipe its hind legs against the ground. Behind it a billowing cloud of snow began to form behind it.

This was a new experience for Ivrant as well... Ice Pokemon weren't something he fought against before with Dynamo. He'd just have to wing it and see where it went! Whatever it was up too, Ivrant had to get to dealing some damage right away. "Alright Dynamo, lets get him while he's open!" Ivrant pointed forward. Dynamo stepped forward keeping its stance and used its Vine to viciously swipe at the Swinub with Power Whip. It swiped its arms similar to that of a Rapier, even though the vine didn't quite work like that, Dynamo still worked with it fairly well. It kept a decent distance away from the opponent.

After her first catch, Rosa made her way to the Pokemon Center in order to heal her new teammate. On her way out, she couldn't help but notice all the battles going on around the center, and couldn't help but want to watch. "C'mon, Autumn." She urges her Espeon to follow as they walk towards one of the battlefields. A Roselia catches her eye, engaging in an intense looking battle with a Swinub. "This should be good." She whispers to Autumn as she walks closer.

Hakan glowered as it was hit by the vine, growling as it began to kick its hind legs harder. The snow cloud billowing behind him swiftly growing bigger the angrier it got. "Alright! Let it loose Hakan!" Rylie called out. On cue Hakan charged forward towards Dynamo, the large billowing cloud of snow following closely behind freezing over the trampled grass.

Dynamo attempted to hop away from the incoming cloud of snow but ended up being properly trampled by the Avalanche. It was quite a heavy trade of blows and both attacks they were weak too. Ivrant had to be careful next time the Swinub tried a vicious attack like that. Time to get a little more strategic. "Alright Dynamo let's tread our steps here. Stun Spore!" He called out. The Vine on Dynamo's arm retracted and instead it flung out a yellow powder toward Hakan to hinder its mobility with paralysis. "This should help Dynamo's approach a bit..."

"Is...that a good idea?" Rosa whispers to Autumn, who tilts her head in confusion. "Avalanche gets stronger if it goes after its opponent, so...slowing Swinub down will just guarantee it goes second." Then again, it could also mean Swinub can't attack at all, which would be the best possible thing for a grass type going up against an ice type. This is setting up to be a really good match.

Hakan hopped on the top of the snow pile it created with its attack. Somewhat proud of his work, he expected to see a frozen over flower in its wake. What he found however wasn't quite so pleasant, the yellow powder coating Hakan as he revealed himself from the cover of the snow. "Shake it off Hakan and use freeze dry!" The Swinub trembled a bit as he tried to attack. Opening his mouth the expected harsh winds did eventually arrive, however quite a bit slower than initially expected.

Ivrant could tell Dynamo wasn't handling the cold very well. It usually could handle attacks like this better then something physical such as Avalanche though but the type difference was still apparent. Dynamo had to deal some more serious damage and hope that Stun Spore did its job. He debated using Growth to power up but he wasn't sure if there would be enough time to boost up. "Hang in there Dynamo! Cut through that ice and show that fancy footwork of yours!" Ivrant called out. Dynamo confidently whipped out his vine once more and charged forward to swipe at Hakan with Power Whip left and right.

Hakan wasn't looking too great himself taking attack after attack was really doing a number on him. Rylie however knew he'll be fine for now, her secret weapon should be kicking in any moment now. "You know what to do Hakan! Make them regret that attack with another Avalanche." As he began to kick up snow again, it could be noticed that Hakan was… chewing something? Whatever it was he didn't give much time to notice it as he began his charge again. While it was slower this time, he did seem to manage to hit some sort of second wind as well.

Ivrant caught note of the Swinub seemingly chewing something... of course. It had snuck an item in. Ivrant would have to keep not of that for his own Pokemon next time. After all, he was the one going on about it earlier in the Pokemon Center. That Avalanche attack was pretty darn vicious on its own though! Ivrant had to come up with something quick. Attacking that onslaught head on seemed to be more harmful then benefiting for Dynamo unless it would knock the Swinub out anyways.

Rosa, now sitting on the grass, Espeon in her lap, blinked in confusion as the little Swinub seemed to get a second wind. Its trainer didn't give it any potions, it has no recovery moves… "Did it eat a berry?" Rosa asks Autumn once more. This time the purple fox responds with a nod. They're a bit far away from the field to see crucial details, though Autumn can smell the berry as it was chewed.

"She's making really good choices." Rosa whispers. "And that Roselia is relentless." Did that trainer arrive with that Roselia, or catch it? Maybe she should ask once this battle is over. She'd like to have a Roselia of her own...although...would that be stepping on this trainer's toes?

"Dynamo, lets step back this time. Use Growth!" Ivrant called out. Rather then charge into the storm, Dynamo held its stance and stood ready to defend against the oncoming Avalanche attack as well as Power up its next move all the same. Time to see if this would be enough to last the incoming hit.

"Bury them Hakan!" Rylie called out, Hakan rushing forward in one last snow powered charge. The snow cloud didn't seem quite as big this time as it did the previous two, was he tired? Either way he charged forward none the less, Aiming his head straight for the body of Dynamo.

After using growth, Dynamo waited for Hakan to enter its "circle" before whipping out its fines and taking out the blunt of the blow. The impact was nowhere near as hard as it was before. Attacking during that move seemed to effect is power... Ivrant just had to get a proper counter attack down. Dynamo held out its Vine and slammed it onto the ground intimidatingly. "One more Dynamo! Like you mean it this time!" His vines were slightly larger thanks to the previous boost but hopefully it would be enough to take out this Swinub! Extending it out further, Dynamo swing its Rapier esque vine and swiped it across Hakan several times while giving out a loud battle cry to emphasize the strike.

"Swin…" Hakan whined, stumbling forward with it's own momentum as it takes the full brunt of the attack. "Hakan! You're almost done! Just need to use one more Freeze dry!" She called out hopeful as he was getting back up again. Hakan, turning around took a deep breath… and collapsed shortly after with a small whine. "Hakan!" Rylie called out, rushing onto the battlefield.

Ivrant ran toward the battlefield as well. Dynamo looked super exhausted from that series of attacks. He definitely didn't enjoy the cold at all but he came out victorious. Dynamo held up its arm near its face and swung it forward confidently to give off one more triumphant pose before sitting down. "Good job Dynamo. Rest up." Ivrant said as he returned him to his ball. Afterwards Ivrant walked toward Rylie. "Hakan really gave us a run for our money there." He complimented.

