• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Unknown writing story

Status
Not open for further replies.

miley810

Assassin
Years
  • I'm going to write this story,their this girl thats nine years old and going to a pokemon school.She's studying unknown writing in one of her classes.One day team galactic broke into the school the girl is going to.They break into the class she's in,and she "just happened" to be in the class studying unknown writing,and they pick a kid (her) to kidnap,the night before they had broke into the teachers house,secretly and looked at the grades to see who was the best at it,and she had had a nametag on her desk.They kidnap her,blindfold her and take her to the secreat hide out there group is staying at.They show her a carving in a cave wall of the unknown writing and tell her to translate.Thats about as far as I got.Heres what I need help with
    1:I need a name for the girl.he story
    2:I need idea's for the story such as
    what the writing might say
    things that happen
    which boss I should use
    where the cave should be at

one other thing I have is one Idea for what the writing might say

I belive a war will come with in the next 500 years between pokemon and and man
    I have many resorces,but you will have to find and translate my other unknown writings to know them I have a hidden one in a grave yard at snow point city but not a normal one.It will say where the next one is and more.Heres your riddle/clue: Where do u make berry (I know I spelt that wrong) something you can't show your face?This place has so many coverings little snow can get threw.

Trikal year 1500

P.S. My name is Trikal and I am a girl

they want to find the other writings so that they can learn about the war to win it,but turn against the other humans to,she hates that she has to help them.

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
  • Before we get far, I'm curious. Why do they kidnap a nine-year-old girl who's only studying the Unown alphabet instead of the teacher or an expert at Unown carvings? I mean, I know you're trying to create a story where you can relate to the main character, but it just seems weird that Team Galactic would rely on the skills of a child who's just learning the alphabet instead of an adult who's been studying it for years.

Beyond that...

2:I need idea's for the story such as
    what the writing might say
    things that happen
    which boss I should use
    where the cave should be at

These are all things that are probably better decided by you because they'll all be major to your story. If we give you these suggestions, it'll be more our story instead of yours, if that makes sense. Or, in shorter terms, you'll really want to work on this yourself because otherwise, we'd be writing the story for you, which would only hurt you in the long run. (Because, well, you'll need to figure out how to build on those ideas later on, and if you can't come up with the basics, you'll probably find it harder to come up with what else should be in your story.)

However, looking over the idea you've got already (the Pokémon vs. human war), that might work with a bit more planning. For example, how do they know that this particular year is the year that the war will happen? What leads up to the war? Are there minor fights that get worse between Pokémon and people? How does Team Galactic attempt to turn the war against the humans, and how do they manage to get Pokémon on their side?

Basically speaking, whenever you try to come up with a plot, try to ask yourself a lot of questions about absolutely everything you come up with for an idea. That'll help you build more around what you've got until you eventually produce something you can work with.

Hope that helps a little!

miley810

Assassin
    Years
  • thanks,well they figure that there will be less fuss if its only a 9 year old girl,and they find out all experts are heavly gaurded,so they deside to go with the less gaurded.
    As for the pokemon/man war,when they have some of the same questions.They understand more every time they find a new writing.I just want some idea's,cause when I read other people's idea's it gives me diffrent idea's.I'm not very good at writing or coming up with full idea's and this is just face one:getting the plot found oeut.Trikal doesn't know who's ganna read the writings but was supposingly hoping that somebody on the good side would read it.Well trikal noticed a war long ago that was only stopped by Ho-oh,after a year of fighting,and yes minnor fights will be done.They may or may not get pokemon on there side its still at the first stage like I said.

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
  • thanks,well they figure that there will be less fuss if its only a 9 year old girl,and they find out all experts are heavly gaurded,so they deside to go with the less gaurded.

There's a few things to keep in mind here. Usually, children are a pretty big deal (even in the Pokémon world), so if a nine-year-old suddenly disappears, you'll probably be looking at the authorities using as much of their resources as possible to find her. This goes especially if it's made clear that Team Galactic kidnapped her.

