• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon - Danger above

pokeman10000

Leftie
    Years
    "Yes" Leftie agreed, "However, earlier I did suggest a plan to trick him into THINKING that she was dead, I happen to have the necessary drug with me. But as she's not here we can't use it unless... Ranger" he snapped, "Do you know where she is?" he asked with urgency.

Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2013
    "I'm afraid that I don't know too much about spirits. But I'll do anything I can do help you guys out." Mortimer hears Leftie's urgent tone about Melrose. "You guys seem to really care for this Melrose. She is sure lucky to have companions like yourselves." He pauses for a moment. "I don't believe I have your names. It'd be nice to know what to refer to you guys as while we pummel this spirit into dust." Mortimer chuckles to himself, and a small rumbling is heard. His face turns somber for a moment. "Let's hope that your Medicham friend has a strong enough spirit to resist this Despair punk, or else I don't know what condition we'll find her in." He melts yet another ice block, and it looks as if they are nearing the top of the mountain.

Years
    Caitlin nodded at what Mortimer said. She had known Melrose for years and knew everything about her. And she also had the feeling that Melrose could no longer last inside a hospital. She was way too stubborn to obey to a nurse, especially when battle-scarred. She always went straight on, she would never leave her friends to die. Maybe that's why she almost surrendered in front of Despair earlier. Almost. It was so close.

Meanwhile, Melrose has used a healing spell and mastered the Blissey. The nurse desperately tried to keep Melrose in bed to help her heal, but the secret agent refused, beat her in battle and tied her up to avoid the Blissey becoming a threat to her own freedom. Now she had to find out where her friends went and if she could help.

zapdos926

I'm secretly a typhlosion, shh
    Years
    "Yes, I know where Melrose is..." Ranger replied hesitantly to the Snivy. "I don't think it's that good of an idea. One of us is going to die doing this, no matter what. I just know it's going to happen," Ranger landed next to Mortimer for a moment to heat up again. "I'll go and see if I can bring her back here," Ranger said and wheeled around, flying the opposite direction.
    It didn't take long for him to spot the black eevee's form on the ground, moving in his direction. Ranger landed right in front of her, creating a cloud of dirt. "Melrose! I was just coming to get you! Hop on my back and I'll get you to the others."

pokeman10000

Leftie
    Years
    Leftie saw Ranger approaching in the distance, he was explaining to the Camerupt the plan to trick Despair when they arrived. He turned to Melrose and said:
    "As I said before, you must die before you are killed..." He handed her the Drug and waited for her response.

Last edited:
    Years
    (One message to a lot of the RP'ers here: Try to be more accurate, so that you can make your posts longer. I'm trying as well. MINUMUM 4 LINES)

Melrose kept her balance as Ranger flew her to the icy mountain. She saw the group and a new one, a Camerupt. She silenced when they landed, until Leftie handed her the drug and told her his plan once again. She waited a little, took a deep breath and sighed. "Okay, I'll do it. I'm afraid it's the only way... But what do we do if I don't wake up, if I really die?! And what if... remember, guys, if there's just a little flaw in this plan, we'll all die, and I'm afraid Despair won't leave Pokémon Square in one piece either. He'll tear everybody apart..." she groaned as she said this. She was very nervous; she didn't like the idea of being 'killed' in order to defeat another. Caitlin calmed her down. "Melrose, there is absolutely no chance of this going wrong. Leftie thought this out. We'll protect you. That's what we're friends for, right?" Melrose finally nodded in agreement. "I'll do it," she said.

Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2013
    Mortimer nodded as the Snivy explained to him how they intended to defeat Despair. He won't admit to being the brightest pokemon around, but it sounded like a reasonable plan. Every one seems to be intimidated by this Despair, so Mortimer won't underestimate him. Mort looks off into the distance to see that the Flyon was returning. And an Evee was on his back. "Well," Mortimer says as he watches them near closer. "It looks like our rescue party is complete."