Rylie pulled the Swinub up into her arms giving it a little bit of a pat on the head before returning him to his ball, ignoring Dynamo's bravado. "Sorry buddy, I guess it was close though." She said before returning him to his ball. Sighing she turned her attention to Ivrant, "So I guess I should congratulate you now huh?" She said in a rather disappointed tone.

"Ah don't worry about it. You were a great opponent in the end." Ivrant said, holding out his hand to shake hers. "I definitely gotta get some coverage for those ice attacks. That Avalanche was rough!"

"Yeah... Sorry I'm not the greatest loser in the world." She apologized, returning his handshake. "Not sure what I'm going to do myself. The easiest answer I guess would just be to train Hakan some more. Eventually just get him to the point where he can overpower everything. Still should probably put some thought into a second team member though."

"Mmmhm! Maybe someone to cover Hakan's own weaknesses? That's why I got a water type for my team. I was thinking about how to cover Dynamo's grass and poison typing and figured water would cover both pretty well... I'll definitely have to give him a run sometime." Ivrant grinned. "Though besides that... I don't really have a whole lot of plans today myself."

"I'll think of something, eventually, who knows. Heck, I almost wish you chose the water type to battle against Hakan, freeze dry would have done wonders." She said, giving a bit of a sigh. "Well, looks like I get to wait in line at the Pokemon center again… Oh! That reminds me." She said, throwing a light punch towards Ivrant's arm. "I promised you a beating back at the dorm, in text and everything. Since I lost the battle to you that'll have to do for now."

Ivrant winced a little from the light punch. "Haha, oh right. That comment from before." Ivrant gave off a tiny blush at that. Maybe that was a bit bold to say before. "Heh, guess I deserved that then! I may as well join ya in line in that case. Don't want Dynamo weakened for too long. Maybe we can look into that stone ya got?"

What a battle! That was so intense, right up until the end. Rosa can't help but smile as she stands up-- though that smile fades as she considers going over to speak to the trainers. It's not eavesdropping if you battle in a public place, is it? Still...they might not like it.

Autumn leaps down from Rosa's arms and gives her leg a gentle push with her head. She's not a real social butterfree herself, but she knows Rosa wants to go up there.

"You sure…?" Rosa looks back to the two and draws in a deep breath, then trots towards them. As she gets closer, she offers a polite clap. "That was...a really fantastic fight, both of you."

"Yeah, you kinda did." She said, brushing her fist off against the side of her jeans. At the mention of the stone Rylie pulled it from her coat pocket yet again. Giving it another good look over as she spoke. "Might as well yeah, nothing much better to do while waiting." Shortly after speaking she heard another girl's voice behind her, congratulating the both of them. "Oh, Um… Thank you." She said rather awkwardly. Clearly she wasn't good at taking compliments either.

"Heheh... thanks. It got pretty dicey there I gotta say. Dynamo dosn't really fight like most Roselllia." Ivrant said, going a little red from the compliment. Geez already getting some praise for his battling! This really was a good start to his school year. "Glad you enjoyed it. I didn't realize we had spectators but guess that's just a given huh?"

He seems to know his Roselia pretty well, so...he's probably had it for awhile. Well, that doesn't mean there aren't others on the island. "Well...You are kind of right next to the Pokemon Center...which is kind of a hub." Rosa gives a tiny chuckle as she speaks. She turns to the girl, who probably wants to get her Swinub healed sooner rather than later. "I...should probably stop holding you up, huh?"

"Eh, yeah. I would appreciate getting there sooner rather than later." She said, shooting a glance over to the building. "If you'd like to talk more there though I wouldn't mind, There's the extra benefit of getting out of the sun as well."

"Mmhm!" Ivrant added in. "We're probly gonna be taking it easy for a bit anyways if you wanna chat. Ah, I'm Ivrant by the way. Making a habit of meeting alot of folks on my first day so far! Haha" Ivrant laughed, holding out his hand to her. "And this here is Rylie."

"Ivrant, Rylie. Nice to meet you both." Rosa nods to each of them. "I'm Rosa, this is Autumn." She gestures to the shy little Espeon peering out from behind her leg. "I'm game. The line doesn't seem so long when you're not alone." At least, it probably didn't. If the company's good...hopefully she's good company.

"Alright, then let's hurry up and head over there then." Rylie beckons, already starting to walk off towards the building, not wanting to spend too much more time out in the heat.

"Heating up already huh? Well hopefully ya adjust. There's probly alot warmer places on the island I'm sure." Ivrant said. "Well alright lets head on in and rest up. The day's still young!"

"Adjust? Are you from a colder climate?" That makes sense, with the Swinub. Back home they only showed up around the Ice Cavern between Mahogany and Blackthorn, which, given, she had never been to, but with a name like Ice Cave, it's gotta be pretty frigid.

Walking ahead, Rosa opens the door for the two battle goers, glancing to Ivrant as she does. "And...based on Roselia, I take it you are from a not so cold climate."

"Ah yeah, I'm from Kalos myself. I live in Lumiouse City with my folks." He explained. "They're fairly common around the area. At least their previous evolutions are but some Rosellia are out of town sometimes." He explained.

"Yep, Snowpeak city. Northern Sinnoh." she said with a bit of a wave, beckoning them to hurry up. "As the name implies it's not the warmest place in the world.

Last edited:

L'Belle

I am beauty!
Years
Arwyn Wilton - Training

After saying goodbye to Rosa and Autumn, Arwyn went inside of the dorm. He didn't see all that much people, luckily. He went into his room and sat down for a second. He grabbed Klink's pokéball. Thinking out loud, he said: ''What a mysterious thing you are.'' He was really proud of himself, but he didn't really didn't know anything about it at all, except for it being a steel type pokémon from Unova. At that moment he remembered the Entei dorm is the 'Battle' dorm. They had a battlefield nearby. It was time to see what Klink could do.

