• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokémon Underground

Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2023
    Pokémon Underground

Overview:
    I've been making this game for fun in my spare time for several years. It was supposed
    to be just for my own enjoyment, but since it got so far into development, I thought
    others might be interested. Please be kind and constructive. I'm not a professional,
    have no artistic ability to make sprites, and developed this game entirely by myself.

Plot:
    You're a young trainer starting your Pokémon journey in the region of Furan, free to
    challenge the eight Gyms in any order you please. Meanwhile, unrest and uncertainty
    are on the rise. The Pokémon League's authority, unchallenged for many centuries, is
    starting to lose its legitimacy. Team Underground has been organizing secret, illegal
    tournaments to capitalize on young trainer dissatisfaction. Their team leader has also
    shown an unhealthy interest in a mysterious legendary Pokémon with untold power.

And, new genetically modified Pokémon (GMPs) threaten to destabilize the balance of
    Pokémon battling and trainer journeys. Polymer Corp. has been experimenting with GMPs
    in the hopes of cornering the emerging market. Amid rumors of Pokémon abuse, Polymer
    Corp. also hopes to court the League Elders and secure their future in the world of
    Pokémon. With these three forces vying for control, who will stand up to them and
    ensure the future belongs to all the trainers of Furan?

Unique Features:
    • Open world design. Go any direction, challenge Gyms in any order,
    and HMs do not require badges. Levels of wild and trainer Pokémon
    increase with each badge. Story progresses after Gym victories.
    • 68 new Pokémon added, mostly using other people's fakemons.
    • Over 50 new regional variants and type changes to existing Pokémon.
    • A new type, Plastic, which counters Fairy and Electric and is
    countered by Grass, along with other strengths and resistances.
    • Some typing changes, mainly to Bug and Steel. See in-game type chart
    at all Pokémon Centers for details.
    • New items that change a Pokémon's nature and increase its IVs.
    • First three Pokémon in PC Storage can have their field moves accessed
    at all times. Two new field moves added, Lava Surf for volcanoes and
    Sludge Wave for polluted water.
    • 11 Battle Clubs that feature the types that don't have a Gym.
    • 10 Card titles to win, which feature increasingly better Cards from the
    Triple Triad Card game.
    • All non-legandary, non-mythical Pokémon should be obtainable in this
    version.

Project made with:
    Pokémon Essentials v18.1
    RPG Maker XP

Progress Report:
    Main story is complete. Postgame includes Battle Tower and some legendaries,
    and challenging the world champion like you challenge Red at the end of GSC.
    Updates may eventually add all Mythical Pokémon to complete the Pokédex.

Known Issues:
    • Many fakemon missing proper back sprites.
    • A few maps are still bare and generic, but should be functional.
    • Gyms have no puzzles. May be a permanent feature.
    • Some mismatched character sprites from different generations.
    • PP stalling can cause crashes in the Battle Tower.
    • Opponent AI makes strange decisions sometimes.

Screenshots:
    Spoiler:

Credits
    Spoiler:

Changelog:
    Spoiler:

Download
    Latest Version:
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/dykag0b0sernafb/Pok%C3%A9mon_Underground.zip/file

Last edited:

_pheebee

[I]Gosh! What's poppin'?[/i]
    Years
  • Spoiler:

Approved, welcome to the Games Showcase!

Years
    • Seen today
    Hello! I'm loving the game so far. The art is so nice and manages to maintain the look of the original art very well. I do have a question though. I bought the abra in the first town, but now at level 11 it has started to disobey me. Why is that?

Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2023
    Glad you're liking it. It's because it's a foreign Pokémon. If you're not the Original Trainer (OT), you need gym badges for higher level Pokémon to obey you. This is a default setting for Pokémon Essentials:
    https://essentialsdocs.fandom.com/wiki/Pokémon_Gym#What_badges_do

If you want to change that, I think if you overwrite the scripts data file in the "\Data" folder of your game with this new one, it should increase the default by ten levels:
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/1hy7bmshujt590t/Scripts.rxdata/file

Hope that works. I'm not sure if I want to change it in future versions, I'll think about it.

Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2023
    how do you open the sealed doors and the door in the power plant?

The sealed doors require Secret Power, but you don't get this TM until beating the Elite Four. That's because there are legendary Pokémon behind these doors.
    The Power Plant door requires Discharge. I think Togedemaru learns it earliest at level 29, but Rotom has it as a level 1 move if you use a Heart Scale (Move Reminder is in Pokémon Center on Mt. Amide through Carbonate Mine).

Years
    • Seen Sep 23, 2023
    A very promising game. I'm sure I'll play it. (when I find the time.) I particularly like the concept of an open world, it's not common in pokemon fangame.
    Any chance we could get a list of Fakemon?

Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2023
    Any chance we could get a list of Fakemon?

