• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Oh so Rare!

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
Years
  • Every Game has its share of Rare Pokemon, Pokemon with low appearance rates that are hard to encounter in the Wild.

Which Pokemon has been the hardest for you to find/catch & in which Game?

Pika Pika :chu:

Spyro

[title=Free 6iv Dittos!][url=https://www.reddit.co
    Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2018
    Chansey in Pokémon Crystal. I only wanted it to trade it for Aerodactyl...

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 19, 2019
    I spent an actual week hunting a Dunsparce in Silver; that Dunce turned out to be a powerhouse. I also spent almost a week hunting for a Skitty in Emerald and I actually found a shiny in the process. :D I never bothered looking for a Chansey in FRLG because knowing my luck I wouldn't ever catch it.

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 19, 2019
    Chimecho in RSE was a real pain to encounter. I've used to spend hours on the top of Mt. Pyre, before I ran into one.

Oh I forgot about that darned thing. I tried that maybe once and then decided against it. Maybe someday now that I have two RSE games, but I think that is one of the worst rare Pokémon.

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
    Years
  • Oh I forgot about that darned thing. I tried that maybe once and then decided against it. Maybe someday now that I have two RSE games, but I think that is one of the worst rare Pokémon.
    Ya, I don't know why it was so rare, always kept running into those annoying Shuppets & Duskulls. I remember having spent almost a week in search of one once, only because I always like completing my Dex. It was so frustrating. And its isn't that good either, which made it worse.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
  • If we're talking individual Pokémon, definitely the super-rare Safari Zone Pokémon from Gen I: Scyther, Pinsir, and Dratini to some extent, but Tauros, Kangaskhan, and of course Chansey were the worst. And even if you encountered one, there was a very good chance that they would run away. >_<

But even those are simple when compared to Hidden Ability hunting. I started doing it about a year ago now, and I still have about thirty left to find. Of these the hardest are Qwilfish, Basculin, and Hippopotas, which, in addition to a number of others like Sentret which I did manage to get my hands on, can only have their abilities if they or a parent was transferred from Gen V(and they can only get these abilities in those games via a method that no longer exists). This likely won't be a problem for Qwilfish much longer though thanks to the Gold and Silver coming to the Virtual Console later this year.

And of course there's Regenerator Mareanie. Anyone who's looked for one knows what I'm talking about. *shudders*

Spyro

[title=Free 6iv Dittos!][url=https://www.reddit.co
    Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2018
    Those god damn Feebas in Emerald, I still have nightmares.

Omg, I caught one in Sapphire once, without knowing how it actually worked. I was just randomly fishing for hours x_x

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • Dratini in FRLG. Man I had a tough time haha, I was really dedicated to getting one of those.
    I've never actually gone after Feebas though.

Years
  • The Feebas in Platinum. I really wanted a Milotic back then, but it was so tricky and tedious to get. I was so happy after I finally caught one and bred the crap out of it.

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
    Years
  • Those god damn Feebas in Emerald, I still have nightmares.
    Omg, I caught one in Sapphire once, without knowing how it actually worked. I was just randomly fishing for hours x_x
    I've never actually gone after Feebas though.
    Trying to catch a Feebas was excruciatingly painful, there are only about 1-6 out of hundreds of water tiles on which they'd appear. You can fish for hours & still not run into one, arrrgh >:(.

Years
  • Cryogonal in Black. I didn't catch one until after having the game for 8 months.

Also, Feebas. I have never been able to find this Pokemon and likely never will due to its ridiculous encounter methods.

Years
  • Oh yes, I totally forgot about this one. I wonder if its encounter rate does increase in Winter, because I had to play the game for days, before I finally ran into one.

5% encounter rate in Winter, if you want to specific. 1% in other seasons, which stinks.

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
    Years
  • 5% encounter rate in Winter, if you want to specific. 1% in other seasons, which stinks.
    Ya, I know that. Its just that I couldn't tell the difference, because it took so long before I finally did encounter one & I'm pretty sure I was hunting for it in Winter.

Back