• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How Shiny Pokémon Could Be Fixed

Ragnorokgirl89

Part-Time Villain
Years
  • How Shiny Pok?mon Could Be Fixed

I had this idea, which could fix some problems with shiny Pok?mon in the games, although it would definitely effect the anime, card game, and manga. I don't really see this ever happening, or how it would be implemented at all, but I do want to know what you all think: Shiny Pok?mon varieties. Shiny Riolu, for example, is yellow, but imagine if you found a red Riolu, or a green one, and other Pok?mon also had multiple shinies?

This could fix a couple problems shiny Pok?mon currently have. Some shinies just aren't worth much compared to others, like the shiny Gyarados from Gold and Silver. This Pok?mon is basically just handed to you, which wouldn't matter so much since it couldn't be transferred to later games, but then Heart Gold, Soul Silver, and the virtual console versions happened, which meant it could be. Other shinies are just hated and for the most part ignored. With more varieties, they could have a reason to be hunted again. Also, some shiny locked legendary Pok?mon wouldn't have to be shiny locked anymore, and instead some variations would be. Events would be a lot more interesting with unique shinies.

There are problems with this on its own, of course, but that's what I've got. What do you think? Any obvious issues I missed?

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • I've thought for a while that multiple Shiny forms would be a cool idea. Maybe a bit annoying if there's a specific one you want, but I'm always open to more variety. We've already seen alternate colorizations throughout the franchise, like the purple Kecleon from PMD and silver Lucario (+others) from SSB and it would be cool to see those brought to the core series.

That, or maybe some kind of mechanic that allows you to manually recolor Shiny Pok?mon.

Years
  • The biggest downside to this idea is that it would be a massive pain to shiny hunt for specific shiny variants that you're looking for, and as such it would be incredibly demotivating to people if they got the wrong shiny variant. This is especially true if they're shiny breeding. :s

That said, I like the idea on paper, but it'd be really iffy as far as execution goes.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Hmm, I don't know about this. Alternate colored shinies sounds cool, but regular shiny Pokemon would probably lose a lot of value. I don't shiny hunt, but imagine if there were newer, rarer shinies than the regular ones... hunters would definitely get frustrated.

Although... that trademark "Ultra Shiny" makes me wonder...
    That could just be a tcg expansion bu you never know.

Back