The PokéCommunity Forums Fan Games ROM Hacking
[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

ROM Hacking Need a helping hand? You can get help on any ROM Hacking-related problems or questions you have here.

Closed Thread

Old October 7th, 2012 (2:07 AM). Edited October 7th, 2012 by tamsheel.

For adding extra trainers try a-trainer. That is advanced trainer,and try pokemon amplifier for addind more moves. You can find the tutorials on this site. I have successfully tried both,and it works.have added about 25 extra trainers and 250 moves to my rom. Pet doesnt work,nor does yape.

1.I used a-trainer to get one new trainer inserted.
    2.then just copied its id,changed its sprite to nurse joy,and gave her a chansey and blissey.
    3.next i wrote a trainer script,and put my id i got from a-trainer there.
    4.now just remember.,you put a special command in this trainer script.
    5.i think its in thethethe tutorial.see there is a script called special,which makes your pokemon heal.
    6.i just wrote that script after the trainer script,so that when the line to commence trainer fight is over,the next line starts from the special script line.and that line is executed next,before being released.
    7.compile using pokescript,and check.
    8.make necessary changes using pksvui. Ex.you can put special command lines before,after,before and after both,etc...
    9.in my hack, when you go to a pokemon centre,and talk to nurse joy,she says that you cant get treatment for free.then fight starts,and at the end,irrespective of fight output,she says that my pokemon looks weakend out,let me cure them,the screen fades,comes back and my pokemons are healed. After that she says,do come again sometimes.
    9.i also removed checkflag so that i can go again and again in that pokecentre,and and this nurse joy fights and heal me...

Hope you understood.

1.I used a-trainer to get one new trainer inserted.
    2.then just copied its id,changed its sprite to nurse joy,and gave her a chansey and blissey.
    3.next i wrote a trainer script,and put my id i got from a-trainer there.
    4.now just remember.,you put a special command in this trainer script.
    5.i think its in thethethe tutorial.see there is a script called special,which makes your pokemon heal.
    6.i just wrote that script after the trainer script,so that when the line to commence trainer fight is over,the next line starts from the special script line.and that line is executed next,before being released.
    7.compile using pokescript,and check.
    8.make necessary changes using pksvui. Ex.you can put special command lines before,after,before and after both,etc...
    9.in my hack, when you go to a pokemon centre,and talk to nurse joy,she says that you cant get treatment for free.then fight starts,and at the end,irrespective of fight output,she says that my pokemon looks weakend out,let me cure them,the screen fades,comes back and my pokemons are healed. After that she says,do come again sometimes.
    9.i also removed checkflag so that i can go again and again in that pokecentre,and and this nurse joy fights and heal me...

Hope you understood.
    Old October 7th, 2012 (7:29 AM).
    Actual Mew

Nature: Quiet
      is it possible to make a Hack where you can be Good or Evil and if you can Please tell me How?
      Old October 7th, 2012 (8:13 AM).
      Time for real life...

Nature: Careful
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by mewmasterify View Post
        is it possible to make a Hack where you can be Good or Evil and if you can Please tell me How?
        Yes, I am currently making a hack that is like that. I can't really explain it though, you just need to know a lot about scripting.
        Old October 7th, 2012 (7:17 PM).
        Always Remember Forever&After

Nature: Calm
          how do you change the background in the prof. birch intro for ruby? like in light platinum and silver legend.

+ForeverDash on PC's Battle Server | Pair | VM/PM |Partner In Crime
          Old October 8th, 2012 (2:45 AM). Edited October 8th, 2012 by Sensui.
          Ascend

Nature: Quiet
            I haven't seen this posted anywhere, so I'll just ask: how do you find the X,Y coordinates for HG/SS to put into PPRE?

When I open it, and look at the events, they all take the coordinates from very small units of space. i.e. x-693,y-392

And anything I've used to find the coordinates like say, map editors, it always treats the coordinates as 1 per tile, so I get x-12,y-8.

So when I want to add a Pokemon to interact with into HG, what do I do for it's coordinates? (I know the rest, just not this!)

Okay, update. Through trial and error I found the coordinates are still done as 1 per tile in PPRE and the actual ROM, I had my new overworld appear (y-3) under another sprite and it did just that. But why are the numbers so big, like 600/400? My conclusion is they probably start at a number much higher than 0, because I doubt it's taken from every tile in the game for every coordinate.
            Old October 8th, 2012 (5:31 AM). Edited October 8th, 2012 by LugiaMZ.

