• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon - Danger above

Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2013
    Mortimer prepared to release his pent up energy, but something above caught his attention. He shifted his gaze, and a large wave of water was coming down from the mountain! Mortimer did not know about his grass type companions, but water was the one thing Mortimer did not feel confident in fighting against. He panicked for a moment, then remembered what he could do in this situation. Mortimer knew the one move that would save his hide; Mortimer prepared himself and used Endure. The water struck his large hide. The sizzling of water could be heard, followed with a bellow of pain. But Mortimer held on to his consciousness, if just barely. Mortimer stumbled backwards, the power of his legs failing him, and leaned against a wall, gasping from the effort of resisting such a strike.

==============================================

Lu-Lu could feel something nudge her side. She tried to move, but it was futile in her state. She was lifting into the air by what felt like vines, and she was glad to be off of the ground. She could feel her senses coming back to her, her limbs regaining some semblance of mobility. However, something caught her attention. She could hear a large, splashing of water and a pained shout. Was there still fighting? How long has it been since she was at the square? And, more importantly to her, who was the one who had been hurt?

She struggled out of the vines holding her and landed on the ground. She prepared her legs for landing, but she faltered and used her arms to support her fall.
    "Who... who's in trouble?" She said, picking herself off of the ground. No matter her condition, she could not let her inaction cause more strife among innocents. She could feel her body begin to shiver, but her mind gained a certain sharpness. She was brought back to the present, the here and the now. She ignored the cold, the fatigue, and stood up strong. She focused on the fight she believed to be going on, and any emotional strife she had felt before was to be dealt with later. She looked around, and spotted the Bayleef. Her name was Caitlin.. if Lu-Lu's memory served. She repeated herself, with more force this time. "Who is in trouble?" She hoped that her shivering limbs did not reveal her weakness at this time.

Years
    The wave of water flushed away the pokémon and Caitlin gasped upon seeing this. "Judging by the sights; everybody is in trouble!" she hissed between clenched teeth. She was glad that Lu-Lu had regained consciousness but felt incredibly bad about leaving the others behind. They were just nowhere to be found anymore and this made her panic. Melrose was washed away, or so she thought. When the tsunami had passed, Caitlin descended with Lu-Lu by her side to try and find the other pokémon. Mortimer was unscatched but obviously exhausted. Caitlin offered him synthesis and healed his worst wounds. Then, she gazed around into the ravage and tried to spot her precious friend. Assuming that she was dead by now, she lowered her head in defeat and turned away from the rest.

Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2013
    Lu-Lu followed Caitlin towards the other, but she felt a lot more clumsy. The cold was really affecting her elegant movements, making them stiff and clumsy. From what she absorbed, Despair was still alive and they were fighting him in a snowy region. She followed Caitlin until she happened upon a Camerupt. She healed the Camerupt's wounds and Lu-Lu approached the large pokemon. "My name is Lu-Lu, it is a pleasure to meet you. May I... warm up?" The Camerupt had a fierce expression on his face, this battle was not going well, and Lu-Lu needed to be in fit condition before she could hold off Despair once again.

=================================================

Mortimer was in pain, but with relief he seen Caitlin come back to the scene, the Medicham following. The Medicham looked to be healthy, but she was almost blue from being left in the frozen mountains. Mortimer was still panting when Caitlin healed his wounds with synthesis. "Thank you.. I needed that." Mortimer felt strength return to his limbs and stood up straight, glad that his inner flame was returning to him. The Medicham introduced herself as Lu-Lu, and politely asked if Mortimer could offer her some of his warmth. For a moment Mortimer's eyes dropped their fierce expression. "Of course. Oh, and the name is Mortimer." Lu-Lu huddled up by Mort's side and he released a flair of heat.

He could see that Caitlin was upset by the way the battle was going. "We mustn't give up hope! Melrose would want us to press forward, with or without her! If we give up, Despair will win!" Mortimer will admit that he was a bit more weary of Despair now that Despair shown he can attack with water. But he did not let it shown as he turned and let his rage build once again, turning and giving Despair a deathly stare.

He would release his eruption right now, but he was afraid of burning Lu-Lu and Caitlin with them nearby. So instead, Mort stomped the ground, releasing an Earthquake. The Stomp caused the stones in front of Mortimer's giant hoof to crumble and shift, raising them in a skywards direction and cracking all of the ice that got in their way. The quake continued, heading to Despair quickly.