With an adult, you might actually find it's a little bit easier, depending on who the adult is. Most professors don't really have body guards or security hovering around them at all times, and in the Pokémon canon, it's not unusual to have an adult nutcase Pokémon expert living by himself, away from other people. (*walks away, whistling at the fangirl reference*) So, with some experts in that world, it might not be all that unusual if people don't hear from them for a long time, and sometimes, it doesn't take much to ambush them, take out their defenses, and drag them off. (This goes especially if Team Galactic plans things out well, which they usually do.)

As for the part about not being able to come up with ideas that well, I wouldn't underestimate yourself that much. It looks like you've got the root of one that could work (if you can figure out a really good reason for why they decided to use a nine-year-old) already. (Though I have to ask, if they don't know about the war before deciphering the writing, why are they looking at it?) Considering that, I'd say go with the "ask yourself a lot of questions" strategy. The way you fix any weakness you have is just by facing it head-on. In this case, that would mean not only realizing what you can improve on (creativity) but also doing creative exercises whenever you can. That way, you can build up your skills and eventually get to the point where you can think of ways to come up with ideas when you're in the third chapter of your story. Know what I'm saying?

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    So, with some experts in that world, it might not be all that unusual if people don't hear from them for a long time, and sometimes, it doesn't take much to ambush them, take out their defenses, and drag them off. (This goes especially if Team Galactic plans things out well, which they usually do.)

*sniffsniff* This right here would make for some good plot.

Also, as to what boss to use, you might want to consider a few things first:

1. The personality that the boss has compared to how you want them to treat the girl/hostage
    2. Which boss themselves would have the most or have the probability of having the most understanding of the language themselves. That is, so that they will know if their hostage tries to lie to them and say that it means something completely different.

Also, by "unknown" do you mean the pokemon? Because if so, it spelled "unown"

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen May 6, 2024
    If you would like a hint as to which boss you could use, look up the characters of Team Galactic. Off the top of my head, there's Mars, Jupiter, and Saturn. Check out their personalities and maybe one of them is the kind to steal small children. This topic... :(

Also, think about Team Galactic's goals, and how the powers of the Unown will help them achieve those goals. I mean, the Unown have the power of creating alternate "realities". How could that help Team Galactic's plans?

Isn't there a cave where you can catch the Unown in Sinnoh? It's been a long time since I've looked at a map of Sinnoh, but I swear there are ruins there where you can catch the Unown. Makes sense to have the cave there, since you want to keep the story in Sinnoh (with Snowpoint City and Team Galactic).

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Isn't there a cave where you can catch the Unown in Sinnoh? It's been a long time since I've looked at a map of Sinnoh, but I swear there are ruins there where you can catch the Unown. Makes sense to have the cave there, since you want to keep the story in Sinnoh (with Snowpoint City and Team Galactic).
    Yes, there are some ruins with all the Unown in them in Sinnoh. (Plus an extra room which you can access after getting all the letter ones with two additional ! and ? Unown in them too!)

miley810

Assassin
    Years
  • well valentine I think that I might have something for u.I'm posting a part of my first chapter to help cause my computer messed up and it erased my original reply.

(place:The unown cave in the sinnoh)

Please note that if the boss (Mars) seems out of its cause I don't know much about her (or anybody from team galactic) and please tell me if I make her to diffrent)

Hey boss I think I found something!Said one girl team galactic grunt.
    The red haired team galactic boss Mars walked near the girl grunt.Perfect,unown writing,how are we supost to use this?Said Mars.
    Well maybe we could kidnap someone who knows how to read unown writing?Sudjusted the girl grunt.Quiet I'm thanking!Said Mars.We can kidnap someone who knows how to read unown writing!Your brilliant!Said one of the boy grunts.The girl grunt looked at him.But....Lewis!What Mranda?Mranda looked at Lewis then Mars who was looking at the unown writing.Ugg never mind!One more girl grunt stepped out of the darkness.How are we supost to find out who knows itr?She asked.Well I know theres a pokemon school over in veilstone city (I know there isn't just pretend like there is) that teaches unknown writing,all the big people who know it are probley heavaly gaurded.Said Lewis.Maybe we should cause some cayaus for good measure,u know,to get the police busy.Said Mranda.Perfect.Said Mars.

