• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script: ZUD Plugin [v20.1]

Years
    • Seen today
    ZUD Plugin for v20.1
    Z-Moves, Ultra Burst, and Dynamax mechanics fully implemented into Pokemon Essentials in a single plugin!

8xIu4FS.gif
    giphy.gif

Overview
    This plugin adds all mechanics for Z-Moves, Ultra Burst, and Dynamax to your game, as well as the ability to easily set up your own Max Raid Dens and Dynamax Adventures.

This iteration of the plugin has been overhauled for compatibility with Essentials v20.1, as well as taking advantage of many of the improvements that come with it, such as utilizing newly added PBS flags to streamline many of the mechanics, and utilizing newly refactored Essentials code to remove the need for manual script edits for installation that previous iterations of this plugin relied on. Unlike the previous iteration of this plugin for Essentials v19.1, this version is completely drag-and-drop to install, and all of the necessary data now auto-compiles upon installation, meaning it is now simpler than ever to install ZUD for new or less experienced users. However, note that this plugin, as well as every other plugin I release for v20.1, requires the Essentials Deluxe plugin to also be installed. This plugin is dependent on it for compatibility purposes, and your game will not run without it being present.

Every single line of code of the plugin has been combed through, streamlined, and updated to add more efficiency and user convenience. Because of how thoroughly the code has been reworked, this is not backwards compatible with Essentials v19.1. If you want the ZUD Plugin for that version of Essentials, check out this thread here. Keep in mind that that this older version will no longer be updated, and thus will not have any of the new features included here.

Plugin Features
    • Functionality for all official Z-Moves, up to USUM. This includes the corresponding Z-Crystals for each move, and a dedicated Z-Crystal bag slot.
    • Functionality for the Ultra Burst mechanic, with the ability to be set up on species besides just Necrozma.
    • Functionality for the Dynamax mechanic, with all official G-Max forms up to Isle of Armor implemented.
    • A variety of custom items not included in the main series, such as items that recharge your ability to use Z-Moves/Dynamax repeatedly in a single battle.
    • Support for Max Raid Battles, as well as setting up Max Raid Dens as events.
    • Support for Dynamax Adventures, as well as Endless Mode Adventures, and a new Dark Mode Adventures.
    • All graphics and audio required for all of the above mechanics.
    • Native compatibility with several popular plugins.

-DOWNLOAD LINK-

Installation
    Spoiler:

Changelog (v1.2.5 FINAL VERSION)
    Spoiler:

Tutorials
    How to Use: Z-MOVES
    Spoiler:

How to Use: ULTRA BURST
    Spoiler:

How to Use: DYNAMAX
    Spoiler:

How to Use: MAX RAIDS
    Spoiler:

How to Use: MAX RAID DATABASE
    Spoiler:

How to Use: DYNAMAX ADVENTURES
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2024
    When I catch a pokémon in a raid it appears nowhere... Also the game tells me that it was sent in a pc box when I had room in my team

Years
    • Seen today
    When I catch a pokémon in a raid it appears nowhere... Also the game tells me that it was sent in a pc box when I had room in my team

Its supposed to always send to the PC, regardless of party size. This is because you can only go in with a max of three pokemon in your party, so if it gets added to your team, then it will be overwritten once your "real" party is given back to you.

Are you saying raid Pokemon arent appearing in any of your PC boxes after capture? I havent encountered that bug, so if that the case ill have to look into it.

StCooler

Mayst thou thy peace discover.
    Years
    • Seen today
    Man, you are so efficient!

Congratulations for the plugin!

Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2024
    Its supposed to always send to the PC, regardless of party size. This is because you can only go in with a max of three pokemon in your party, so if it gets added to your team, then it will be overwritten once your "real" party is given back to you.

Are you saying raid Pokemon arent appearing in any of your PC boxes after capture? I havent encountered that bug, so if that the case ill have to look into it.

Yes my pokémon does not appear in the pc after capture

Years
    • Seen today
    Since this plugin adds a new pocket to the Bag, I'm assuming this is not compatible with the Bag Screen with Interactable Party, right?

Years
    • Seen today
    Minor Update (v1.0.1)
    • Fixed an issue with captured Raid Pokemon not being properly sent to the PC.
    • Fixed an oversight where the Max Raid Database would not be unlocked after your first raid battle.
    • Fixed an issue with the Test Battles in the Max Raid Database forcing you to save the game when you shouldn't have to.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    I get this error and I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong

[Pokémon Essentials version 20.1]
    [v20.1 Hotfixes 1.0.3]

Exception: NoMethodError

Backtrace:
    [ZUD Mechanics] Compiler.rb:407:in `block in compile_power_moves'
    [ZUD Mechanics] Compiler.rb:406:in `each'
    [ZUD Mechanics] Compiler.rb:406:in `compile_power_moves'
    [Essentials Deluxe] Compiler.rb:341:in `compile_all'
    [Essentials Deluxe] Compiler.rb:465:in `main'
    391:Main:29:in `mainFunctionDebug'
    391:Main:18:in `block in mainFunction'
    014:Errors:80:in `pbCriticalCode'
    391:Main:18:in `mainFunction'
    391:Main:45:in `block in <main>'

Years
    • Seen today
    I get this error and I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong

[Pokémon Essentials version 20.1]
    [v20.1 Hotfixes 1.0.3]

Exception: NoMethodError

Backtrace:
    [ZUD Mechanics] Compiler.rb:407:in `block in compile_power_moves'
    [ZUD Mechanics] Compiler.rb:406:in `each'
    [ZUD Mechanics] Compiler.rb:406:in `compile_power_moves'
    [Essentials Deluxe] Compiler.rb:341:in `compile_all'
    [Essentials Deluxe] Compiler.rb:465:in `main'
    391:Main:29:in `mainFunctionDebug'
    391:Main:18:in `block in mainFunction'
    014:Errors:80:in `pbCriticalCode'
    391:Main:18:in `mainFunction'
    391:Main:45:in `block in <main>'

Do you not have the moves Dynamax Cannon, Behemoth Bash, and Behemoth Blade in your game? I suppose I should probably have had it skip that part in situations where those moves don't exist.

Years
    • Seen today
    I didn't have dynamax Cannon lol
    Thank you
    To be fair, I would be extremely surprised if anybody else had that same issue

Years
    • Seen today
    Minor Update (v1.0.2)
    • Updated the overwrite for the move Eerie Spell to reflect the changes made in the latest Hotfixes update.
    • Moved around several bits of code in preparation for the release of the Focus Meter System plugin.
    • Fixed an error that would occur if the moves Dynamax Cannon, Behemoth Blade, or Behemoth Bash don't exist while compiling.
    • Fixed an error with the compiler when using the AllFormsAbove or AllFormsBelow flags that would accidentally log the base species as an acceptable form.
    • Fixed an error with the eligible forms of Pikachu that may use the Z-Move 10,000,000 Volt Thunderbolt.
    • Tweaked the description text for the Z-Crystal Pikashinium Z so that all of the text properly fits in the default UI.

Note: This update requires that the latest update to Essentials Deluxe is also installed. ZUD will no longer work unless Essentials Deluxe is also updated.

Years
    • Seen today
    Sorry to bug you again, earlier today I posted this in another section:

For some reason after about an hour of playtesting, my game suddenly begins to lag. On every map. But works perfectly fine on any other screen (summary, battle, pokedex, etc)
    If I reset the game, there's no more lag. So far I've reset the game twice, and both times, after about an hour (1 hr 30 min the first one, 1 hr 10 min the second time) the lag begins once again.
    I don't know what's causing this. Perhaps a combination of plugins, or one plugin in particular, has anybody experienced something like this?

I removed Essentials Deluxe, Enhanced UI, and ZUD (because they were the last plugins I added. Also removed the items and moves from the pbs files); kept the same save file, and it was working fine. Then I added Essentials Deluxe, and still fine. Added Enhanced UI, all good. Once I add ZUD however, the lag returns.

Any idea what could be causing this?

Years
    • Seen today
    Sorry to bug you again, earlier today I posted this in another section:

For some reason after about an hour of playtesting, my game suddenly begins to lag. On every map. But works perfectly fine on any other screen (summary, battle, pokedex, etc)
    If I reset the game, there's no more lag. So far I've reset the game twice, and both times, after about an hour (1 hr 30 min the first one, 1 hr 10 min the second time) the lag begins once again.
    I don't know what's causing this. Perhaps a combination of plugins, or one plugin in particular, has anybody experienced something like this?

I removed Essentials Deluxe, Enhanced UI, and ZUD (because they were the last plugins I added. Also removed the items and moves from the pbs files); kept the same save file, and it was working fine. Then I added Essentials Deluxe, and still fine. Added Enhanced UI, all good. Once I add ZUD however, the lag returns.

Any idea what could be causing this?

Nope. That's such a vague issue, I don't really even know where to begin to troubleshoot it. Especially since it doesn't even kick in until a couple of hours into the game, and I have no idea what you may have done within that large span of time that could be a contributing to it.

I do know that the game does lag when attempting to access the Max Raid Database, which is something I aim to eventually address. But that's the only instance of lag I encountered in the hours and hours of playtesting while designing the plugin. However, it's honestly hard to say, because I do all my work on a vanilla copy of Essentials with just the default maps/events/assets, and the only plugins I have installed are my own and a handful of others that are there simply to test compatibility. So I don't have any idea what may happen in a heavily modified game with dozens of other plugins present. All I know is that I've definitely had save files in the 1-2 hour range and never noticed any lag. There's no real way for me to efficiently test this, so I don't really have an answer for you. Unless this becomes something that a bunch of people begin reporting, I just have to assume it's something specific to your game or computer.

Years
    • Seen Sep 13, 2022
    Hi
    I'm having an issue with getting the ZUD plugin to work
    I get the thing to compile and it compiles all the plugins and most of the PBSs
    It does the adventure-maps, power-moves and raid_ranks correctly but then it goes to a new line and gets stuck

ZUD Mechanics -> Compiling PBS file adventure_maps.txt...done
    ZUD Mechanics -> Compiling PBS raid_ranks.txt...done
    ZUD Mechanics -> Compiling PBS file power_moves.txt...done
    ZUD Mechanics

I can't figure out what the issue is cause there's no error it just says it's stuck after a while and closes itself
    I also have essentials deluxe installed

Thanks

Back