Last edited:

zapdos926

I'm secretly a typhlosion, shh
    Years
    The fight happened fast, giving Ranger hardly any time to respond. The flygon stood out like a sore thumb in te pale sky and he searched and took account of everyone, including the Medicham now, everyone except for Melrose. He looked frantically, his eyes looking at each little dent or cave in of the snow. He finally spotted a little bit of black, covered and surrounded by snow. He dove towards it, landing in the snow that was now wet from the tidal wave.
    "Oh man, that's cold!" he shivered but ducked under the deep layer of snow and groped around for any part of Melrose to get a hold of. His hand finally found Melroses hind leg and he held one. The flygon's head was only a few inches above the snow and his wings were getting pretty cold. He scrambled his way to the top and held Melrose in both hands. He used a gentle flame thrower to heat up the eevee and the heated up his wings and took off. Ranger didn't feel a heart beat, but he hoped it was the drug. The flygon nuzzled Melroses cheek as he flew in a circle, hoping that she wasn't really dead or dieing.

Years
    Caitlin completely freaked out by LuLu's words. "She's not dead, y'hear?!" she yelled in her face. Her breathing went painfully hyper and she had to sit down. She wouldn't be able to take it if Melrose would have died in the battle. She shut her eyes and tried to shake off the thought of losing her best friend. When she dared to open them again, she saw that Ranger had found Melrose and although Caitlin saw that she was in bad shape, she was incredibly relieved that she wasn't completely gone. That would've been a death scentence.

Melrose felt something warm, and all of a sudden somebody nuzzled her, giving her a comfortable feeling. It would be fine, she was in capable hands now. Or capable claws, at least. She suddenly thought she would choke and gasped for breath. As if her heart stood still, but she was aware of everything! All her limbs hurted terribly and it was hard for her to make any sound. This was torture to her. Luckily, her capability of breathing returned after a few seconds. All her feelings in her body restored and she was so overwhelmed by all that she started sobbing.

Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2013
    (Those were Mortimer's words, just for clarification)

Lu-Lu

Lu-Lu stood up, feeling much better after warming up, and walked by Caitlin's side. "I think what the Camerupt meant," She said, carefully choosing her words, "Is that Melrose could be alive. But if we let our emotions take control of us now, it won't matter because Despair will take advantage of the situation." Lu-Lu places her hand on Caitlin's shoulder consolingly. "We need to remain strong, for Melrose's sake. If we give up now. our work, as well as Melrose's, will have been in vain."

Lu-Lu has a lot of trouble consoling people who are upset, because she can only remember 2 instances where she felt truly sad. Her failure in controlling her emotions on her old village.. and her failure in keeping Despair out of her mind. In fact, if it wasn't for Lu-Lu they would not have had to waste time climbing this mountain in the first place. The shame begin rushing back to Lu-Lu all at once, and she had to force herself to look away in order to hide her face.

==========================================================

Mortimer

Mortimer could not stand to see people get upset. He decided that the best thing he could do was keep a look out for Despair. The Medicham consoles Caitlin, and Mortimer felt kind of bad for being so forceful with his words. But Despair is still here, and Mortimer needs to keep his guard up. He moves himself in front of Caitlin and Lu-Lu, his face locked in an angry expression. His eyes carefully scan the area, looking for Despair.

zapdos926

Years
    Ranger gave a sigh of relief as Melrose gasped for air: she was alive.
    "Thank the legendaries you're alive!" He licked her face and heated up the air again, "You're gonna be okay, you're gonna be okay," he said quietly, but happily. Despite this, he still had to keep looking for Despair. The ghost would be targeting him now since he was currently protecting Melrose. The eevee was warm and she felt like an anchor point to Ranger, something that kept him from slipping into the cold. Keeping her alive is what had to happen.

Years
    (Oops! I'm sorry, DJYosh!!)

Melrose was still panting a little for oxigen, but her frustrated body calmed down soon enough. The tidal wave had given her a wet fur and it slowly froze as it dropped in temperature. She trembled from the cold and gave a frightene squeak every so often. Ranger told her that it would be okay, but Melrose wouldn't believe that until the Flygon would be proven right. She shuddered again and let out an animalistic sound. She needed warmth, she needed treatment. She needed it now, or she'd freeze to death.