The Flygon lands, and Mortimer is very eager to meet Melrose. She is very well regarded among this troop, so he wondered how she was like. "'Evenin', the name's Mortimer. Melrose is it? I've heard a lot about you." It just occurred to Mortimer that the Evee was lacking her tail, but he didn't bring it up as it could be a sensitive subject. The Snivy repeats their battle plan to defeat Despair and hands Melrose what Mortimer assumes is the drug. The Evee seems very unsure for a moment, having some doubt. But her friends give her some encouragement and she agrees. "I'll do it."

Mortimer celebrates this with a bugle. He roars in triumph, brings his humongous hoof slamming into the ground, then sprays a jet of fire into the air in defiance to this fabled Despair. When everyone looks at Mortimer in surprise, he can only grin. "It helps me get pumped." Mortimer said, looking forward to putting this Despair out of business. "Now, if you guys will join me, we need to discipline a certain ghost who believes he can threaten reasonable folk and get away with it." Mortimer turns towards the peak of the mountain and begins walking twice as fast as he was before. This still wasn't very fast, but considering Mortimer's size he gives himself a point for effort.

zapdos926

Years
    Ranger had to agree with the Bayleef. "Everything is going to be fine," he nodded, "Just please don't do anything stupid. That goes for all of us," he commented. "I know that with any luck, only one of us is going to die, and my name isn't Ranger if I'm about to let it be any of you. I don't even know half your names, but like hell am I going to just let one of you die," he frowned. "And if it's me, I'm going out with a bang and bringing this while block of ice down with me," he wore a sly smirk as he said this.
    The camerupt was overly excited about this whole deal and scared Ranger so much with his cheer and stomp, that Ranger fell backwards.
    "Mort, I don't think we'll need even that big of a bang," he pulled himself to his feet. "Until death do all of us part. LEEEEROYYYYY JENKINS!" Ranger shouted and flew into the cave.

pokeman10000

Leftie
    Years
    Leftie stared as Ranger yelled out:
    "LEEEEROYYYYYY JENKINS" and flew into the cave. He looked around at the others, drew his blade and equipping his shield, charged into the cave yelling:
    "LIIITTLLLEEEEEE KUUUURRRRIIIIBBBBOOOOHHHHH!!!!". He didn't look back and brought down foe after foe with precision and soon caught up with Ranger. He didn't bother saying anything, instead he stabbed a Vannilite to his right and fought until the others reached.

Years
    Melrose was a little overwhelmed by this sudden outburst of pokémon getting pumped. She was actually a little afraid that the shouting would cause Despair to locate them. That would be a catastrophy. Caitlin shared glances with her and gave a little smile. "Melrose, there is actually no need to be worried like that. We'll save Lu-Lu. Despair can't do much in another's body, you know that," she explained to her furry friend in order to calm her down. It still was weird to her why Melrose missed her tail, but only the Eevee herself knew what happened. The only witness, Amber Maple, was killed in a landslide while trying to save Chii, Melrose's sister. Caitlin knew Amber. She knew that this couldn't have been an accident: Amber would never do something reckless.

Melrose and Caitlin followed the other pokémon to the peak of Mt. Freeze and were surprised by a sudden wind. Melrose fiercely clenched her fist, the one that she held the drug in. She didn't want to lose it now, after all that they had gone through. Caitlin was ice-weak and shuddered from the cold. She let out a little sneeze. This was the sign for an avalance to start.
    A sudden rumble was heard. Melrose and Caitlin looked up and both surpressed a scream. tons of snow came plummeting towards the group of pokémon.
    "Use the Fly Spell!" Melrose yelled. Caitlin nodded and they simultaniously created wings and took to the cold air.

zapdos926

Years
    "Oh boy," Ranger muttered as he heard the rumbling of the mountain. A wave of snow started crashing down upon them. Ranger saw that Melrose and the Bayleef had taken care of themselves, but the Snivy and Mortimer couldn't do anything. He ran towards the Snivy, picking him up just before take off and put him on his back. He circled frantically over Mort, but there was no way he could possibly carry a pokemon that large.
    "Mort! Run! Back into the cave system!"