I don't want to spoil too much in this thread. But if you want to see pictures of them, go to the Graphics\Battlers folder, and Fakemon start at 810.png. If you want detailed spoiler information, go to the PBS folder and open pokemon.txt, which has detailed info on all Pokémon.

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Genuinely seems very promising so far - though I've run into a few issues:

- The game corner pokemon don't seem to scale with your gym badges. I say this because I got a level 26 porygon despite having no gym badges.
    - The day care/breeding is definitely very buggy - when you leave the house you get stuck in the house outside forcing you to teleport. Also when the daycare man has an egg he teleports to a weird place which lets you go behind the house - in addition the game freezes when you try to collect the egg.

Can I also ask if there's an EV resetter of some sort and an ability switcher in this game? Also is there an alternative way to evolve traded pokemon?

Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2023
    I believe I've fixed these issues. If you replace the files in the "Data" folder with these ones here, that should fix it:
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/p53zdolwl878inn/map_fixes_1.zip/file

- These were just the default pokemon in Essentials. I've changed them to something more fitting, and lowered the levels so you can't cheese the game with them.
    - Looks like all these issues were caused by changing the map width by two tiles at some point and forgetting to change the transfer event coordinates, if you know RPG Maker XP.

Can I also ask if there's an EV resetter of some sort and an ability switcher in this game? Also is there an alternative way to evolve traded pokemon?
    - You can use the EV berries—Pomeg, Kelpsy, and so on—to lower EVs and raise happiness. There are a few lying on routes to pick up, and you can get random drops from cutting trees. From there, you'll have to grow more. Berry plots are north of Propylene Village.
    - There are a few ability capsules and hidden ability capsules to find in the game. You can buy some with BP at the battle frontier (called The Phenol) late game.
    - At Pokémon centers, people offer trades for evolutions of various species. They should offer to trade back the evolutions, and that way you can have your original one back, or you can keep the foreign one.

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    I believe I've fixed these issues. If you replace the files in the "Data" folder with these ones here, that should fix it:
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/p53zdolwl878inn/map_fixes_1.zip/file

- These were just the default pokemon in Essentials. I've changed them to something more fitting, and lowered the levels so you can't cheese the game with them.
    - Looks like all these issues were caused by changing the map width by two tiles at some point and forgetting to change the transfer event coordinates, if you know RPG Maker XP.

Yes that's fixed them, except the one where when you leave the daycare house you still get stuck in the wall - although for now you can teleport away at least.

I also want to say I really like the type chart changes which I can almost never say for fangames - the Plastic type is definitely good without being gimmicky, and the changes to the other types are fair without being overbearing.

Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2023
    Yes that's fixed them, except the one where when you leave the daycare house you still get stuck in the wall - although for now you can teleport away at least.

I also want to say I really like the type chart changes which I can almost never say for fangames - the Plastic type is definitely good without being gimmicky, and the changes to the other types are fair without being overbearing.

Whoops, forget to include the third map in the map pack. If you redownload it, the third map should be there now. For anyone else wondering, if you download the latest version of the game, that has all these fixes already in it.

Glad you like the type changes. But I actually noticed a mistake in the type chart. Steel is still weak to fire-type attacks in the game. I'll update this.

Years
    • Seen Sep 23, 2023
    Thank you, I did just that. I must say you have some very interesting fakemon. The only thing I'm confused about it's the addition of baby pokemon, I personally never found that to be very useful.
    I also have a question, but I don't want to spoil too much. It's about the Hybrid pokemon, does it evolve?

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    This game's awesome.
    So far I'vee been really liking the open world aspect and the Fakemon (what got me into fan games).

Edit: also, there's Donkey Kong music - of one the best soundtracks of all time, in my humble opinion.

Say, is there any chance of a speed up button in the future? =)

Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2023
    Thank you, I did just that. I must say you have some very interesting fakemon. The only thing I'm confused about it's the addition of baby pokemon, I personally never found that to be very useful.
    I also have a question, but I don't want to spoil too much. It's about the Hybrid pokemon, does it evolve?

Understandable, though I like some of the baby Pokémon.

The hybrid does not evolve, as it's already powerful enough. If you show it to Professor Ficus at the lab in your hometown, it will start a cutscene about it.

Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2023
    This game's awesome.
    So far I'vee been really liking the open world aspect and the Fakemon (what got me into fan games).

Edit: also, there's Donkey Kong music - of one the best soundtracks of all time, in my humble opinion.

Say, is there any chance of a speed up button in the future? =)

Glad you're liking it. Yes, I love DK too. The original Essentials has a DK cave song in it, and that led me to add more of them.

You can change the text speed in the options, and turn off battle animations to make it faster. I think pressing "C" in battle moves some messages faster too. Other than that, you would have to know more about RPG Maker XP coding, and I don't think I could do any more.

Back