In veilstone city:

9 year old Aleka was getting on her laptop chatting with her friends Maryann and Oliver on her laptop threw video chat.I found something strange ingraved in the ground today.I took a picture of it.It looks like unown writing.Aleka your the best at it,why don't u try to crack the code.Said Maryann.Okay.Replyed Aleka,show me the picture.Maryann held up a picture that showed a bunch of unown ingraved in a sidewalk.Thats unown writing all right it looks like it says.....beware,the time to fight will be a hard time.U must get as much pokemon on your side before time runs out.Said Aleka.I wonder what that means,said Oliver.Then Marryann said "The time fight,aleka r u sure ur reading that right right?Positive.Said Aleka,Well its 5 minuites till 12 I better get to bed.

On Monday:

Team Galactic was invading City hall,grabing anything and everything that might be valubale.Well part of team galactic.Another part was waiting quietly in the nearby woods,waiting and listening.Then when they saw 30 police motercycles pass by,they snuck there way to the path from Aleka's house to the school.Then Aleka,Oliver,and Maryann walked down the path.Did u hear thoes police sirens?Asked Maryann.Who didn't hear them?.Replyed Aleka.All of the suden sleeping powder filled the path.Once the kids fell to the ground,team galactic jumped out from the tops of trees and grabed them,than ran towards the woods.

Last night:
    (place:Unown writing teachers house)

Team galactic picked the lock on the door and snuck into the teachers house.They found a desk in a spare room made to look like a office.they looked threw a binder which had been marked Student grades,flipped to a random page,and found a strait A student and left the house,and relocked the door.One have them had stole the picture of Aleka.

Present time:

When team galactic had found the mean place,a air craft desised as tree tops landed and all the team galactic grunts (the ones from city hall went there unnoticed) got on the aircraft and they flew away back to a secret hideout.You better have plesent news.Said Mars when they got off the ship,not seeing the kids.Then three grunts carelessly draged the kids out of the air craft and laid them on the floor.We succeded,said one girl grunt,and managed to get some loot from city hall,as well as the kids.Kids?!Excalmed Mars,I told u to get me one kid,the one kid,the strait A student!Well there were to kids with her,and we were afraid they might know how to affect our plans.Said Lewis.Well,I guess we'll keep the two of the hostage as well,use them to make the girl talk.

I hope that helped if not than tell me what I left out.Thanks!:) I hope you enjoyed the story!

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    Uhm, not to be rude, that is kind of an eyesore. In between paragraphs double tap enter, because their is no indent function on PC.

Also, don't forget to use quotes around dialog. Another thing is that you have to make a new line if another person talks. The first word in someone's line of speech is always capitalized.

EX: Sally said, "Hi, how are you?"

"I'm doing just fine," replied Bob.

As for the articles "a"/"an" you use "an" before words that start with vowels, and "a" before words that don't.

EX: An airship, an orange, an elephant.

A bird, a rock, a desk.

As for commas, you would do best to put a space after them.

As a final suggestion, run your posts through a spell/grammar check, or adopt a beta reader(if that is still around?).

EDIT:

Oh, and this: Don't just make a "subtitle-ish" thing to describe the setting. By that I mean when you write things like:

In veilstone city:, Last night: (place:Unown writing teachers house), etc.

That is kind of lazy writing. You will actually want to write that in the narrative.

It was a nice, sunny day in Veilstone city. Yet, instead of playing outside, nine year old Aleka was sitting inside on her laptop.
    Or something akin to that.

Never ever use "text talk" in your story. Don't shorten words like "through" to "threw" because they denote two different things. Don't use "U" in place of "you" or "R" in place of "are/our". The only time this is acceptable is when they are actually texting or using some for communication other than talking.

Last edited:

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
  • It also still doesn't quite resolve the problem about why Galactic went for a nine-year-old instead of an adult expert. ._. I mean, Galactic broke into the teacher's house, so it doesn't seem like they have any problems getting around any defenses that teacher might have had. Considering this, it might've been easier just to kidnap the teacher himself. Sure, they'd be dealing with the authorities at that point, but then again, the police would probably launch an even bigger hunt for them if they kidnapped a child. (I mean, it's a defenseless child, so they'd probably use everything they've got to get that kid back. With an adult, they'll devote time and energy, sure, but they'll still assume that the teacher can fight back.)

