• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My Stalling Team

Chemist Wooper

AIN'T HOT, M8
Years
  • Hey!
    I'm Chemist Wooper and i present to you,
    MY stall primary team.
    P.S, MY Team is called by SpongeBob Charaters (Sorry Mr.Krabs)
    My Stalling Team

Sandy (Talonflame) (F)
    Ability: Gale Wings
    EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
    Careful Nature
    - Acrobatics
    - Bulk Up
    - Roost
    - Will-O-Wisp

Sandy Cheeks. Vicious and quick just like talonflame. And Like most people i chose acrobatics for gale wings STAB, roost for the gale wing recovery and then will-o-wisp for status, and fnally bulk up for setting up. She mostly would be a late game sweeper in battles.

Onto the wall, literally and figuratively, SpongeBob SquarePants
    My Stalling Team

SpongeBob (Quagsire) (M) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Unaware
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
    Impish Nature
    - Toxic
    - Scald
    - Earthquake
    - Recover

He walls so well that he can eat a grass type salad. Well, actually, no, that would kill him... Well, that doesn't matter but it tanks hits so well and can take on setting up DD users and beat them to a pulp.
    Then For the Patrick, we have a special case but its actually patricia for a soon-to-be explained problem.
    My Stalling Team

Patricia (Chansey) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Natural Cure
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
    Bold Nature
    IVs: 0 Atk
    - Soft-Boiled
    - Seismic Toss
    - Wish
    - Thunder Wave

So there's the problem, Patrick was a Chansey which can only be female. Well, Chansey is supposed to be a soaking up wall but as you can see it doesn't run heal bell or aromatherapy but you eventually see why I don't run it.

Next is the one and only GARY!
    (wait whut didn't mean to do that welp its too late now)
    My Stalling Team

Gary (Jirachi) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Serene Grace
    EVs: 252 HP / 224 SpD / 32 Spe
    Careful Nature
    - Iron Head
    - Stealth Rock
    - U-turn
    - Healing Wish

So yeah,yeah ill be that one guy with Jirachi, well i dun care! You all can suck my stalliness. As you can see its flinchlord set. Just a fairy killer really. Also a last minute healer besides the wishing from chansey.

Next, The Famed Sidekick, Barnacle Boy!
    My Stalling Team

Barnacle Boy (Sableye) (M) @ Sablenite
    Ability: Prankster
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
    Bold Nature
    - Calm Mind
    - Shadow Ball
    - Recover
    - Will-O-Wisp

OF CORUSE SABLEYE-MEGA IS ON THIS TEAM ITS EXPLANATORY! Actually I could have use umbreon, espeon, xatu, absol-mega, and diance-mega.... But Sableye is better because of its defenses in both just full investment along with boosts make it beastly for stall.

Then the LAST!
    MERMAID MAN!
    My Stalling Team

Mermaid Man (Togekiss) (F) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Serene Grace
    Shiny: Yes
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
    Bold Nature
    IVs: 0 Atk
    - Nasty Plot
    - Air Slash
    - Heal Bell
    - Roost

He's a real MVP. NO Joke. He rekted 4 pokemon with only 2 nastyplots and is a cleric too so thats why chans doesn't have it.

Well, Thats It!

NOW!
    HAVE AT, THEEE!

(p.s heres a replay https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-448926147 )

Last edited:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    If you're gonna run a team with Togekiss and Talonflame you need more hazard control than just Mega Sable Magic Bounce. There's probably some way to fit like Excadrill or Starmie onto the team.

Years
    • Age 29
    • he/him/his
    • Seen Feb 8, 2024
    I agree with Nah. Mega Sableye is great, but there are some Stealth Rock setters that force Sableye out, namely Clefable and Diancie, thereby being able to set up SR. Togekiss and more importantly Talonflame simply cannot afford this. I recommend replacing Jirachi with Excadrill.

Excadrill @ Leftovers
    Ability: Mold Breaker
    252 HP/4 Atk/252 SpD
    Careful Nature
    - Earthquake
    - Iron Head
    - Stealth Rock
    - Rapid Spin

Jirachi is a good pivot, but it doesn't pull its weight on this team. While Healing Wish would help in many situations, your most offensively oriented Pokemon would both appreciate Rapid Spin support more.

Years
    • Seen today
    Wait, what the actual hell, I didn't look carefully enough the first time.

Run Defog on Togekiss over Heal Bell and put it on Chansey over Wish. Running Wish and Soft Boiled is not very efficient.

Years
  • nice team.
    i really hate stall teams for some reasons but I can suggest a few things...
    first of all, what i realised while watching the replay is that you're running Leftovers on Chansey, which is kinda useless on it. The preferred item is Eviolite, which gives it 1.5x boost to both it's Defense & Sp. Defense. Then, as 5qwerty said, run Heal Bell over Wish on Chansey. You don't need Wish as 5 of your Pokemon's have recovery move. Change it's EVs to 4HP /252 Def / 252 SpD for much more special bulk, though the current evs helps it to take physical hits much better.
    After that, if you don't mind, change Sableye's Shadow Ball to Dark Pulse. It's just to hit Normal types. It's not necessary if you can handle Mega Loppuny, as it is the only Normal type that I can remember is common in the OU Metagame, and it doesn't takes much from Dark Pulse & OHKO's (maybe) back with High Jump Kick.
    Now that you have two flying types, having a Hazard remover is much more useful compared to Magic Bounce as Pokemons like Mold Breaker Excadrill doesn't cares about it. So change Heal Bell to Defog on Togekiss. If you want, you may also want to run Thunder wave over Nasty Plot as the main key of Togekiss is to get ParaFlinch with Serene Grace Air Slash. If you're going to run it, then change Chansey's Thunderwave to Toxic or something that supports your team.

Years
    • Seen today
    Thanks @everyone I'll improve and heres another replay
    https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-449356603
    Don't complain why i sacked them 4 real doe
    @5qwerty I'll just use rapid spin

None of your Pokémon can learn Rapid Spin. What are you going to replace for Excadrill? Your team is already very non-stall, and I'm assuming that you aren't going to replace Talonflame with Excadrill. Your team already has no switch-ins for a Keldeo, and Excadrill doesn't make it better.

Do you want to show off your wins or do you want us to you advise on your play?

Chemist Wooper

AIN'T HOT, M8
    Years
  • None of your Pokémon can learn Rapid Spin. What are you going to replace for Excadrill? Your team is already very non-stall, and I'm assuming that you aren't going to replace Talonflame with Excadrill. Your team already has no switch-ins for a Keldeo, and Excadrill doesn't make it better.

Do you want to show off your wins or do you want us to you advise on your play?

Ill take out jirachi and thanks

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    ....A possible alternative could be to swap Chansey and Quagsire with Clefable and Starmie. Or even just Quagsire with Starmie. That way you get a spinner that is also a Keldeo switch-in and has Scald, though you lose the Electric immunity.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    I feel Jirachi is the most expendable member here. You should definitely get a Keldeo check and hazard control over it. Stealth Rock can easily be placed on Chansey over Wish which this team doesnt infact particularly need as its got recovery on every single member.

Starmie is a good suggestion i saw above. However because its not really reliable as say Defog, you could even get away with like a crazy Life Orb Recover Scald Psyshock spin set to be more of a threat and make sable and pals think about 15 times even before daring to come in to spin block. That and cos Talon can revenge kill alot there isnt as much pressure on Starmie to be a utility counter to as much stuff either or anything either on this particular semi stalls.

Also im not a fan of bulk up on Talon much prefer wisp leftovers and SD but thats just me lol.

Back