• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Keep the village alive: celebrations in your world

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
Years
    • Age 24
    • she/her
    • Italy
    • Seen yesterday

Christmas holidays have finally ended, but here's a small thread to rekindle some of that atmosphere before it leaves for good! The topic at hand is, in fact, large celebrations in your world~

Do you like to include large, public holidays such as New Year's day in your stories? How do people in your world or setting celebrate it, or handle all the anticipation for it - and, is it different from the real world? For that matter, have you ever actually written a roleplay post, fiction chapter, act that happens during one of these holidays?
    I still haven't done anything like that, but I'll say that the beginning of Final Fantasy: Alternate presented a fairly similar situation in the Peace Conference celebrations that start off the story - tons of people all in one place to celebrate the end of hostilities, including all of the player characters. That was more of a one-time event, but again the setting is close enough.

Another question would be, what about celebrations you may have created yourself? Have you ever done that, and if so, what was that about? Maybe a National Holiday for that country you made? Or maybe a large town festival to celebrate a Legendary Pokémon? Once again, I have to say I never planned this out in my roleplays, but traces of big city festivals still are in some of my, well... nearly forgotten Fangame planning docs - and I know how important those events can be to bring people together.

Art from The Fruit of Grisaia

Years
  • Honestly, aside from stuff like the aforementioned FF:A chapter, I probably don't think of this sort of thing nearly enough.

Bay

Years
  • There was one time for a short Pokemon story I have the characters celebrate Christmas. It's about Professor Oak's presents to several characters. As for other celebrations, can't recall one for Pokemon but there have been a couple examples in my other works.

Back