• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon - Danger above

Years
  • Despair still had the ability to warp and so he did. He was suddenly gone with the wind and he took Lu-Lu hostage.
    Caitlin shrieked. "He's gone! That son of a..." She had serious trouble maintaining any tranquility left in her body and stood up, completely ignoring the stinging pain in her backside. This was the first time in a long period that she actually felt this impotent. Her heart was beating like mad, and although she was actually glad that she wasn't the one being kidnapped and probably tortured by now, she felt very sorry for Lu-Lu, who was now in the biggest trouble she could imagine. Then, she noticed Joey being gone and sighed in relief. At least, he was safe... She couldn't stop thinking about the terrible things that awaited Lu-Lu right now and she couldn't do anything to rescue her! She knew one thing, though: Despair would come back for Melrose.

zapdos926

I'm secretly a typhlosion, shh
    Years
  • "They're still fighting him. I'm pretty sure I did a good amount of damage to him, but I don't know. Despair hit you on the back of the head, knocking you out cold. I attacked him as viciously as I could after he did that and then I brought you here," Ranger tried licking away Melroses tears. "Don't worry. 'Bout a thing. Cus every little thing. Is gonna be alright," the flygon sang quietly and laid his head down next to Melrose.

pokeman10000

Leftie
    Years
  • "THAT LOUSY SON OF A-" he cried, really quite distraught. "Crap, crap, bugger, dammit" he muttered and then, unexpectedly yelled out" THAT... THAT SON OF A... He... HE GOT AWAY!!!". Leftie couldn't take the stress. Ranger, Melrose AND Lu-Lu were gone, Lu-Lu was possessed and they had no leads. The town was destroyed and the citizens all in Tiny Woods.
    "We... we need to find them". He walked over to the new-comer Caitlin as she cursed and he tapped her on the back.
    "you clearly know him better than anyone else [being his captive], so where to you think that lousy..." he struggled to keep self control and continued: "went?".

Years
  • Melrose sang along with Ranger. "Singing don't worry. 'Bout a thing. 'Cus every little thing, is gonna be all right," she sang. She had the sweetest little voice for an Eevee and even though she looked tough and actually a bit scary - when angered - she had a soft spot as well. She loved to sing. A sudden shriek made her snap out of the calming song. "Caitlin!" she leapt up immediately, only to land on the floor with a crash. She wasn't able to maintain her balance and her broken bone made her collapse. She heard the Bayleef curse as if something terrible had happened, but her leg brought her into some sort of blur of pain. She was powerless.

Caitlin nodded in confirmation. "I think I know where Despair went with Lu-Lu. You guys know the Mystery Dungeon, Mt. Freeze, right?" she asked. She knew where Despair's hideout was, she once had a special mission that included discovering it and of course, while being imprisoned in his lair, she also managed to locate herself. Caitlin gave a little groan as she realized that they had failed. They had failed, failed, failed, and there was nothing they could do about it anymore. Melrose was mortally injured, Lu-Lu was abducted and the peaceful village had turned into a rough battleside. "There's a small cave, close to the entrance of that Dungeon. That's where Despair keeps his prisoners. There's one obstacle: Once he has captured somebody, it won't take longer than an hour before that somebody is dead. We must be very quick if we wish to save the Medicham. I was lucky to escape."

pokeman10000

Leftie
    Years
  • "Bugger, of all the places. I'm POWERLESS there, I wouldn't be able to make it past the first floor" he said bitterly. He contemplated the problem and then said "wait... I have a friend, he's an Emboar and he is powerful, but he's a bit out of it. I can ask if he can come along, he would breeze through such a place" He started to get his hopes up and waited for Caitlin's response...

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2013
    (OOC: I'm a bit taken out of this RP right now, (which is cool, I understand why) but is there some role I can fill until Lu-Lu is back in action?)

Years
  • "Too risky!" Caitlin shouted. "We have less than an hour to travel there and rescue Lu-Lu! We can't afford to get any help!" She knew how frustrating this was for the Snivy but she tried to comfort him a little. "We can handle the Dungeon on our own, don't worry. We just need to find a way to do it." She stared up, it had turned night in the meantime and the stars shone brightly, even though there was an awful lot of trouble. It was comforting in some way and Caitlin felt better the instant she gazed upon them. She smiled. "Melrose has to heal, we can't bring her. I'll try to use Synthesis to help you out, but as for the Eevee, I'm afraid I can't help her. One: she won't let me, and two: it's too risky." Caitlin paced around a little and healed her teammates with Synthesis. She felt much better immediately after; she was able to mix up the attack with a spell, boosting its power.

(OOC: I'm a bit taken out of this RP right now, (which is cool, I understand why) but is there some role I can fill until Lu-Lu is back in action?)

I think you can play Catherine or somebody like that. If you don't want to, I'll let you play Caitlin for a while.