Caitlin apologized for her sudden yelling at Mortimer. She whipped her vines to prevent icicles from forming on them. She groaned, this was kind of weird for her standards. Most of the time, she was calm. But a fierce feeling of intense anger and hate took over her tranquil soul. She had to stay strong now, for everybody's sake. Lucario would fire her for what happened and how she was unable to help out and avoid the Square from being struck, but that didn't matter now. What did matter, was everybody's safety.

zapdos926

Years
    Melrose shivered in the flygons arms. He let out another puff of fire that bathed over the wet eevee and licked her cheek again.
    "I'm not gonna let Despair hurt you, okay? I won't let you freeze, and I won't let any harm come your way. I promise." Ranger said gently and scanned the ground again. He didn't see anything out of teh ordinary besides the odd group of pokemon he had come with. There was no Despair or any other ghosts for that matter. No houndoom decoys, just peace, but Ranger knew that wouldn't last very long.

Years
    Ranger was proven right: the instant he thought about this, a loud pokémon cry was heard. Something in the form of a blur darted throught the thick, cloudy sky and appeared in front of the two. Melrose opened er eyes a little, and could vaguely distinguish the specter. "And where do you think you're going?" he growled. He gazed at Melrose with a wicked smirk on his face. The red eyes glowed in the foggy sky and he seemed stronger with every time he came back to the site. Melrose became a little desperate. Her fur rose on her back and she shuddered again. "How cute," Despair said with a hint of boredom in his voice. "Look, I don't like this either and you can't always keep running from me. And I may not look like it, but I'm getting tired as well. Would you please just surrender?" Melrose couldn't say anything and all she could do was stretch out her arms.

zapdos926

Years
    (Time zones are stupid...)

"NO!" Ranger pulled Melrose closer to his body and turned, flying the other direction as fast as he could. He was little more than an orange flash in the sky as he darted through the mountain peaks. He held Melrose close, protecting her from the wind.
    "I don't break promises and I just promised I wouldn't let Despair hurt you. Don't you go around offering yourself up."

Last edited:
    Years
    (I hear that a lot *-*)

Melrose held Ranger and she felt scared. This was the moment she had feared for so long. Despair would win, and this time, nobody could help. Melrose felt a sharp wind which stung into her side. "S-Slow down," she brought out with a trembling voice. "I'll fall down." Despair went after them immediately. "Stubborn pests," he growled. With a tremendous speed, he went on their track. "Ranger, he'll capture us anyway. Leave me now and you'll have a chance of survival," Melrose said, determined. She now struggled to leave the Flygon's grasp but he held on tight.

zapdos926

Years
    "I'll be damned if I'll just stand by and let him kill you," Ranger said but slowed down a little. He turned a wide 180 and started heading back the way he had come, blowing past Despair. He thought for about a minute and then landed below the specter.
    "Despair! Down here, smiley!" Ranger taunted. The ghost floated down next to him, expecting the flygon to hand over Melrose, but he just held her tighter. He had to make sure that Melrose didn't jump out, and that Despair wouldn't take her. "Will you accept a replacement?"

Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2013
    Lu-Lu

From the ground Lu-Lu had a great deal of trouble deciphering what was going on. What she did know was that she could sense a terrifyingly familiar presence in the skies along with Ranger and Melrose. Lu-Lu considered launching a psycho cut at Despair from down below, but she quickly disposed of the idea; psycho cut was a terribly inaccurate move from great distances. She was just as likely to harm Ranger and Melrose if she attempted to attack Despair from this distance. Lu-Lu glanced over to the Camerupt, smoke rising out of his volcanic pores on his back with a glare of determination at the scene happening above them.
    "I know what you're thinking." Lu-Lu Said "Your magma blasts are most certainly not accurate at such an extreme range and you are just as likely to hurt our friends."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mortimer

Mortimer did not like the scene going on above them. Mort felt so helpless here; what could such a large pokemon like him do from down here? The only thing he could possibly hope to do was to charge an eruption to strike Despair. Hopefully it would draw Despair's attention down to the ground, where Mortimer could face him Camerupt to Ghost. At least that's what Mort thought. He began preparing to fire when Lu-Lu said,
    "I know what you are thinking. Your magma blasts are most certainly not accurate at such an extreme range and you are just as likely to hurt our friends."
    "I think you're right," Mort said, a little disappointed. "But I cannot stand being so helpless down here."
    Lu-Lu nods to him in respect. "I share your feelings. Let us hope that our friends succeed; this is up to Ranger and Melrose now."