He arrived at the Battlefield and let both his Pokémon out. ''Ok, Scraggy, we are going to train Klink. I want you to not counterattack at all, just take the hit, all right?'' Scraggy seemed to agree with that. ''Klink, use any attack you have on Scraggy!'' With that, Klink readied it's gear and headed for Scraggy, he then slammed his both of the gears into Scraggy. That was Vice grip! ''Great job!'' It seemed like Vice grip and Charge were Klink's only moves. It seemed like some work was still neccesary. ''Ok, Klink and Scraggy, for now, you guys can fight eachother however you please!'' Klink began charging up. Scraggy went in for a headbutt, but Klink managed to dodge. Then he tried sand attack, but it didn't do anything! That means Klink's ability was Clear Body! ''Wow, Klink, you are awesome!'' Scraggy wasn't having it though. He began to use a strange move that they have never seen before. He calmly walked towards Klink, and suddenly let out a surprise attack, knocking Klink down. ''That was feint attack! Good job, Scraggy!''

Arwyn decided to call it a day at that point. Both of his pokémon put in great effort.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Dallas Yukira - Dorms and Heading Out

Dallas had just finished taking a shower and getting ready as he heard a light scream from not far away. It wasn't a surprise to him though. So many people, anything could be happening so he didn't really pay attention to it. But he did take not that the Academy had become much more liveyer than before his shower. He was more concerned about what he was going to catch.

"Hmm, I can't remember where, maybe Sinnoh, but could have been Hoenn, that there was people using electricity to cook berries... It is actually a good idea. Maybe I could try that..... Blazey's flames can't be controlled right now, so he can't roast a berry very well. He still needs more training." Dallas spoke to himself as he started to put socks on.

Then, someone started banging on his door. He wasn't going to answer it, but then a voice called, "Can you please help me!"

He opened the door to find a female with long blue hair. She was trying to catch her breath.

"What's wrong?" Dallas asked.

"A Pidgey got in my room and I can't get him out! I was so nervous that I left my pokemon at home. I don't know what to do. I am going to get expelled I know it! Please can you assist me?" The girl pleased.

"Ok." Dallas said, "Where is your room?"

"Next door." She said as she ran to the left.

He followed her and sure enough, there was a Pidgey flying around her room, causing a massive mess. Without being called out, both Blazey and Freezey came out, ready to fight.

"No. Not here you two. You will have plenty of training later. This isn't the place to have a pokemon battle." He said, both pokemon eased up, but continued to watch their trainer.

"How are you gonna get it out then?" The girl asked.

"Shut your door. Not all the way, just enough to block the path. We don't need it going out that way." Dallas said.

"O...ok." The girl said, following instructions.

Dallas looked at the Pidgey, studying it closely. On one of its wings, feathers were ruffled and sticking out, as if something was there. The Pidgey was still going mad as he approached it.

"Hey there little fella... can you calm down please. I think I can help you." Dallas said.

The Pidgey looked over at Dallas and turned toward him, it flew toward him and started pecking his head. However, he didn't attack back. He didn't try to grab it or anything. He just waited. It hurt a bit, but the Pidgey was fairly young, so not too strong. He could tell by the feathers on its wings. It was no worse than being bit by his Vulpix.

"Are you ok!?" The girl exclaimed.

However, Dallas didn't answer. He was busy with the Pidgey. After a moment, the Pidgey stopped pecking him and then landed on the bed post and looked at Dallas.

"You see, I don't mean you any harm." Dallas said.

The Pidgey continued to look up and then slowly spread one of its wings. The one where the feathers were ruffled.

"What is it doing?" The girl asked.

Dallas approached slowly and after he had gotten to the Pidgey, he softly put the back side of his hand up against the under-feathers. The Pidgey was pretty calm now and he removed his hand and reached his hands behind the out stretched feather. Dallas looked at the wing and pushed the ruffled feathers away to reveal a twig that had gotten lodged in the wing.

"Yeah. I thought so. One of the easiest things to study about a bird pokemon is its feathers. This is going to sting for a little, but once I remove it, it will be ok." Dallas said in a soothing voice.

He put his second hand on the twig and slowly pulled it out. After it was removed he put the feathers back down. The Pidgey chirped in delight.

"There you go little guy. Now can you fly out that window please. You will be free then." Dallas said, pointing toward the open window. The Pidgey nodded and flew straight through the window. Dallas then followed behind and shut the window.

"Oh thank Arceus...." The girl let out a sigh.

"You may want to think about getting a screen for that window before opening it again. You don't want a Spearow or something getting in." Dallas said, turning to the girl.

"I know... I didn't even think about that. It just felt so hot to me. I don't even no how I am in Suicune... I thought I would be Raikou or not accepted... I can't believe I forgot my pokemon!" The girl said.

"How did you forget your pokemon exactly?" Dallas asked.

"I got nervous and started to rush... I couldn't even breath right. I didn't even realize I had forgotten until got here... I am such a bad trainer..." The girl said.

"Everyone gets nervous on the first day." Dallas said.

"You aren't. You did that so smoothly. How did you know? Are you a training to be a pokemon doctor?"

"I am not nervous because I have been here for a few days. Although I still wasn't very nervous then. As for how I know, I am studying to become a breeder, flying pokemon are some of the easiest to learn about. However, my true foal is to become a World Chef, so I don't really have time to be nervous." Dallas said.

"Oh wow... really? My mother runs a small restaurant... I helped her cook. She offered me a chance to come here to expand my skill because she though I was gifted... I was worried I wouldn't even make it." The girl said.

"Ooo really?" Dallas smiled and brought out a notepad and pencil. "What region are you from? What kind of food do you specialize in? What kind of seasonings do you use?" Dallas started fireing off questions.

This made the girl back away a little bit and smile, putting her hands up, "I... I- I'm not the one to ask. I am only from a small port town in North Sinnoh... I never left home, so I don't know too much about it."

"Oh ok... sorry... I have a bad habit about asking questions about food when I meet someone from another region. My name is Dallas by the way. I am from Snowbelle City, Kalos." He smiled.

"Oh... my name is.... uh... oh! My name is Megami. I am from Chocovine Town near Snowpoint City in SInnoh." Megami said.

"Well Megami, if you made to Suicune, then you have something worth exploring. If you can contact your mother, I am sure there is a Pokemon Transfer or something similar in the main office." Dallas said.

"Oh really! I thought I was going to be without a pokemon! Thank you! But I guess I need to clean my room up first." Megami said.

Dallas shrugged, "Ok guys, back to the poke balls." He said, returning his pokemon to their balls and putting them on his waste.

"Oh you have ball capsules... I have them too... if I can just find them...." Megami said.

"No worries. You don't owe me anything, just try my food every now and then."

"Ok! I will. Bye."