Other than that, I have to agree with Narcissus Secret. Not to offend you, but it's just really difficult to get through your work because there's so many errors. We do have the Beta Thread for beta readers, but since it's so active, it might be a good idea to just ask anyone who writes well to see if they'll take you on as a client and help you get your work cleaned up. Once you do that, it'll be easier to figure out what you're trying to say and imagine what's going on.

As for Mars, she wasn't that bad, but it's hard to really tell if she's in-character because you don't really have her doing much that would separate her from a generic villain. If you're ever a little unsure about how to use some of the canon characters, though, don't be afraid to look things up. Maybe even rewatch some gameplay or even Galactic-related episodes. It's always a good idea to brush up a little, if only to get yourself a little more confident about writing canon characters.

Also...

(I know there isn't just pretend like there is)
    (the ones from city hall went there unnoticed)

Don't do things like this. The first one is bad because it reminds readers that they're reading a fanfic. A good fanfic writer will be able to add things to canon without making people question you about them. For example, instead of saying in an author's note, "Just pretend there's a Pokémon school here," a good writer will have the narration (stuff outside quotation marks) just mention that there's a Pokémon school there and be done with it.

For that matter, don't be afraid to let the narration tell some of the story. A lot of your fic is heavily reliant on what people are saying to each other, so you don't have much action or backstory. (One line of action does not sufficient narration make.) Try to remember that you'll want to describe enough so that a reader can go through your work and visualize what's going on -- as in, you'll want to describe the slightest hand gesture, how characters are sitting, what they might be hearing, that sort of thing. On top of that, narration can also let you give the reader facts that you might not be able to get across via the dialogue. (For example, you could describe the school this way -- what it's for and any other important things to know about it, namely.)

As for the second quote, it just points out a plot hole. How did a bunch of Galactic members who were stirring up trouble in the city hall in broad daylight (assuming this from the fact that nine-year-olds are still walking home) get back to the aircraft unnoticed? Be careful and think through what's going on in your story with as much attention to detail as possible. Do not just sit down and write a story in five minutes on the board. Take your time and think about all of the details you're adding to the story.

I'm not sure if that helps, but hopefully, it should point you in the right direction. Basically, all you need to take away from this post is that you should work a little bit slower, think things through carefully, and check your work. Yeah, sounds a lot like homework, but you'll definitely produce better writing if you go through a process like this.

Last edited:

miley810

Assassin
    Years
  • Sorry guys I would have replied sooner but...I sorta forgot about pc,I had some person problems to deal with.Okay......When you read this keep in mind I don't mean ANY of this in a bad way.I think I'll start with Narcissus Secret.I am still having problems with grammer and stuff so the a/an stuff is included in that.Keep in mind I am 11 years old and still have trouble with things like that.The only person I know who could proof read it for me and stuff is a little lazy but I'll try to get her to do it for me.I usully try to remember to capatlize but it must have slipped my mind a few times.I've ALWAYS had trouble rembering "'s so I'm sorry please bear with me.I don't mean to use "text talk" but its a force of habit.By the way the girl's name is Aleka,like u said,thank god its spelled right.I don't usuly change through to threw,did I this time?I think that covers everything on your post,if not tell me in ur next,if not tell me in your next and I'll cover it all.Now to JX Valentine's post.I've tried every way to explain why they chose a 9 year old girl instide of someone else.I decided when they broke into the teacher's house,the teacher herself wasn't there.Nobody was.If you read my reply to Narciss I explained about the proof reading.I'll look at thoes links in a bit,I'm sure they'll help.I didn't know about the () marks so thank you.I'll just metion the school then,I just was trying to escape people saying that,but I guess thats something a writer has to take,people questioning them.I'll try to have more action and backstory in it,I'm a writer in training,not a good one at that so its hard to remember.Also about the kiddnaping,if what I said doen't help,do you have any idea's on how that could happen?I know it seems like I'm letting you write the story there,I just need some ideas.I can
    visualize what I write just fine but I guess thats because I'm the one with the idea in the first place.
    All the police were worried about the ones still inside,I forgot to mention that sorry.They don't notice the ones escaping and such,and some are in discises.I think that covers everything,if not please do what I asked Narcissus to do.Thanks for the info and everything :) and I hope your not getting mad at me or anything.If you are sorry.