Hello everyone, I having a question hope has someone to answer me.

I want to make my hack rom like a animation, for example I taking to a team rocket membars, and suddenly have a earthquake, and moving to a black screen, after that show a Groundon at a lava cave destroying the cave, that's all.

I use warpmuted command to moving the screen to lave cave, but I don't want player ow sprite showing at the map, I tried to use movement command to hide it but need a few time to make it dissapear, have a method to make the hero ow sprite not showing at the lava cave?

Sorry for my bad english hope have someone know what I'm saying

Hello everyone, I having a question hope has someone to answer me.

I want to make my hack rom like a animation, for example I taking to a team rocket membars, and suddenly have a earthquake, and moving to a black screen, after that show a Groundon at a lava cave destroying the cave, that's all.

I use warpmuted command to moving the screen to lave cave, but I don't want player ow sprite showing at the map, I tried to use movement command to hide it but need a few time to make it dissapear, have a method to make the hero ow sprite not showing at the lava cave?

Sorry for my bad english hope have someone know what I'm saying
              Old October 8th, 2012 (11:08 AM).

hi I have one guestion! how can I edit the textbox? by that I mean on this
                textboxv.png
                Old October 8th, 2012 (11:56 AM).
                Pokemon Moon Creator

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Dudlas View Post
                  hi I have one guestion! how can I edit the textbox? by that I mean on this
                  Attachment 66274
                  yes you can
                  in NSE classic one of the bookmarks is text boxes, you can edit them there

And I also have a question:
                  does anybody know if it is possible to remove the nidorino intro
                  if it is could you please tell me how
                  Old October 8th, 2012 (12:50 PM).

How do I get back to the outside of my cave? Every time I exit I end up in the middle of the town instead of outside the cave
                    Old October 8th, 2012 (12:55 PM).
                    Always Remember Forever&After

Nature: Calm
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Rise_of_Darkrai View Post
                      How do I get back to the outside of my cave? Every time I exit I end up in the middle of the town instead of outside the cave
                      you have to do both warps. the one inside and the one outside.

+ForeverDash on PC's Battle Server | Pair | VM/PM |Partner In Crime
                      Old October 8th, 2012 (4:27 PM).

Quote:
                        Originally Posted by PokemonMasters View Post
                        you have to do both warps. the one inside and the one outside.
                        I've done that, everything is linked correctly, but it still doesn't want to work correctly
                        Old October 8th, 2012 (5:28 PM).

I'm currently hacking my first romhack, a pokemon ruby hack, and I Am trying to edit the back in-battle sprite for my character, but whenever i do, it just becomes a horrid, messy, bad pallete, also, i use unLZGBA, and Paint.net for the recoloring, also, I Only use colors from the actual sprite, with the dropper tool. CAN ANYONE HELP ME?!?!?!!?!?!?!?! I Can't find anything for RUBY, But theres tons of programs for fire red, I'm hacking ruby, SO SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!
                          Old October 8th, 2012 (7:53 PM). Edited October 8th, 2012 by dreamengine.

does anyone know how the wild unown forms work? I want to have a hack with like different shellos and stuff. So first it would help to know how different unown forms work

edit: is it possible to somehow make multiple pokemon link back to the same pokedex entry?
                            Old October 9th, 2012 (12:20 PM).
                            Time for real life...

Nature: Careful
                              Quote:
                              Originally Posted by AquaticFlareon View Post
                              I'm currently hacking my first romhack, a pokemon ruby hack, and I Am trying to edit the back in-battle sprite for my character, but whenever i do, it just becomes a horrid, messy, bad pallete, also, i use unLZGBA, and Paint.net for the recoloring, also, I Only use colors from the actual sprite, with the dropper tool. CAN ANYONE HELP ME?!?!?!!?!?!?!?! I Can't find anything for RUBY, But theres tons of programs for fire red, I'm hacking ruby, SO SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!
                              That's because you arn't changing the palette in APE. Here's a link to a video that shows how to do this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGihhXkQOPk
                              Old October 9th, 2012 (7:20 PM).