"Seeya." Dallas said, walking out the room.

Dallas returned to his own room and finished getting dressed. He locked his door and activated a hologram map from his C-Gear, thanks to the technology of a holocaster in the updated C-Gear. The map showed an image of the map in a 3D form.

"Guess I will head to the old power plant place. It is close to Oak Town and the forest. It should be the perfect place to find a new pokemon." He said, closing the hologram.

He walked down stairs and outside past two statues of Suicune and into a much more lively court yard. Where battles were going on left and right.

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Feb 24, 2024
O3rH3yy.gif
Naomi Junn And Sydney Ramirez
Some Open Field
Double Catch!

Current Party​
0ILsiTX.png
Pokeball.png
Pokeball.png
Pokeball.png
Pokeball.png
Pokeball.png

Inventory​
pokeball.png
- x4 Poké Balls
potion.png
- x5 Potions
antidote.png
- x1 Antidote
oranberry.png
- x1 Oran Berry​

Sydney nodded and started clearing up after herself while Miko scurried back into her spot in the bag. Before long both girls were ready to go and set off, leaving the cafeteria and making their way outside of the building. Sydney was pretty pleased with herself, she'd managed to rope someone into going along with her even if she'd done it in a bit of a strange way. Hopefully Naomi proved trustworthy even if she did seem a little rough around the edges. But could Sydney really blame her? The girl hadn't exactly had the perfect breakfast experience.

"Where are you from, originally?" She asked. "Totodile is a Johto Pokemon mainly, right?"

A little conversation shouldn't irritate Naomi too much, and people always loved talking about themselves anyway right? It would help Sydney with her nerves at least, she'd never even battled a wild Pokemon before neve rmind caught one. She hoped she wouldn't make a total fool of herself... suddenly she had images of throwing the pokeball and missing completely, smacking Naomi right in the face. No, there was no point psyching herself out too much. Either she'd be okay or she wouldn't. And she would be okay. She had Miko with her and backup from another Trainer besides. Nothing could possibly go wrong.

"People here are just full of questions, aren't they...?" Naomi thought, glancing over at Sydney as she spoke.

She figured it was just something else to chalk up to the academic experience. Then again, maybe it has something to do with where one was brought up. Naomi's living experiences up to this point had both come from living in the big city, where one normally doesn't go out of their way to know everything about someone else. Regardless, it was a simple enough question. It probably wouldn't hurt to make a small bit banter on the way to... wherever it was they were heading.

"Something like that..." Naomi finally replied. "I lived a good amount of time in Celadon, but moved to Johto around the time I turned ten to live with my grandpops..."

The girl paused, the sound of some happy gurgling catching her attention. She glanced down, watching as her Totodile happily waddled ahead. His eyes were shining with excitement as he constantly looked all around in an attempt to see all this new scenery. The island was so different compared to Goldenrod, that Franky was completely in awe of it all. Naomi took a moment to pull out one of her cigarettes, lighting it and taking a small puff before she resumed her answer.

"I met Franky there... In Goldenrod City, to be exact," she explained. "He was left out to dry by his former trainer, so... I just sorta brought him home with me."

"Oh that's awful! The poor thing... but he seems really happy with you, so I guess it all worked out." Sydney said, her expression clearly sympathetic. "I can't imagine how anyone could ever abandon their Pokemon. I'd be lost without Miko."

Miko popped her head out of the bag hanging at Sydney's hip and gave a squeak to the affirmative, clearly agreeing that Sydney was totally dependent on her. The two girls and their Pokemon kept walking, making their way off campus and hitting the road that led to Oak Town. Sydney figured that halfway between the Academy and the town would be the best spot to venture off road and find some wild Pokemon. She made sure not to react when Naomi lit up her cigarette - she was used to people smoking and as much as she didn't like it she always tried not to make a fuss unless they were stuck in close quarters together. It was their life after all!

"I've never been outside Unova before," she admitted, "I'm from Castelia City and it's got it all. I wanted to travel but I knew my parents wouldn't be cool with it, so I'm really excited to be here. I want to make the most of it, you know?"

"Uh... yeah, I can see what ya mean..." Naomi responded, glancing away before she rolled her eyes. "Having both of your parents around to care about your well-being must really be drag. Hooray for liberation..."

The girl could already feel her nerves tensing up, and they had barely been outside of the academy for more than ten or so minutes tops. Naomi was beginning to get tempted to simply break this whole expedition off, but the fact that she had decided to go along for the chance to add a Pokémon to her own arsenal was the only reason for why she didn't. She took another drag off of her cigarette, this one much longer than the original, before finally returning her attention to the conversation at hand.

"So... Is there something in particular you're looking for? Like a Pidgey or an Oddish?" Naomi questioned. Maybe if she could get some idea as to what Sydney was looking for, she could speed this hunt up a bit. Besides, considering the fact that she had Pachirisu as her first Pokémon... a rather cute and fluffy one at that. Naomi could feel her gaze gradually shifting to the Pokémon poking out of Sydney's bag. "I mean.... those seem like a good start to go formin' a team around an electric type..."

"I thought about a Grass type," Sydney answered, "but I think I'm going to be looking for a Bug Pokemon instead. Miko wouldn't be too great against Grass or Ground types and this could help with that a bit. Plus the Castelia City Gym is a Bug type gym so I kinda know a bit about them. Anyway, this is as good a place to go off the road as any. C'mon Miko, out you get." Miko climbed out of the bag and clambered down the side of her trainers leg.

"You ready Naomi? Anything you want me to keep an eye out for you while we're searching?"

"A flying-type," Naomi replied quickly, as she extinguished what was left of cigarette. She took a moment to put the remainder back in her pack so she could finish what was left of it for later. "Franky is pretty strong, but speed isn't his strong point. I need somethin' that can make up for that."

The Totodile in question waddled his way towards Sydney's Pachirisu. He offered Miko a quick grin, before turning his attention to the open space before them and carefully looking around. He wanted to be the one to help Naomi find what she was looking for. Besides that, there was a princess here! What sort of brave warrior would he be if he left her unprotected?!

"Alright. You watch the skies then, I'll keep my eyes closer to the ground." Sydney reached into her pocket and pulled out a scrunchie, reaching behind her head to tie her black and blue hair back into a loose tail. She took a deep breath and stepped off the road into the tall grass, her expressive eyes narrowed as she looked almost comically hard to try and spot a Pokemon. Miko ranged alongside her, bushy tail held high. Some Bug types would be close to the earth but most of them could be found near patches of wildflower or some trees and almost all of them were pretty damn small, so she was going to have to keep her eyes peeled to spot one.