pokeman10000

Leftie
    Years
    Leftie saw a colossal mass of snow hurtling towards the group of Pokemon.
    "Bugger" he said, he was about to get out his shield when he was swept up by Ranger, leaving Mort all by himself.
    "Mort! Run! Back into the cave system!" He yelled. Leftie struggled and broke free. He fell to the ground and sprinted towards Mort, who was didn't look like he was going to make it back in time.
    "ARCEUSDAMMIT" he yelled and jumped the remaining distance to Mort, equipped his shield and made it grow so that it was big enough and sturdy enough to protect him and Mort. The mass closed in and made dent after dent in the shield, but it held. He shrank it down the avalanche passed and examined the damage, the dents were tiny now, but the multitude of them rendered the shield useless. He stabbed it into the snow and turned to Mort:
    "You OK?"

Years
    Melrose and Caitlin finally caught up with the rest of the group. "Is everybody all right?!" Melrose shouted. This was not an accident. Caitlin glanced at the massive piles of snow and groaned. "This means we've lost our track. It might be harder for us now to get back to the square," she muttered to herself. Melrose looked around to look out for any more danger. There was danger above, but they didn't know. The avalanche had woken up Despair though, and he stepped out of his hideout, in Lu-Lu's body. He glared downwards and saw the group, and a new one, a Camerupt. Fine. If they chose to get help, so be it, but Despair didn't hesitate to be violent. He had to murder Melrose, one way or another.

Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2013
    "Thanks fella," Mort said to Leftie. "I walked right into that one like a fool, but I'm perfectly okay." He looks at the giant wall of snow blocking their path. "I would consider melting this, but it looks like it would only make the mountain even more prone to Avalanches." Mortimer glances around his surroundings, seeing nothing but ice and snow. "Do you guys know where this Despair guy might bunk in? He could be hiding anywhere in this place and we wouldn't know it until he attacks us. We're as blind as zubats here.. I don't like it at all." Mortimer glances around the area once more, and releases a quick puff of black smoke out of his nostrils threateningly.

Years
    Melrose shook her head. She didn't know. Caitlin was desorientated and couldn't see the entrance, although she knew it was extremely close. Melrose suddenly saw a pair of eyes flash around. Red eyes. Melrose gasped. "Over there!" she hissed. Despair growled, he was discovered. Never mind that, he'd show those pesky pokémon the powers of a specter. Caitlin followed Melrose's glance and saw nothing. "Are you sure? Agent Thunder, it's no time for jokes." Melrose looked again and indeed saw that her enemy had vanished. "What the..." she groaned.

zapdos926

Years
    Ranger spotted Despair too. He flew toward the specter, charging a dark pulse as he went. He was going to release it as soon as he got within range, but the ghost disappeared just as he approached. The red and orange flying let the attack dissipate and circled back around to the others. He flew around in circles, scanning the area and heating the air up with a quick flamethrower every few seconds. There was no sight of the Medicham hosting Despair and time was running out.

pokeman10000

Leftie
    Years
    Leftie did not spot Despair, but he did sense a powerful psychic presence nearby. He was about to alert the others when he crumpled and clutched his head in agony. He fought to keep control of his mind, but never having done this before he began to give, when a flash of white light and a face of an Oshawott appeared in his minds eye, for some reason this gave him strength and he fought Despair tooth and nail for control of his mind. The mental battle seemed to wage for days and slowly Leftie drove Despair back. It was a fierce and tiresome battle, but Lefie proved victorious. He rose from the ground, only to yell:
    "Son of a-" before he hit the ground so hard he nearly knocked himself out. A battle was waging around him, and things were NOT going well...