Quote:
                                Originally Posted by CrystalStatic View Post
                                That's because you arn't changing the palette in APE. Here's a link to a video that shows how to do this:
                                I Did EVERYTHING In that video TO THE LETTER, And it Didn't work, remember, I'm working with ruby, here. if that is universal, Then what the heck? Shouldn't it have worked? also,I Removed the url, because i havent posted 15 or more posts yet
                                Old October 11th, 2012 (3:44 AM).

Alright. First time post here. I am having a few problems but I am pretty sure they are linked to the same cause, I just don't know how to go about fixing it. 1) When you enter cycling road entrance arrows appear between my character. 2) When exiting buildings a portion of my character's head appears at the bottom of the door instead of the arrow. 3) When surfing/flying my character's sprite splits when entering/exiting the surf/fly animation. Any Ideas?
                                  Old October 11th, 2012 (8:31 AM).

Hey all, quick question. I'm using advanced map 1.92 to hack Fire Red. I have 2 sprites in 2 positions on the map (they are not the only sprites). When I run the game to test it they appear in 2 completely different spots. What's the deal?
                                    Old October 11th, 2012 (8:43 AM).
                                    paranormal user

Nature: Gentle
                                      You must erase the levelscript of type 03.
                                      They contain movesprite and thats why..

www.board.romresources.net

;) I'm registered under the name: "Laz0r" there.
                                      Old October 11th, 2012 (8:48 AM).

Quote:
                                        Originally Posted by .parado✗ View Post
                                        You must erase the levelscript of type 03.
                                        They contain movesprite and thats why..
                                        Thank you! Now everything works!
                                        Old October 12th, 2012 (1:11 AM). Edited October 12th, 2012 by Dylanrockin.
                                        That guy

Nature: Timid
                                          I'm having troubles editing Pokemon Trainers, A-Trainer keeps giving me the "Subscript out of range" bs, and PET sometimes wont let me fully edit the Pokemon, and by that I mean it wont let me edit their movesets, and abilities. For example: I hover over the moves that the Pokemon can learn, and the scroll bar does not appear.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

This is the specific problem: Subscript out of range [email protected]
                                          Someone said it had something to do with sprites, first off I disagree, because I ran this on a clean rom, and it did not matter at all.
                                          Old October 12th, 2012 (7:44 AM).
                                          raging-inferno-1986 raging-inferno-1986 is offline

Hi, does anyone know of a Fire Red patch with full decapitalisation (one that includes the scripts)?

Thank you.
                                            Old October 12th, 2012 (8:07 AM).
                                            paranormal user

Nature: Gentle
                                              Only for the german firered on board.romresources.net
                                              But you can easily do it in 3 Steps.
                                              1: Take Amplifier, open the name changer and export the item/pokemon/whatever list.

2:Open Excel or Openoffice and change all letters except the first of each line. In both there is a function for it.

3: Import the list with amplifier and click "patch".

Then you are finished!

www.board.romresources.net

;) I'm registered under the name: "Laz0r" there.
                                              Old October 12th, 2012 (8:43 AM).
                                              Back to ROM hacking. :D

Nature: Adamant
                                                Quote:
                                                Originally Posted by raging-inferno-1986 View Post
                                                Hi, does anyone know of a Fire Red patch with full decapitalisation (one that includes the scripts)?

Thank you.
                                                Look in the Rom Hacking Resources thread, I'm pretty sure somebody posted one a while ago. But doing it yourself doesn't take as long as you would think.

YAPE to decapitalize the pokemon names.
                                                Download "Move Editor" which has an option to decapitalize all the moves for you.
                                                A-text for things such as "RUN" and "FIGHT"
                                                Item editors can easily do the items.
                                                This way you can modify it without the possibility of your work being messed up...
                                                Old October 12th, 2012 (9:50 AM).
                                                PunsAreFun PunsAreFun is offline

Hey all, my friend and I both use emulators to play fire red. They have macs and their speed up maxes out around 200% while my pc version and almost touch 1000%. Is there a way to allow there's to be as fast as mine? What causes the difference?
                                                  Old October 12th, 2012 (9:52 AM).
                                                  Spherical Ice Spherical Ice is online now

Try turning the sound off; not muting it, but turning it off. Though it may depend on your computer's specs etc.

Quick Reply