"Sometimes Flying types circle around where Bug types congregate to try and swipe an easy meal, so if you see something like that we might be able to solve both our problems in one go. I'll let you know if it looks like anything is coming at us through the grass." It was a firm statement, shy of being bossy but not by a wide margin. She seemed to be taking the hunt seriously.

Franky on the other hand, kept his eyes peeled to the skies. It was going to be difficult fighting one so high up while he was so low to the ground. Naomi seemed to be thinking along the same thing. The brown-haired teenager frowned as she squinted up towards the sky, but except for the occasional passing clouds... There really wasn't much to see up there.

"There's gotta be a better way than this..." Naomi thought, crossing her arms in a huff. She paused for a moment, glancing down as she spotted some nearby rocks. Slowly, a small grin managed to crawl its way across her lips. "Of course... I should just bring one out to us instead..."

Scooping up a hand full of rocks, Naomi motioned for Franky to follow close behind. The Totodile gave his trainer a curious look as she led him towards some nearby trees. Without even a moment for consideration, Naomi took some of the rocks and began to casually toss them in the direction of the tree branches one by one.

"What are you do-oh!" Sydney yelped as there was a chorus of squawks from the tree, a flock of wild Spearow enraged by the rock throwing bursting out and taking to the air. "Uh, well done, I guess? But that's a lot of Spearow!"

The flock spent some time flapping about and screeching before they seemed to realize where the source of their disturbance had come from. Some of the Spearow decided it wasn't worth their time and went off in search of somewhere quieter to roost but four of them were too fired up to let the matter go. They moved as a unit and got into formation before divebombing towards the two girls and their Pokemon.

"Miko - Attract!" Sydney blurted out the first move that came into her head. Miko ran straight up the side of her Trainer and set herself on Sydney's head, briefly covering her face with her bushy tail before taking it away and blowing a kiss at one of the Spearow. An almost cartoon heart shot out from the kiss and exploded against one of the diving Spearow in a shower of pink dust. That one sharply veered off from the group and started circling Sydney and Miko, singing some sort of Spearow sonnet of affection. Sydney still had to hit the dirt though to avoid being swiped by the others, hitting the ground with a whoosh of exhaled breath while Miko clung onto her hair for dear life.

One of the Spearow swooped down angrily in the direction of Miko and Sydney. The bird Pokémon let out a loud, razor-sharp screech as its pointy beak closed in on the duo, only for a sudden jet of water to come crashing into the Spearow. The bird fell back from its attack, managing to catch and balance itself before it would have hit the ground from the surprise assault. The rest of the flock stopped in their assault, all eyes suddenly resting on the now drenched flying type, Naomi, and Franky.

The flock of Spearow seemed hesiitant for a moment, as if questioning just what they should do. One of their numbers, a slightly smaller than average Spearow, let out an angry screech and began to quickly charge towards Franky. However, before it managed to make it all the way over, the soaked member of the flock let out a very agressive squawk. The charging Spearow stopped dead in its tracks, its eyes locking with those of its wet cohort. The soggy bird Pokémon merely glared in the direction of the smaller flying-type, causing it to cower and fall back into the crowd of its fellow Spearow.

"Hmmm... Looks like this one is must be the ringleader..." Naomi mused, an excited smirk managing to take hold over the girl's lips. "I like that..."

"You could have shared your 'plan' with me you know," Sydney grumbled, getting back to her feet. The enamoured Spearow was still circling her and Miko, squawking sweet-nothings. "Miko, Iron Tail!"

The Pachirisu leapt off her Trainers head, a metal coating spreading across her large tail before she twisted in the air, smacking the Spearow right in the beak and sending it tumbling off into the grass. Miko landed nimbly on the ground and glanced to Franky. "I seem to be doing a lot of work here..." She squeaked.

"If there's a second half to this you might want to figure it out before we get pecked to death. Spearow aren't known for being very forgiving." At this point Sydney wasn't entirely convinced that Naomi wouldn't just catch a Spearow and go home, leaving her here without having caught anything for herself. She'd picked up on the other girls surly attitude but hadn't figured her for outright reckless.

"I don't really recall ever havin' one," Naomi replied bluntly. She pointed in the direction of the wet Spearow, who was currently having a staring competition with Franky. "If ya'd chill out for a bit and pay attention, you'd notice that that one right there seems to be the one of the flock that calls the shots… and for some reason, it seems like it wants to go one on one with Franky. So just… calm down and stop having a meltdown already."

Franky glanced over at Miko for a moment, a small blush working its way to his blue cheeks. "Um… Sorry about that," he babbled. "But… This Spearow looks really strong, and I totally wanna try battling her first! You understand, right?"

Before Miko would have had a chance to respond, the Spearow let out a rather loud screech and took off flying towards Franky. Naomi's eyes widened at the sound, quickly snapping her focus back to the battle at hand. The Spearow quickly flew over head of Franky and dove down, starting to peck at the water Pokémon with her sharp beak in rapid succession. Franky let out a pained grunt, quickly bringing his arms up to try and shield his face from the constant Peck attacks as best as he could.

"Franky, don't just sit there and take that! Pound that little featherbag with an Ice Punch!" Naomi shouted.

Franky quickly jumped back from the rapid assault of the Spearow, shooting the bird a rather toothy grin as his little first began to form a chilling air around it. As quickly as the little Totodile could, he slammed his frosty fist right into the face of the Spearow, causing the bird to squawk in pain from the chilling blow.

"A meltdown?" She flushed. "I'm not having a meltdown! Just... whatever..." She trailed off, not sure how to tell Naomi she was wrong without just proving she was right. "Miko, stay on guard in case the other two try to get involved. We're not going to break our word just because things have gone off the rails."

The other Spearow seemed like they were going to listen to what their leader had said, staying back and waiting to see how things played out. They were a naturally aggressive species of Pokemon though so Sydney wasn't about to take anything for granted.

Naomi didn't respond to Sydney's retort. Rather, she kept herself focused on the battle at hand. "Franky, follow up with a Scratch attack!"