Years
    Melrose and Caitlin both knew that something was about to happen, and they were proven right by Leftie's collapse. He held his head in his hands and let out an animalistic sound, which scared the heck out of the two. They looked at each other in shock. Then, an earthquake suddenly started. A full-size blizzard was setting up out of the blue and Caitlin saw a motionless corpse lying on the ground. It was the one of a Medicham. Lu-Lu. Despair had abandoned her.
    Melrose turned to Leftie in one swift move and gasped. He saw some sort of mist surrounding the Snivy, who seemed to be in serious trouble. Despair was attacking him now. Melrose didn't hesitate and bolted for the Snivy, but before she could reach him, Despair had already lost the mental battle. He fled Leftie and now emerged in front of the group. "I see we have a new ally here," he said, referring to Mortimer. He glanced at Melrose, who glared back in anger. She growled. "Can't you just leave?!" Despair shook his head at this. "I'm sorry, Melrose. We both know that I don't like murdering others for my advantage, but in your case, I make an exeption. I need to find rest and therefore, you need to die."
    Melrose looked at the palm of her hand. The drug. This was the moment they had been waiting for. Despair suddenly bolted for her, and Melrose swallowed the little pill which she had held in her hand for so long. She felt all her limbs go numb as Despair slashed right through her and made her sink to the ground. Her mind was spinning, her breathing became heavy and eventually stopped, and she lost consciousness after seconds.
    'So,' she thought to herself, 'this is what death feels like...'

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2013
    Mortimer was really boiling now. He could feel his body heating up, the magma located within him caused smoke to spew out of his volcanic crevices in his back. How could Despair just drop someone into the freezing snow like that? He simply dumped the poor Medicham into the snow like she was trash! She might even be dead.. Despair showed himself in front of the group, and Mortimer gave him the most hatred filled stare he could muster.

The ghostly punk studied the group, addressing Mortimer as the new one. Mort let out another puff of smoke from his nostrils; he was not intimidated by this good for nothin', kidnapping scoundrel! He felt like hitting this guy with the molten fury of his eruption, but in order for the plan to work he had to hold off his attack. Suddenly, Despair went for Melrose. Mortimer had to resist the instinct of using roll-out to tackle Despair away; letting an ally fall like that went against everything Mortimer was about. But, Mortimer thought, at least, this fury will build up into a powerful eruption. Then Despair will feel Mortimer's wrath.

========================================

Lu-Lu, in her dark prison, began feeling cold. "Is this it?" She thought to herself, does the cold mean that her physical body has passed away? The cold intensified, and for a moment she thought that this meant she really was passing away into the void. However, she could hear.. something. The sound was difficult to understand, but the sound was there. She reached for the noise, as in her current state that was all that she could do.

The sound became louder, more audible. The cold filled her limbs and her body.. wait, her limbs? She tried moving, but it was extremely difficult with the cold affecting her limbs, but she could feel it inside of her body, and that was good. It meant that Despair was out of her body, and maybe she could rectify her mistake of letting Despair take over. However, her body was numb, and her mind was still clouded. She did the only thing she could do in her current state; she released a slightly clumsily made distress call from her mind. She hoped that friendly pokemon were nearby, or else she feared no one would sense her, slowly freezing to death in a blanket of snow..

Years
    Caitlin stood before a terribly difficult choice: she could rescue Lu-Lu but that'd cost Melrose's life, and the other way around. She decided to do what all agents promised to do once recruited: the non-agent is always more important. She groaned and ran towards the mountain top and the entrance of Despair's lair. With a pace that was hard for most Bayleef to muster, she ran and ran. Until she reached the Medicham. There was a certain warmth in her body, which meant the her spirit was back inside. Caitlin pushed Lu-Lu's shoulder and waited for a reaction. The body became cold and Caitlin cursed. With the help of her vines, she lifted the Medicham and carried her down.

Meanwhile, Despair set up a harsh battle while trying to take away Melrose's body. Luckily, Mortimer wouldn't let that happen. Now that the Camerupt was extremely angry and the specter saw that, he felt that he had to knock him out as well. Despair raised his hand and whispered something. A wave of water came crashing down from the mountain. That'd teach them not to intervene with the Specter of the Square.

Back