• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gen 8 move animation project [DISCONTINUED]

StCooler

Mayst thou thy peace discover.
Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    Sorry for that, I'm still busy with my fangame and my life
    So...what I can do now?
    Same here!
    How is the fangame? Approximate progress percentage?
    Spoiler:

The todo-list is up-to-date (I think). We are missing Common Animations.

I imported Surging Strikes in the correct consecutive order, but when i use it in battle it just uses the first animation for all 3 hits.
    Hum, I don't have this issue on my game.
    I also checked the Drive and the files for the first hit is different to the files for the second and third hit, so I don't see what's wrong ^^"

In the Debug menu > Information editors > Battle Animation Editor, then click on List of Animations and find Move:SURGINGSTRIKES. Load the animation tell me the number of frames. Also tell me the number of frames for Surging Strikes hit 2 and Surging Strikes hit 3.
    It should be respectively: 63 - 30 - 30.

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    Same here!
    How is the fangame? Approximate progress percentage?
    Spoiler:

The todo-list is up-to-date (I think). We are missing Common Animations.
    Great!
    Don't forget to mention me if your fangame has released..
    And
    For my fangame still on 50% to completed...
    All players on my fb grup requests so many their local language
    Making me confusing with that..

And for common animation..
    Yes still working on few common animation
    I can't publish now...maybe later if I'm in goodmood..

Last edited:

StCooler

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    Great!
    Don't forget to mention me if your fangame has released..
    Sure :)

For my fangame still on 50% to completed...
    All players on my fb grup requests so many their local language
    Making me confusing with that..
    Translation is something you do at the end of the development. Focus on making your game first, then you can translate.

And for common animation..
    Yes still working on few common animation
    I can't publish now...maybe later if I'm in goodmood..
    Take your time, we're not in a hurry!

Years
    • Seen Aug 6, 2023
    There are some animations that don't work well with gen 3/4 backsprites. I was wondering if there will be changes to those animations? Just wanted to make a suggestion.

StCooler

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    There are some animations that don't work well with gen 3/4 backsprites. I was wondering if there will be changes to those animations? Just wanted to make a suggestion.
    No, these animations don't work with gen 3/4 backsprites because the sprites are "cropped" ^^"
    Gen 3/4 sprites are deprecated, really. You should use the sprites provided with the Gen 8 Project (v19 or v18 depending on what Essentials version you use).

Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2024
    Can this resource be used in Pokémon Essentials v19.1 w/EBDX?

Yes, you can. In "GameFolder\Plugins\Elite Battle DX\[003] Config\Config.rb" you need to edit the line #31
    CUSTOM_MOVE_ANIM = false
    and set it to "true".

Also, you can delete the animation from "GameFolder\Plugins\Elite Battle DX\[002] Animation Code\Move Animations", if you prefer the specific move animation from Gen 8 Animation Project.

I have not tested this last part myself, but it should work.

Years
    • Seen Dec 11, 2021
    Yes, you can. In "GameFolder\Plugins\Elite Battle DX\[003] Config\Config.rb" you need to edit the line #31 and set it to "true".
    Thanks, this worked well.

Also, you can delete the animation from "GameFolder\Plugins\Elite Battle DX\[002] Animation Code\Move Animations", if you prefer the specific move animation from Gen 8 Animation Project.
    This thing didn't worked, at least for me. I tried deleting the PSYCHOCUT.rb file but the game keeps using the EBDX animation for Psychocut. Anyway, the other animations from Gen 8 Animation Project worked well.

StCooler

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    Ok guys.
    My fangame is in a state where what's missing doesn't depend on me anymore, so I'm back to the animation project.

I browsed the list of animations and ticked the Z-moves that already have an animation (I remind you that this resource is based on Pokémon Reborn's animations).

The following Z-moves have a complete animation:
    Spoiler:

The following Z-moves miss an "opp" animation: (EDIT: Completed)
    Spoiler:

The following Z-moves don't have an animation at all:
    Spoiler:

I'll make the opposite animations for the Z-moves that miss one (second list above).
    Any contribution is welcome. Don't forget to tell me in this thread if you want to make any animation.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    I glad you comeback..
    I'll check later for the ZMoves
    I'm still on dev my fangames to full version...

Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2023
    I ran into issues with some moves like "Rage Powder". On the Battle Animation Editor, the animation is right but when in a fight, the cloud of powder is like in top left corner, not on ennemy pokemon as it should be.

I'm currently using v19.1, no additional content, I even tried to use a clean pokemon essentials v19.1 file to test.

Am i the only one with this issue ?

Thanks for your time.

P-S : I did recompile the game by changing a pbs file and saving it then reloading the game

StCooler

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    I ran into issues with some moves like "Rage Powder". On the Battle Animation Editor, the animation is right but when in a fight, the cloud of powder is like in top left corner, not on ennemy pokemon as it should be.

I'm currently using v19.1, no additional content, I even tried to use a clean pokemon essentials v19.1 file to test.

Am i the only one with this issue ?

Thanks for your time.

P-S : I did recompile the game by changing a pbs file and saving it then reloading the game

I will check this out. It's probably an error of focus. Thanks for reporting.

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    Is anyone still working for this? I wonder if the PLA moves will be included in the plan.Thanks anyway.

Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2024
    you do not know how much I was looking for animations for the movements of the 8gen, you are a sun bro never turn off

StCooler

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    you do not know how much I was looking for animations for the movements of the 8gen, you are a sun bro never turn off
    \[T]/

Is anyone still working for this? I wonder if the PLA moves will be included in the plan.Thanks anyway.
    PLA moves will be included, they're in the main post.
    I should be working on this, but Z-move animations are a PAIN to make.

curryofthepast

Were they a fool, a sage or a lonely friend?
    Years
  • A popular fan-game episode went into beta and is going public eventually. That might mean more public animations esp for annoying stuff like the Z-moves eventually when the embargo period ends \o/. Once Z-move animations are available maybe paste some of em in as Dmax move placeholders? That's what I've been doing. Having the slots ready wouldn't hurt users who don't use ZUD. It's lazy sure, but Dmax was basically combining Mega and Z-moves into a temporary limit break anyways lol.

StCooler

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    A popular fan-game episode went into beta and is going public eventually. That might mean more public animations esp for annoying stuff like the Z-moves eventually when the embargo period ends \o/. Once Z-move animations are available maybe paste some of em in as Dmax move placeholders? That's what I've been doing. Having the slots ready wouldn't hurt users who don't use ZUD. It's lazy sure, but Dmax was basically combining Mega and Z-moves into a temporary limit break anyways lol.

This contains, at the same time, both excellent news and excellent advice!
    I've never thought about using other games resources as I'm already using Pokémon Reborn's animations as base for this project. Besides, I've never thought about using Z-moves as placehoders for Dynamax moves. The idea is simple and brilliant.

To make those animations, I was watching videos of how they work in the original Pokémon games, and I tried to mimic them (somehow). Z-moves and Dynamax moves, made me very discouraged because, to mimic them, I basically need to make new animation sheets and then make long (70~100-frame long) animations with this awful animation tool.

So yeah, to anyone who wondered why you got no news from this project: animations are a pain to make, all the more so if the animation is supposed to be impressive, I suck at pixel-art, and I'm alone on this.

You made my day <3

Back