Franky ran towards the Spearow, taking a swipe at the bird Pokémon with his claws. The Spearow was quick to counter, however. The Spearow's wing quickly began to shine with a metallic shimmer. The Spearow quickly slammed its wing into the Totodile's head, causing Franky to stagger back and wince in pain. Yet instead of being angry, Franky grinned happily. Clearly, he was having the time of his life in this little skirmish.

"Franky, go for another Scratch attack!" Naomi ordered. Once more, the Totodile ran towards the Spearow with his claws ready to swipe at the wild Pokémon. Just like before, the Spearow's wing began to shine with a metallic glow as she slammed her wing in Franky's direction once more. However unlike before, Franky managed to grab hold of the wing. Spearow's eyes widened in shock at this development as the wild Pokémon desperately tried to pry itself free from Franky's grasp. Naomi's confidence seemed to only grow however, as she quickly called out to Franky once more. "Now, Dragon Claw!"

Franky's claws on his left hand seemed to glow with a fierce aura as he leaned back and took a mighty swipe at the wild Spearow. The bird Pokémon let out a loud wail as Franky released his grip on its wing with the attack, sending the flying type staggering back and falling flat on its belly. The Spearow let out a weak groan of sorts as it tried to pick itself up off the ground, but could not manage to find the strength to do so. Without wasting another moment, Naomi grabbed a Poké Ball out of the bag she was carrying and launched it straight in the Spearow's direction. The ball smacked right into the downed bird, pulling it inside of the capsule-like device with a faint, red beam of light. The ball shook once... twice... and then one final time before coming to a complete stop. The Spearow had been caught!

With their leader being sucked into the Poke Ball its two cohorts panicked and quickly turned tail, flying away from the skirmish as quickly as they could. "Congratulations." Sydney said, mostly covering the bitterness she felt. "Next time you decide to aggravate a group of wild Pokemon either let me know or do it with someone else. That was incredibly dangerous - Spearow have been known to flock around a powerful Fearow and if one of those had turned up we'd have been in serious trouble."

She stalked through the grass in a huff with Miko scampering behind her, looking concerned for her Trainer. "And all that will have scared off any Pokemon even remotely close by, so I guess I'm empty handed. Oh, and don't tell me not to have a meltdown - I can handle myself fine when I actually know what's going on thank you very much!" She kicked the tree the Spearow had been roosting in, wincing afterwards. "Stupid first day. This sucks."

From a hollow in the tree a tiny Cutiefly floated out, disturbed by the noise and subsequent kick. It flew up into the air and started circling Sydney's blue highlighted hair, trying to figure out if it was some sort of odd flower. Sydney seemed to be too busy sulking to even notice.

"Look, it ain't my fault that you couldn't even move durin' all that. Besides, it was faster than stumbling around the middle of nowhere for hours like a couple of idiots..." Naomi retorted, scooping down to pick up her newly acquired Spearow. "So stop gettin' so bent out of shape... I said I'd help ya find your stupid bug, didn't I?"

As the two trainers bickered, Franky waddled his way over towards Miko. The Totodile gave a curious glance towards the Pachirisu, before babbling, "Should... should we do something to stop them...? If there are any other wild Pokémon around, they're gonna scare them off with all that yelling..."

"Couldn't move? Miko and I took one of them down actually, but you were obviously too worried about yourself to remember we were supposed to be looking out for each other. And do not, do not call my Pokemon stupid. Even if I haven't caught them yet!"

"I don't know... maybe your Trainer will just apologize?" Miko answered.

The Cutiefly settled on Sydney's head, nestling into her hair. "If you want them to be quiet, I could murder them for you," it whispered down to the other Pokemon, "Then the only noise will be when we eat their corpses. Dibs on the eyeballs."

Franky's eyes widened at the sound of the voice. He quickly glanced around, trying to find the source of the voice. "Umm... Who... Who said that...?"

Meanwhile, both trainers seemed to be completely oblivious to the fact of the Cutiefly in Sydney's hair. Naomi in particular, seemed to have no sympathy showing for Sydney's plight. "Oh... My bad. I'm sorry I insulted somethin' ya don't have."

"I did. Up here. I like the eyeballs best when they pop." The Cutiefly responded.

Miko looked around, finally spotting it. "Hey! Get off my Sydney!"

Sydney crossed her arms, staring at Naomi angrily. "Oh you're right, it would be like me insulting your good manners or ability to not be a jerk. When we're out of here I want a battle - a real one - and when I win you're going to apologise for being so awful."

"Like I really have the desire to waste my time on ya...? I mean, getting the chance to watch ya cry would be the best thing ever, but I have better things to do with my time than that." Naomi shot back.

Franky glanced up, his eyes quickly spotting something moving around in Sydney's hair as well. The Totodile wasted no time in waddling over towards the two trainers, tugging on Naomi's leg to try and get the girl's attention. Naomi glared down towards the Totodile, causing him to flinch back slightly. Still, Franky stayed still as he babbled and pointed up towards Sydney. Naomi turned her attention back to the girl in question, her eyes narrowing as she witnessed something moving around ever so slightly in her hair.

"...The hell..." Naomi muttered. "Do... Do ya actually have bugs nestin' in your hair...?"

"Oh so you're too chicken to battle me because you know I have a type advantage? Really nice, that attitude will take you far! And a... what? What are you talking about?"

Miko quickly shot forward and started climbing Sydney, reaching her head in record time and hissing at the Cutiefly. The tiny bug took off and buzzed closer to the tree again.

"Wha- what IS that!?" Sydney screamed, frantically swatting at her hair in case any others were lurking there. "Are there more!? I've never even seen one of those before!"

Naomi watched as the bug quickly buzzed out of Sydney's hair before zipping towards the tree that she had assaulted with the rocks earlier. The older of the two girls narrowed her eyes, trying her best to point out the finer points of the bug from a distance. "I... I think it's a Cutiefly... My sister used to go on about them back home."

"Well you can actually do your part now, I guess. Miko, Quick Attack before it gets away!"

Miko squeaked and jumped off of Sydney, landing on the tree before bouncing off it to slam into the Cutiefly. It veered off course, circling back around to face the two girls and started buzzing at them angrily, sending out a gust of wind carrying pink sparkles. It was a strong Fairy Wind for such a small Pokemon, almost knocking Sydney off her feet and sending Miko tumbling backwards.

