• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] Max Snorlax

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Apr 24, 2021
    Catch rates for max raid battles are weird. Serebii says that standard G-Max Pokemon have a guaranteed capture rate, but I honestly failed to capture g-max Centiskorch twice before I finally managed to nab it. It also mentions this though:

Each Pokémon has got a specific Catch Rate. If you play Solo without going online, for any standard Max Raid Battle or Gigantamax Raid Battle away from the Special Events will have guaranteed capture.

I'm not sure the validity of the claim that special event raids' capture rates are any different, especially since I've had problems with the aforementioned g-max Pokemon I mentioned. I think your best bet is to go for the Dusk Ball, as long as it's at night, of course. Thank goodness money is so easy to come by in these games, tbh.

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
    Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Catch rates for max raid battles are weird. Serebii says that standard G-Max Pokemon have a guaranteed capture rate, but I honestly failed to capture g-max Centiskorch twice before I finally managed to nab it. It also mentions this though:

I'm not sure the validity of the claim that special event raids' capture rates are any different, especially since I've had problems with the aforementioned g-max Pokemon I mentioned. I think your best bet is to go for the Dusk Ball, as long as it's at night, of course. Thank goodness money is so easy to come by in these games, tbh.

There is an event for G-max Centiskorch going on. It just makes it more common and puts it in more locations. You most likely encountered such a G-Max Centiskorch.

The Best there was

Training To Be The Best
    Years
  • I used a standard Pokeball, caught it it one try... I was the host of the raid which I have found really helps the catch rate.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Apr 24, 2021
    There is an event for G-max Centiskorch going on. It just makes it more common and puts it in more locations. You most likely encountered such a G-Max Centiskorch.

Ohhhh. Well that makes sense, actually. Lol. Weird how it didn't seem to be listed on Serebii's max raid battle event page.

Back