Don't worry readers,not that there seems to be but one or two,the next part of my story will soon be on its way.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen May 6, 2024
    If you want someone to help you go over your story, I'd be willing to help you a bit. Or you could ask for a beta reader in the thread we have here, and hopefully someone will help you out.

Don't worry about being a "writer in training". We all were (and are!), and we're willing to help you out. So don't be afraid to ask questions.

As for the grammar rules, take your time writing. When you've finished writing the chapter, read it over a few times to spot the mistakes that you might have made. After that, your beta reader can help you out with whatever mistakes you might have made.

Quick note, but you should hit the space bar after every your punctuation marks (full stops, question marks, things of that nature). I had a problem reading your post because your sentences were beginning to run together.

miley810

Assassin
    Years
  • Okay thanks Astinus I'll run them by you then.I'm working on getting it out but I have so many ideas for the next part it is hard to deside what happens next. I'll try to work on the spacebar thing when I get my next story out.:)

miley810

Assassin
    Years
  • Sorry everybody I' having trouble staying conected on the story,I'm getting dicouraged.Heres a sneak peak,I need something new posted I feel like.

*MIley wakes up*
    Oliver?Maryann?Said Aleka.

*big black flash*

Maybe I should trick them,probley would work out well.Thought Miley.

*big black flash*

What do we do,about this war?What about our old project?Said Mars.
    *big black flash*

Where is this place supost to be?*quotes from letters* Said Mars to Aleka*
    I don't know,I didn't study clues,just ruins.Replied Miley.
    I think your lieing.Said Lewis.
    I think she's not.Said Mranda.
    Defending the enemy are you?Asked Lewis.
    No,I just think shes a 9 year old,probley doesn't know too much about that stuff.Replied Mranda.
    Mranda and Lewis start fighting.
    Quiet!I think I heard foot steps!Said Mars quietly/yellingly.

What do you guys think?

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen May 6, 2024
    I'm going to give quick advice right now that's not too focused on grammar. (After going over grammar for an hour at work, I'm kind of done for the night.)

First, what's a "big black flash"? I thought that it was part of the story, like a big black flash happened around the characters. But after reading over the part again, it's almost as if the big black flash is a screen wipe like in movies.

You're missing quotation marks. Quotation marks go around dialogue. So this
    I don't know,I didn't study clues,just ruins.Replied Miley.
    I think your lieing.Said Lewis.
    I think she's not.Said Mranda.
    becomes...

"I don't know,I didn't study clues,just ruins." Replied Miley.
    "I think your lieing." Said Lewis.
    "I think she's not." Said Mranda.

Also, don't forget those spaces! It's not too bad to read now because the paragraphs are short, but make sure to remember the spaces after punctuation marks so that it becomes a habit.

Said Mars quietly/yellingly.
    A hint: there are a lot of dialogue tags to use. Instead of relying on "said", "replied", and "asked", use different ones. Here, you could try "hissed", which gets the harshness of yelling but is also quiet.

Or you could not use dialogue tags. You could use narration to get across how the dialogue was said. For example:

"I think you're lying." Lewis glared at the child.

Where are you typing this, by the way? Do you type the parts right onto PC? Or do you have a program on your computer you could use?

I don't want to go through everything I could for this part. The reason is that you are improving, and taking time to go through things slow instead of expecting you to fix everything at once would definitely make you feel discouraged. So take your time writing, keep asking question, keep practicing. Because as I said, you are getting better.

miley810

Assassin
    Years
  • Dang it I did for get the " marks again!The flashes,the last one is around the charecters,the others are just like you'd see on cemercials,Idk why I added them.I have word pad,but my computer doesn't copy and paste well,its a slow computer some times,and it like freezes for two minuites when I copy and paste.I think I should use diaglog tags,I knew there was something else to put where I put "quietly/yellingly" so thanks.If you've been doing grammer for that long,I don't blame you.I'll get my next version up soon,I just don't want them to close it,like has happened alot.

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
  • Asty's covered grammar pretty well, but all I have to say is switch to Microsoft Word, Open Office, something better than Wordpad. That way, it's easier to do things like spell check if you need to.