"Don't let up! Iron Tail!" Sydney shouted over the wind. Miko got back to her feet and coated her tail in metal, sprinting towards the Cutiefly and performing a backflip, effectively uppercutting the tiny bug and sending it shooting into the air.

"Oh shoot, oh shoot!" Sydney scrambled through her bag, pulling out a Poke Ball of her own and squinted skyward, trying to see where it had gone. She had the hand with the Pokeball up at an angle, trying to block the sun from getting into her eyes.

"...Ahhh it's too small, I can't see where it we-"

The Cutiefly fell back down, landing directly onto the Poke Ball Sydney was holding up and activating it. She nearly dropped it as it snapped open and sucked the mite inside, snapping shut again with an audible click. She stared at it dumbfounded while it started shaking around in her hand before finally giving another definite *click* and settling down.

"That was... somethin', alright..." Naomi replied, having watched the scene playout before her. Sydney's Pachirishu had handled herself fairly well. The trainer, on the other hand. It was almost comical watching her catch the wild Cutiefly. She paused, retrieving the cigarette she had started earlier and relit it, before resuming her critique of Sydney's achievment. "I thought ya were honestly gonna choke for a minute there."

"I... I caught it!" Sydney cheered, bursting out into peals of laughter and tackling Naomi in a forceful hug. "I can't believe we did it, that was awesome!" Apparently their previous feud was either forgiven or forgotten in the excitement of the moment. "A Pokemon each, what a day!"

Naomi's body seemed to tense up from the sudden and unexpected hug, the girl losing her cigarette in the grass in the process. A fierce blush managed to quickly run its way to her cheeks, but both her body language and the sudden rush of color managed to go unnoticed by Sydney. Eventually, the older trainer managed to regain her composure just enough to awkwardly pat Sydney on the back.

"Yeah... Pretty amazin'!" she replied, her enthusiasm a bit more phoned in than her fellow trainer's.

"Listen, listen, I'm sorry about before, I don't like not knowing what's going on but I guess it all worked out! Ohhhh, a Cutiefly!" She eventually broke the hug and turned to face Miko. "And you were amazing, that flip, I knew our practice would pay off!" The squirrel preened under the attention, clearly feeling she deserved it.

"But hey, we should head back and get our new catches to the Pokemon Center, right? Then I need to hit the books and learn everything I can about Cutiefly. They're definitely not from Unova, I can tell you that much."

"Yeah, that sounds like a plan," Naomi replied, glancing down at Franky as she spoke. "I'm sure this runt probably wouldn't mind a quick pick-me-up too."

With their catches complete, the duo began to quickly make their way back towards the Pokémon academy. It had definitely been quite the interesting day so far, Naomi was sure of that much. For some reason, the girl had a feeling this was going to quickly become the standard for her here.

21.png
742.png

Spearow And Cutiefly Were Caught!

forg

ba-dum tssss. [icon]coffee-pot[/icon]
Years
YDwE2cr_d.jpg

060MS.png
Pupui The Poliwag

Bag_Poké_Ball_Sprite.png
Bag_Poké_Ball_Sprite.png
Bag_Poké_Ball_Sprite.png
Bag_Poké_Ball_Sprite.png
Bag_Poké_Ball_Sprite.png

DOROTHY ROSELAND

- To... Training? -

Now that Dorothy has a sense of where the cafeteria was, along with some cookies for snacks, she was left with where to go next. With Pupui's endless energy Dorothy might as well take a longer trip... to the nearby town?

Another option that remained in the abyss of her thoughts was battling. She's never been adept at the sport, much less confident or quick enough to react to others. Thus her father would aid her, occasionally lending her tips and advice. He would know - he has a Poliwrath. The two tadpoles shaved off their energy that way. But regardless Dorothy was still a wee bit timid. At this point in time she's sure she'd flee from a trainer battle, and it's mainly due to her lack of experience.

She had to start somewhere, and the open plains on their way to town is their best bet. In fact, why not capture a new friend? Without Poliwrath to keep Pupui on his toes, then who will?

"Pupui, do you wanna tr...," she began, exciting her poliwag, but the thought of fighting in general made her weak in the knees. "...do you want to play rough?" The term began with Mr. Roseland, a way to hype up baby Pupui into training with then Poliwhirl. It grew on to him, basically a vague term meaning anything from training to trainer battles.

And, of course, he caved in to the offer, tail wagging in anticipation.

Breathe in and out. In and out. Rarely does she train or fight with Pupui on her own. Better earlier than later, or else what was the point of coming here? "Let's start heading over to Oak Town and face some Pokémon on the way there?" a suggestion was thrown out, much to Pupui's delight.

With everything already packed they set off on to a thirty minute journey, cell in hand for use as GPS. They weren't the only ones either; many had decided beforehand to embark to Oak Town as well. Some traveled in groups while others journeyed alone. Some were already capturing their future teams, others simply training.

Dorothy wanted to travel on her own, mainly due to wanting to avoid spectators to her training or accidents. She also didn't want somebody or group to think they were being followed, or want anybody to get upset over her slow pace.

Once there was some distance between her and the further soul, whilst looking behind her of course, she started to walk. Pupui joyfully waddled near her side.

Not too long into the journey a wild Pokémon came into view - a purple rat glaring from afar. Dorothy paused at the sight, hands clutching at her bag's string from fear. This was her chance, the time to act. There was a potential opponent ready for Pupui, who had been alternating glances between Dorothy and Rattata in anticipation.

The longer she took contemplating, the harder it was to act. So drawn-out that the wild Pokémon ducked under the safety of the grass and vanished. Pupui puffed in disappointment, having already imagined the rough play.

"They're... gone... that's okay," Dorothy began, a sense of ease returning to her. "We'll find at least one more before we reach town." The thought calmed her conscious, monologuing to herself excuses other than her cowardly flaw. To Pupui's dismay Dorothy repeated this several more times, no closer than she was the first. And it was beginning to annoy him, like a tease.

Poi! he finally vocalized his annoyance after the 9th wild critter she let loose, hoping Dorothy would take a hint. But she did not. "Hm? What is it Pupui?"

Pupui scampered a few feet away. He began to imitate a wild Pokémon, thrashing and whinning. After a few moments of that display he returned. Like Dorothy, Pupui froze and let out a fake gasp, staring at where he once was.

