• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Greenlit: Christmas Surprise Trade

Sirfetch’d

This idea has been floating around twitter for a few weeks but what about an article encouraging players who already have the game to send out some good Pokemon for surprise trade on christmas day? A lot of kids will be getting the game and trying out the new features and would have their day made to receive some cool Pokemon. Things that are good for this are version exclusives, the starters, breeding rejects, and of course Delibird!

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    This is a lovely idea! Definitely brings out the Xmas spirit :)

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • +1 I think it's a cute and charitable idea. We could even update the article afterward with examples of what was given away.

I imagine it would be a short article. Any specific ideas on what would be said in it? And did you want to write it, Chase?

Years
  • Bringing the "Wonder" back to "Wonder Trade".... or "Magic" back into "Magical Trade".... I like it.

First and foremost, I believe this article would deserve a list of monsters that would best be sent

• Snom
    • Galar starters/version exclusives
    • Delibird
    • Snover
    • Any pokemon with 5-6 IVs at "Best"
    • Shinies

Extras:
    • Gigantamax Alcremie and Flapple
      They look like desserts​
    • Snom
    • Mew
      For the extremely generous​
    • Galarian Weezing
      The "top hat" they have on them can invoke vibes of Ebenezer Scrooge from "A Christmas Carol" while the green "sludge" can remind others of The Grinch from "How The Grinch Stole Christmas"​
    • Did I forget Snom?

Last edited:

HeroLinik

To this day, he still can't beat Air Man...
    Years
  • I'll be trading 60 of each of the Galar starters. All of them will have at least 5 IVs, their optimal nature, and egg moves.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I guess then the article can have a general summary of the giveaway, and then give some examples of what PC people will be offering to randoms.

Back