You also really, really need to put spaces between your punctuation marks. Most marks, like the period and comma, actually need spaces after them to separate one word from another. (Yes, you are technically merging words together if you don't put a space between the mark and the next word.) I'd hate to be blunt, but I know this is something that the author has to do themselves. Wordpad has a lot of quirks when it comes to copying and pasting, but removing spaces between words isn't one of them. Additionally, again, I'd hate to be blunt, but it's extremely difficult for me to read writing that isn't spaced properly. That includes responses.

With that said...

Keep in mind I am 11 years old and still have trouble with things like that.

Please don't bring up your age. It's actually a pet peeve of mine, especially since some of our best writers (such as Citrinin and Giratina) were only thirteen when they started posting their fic. This is actually more encouragement than criticism, but don't think that you can't do something because you're only eleven. You can; it's just that you need to be taught how, which we'll cover.

The only person I know who could proof read it for me and stuff is a little lazy

Get a better beta reader. If you can't find someone there, ask around the forum to find someone who isn't lazy. There's a lot of people who would be willing to help you.

I don't mean to use "text talk" but its a force of habit.

Tip: Break yourself from this habit. On forum posts and in chatrooms, don't use text talk. Instead, write things out normally. Yes, this takes a little more time, but it'll improve your vocabulary and grammatical skills greatly.

I've tried every way to explain why they chose a 9 year old girl instide of someone else.I decided when they broke into the teacher's house,the teacher herself wasn't there.Nobody was.

You didn't actually mention this within the story, however, and it still doesn't quite make sense to me. Why didn't they simply come back or stalk the teacher? They've just learned that it's easy to break into that house when it should have been the most guarded (because normally, people put up alarms whenever they're away to avoid being robbed while they're not even around to defend their homes). So, they could have easily had someone figure out when she would be home (by watching her) and grabbed her then. Alternatively, since they're already inside, they could have waited and grabbed her as soon as she walked in the door.

With kidnapping a nine-year-old, they're kidnapping someone who isn't even an expert in the subject. Sure, she's the highest scoring student, but that doesn't mean she knows everything. Considering she's nine, this could mean she's good at easier exercises. (For example, the math you'd teach to a nine-year-old is usually simpler than the math a nineteen-year-old would learn.) So, she might be able to translate things like "My name is Aleka," but Team Galactic has no way of knowing whether or not she can translate long, complicated passages. They have better chances with the teacher or someone who's actually more of an expert in the field (like a college professor or an ancient linguist).

If you read my reply to Narciss I explained about the proof reading.

Yes, get a better beta.

Also about the kiddnaping,if what I said doen't help,do you have any idea's on how that could happen?

With all character actions, you'll need to think hard about what the characters would do. In order to do this, you'll need to know the characters themselves -- what they're like, how they think, that sort of thing. In other words, for canon characters (the ones in the show, games, et cetera), you'll need to look things up and refresh your memory about them. Pay attention to what they do and how they act towards other characters. With original characters (characters you create yourself), you'll need to think hard about what their personalities are like and what their routines and habits are. Once you've got a good idea how characters act, figuring out what they'll do inside your story shouldn't be too difficult.

With that being said, Team Galactic is extremely organized when it comes to their evil plans and whatnot. They would have had things planned carefully so that they can grab what they need with as little fuss and commotion as possible. While they might use distractions, they probably wouldn't want people to connect disturbances with them. So, they'd probably have someone watching the teacher, first off, to scout out important information so they don't end up breaking into her home whenever she's not there. Second, they'd send only enough people to get her -- no more and no less. There probably wouldn't need to be a distraction, depending on how it's done. (She's only one person, after all. They could very well send a handful of people armed to the teeth with Pokémon and have just that do the job. Alternatively, also remember that they're a rather high-tech and violent organization, so perhaps a solution is there.)

Keep asking yourself questions about your characters and plotlines, and you should be able to add more and more to your plot. If you can ask yourself a question about the plot itself (like "Why would they need a huge distraction?"), chances are, you've got a plot hole.

All the police were worried about the ones still inside,I forgot to mention that sorry.

Still doesn't explain how anyone managed to get out of the building in broad daylight. ._. Because it's city hall, chances are, police would work quickly to get that place well-guarded (to prevent anyone from escaping through pretty much any exit without being checked).

