• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sword and Shield OU Tournament

Sirfetch’d

Event

Introduction: Welcome to PC's 2nd Sword and Shield OU Tournament!

About: This will be the second Sword and Shield OU Tournament held on PokéCommunity, but the first one following the recent ban of Dracovish. This will be the final tournament before the release of the much anticipated DLC that will bring along a ton of new Pokémon and will without a doubt shake up the metagame immensely.

Rules: Here are a few things to keep in mind if you plan on participating.

1. All battles will be held on our official battle server. Click here to be redirected to the server.
    2. All battles should be held in the [Gen 8] OU format.
    3. All matchups are best of three. Battle replays must be saved & posted in this thread.
    4. The only prize you'll receive is bragging rights until the next tournament.

Conclusion: That's it! If you're interested in joining, comment below with "in," or some variation of that. The tournament will begin when there are at least 8 participants, or as soon as five days have passed. Happy battling!

Entrants:

1. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    2. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    3. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    4. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    5. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    6. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    7. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    8. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

CSS template credit goes to Achromatic

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    One shall partake.

Im rusty and probably more stuffs been released since i last played in Feb lmao. :x

faf

[b][color=#1acc14]Queen of Dragons[/color][/b]
    Years
  • Hey, I have a few questions:
    1. Are you allowed to change teams in between the bo3 and/or the entire tournament or is it same teams all the time?
    2. Can other people help build/rate a team you have built before battling with it or should teams just be built only by the participant?

Sirfetch’d

You can change your team as much as you'd like at any point in the tournament as long as it fits within OU's rules. Sometimes changing a team between rounds gives you a better chance in following rounds so you don't get counter teamed.

You can have help building a team or use a team from an existing RMT. It's up to you but common teams are at risk of being easily beaten due to people recognizing them at team preview.

faf

[b][color=#1acc14]Queen of Dragons[/color][/b]
    Years
  • Okay another question. Can we use Pokemon added from the Isle of Armor or will it just be before that?

Sirfetch’d

Okay another question. Can we use Pokemon added from the Isle of Armor or will it just be before that?

For this tournament it will be pre-dlc Pokémon only. We will do a dlc tournament soon!

Also I was too busy trying out the dlc today but I'm closing this in the morning and posting the bracket! Stay tuned!

Sirfetch’d

I'm slightly unfamiliar with the OU metagame so this will be interesting.

Bring it.

One shall partake.

Im rusty and probably more stuffs been released since i last played in Feb lmao. :x

alright sure

salty loser incoming xd

ok round 1 is ready to begin! the matches are as followed:

gimmepie vs SeventyOnePirates
    HeroLinik vs wolf
    Dark Azelf vs 5qwerty

Fafrir gets a bye.

Deadline is in a week. Good luck!

Years
    • Seen today
    One shall partake.

When will you be on? I'm free all the time basically (except for when I am sleeping). Timezone is EDT.

edit: win or lose I just wanna get this over with, so the earlier the better for me

Last edited:
    Back