Years
    "For crying out loud, Ranger," Melrose growled. "Just..." She now struggled heavily. "Let go of me, it's no use!" she then shouted. She poked into one of his claws and jumped out of his grasp. She panted a little. Despair looked at Ranger. "Replacement?" he repeated. "You've awoken interrest, go on." Melrose knew where this was leading to and turned her head to Ranger as she recoiled. "No way, Flygon, I won't let you!!" she yelled. Despair fired a charged sphere at Melrose and captured her. "Shut up, shrimpy," he scolded. "Hey!" Melrose kicked the sides of the sphere, attempting to break out.
    Caitlin ran for her friend, amazed of how fast she regained strength. Despair held her back. "Don't even think about it, Agent Petal," he smirked. Caitlin knew she was useless now. "Well," Despair approached Ranger, "go on about the 'replacement'."

zapdos926

Years
    Ranger couldn't react fast enough to do anything and stop Despair or Melrose for that matter. It was the only things he wasn't fast at: following actions in a short period of time.
    "D-don't hurt or kill Melrose or anyone else here. I told them that I wasn't going to let any of them die without me trying to do anything about it, so take me as your sacrifice and rest in peace. Just don't hurt Melrose. However, since it seems to me that you kill by possessing your targets, if I can stand up to your mind power or whatever, then you leave immediately and accept the punishment that Darkrai will give you for your crimes in life and after life."

Years
    "Ranger, don't!!" Melrose yelled from her prison. She kicked, fought, battled her best but couldn't break out of the sphere that held her captive. Caitlin suddenly bolted forwards and used a spell to give Despair a temporal psysical form. Then, she kicked him out of the way and used Razor Leaf. "Everybody, take Melrose, Ranger and run for you life!" she shouted. Melrose was astonished. "But..." Caitlin cut her off. "I can handle this myself from now on. You should flee from here, and fast!"

zapdos926

Years
    "No! I said I wasn't going to let anyone else die, and you count!" Ranger whipped the Bayleef out of the way with his tail. "I don't break my promises either." Ranger faced Despair in his physical form. "I might as well have some fun with you while I still can," the orange flygon charged up as much pent up dark energy as possible and released it in one large dark pulse. Ranger then used flame thrower, and didn't let up on the attack until he couldn't breath, and by that time the stone of the mountain was so hot that it was turning red and melting and the air was hot enough that it was actually causing the dragon to sweat a little.
    "Or, since I just did that, you can just take me," Ranger said once the bayleef's spell wore off and Despair lost his physical form. The flygon bowed his head in defeat and waited for what was to come.

Years
    Caitlin was knocked aside and a harsh headache set in now. Ranger had done a severe amount of damage to her with this strike and the attacks he used after that were of no advantage to the Grass-Type either.
    Ranger had hurt Despair terribly and when he was just about to sacrifice himself, Despair vanished. Even his spectral form dissolved in thin air as they watched. The blizzard stopped, the rumbling ceased and Caitlin got up on her feet again. "Did you just..." she stammered. She then looked back and ran to Melrose. She tried to free her friend from her prison but there was no way that anybody could break the spell. It was way too strong for any try.
    Melrose groaned upon seeing her friend struggle to free her and lowered her head. "Caitlin, it's no use, okay?"
    When Caitlin heard Melrose saying this, she became extraordinarily angry with her. "Agent Thunder, for crying out loud! You're not the type to give up, are you?! What's wrong with you?!"
    "I'm not giving up," Melrose answered her, "it's just... I mean, we're all exhausted and if we struggle to free me now, it won't do us any good. It's okay to take me with you, back to Pokémon Square, but don't forget that it will do more harm than good if you try to get me out of this sphere now," she then explained to her. She was all wet from the wave that crashed down and she shuddered from the cold, but she got at least a little warmth inside the sphere she was trapped in. Her bright blue eyes flashed around to try and spot an easy way out, but this attempt was in vain. At least, she was happy that Despair was defeated, but she was too overwhelmed by all the events happening one after another, that she simply didn't realize it.
    Caitlin looked at Ranger, nodded for a second in agreement with Melrose and then walked towards the Flygon. "Are you all right?" she asked, a little dizzy from the headache and the sudden peaks and drops in temperature.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2013
    Mortimer

"What just happened? What is this?!" Mortimer walked up to the sphere Melrose was trapped in and nudged it with his nose. He turns around to face Caitlin. "Can somebody explain to me what this Voodoo stuff is?? I feel like I'm in some sort a' fantasy novel." Mortimer was truly confounded.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Lu-Lu

Now that the battle was over, Lu-Lu felt shame faced. Their entire party had climbed the snowy mountains, and it was because Lu-Lu had failed in protecting herself against Despair's invasion. The Medicham walked up to Melrose and went down on her knees.
    "I apologize. This mess we are in... this was all my fault. If I had been more aware, I would have never forced everyone to climb this mountain. I accept full responsibility for what had happened to you.." Lu-Lu looked down in shame, falling silent.

Back