As for your next part...

I'm not sure what you mean by the black flashes either. I've never seen any commercials with something like that, so I'm still in the dark, no pun intended. Point is, be very careful. If something is too vague, this will just confuse the reader, not prompt them to figure it out themselves.

*quotes from letters*

Do not do things like this. You can do it in normal posts because it's understood that you're the one doing the action, but in writing, you have to write out the full sentence. Instead of something like this, write, "Mars quoted from the letter."

Also, remember that once you choose a tense (past tense, present, whatever), you'll want to stick with that same tense. For example, you use past tense in some sentences (like when you say "Mars said"), but in others, you use present (like when you say "Mranda and Lewis start fighting"). It's neater and makes the timeline clearer to the reader if you just remember to read over your work and stick to one tense or the other.

And yes, even if you think you're terrible at grammar, you've got to read over your work yourself before you even send it to your beta reader. The reason why is because you can fix some of the simpler mistakes right off the bat. For example, if you knew that you're supposed to add quotation marks, reading over your work yourself (a few hours after you finish writing a chapter) can help you fix things like that.

quietly/yellingly

Also, don't do this. Combining words with a slash just makes it look like you were indecisive about how things went. Not only that, but "quietly" and "yellingly" are complete opposites, so this ends up confusing the reader as well.

Overall, here's a tip: put your work on pause and read a lot. Pick up a bunch of books, a bunch of fics, anything you can get your hands on. Look at how they do things, how they describe actions and treat characters. Someone else's writing can be a valuable learning tool for you, and it seems like you're the kind of person who would find it easier if you had a few good examples to help you figure things out.

miley810

Assassin
    Years
  • Well,I forgot the spaces again sorry.I'm also sorry about the age being brought up,I was frustrainted. I believe Astinus is my proof reader now,he seems to do a good job.My "lazy reader" will still get it, cause shes my couson, she'll be able to help also.I'm trying to break that habit of using "text talk" its sometime hard though. Team Galactic did not think about going back okay! It there boss's orders just to get it done as soon as possible! I know I forgot to mention a few things in the story, I'm re-looking over the story. Now,in the next part of the story,I promise you should find a explation for the whole "kiddnaping a 9 year old girl" problem , which includes the expert problem and stuff. I'm going to try to do a lot of pokemon stuff today,where I can refresh my memory on things. Now ,the whole breaking into the house thing, it will be explaned in the new version, but they disabled the security alarm,the teacher doesn't have the best one. They had everything going on at city hall so they'd have no extra police around the school. Make sence now? The flashes, just forget them, exept the last one, which realy happens in the story, I can't tell you why, cause it would ruin the story, but you'll soon fine out why. It wasn't broad day light, it was getting darkish, they took the long way home, plus there path was kind of foresty. The new version will be much more detailed, so you'll understand better. I think I get what you mean. When I put "quietly/yellingly I ment it more like hissed. I do read alot, I don't have that many books availble, I wish I did, I try to read a lot. I'm not a big fan fic reader, just a big fan fic writer,but I'll try.I think I covered everything, and if I didn't told you I would have your awnsers in the fic, I'm positive I"ll get you some awnsers this time.I hope you continue to help me,and thanks for what you have done.

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
  • Team Galactic did not think about going back okay! It there boss's orders just to get it done as soon as possible!

The boss would have planned things out so that they'd break into the house and come out with exactly what they were sent to get, though. =/ Just look at how the evil teams in canon (even Team Rocket) is very careful to plan when and how they strike so they can get exactly what they want. (The only problem with their plans, really, is the fact that Ash Ketchum is a magical anti-evil charm.) They usually have agents scouting out areas they'll strike before the attack happens, and when they do, they use all of their resources to focus on getting that one object or person. It's really more of a waste to break in at the wrong time and then just go and kidnap a little girl instead of an expert, really.

Now ,the whole breaking into the house thing, it will be explaned in the new version, but they disabled the security alarm,the teacher doesn't have the best one. They had everything going on at city hall so they'd have no extra police around the school. Make sence now?

