• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I think I hate no$ GBA

Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2023
    Just who's brilliant idea was it, to put the write backup, and load backup buttons right beside each other.
    With no remap option!

Especially in a program without the ability to easily export saves!!

Just lost over an hour of gameplay even though I was making routine saves, and cost me my perfect paras.
    And I have to relevel my magikarp, again.

If someone knows a better gba emulator please let me know, if I can transfer my save safely I'd be happy to drop this thing.
    I tried gbe+ qt 1.2.7(i think) but it ran weird in gui for me, so it was unusable, looked amazing though never saw the sprites look that nice.

idk Maybe I had a bad install is it supposed to keep the command line open the whole time?

You know what, I take back my negative comment about the software/author on the official website it gives advice on how to transfer saves, which is more than certain other emulator teams allow. So thanks to the author of no$ gba, I'm switching emulators but I appreciate your work.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2023
    alright was a bit of work but it took changing the .ini file in no$gba (named no$gba) in that set sav/saveformat to equal Raw.
    Then load rom and save, this will output a raw 128kb file that most emulators can use.

For mgba save file has to be in the same place as the rom, so I copied my rom and the new 128kb save file into the same folder as the emulator root so I could find it easily.

After loading I still got the 1m subcircuit is not installed error, so I had to edit the .ini file for mgba as well. (Config)
    Go all the way to the bottom of the file where it says "savetype" set that to =raw as well.

Reload rom, and THEN it will work.

Overall this looks about as good as gbe+ did I think, pictures are brighter etc. maybe the brightness is all it is? hopefully I can dim it a bit, I think I saw settings for that...
    edit: it can adjust brightness on a gamma slider, very nice.

Last edited:
    Back