Last edited:

pokeman10000

Leftie
    Years
  • "ArceusDAMMIT"he muttered, really stressed as they sprinted towards the icy labyrinth.
    "Dammit, why didn't I... WAIT" he cried, they all stopped and looked at him.
    "I have the TM Hidden Power, I can use that"he said and learned the move as fast as he could.
    "C'mon, let's go"he said and they entered the icy, frostbitten depths of the cold, dark mountain, a fight to the death awaiting them...

zapdos926

Years
  • "Ah, Melrose!" Ranger picked up the eevee and put her back on the gurney. "Please, don't move. I'll go take care of it, just... Just keep singing, okay?" Ranger left the building, still feeling very sore, but he needed to go help. He got to where the battle had been just in time to hear the bayleaf's plan.
    "I'm not too good in... Cold places. I'm fast but ice beams are hard to dodge,"

Years
  • Caitlin was absolutely not sure what the Snivy was up to, but she let it go by. After all, she had other priorities now. She tried to think of a proper plan that'd come in but her mind blocked the instant she did so. There was no way that they could manage to defeat Despair. They had almost killed all five of them! Not minding that, she followed Leftie and then, she saw it. The towering mountain of ice. She swallowed her fear and took a little sprint to the large Dungeon. This was crazy, they'd never win this fight. She was glad that Ranger decided to come along, he was a tough guy. Maybe, when this was all over, she could recruit him to the agency. "You can do it," she smiled at him

Melrose obeyed to Ranger and fell asleep.

Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2013
    Mortimer yawned lazily in his slumber. It took him a lot of energy to get this far into this icy dungeon, so he decided to take a nap. "It isn't easy for a big Camerupt like me to travel.." he assured himself. He began closing his eyes to continue his nap when he heard foot steps echoing down the cavern. He picks himself up and looks in the direction the foot steps are coming from, readying himself. He wouldn't want to be attacked in his slumber, so he stands tall, his weight cracking some of the ice below him. He wasn't really that tired... he blows puffs of smoke out of his nostrils, prepared to scare a bad pokemon away.

zapdos926

Years
  • "So do you just want me to melt through it?" Ranger shivered. He was too cold blooded for this and in a few minutes if he wasn't doing something to keep active, he was going to melt the whole mountain down. He did let out a little puff of flame and that helped him enough for a while.
    "I really wish I was a charizard right now..."

Years
  • Caitlin looked him in the eyes. "Calm down, Ranger," she said. "I just want you to help as good as you can. If you experience any trouble, go back to the square and help from there." She looked up again, only to see that all the stars had vanished. She frowned, this was impossible. Unless... It must've been Despair's doing. Caitlin ignored the cold and looked forwards. She saw a large Camerupt pacing around, his massive weight breaking some ice. She tilted her head sideways and gazed at him. "Who's that?"

Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2013
    Mortimer held his ground, expecting the pokemon he had seen to attack. They held their place, just like he did, and Mort identified them. A Flygon, a Snivy and a Bayleef... A realization came to him. They're probably suffering from the cold. He dropped his fierce expression and lumbered over to them. "Hello. The Name's Mortimer, and what are a group of ice weak pokemon doing in a place like this? You certainly don't look like trouble makers." He had a friendly smile and drooping, lazy eyes.

zapdos926

Years
  • "I am so confused at how everyone knows my name... I never mentioned it to anyone," Ranger sighed. He looked at the Camerupt. "We're here to fight a ghost by the name of Despair and rescue a Medicham he recently captured."

Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2013
    "I've come over to this icy mountain to get to the bottom of the reports of the stars suddenly disappearing from the sky." He looks up, and notices that the stars are indeed, gone. "Hmm... do you think that this 'Despair' ghost person has some relation to the odd weather..? Whatever, that isn't important right now. Let us be off to help your Medicham friend." Mortimer slowly turns himself around and heat flares from the volcanoes on his back. He ducks down so that the Bayleef and the Snivy may get on his back. "All aboard!"

zapdos926

Years
  • The heat flare reenergized Ranger. He stretched and flapped his wings into a hover. "That's much better," Ranger sighed. "Well, let's get going before icicles form on my wings," the flygon did a loop and flew into the dungeon.

Years
  • Caitlin carefully listened to the Camerupt and concluded that he did not have any bad intentions. He even offered a ride on his back, but Caitlin didn't want to sit down and relax for two reasons now. One: she was large for a Bayleef and doubted if she'd fit and two: she was too nervous to sit down calmly because of what the situation was. She silenced completely and glanced upwards again to study the night sky. No stars were visible and it was very odd to see. She gave a groan. "No, thank you, but no. I can walk for myself," she said. She walked through the snow and thought about Melrose. Would she be okay back there?

Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2013
    Mortimer follows the Flygon's lead, moving at a slow but steady pace. He continues releasing heat, and he leaves puddles everywhere he steps "So.. about this Medicham person.. is the guy who we're after some sort of kid-napper or sumthin'? Because that's even more cold then the mountain we're climbin'." Mortimer pauses to shoot flames out of his maw, melting a large block of ice in their way. "If you need help taking this guy down, I'd be more then happy to oblige."

Years
  • "Despair Harper is a specter. He was a Haunter and a skilled criminal, but did in a battle against Melrose, a friend of mine. He has been targeting her ever since and even assaulted our homes in order to lure her out. After a fierce battle, which ended a few minutes ago, he gained posession of the Medicham we're currently searching for and took her hostage. I have the information which lead us here. Despair's hideout is located closeby, and we must save the Medicham at all costs. And we must help Despair find rest, but there's just one known way: kill Melrose," Caitlin explained.

Back