The reason why I brought up those points, though, is the fact that while the overall concepts could work (except the nine-year-old versus the expert thing), the way it's done will need a lot more support. For example, yes, they broke into the teacher's house. That just means they know that they can do it and strike her when she least expects it. However, this doesn't explain why they couldn't have sent in someone to scout out the property first and maybe follow the teacher to figure out when she'd be home. As in, sure, you've created a weak defense around her, but the point wasn't whether or not they could break in and kidnap her but rather why they didn't.

As for city hall, sure, they're using that as a distraction, but the whole point was that the Team Galactic members who were at city hall probably wouldn't be able to escape because they'd be captured. This means Galactic would waste more resources and manpower to create a decoy while another group follows orders that weren't really backed up by a lot of planning.

More than that, I can't imagine why they would expect police to be at the school itself, considering the fact that they struck the teacher's home instead. Besides, schools don't generally need a lot of actual police on campus unless they're a college campus or in a particularly bad neighborhood. So... the attack on city hall wouldn't probably be necessary.

So, yeah. Basically, what I'm saying is a lot of the problem here hinges on the fact that Team Galactic didn't quite seem to plan things out all the way. They're using a lot of resources, but they made the basic mistake of striking when their target wasn't even in the location she should have been. This creates what's known as a plot hole, or a part of a story that seems to need a lot of explanation to a reader because it just doesn't really make that much sense. It does this because Team Galactic -- in the anime, games, and everything else -- would have planned things thoroughly enough to know when and where to strike in order to kidnap the teacher herself and not a nine-year-old substitute.

Now, as I've said, there's just a lot of problems with kidnapping a nine-year-old. There's, for example, the fact that the police would be more concerned with finding her than with finding an adult. There's the fact that she just wouldn't know as much as an expert. She might even be harder to handle than an adult because she might be a little more unpredictable. If you can find a good reason for why she's your main character, you can have a nine-year-old main character. I just don't think she'd work as Team Galactic's target. (As in, if she was accidentally picked up or picked up for any other reason besides being Galactic's key translator, that's one thing, but I really don't think they would go out of their way to kidnap her to force her to serve as the key expert in their plans.)

It wasn't broad day light, it was getting darkish,

If the sun is still up, it's still daylight. So, the point about Team Galactic striking city hall when people could see them actually would still stand.

I do read alot, I don't have that many books availble,

You can find a lot of websites like these via Google. I would suggest starting there, if not simply your local library, and then trying to search for titles. Sometimes, you'll find an online version.

miley810

Assassin
    Years
  • Okay,I'm ganna make sepret parts of them message, like your appered,where you understand what is what

The boss thought it was a good idea back then,he planned it out, but didn't see problem with it. If you remember right, the had some top secret stuff going on, so they had a lot of there memebers scouting other places. You haven't seen the whole plan of team galactic yet though, you'll understand when I get the next part out, which I believe should be either later today, or sometime tommarow.

Okay, I'll explain more detailed about the teacher now,the best I can without giving the whole thing away. The teacher didn't plan to be away ,and team galactic thought she would be there, but when she disappered, they didn't want to put off the whole opperation, so they did it a diffrent way, you'll know more in the next part of my story.

Okay,fine,you win,the ones at city hall get captured.They have back up people though,so there not too worried about that.

Sorry,I was getting confused in my own story,so many idea's in my head.They wanted the police destacted,so when they went to the road the kids were at,there was no chance the police could be doing there daily rounds around there,cause in real life police go around town patroling.

I can't give any better awnser on why they attacked city hall,they did it where the police would be too distracted trying to keep everything and body there safe intid of patroling,they didn't want police popping up when they were kidnapping.

They thought they planned things threwly enogh,but things didn't turn out exactly how they planned.
    The teacher wasn't home,they had planned to kidnap a student and kid,the kid helping and being like a brivery,they would do something to the kid if the teacher didn't do as planned,so they have the kid try to translate while they plan what to do about not having someone more taught on the subject of unown writing.I would have made her older,but I need her to be younger than the age of a pokemon trainer,where she can't fight back,theres more to it than that,but I'm not giving the whole story yet.

The sun was starting to set,there road is foresty,so I put them up in the trees,so it would be harder to see them.

Sorry I acedently hit post earlyer than I ment to,I am cerrently reading the "Anne of" serise,and I don't like reading to books at once,I don't want to get what happened in what book mixed up.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back