• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: [Completed] POCKET GAIDEN 2 (v1.1.0)

manta

★★★★★
Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2024
    vTjzVhf.png

POCKET GAIDEN 2
    current version: v1.0.1​

In the Ríota region, which is based off of Uruguay, there's a rumour circulating that 'in Wing Peak, a wish-granting genie lies'. Clad, a swimmer who recently competed in a national competition, is about to begin an adventure from the capital Prime City to Wing Peak with his three friends - the energetic Fern, the studious Malimo and the hard-working Ryan "Rye". However, Clad is also having strange visions of a young boy asking him for help. Who is this boy? Is Wing Peak's genie even real? And what kind of challenges and opponents will the four friends face on their journey under Ríota's hot summer sun?

Just like the first game, POCKET GAIDEN 2 was created using the pokeemerald disassembly (https://github.com/pret/pokeemerald/), so please check that out. Also, you can find the source at (https://github.com/Mantager/pokeemerald/tree/gaidentwo). The game was created in 40 days for the Relic Castle Game Jam 6.

Download: https://mega.nz/file/IApy2BzR#IUYXm1HeDZH9X76MmWxmk9SiTbBpbaQy3lN7XHEZEik (v1.1.0)
    https://mega.nz/file/IBBxwCrB#tE41SQMUSQcJ_xdK0Qa1dlyCVV7t1HsrzMHpTW_5PD4 (v1.0.1)

For patching: use BEAT (https://www.romhacking.net/utilities/893/)

Apply the patch to an Emerald (Trashman) ROM.

Screenshots
    Spoiler:

Previous versions
    Spoiler:

Changelog
    Spoiler:

Credits
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
  • I really enjoyed the first edition of Pocket Gaiden, kudos on releasing the second version! I am surprised nobody has actually commented on this thread. This deserves a BUMP!

PkmnFan193

I really enjoyed the first edition of Pocket Gaiden, kudos on releasing the second version! I am surprised nobody has actually commented on this thread. This deserves a BUMP!

I didn't even notice this thread.

Either way I really enjoyed the first Pocket Gaiden, it's one of my favorite hacks, so I'm excited to try the second one!

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    I played on mGBA, the game crashed when Corvisquire leveled up and was asked if it wanted to learn Scary Face. This was during the Nas battle where I teamed up with Fern.

Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Dec 24, 2023
    A hack that should be on the look out ............(nice game)

Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2024
    Surely this will be a great game (I played the first one), but I can't play this one.
    I am using John GBA on my phone as emulator, and it kept crashing... it makes a sound similar to the one when you remove the cartridge from the GBA.
    It happens sometimes when the screen become black (like when you open the bag or visit an house). Can I do something to fix this?

Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2024
    The game froze when tuber maikel sent out his vigoroth. vigoroth appeared as a question mark, and I couldn't do any inputs or back out without losing progress. Besides that crash, it's a lot of fun. It's a big step up from pocket gaiden 1 imo. I like how the villain is realistic, and not just some vaguely evil entity. I'm really tired of the whole 8 badges + elite 4 formula, and you deviate from that very well. I really hope you continue to create romhacks/games in general. If I could give one piece of criticism, I think that the starting town is somewhat overwhelming visually. Instead of reducing it's size though, you could add a unique central piece of architecture to use as a reference for where you are.
    m2fA5jN

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2024
    I went into a house that was top right of Prime City, and the screen was completely dark with electrical sounds...I pressed the down button, but couldn't get out...pressing all other buttons did nothing, as well. Was that intentional?

Years
  • Played this alongside POCKET GAIDEN 1 last week; but there is a bug that crashes the game. There are several examples written above, but in general, after a double battle at any part of the game, the next wild battle or trainer battle crashes the game because a mon with "?" image appears.

manta

★★★★★
    Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2024
    Thank you for playing everyone.
    If you enjoyed the game, you may enjoy my main project, Scale x Fang.
    It's not released yet, but please follow my Twitter for updates.

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2023
    I think it's cool, but I didn't get to play much. It freezes when you try to change the text speed and when I talked with the guy on the second floor of the supermarket in the first town.

Back