Dorothy knelt to his height, utilizing her brainpower to understand his skit. "Um... you want to play? Over there?" she guessed incorrectly, finger pointing feet away. Pupui sighed at this, proceeding to lay down in a fetal position. "What is-"

Pupui shot straight up upon the sound of an approaching enemy. Sssssssssssseks! "Ah?!" A strong yank coming from her bag sent her straight to the ground, nearly injuring the thief. Stunned, Dorothy lifted her head to discover an Ekans was in the midst of stealing her bag.

The snake dodged Pupui's water gun, successfully snatching the bag away from the slow girl. "W-wait! Stop!" she hollered, leaping into a run. Her partner had long followed, eyes keener than Dorothy's.

A bubblebeam was shot out during pursuit, to which the snake easily dodged but grew peeved. The Ekans ceased their escape, now concentrated on the poliwag. Poli poi! Pupui glanced at Dorothy, awaiting her directions.

This was her chance to fight a wild Pokémon. "O-oh ah... Pupui use... a-ah..." She tripped over her thoughts, mind blanking out. Their opponent saw this as a window of opportunity, slithering towards Pupui.

Poliiiii!! He sidestepped the first attack, still awaiting a response from his trainer. "W-wait! Don't hurt him!" she blurted out, unable to muster out a command. She's always been told what to do, what to say, and now... She's on her own.

She didn't remember what to do.

Despite maneuvering away from the thief, the snake was more adept on land than Pupui. A tail wrapped around the water-type, rendering him useless. Before Pupui could react he let out a cry, bitten. He squirmed and thrashed, but it was futile.

"Oh my god, w-what do I d-do, what- Use Toxic!!" Dorothy thought impulsively, finally recalling what she must do. Pupui didn't hesitate, instantly releasing a stream of purple, toxic liquid right at the snake's face. They writhed in pain, allowing Pupui to scramble his way out. "Oh my-You're okay!"

Enraged, the enemy growled at the tadpole, tail now glowing a dark hue of purple. Dorothy's instincts began to kick in, worried for her companion. But instead of a command, she called out his name. He wanted to evade, but his body easily took a beating from the rapid succession of earlier hits the snake landed on him. "Ice Beam!" It was too late by then, the tail having slammed Pupui to the dirt.

Even then, as his trainer trembled with anguish, Pupui forced out a small, snowy blue sphere. The snake blinked, startled that they were still conscious.

A beam of ice shot from the sphere, sending the snake flying feet away, the bag still clutched tightly. Pupui dashed over to the snake, albeit with a limp and uneven breathing. Dorothy wanted to help and throw herself into the brawl, yet her legs had turned to stone.

Tired of the shenanigans, the thief hissed and prepared their tail for another round. Pupui did a circle around, aiming for the bag clinging on their slender body. He dodged the thief's bite, but didn't realize the poison tail came right after. It came too fast, too sudden, that all he could do was gasp and gawk as the tail decked him on the forehead.

"Pupui!" she shrieked, legs breaking out of their frozen spell. The snake made a run for it, satisfied with its victory and loot.

She fell to her knees, eyes dilated from horror as she took in the image of her unconscious Pupui. Her quivering arms slowly reached down, the memory of the previous moments replaying in her mind.

Dorothy embraced the injured comrade as closely as possible. Tears swelled, irritating her eyes upon his limp body. "I... I-I-I'm so sorry... I, -sniff- I didn't... I messed up. I m-messed up... I messed up," she mumbled in between sobs. She let her forehead gently kiss Pupui's skin, her body trembling from misery.

Soft gusts of wind tickled her spine, easing her into comfort. She remained there for what felt like minutes, undeterred. Jerk-like movements would plague her from moment to moment.

A brawl could be heard in the distance, a pair of bushes shivering in response to its proximity. Dorothy only glanced at it briefly, making sure no other creature approached them.

The sounds of light footsteps were becoming more prominent with every second, but Dorothy had long vanished into a blank mind, locking herself from the outside. They got closer. And closer. And even closer, so close that when they paused, a small cloud of dirt touched Dorothy's cheek.

The unknown entity plopped her bag in front, recognizable from the familiar sound of keys clanking. It was enough to snap Dorothy out of her state, eyes widening upon the sight of her bag.

A sniffle was all she could muster, hands not wanting to let go Pupui in exchange for the bag's safety.

Ty. The young voice had her lifting her head. She flinched at the image of her friendly hero; it was a Tyrogue.

"T-thank you... thank you," Dorothy uttered, grateful for the Pokémon's deed. Bruises littered their pastel purple skin, one of which a typical brown bandage was slapped on their left cheek. Their honey mustard pupils examined the duo, somewhat disappointed by the image.

Tyrogue walked away.
Day 1

Pikamander7

Ace Trainer
Years
Lucas McMillan
Research the Volcano Pokemon (Day 1)

As Lucas neared the Academy grounds, he started heading to the Pokemon Center. Once he got there, he saw a group of three people entering the Pokemon Center. Lucas followed them and waited in line for the Nurse to take his Pokemon. Once she did, Lucas sat down in one of the chairs, thinking about that Pokemon on the volcano. The library will probably know what that was, Lucas thought, eager to learn as much about it as he could so he could defeat it. Soon enough, the Nurse called him over to retrieve his Pokemon, he thanked her, and then he left the Pokemon Center. After checking the map, Lucas started heading to the Library. After a bit, he arrived at the large stone building. Lucas walked in, the smell of books filling the air. He instantly went over to the desk to ask about the volcano Pokemon. "Hi," he said to the lady behind the counter. "Is there a list of all the Pokemon on the island, or of at least the ones in the mountains?" The lady checked a computer, then shook her head. "No, I'm sorry." she said. "Oh, OK." Lucas replied turning around. He decided to go back to his dorm and do some of his own research. Once Lucas got back to his dorm, he opened his laptop. He quickly opened the web browser and did a quick Porysearch. The browser took a bit, then came up with results. Lucas had searched "turtle pokemon at volcano", and found some sites on fossil pokemon, volcanoes and fire types, so he went to images. Volcanoes, Tirtugas, more volcanoes, and BINGO! There it was. The Pokemon. Lucas could never forget that spiky shell and that cannon-like snout. He clicked on the image to go to the website, and he finally learned its name. It was Turtonator, and it was a Fire/Dragon type. He needed to catch it. But Lucas wasn't strong enough to take it on now. He needed to train. Fighting a trainer would get my Pokemon more exp, Lucas thought as he left the dorm once more.

Last edited:
Back