• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pokemon Soulstones [POSTGAME RELEASED]

Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2024
    Is there a limit on how many quests can you accept at the same time? I have a couple that I can't complete right now, and I don't want to choose what to do or not.

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
  • This is hands down got to be the most underrated fan made Pokémon game ever, and certainly deserves more attention. I've always been a fan of Reborn-esque inspired games, but not Reborn itself since the emphasis on the competitive side, new field effects, difficulty curve etc, really dettered me from having a very engaging play through. I really enjoyed Rejuvenation on casual mode, and absolutely loved Full Moon (does not have a thread on Pokecommunity, I think)

Soulstones does not overdo it with the difficulty curve, although I lost a few times, it strikes a perfect difficulty level, not to mention the storyline is so engaging. I love the writing in the game so far, I'm not yet done but I just felt that I needed to give my thanks. If anything, I hope more peeps actually give this a spin.

P.S: Epoch Rapidash is absolutely sick!

My only gripe however would be the lack of several important characters not having custom sprites like Cameron and Rhea, but that's honestly just a nitpick. Going to update from 1.015 to 1.016 now!

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2024
    This is hands down got to be the most underrated fan made Pokémon game ever, and certainly deserves more attention. I've always been a fan of Reborn-esque inspired games, but not Reborn itself since the emphasis on the competitive side, new field effects, difficulty curve etc, really dettered me from having a very engaging play through. I really enjoyed Rejuvenation on casual mode, and absolutely loved Full Moon (does not have a thread on Pokecommunity, I think)

Soulstones does not overdo it with the difficulty curve, although I lost a few times, it strikes a perfect difficulty level, not to mention the storyline is so engaging. I love the writing in the game so far, I'm not yet done but I just felt that I needed to give my thanks. If anything, I hope more peeps actually give this a spin.

P.S: Epoch Rapidash is absolutely sick!

My only gripe however would be the lack of several important characters not having custom sprites like Cameron and Rhea, but that's honestly just a nitpick. Going to update from 1.015 to 1.016 now!

I'm glad you liked it so much. I might go back to do some minor sprite edits to the characters later (e.g. change hair colour, clothes etc.), but the fundamental sprite design is unlikely to change from the base design of existing canon characters (e.g. Cameron being Blue/Gary).

Is there a limit on how many quests can you accept at the same time? I have a couple that I can't complete right now, and I don't want to choose what to do or not.

There is no hard limit to the quests you can take on, but for the sake of tracking, I would suggest you try to turn in your quests regularly for their rewards. The list of quests is quite long (70 or so) based on currently released content, so it can get a bit unwieldy to track down what objectives you need to complete if you keep too many quests on your quest log at any given time.

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2024
    To anyone reading this, the latest patch 1.0.17 has been uploaded and the main post has been updated with latest download links.

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
  • I just finished the current version, and goddamn, the cliffhanger has got me eagerly waiting on the post game. Really hope development is coming along well!

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2024
    Development on the second region is going quite well. Hopefully this image posts properly, but this is the map of the 2nd region that has been completed thus far! This is the current iteration and subject to change as development continues, of course.

Zjstcgr.png

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2023
    This game is awesome. I had a ton of fun playing through it. Lots of pokemon diversity as well as lots of cool shiny pokemon to get and use, and an awesome story on top of it. The only complaint i have is the items the opposing trainers used, some of the battles towards the end they used like 8 healing items and it was frustrating, other than that a great game. look forward to the next update

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2024
    Glad you enjoyed the game and thanks for the feedback. One of the main issues I see is that the AI in the game is fairly basic and doesn't know how to take advantage of some of the strategies despite giving them very competitive teams. Unfortunately, what ends up happening is that the AI makes the poor choice of wasting all of its healing items to restore a Pokemon rather than switching the weakened one out when facing off against a type disadvantage. I'm still looking into ways I can improve the AI, but it's a long-term project for me to work on improving the quality of the AI.

Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2023
    not finished yet love the game so far.

i am wondering about the SE if using moves is there suposed be sound or is it missing ?

and also everytime i start the game i get a warning about missing fonts .. english is not my language so if its hard to read i apologize

Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2023
    Glad you enjoyed the game and thanks for the feedback. One of the main issues I see is that the AI in the game is fairly basic and doesn't know how to take advantage of some of the strategies despite giving them very competitive teams. Unfortunately, what ends up happening is that the AI makes the poor choice of wasting all of its healing items to restore a Pokemon rather than switching the weakened one out when facing off against a type disadvantage. I'm still looking into ways I can improve the AI, but it's a long-term project for me to work on improving the quality of the AI.

Yeah fair enough. I really enjoyed the game though. Probably more than i enjoyed any other, for sure one of the best fan games. Excited for new updates.

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2024
    not finished yet love the game so far.

i am wondering about the SE if using moves is there suposed be sound or is it missing ?

and also everytime i start the game i get a warning about missing fonts .. english is not my language so if its hard to read i apologize

If you're missing some sound, you may not have downloaded the Part 2 file which contains all the audio files you need. Alternatively, if you did and still don't hear the audio, you may not have extracted the Part 2 folder to the same folder where Part 1 was extracted.

Regarding the font error, you should go to the Fonts folder, select all, right click as administrator and install and that should make the font error go away.

Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2023
    The font problem was taken care so thanks but SE is still the same i hear most sounds only not the ones if using atack like the sound you hear using flamethrower for example...

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2024
    The font problem was taken care so thanks but SE is still the same i hear most sounds only not the ones if using atack like the sound you hear using flamethrower for example...

This is a very puzzling bug. I might suggest you join the Discord and private message me because I might be able to help troubleshoot. I suspect there's something conflicting happening in the way you downloaded and extracted the audio file as I've not had any other player run into this issue.

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2024
    Development on the post game is going quite well. I will be releasing another patch in the next couple days most likely with a few more quality of life improvements such as move tutors now being able to teach egg moves and a text skip feature to allow veteran players to skip past story cutscenes and get to the action much faster. Thereafter, the next major content update will include approximately 60 - 80 more regional variants added, and thereafter the post-game!

Stay tuned!

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2022
    Hey, I'm sure you have received lots of praise by now, but you won't mind getting another one right? XD

Being a pure player of pokemon official/fan games without any developer experience, here are some features of the game that I really appreciate:
    1. Very player-friendly experience. With the IV, EV, Blissey experience trainers and the nature changer, it allows me to customize my team with the most optimized values which I always hope for in a pokemon game. You know, I am into the pokemon games for more than 15 years now and I still haven't tried to deliberately grind my team to have perfect IVs/EVs/Natures without too much wasted efforts (as you said, throwing 100 balls on the same pokemon in the wild). But now I can actually do that without a sweat :) So far I don't think there are other fan games that incorporate this feature which makes this game very player-friendly to me at least. Correct me if I'm wrong.

2. The sidequests and easter eggs are very well-designed and with a lot of varieties.
    Spoiler:

3. I love the amount of content that you can explore with. Apart from the Epoch variants that many players already praised you about, there are many other things like sidequest areas, hidden grottos for shiny hunting. I am the perfectionist kind of guy and I talk to every NPC and finish all the sidequests before progressing with the plot. So far I am just at the part where I went to a new part of land with a submarine, but I already have about 36 hours of gameplay. I love the long games with lots to explore. This game gives me that which is greatly appreciated, especially considering you just developed SOLO for only 8 months or so. Magnificant.

4. The storyline is great. I am not going to spoil anything here so I will just leave it like that.

5. The randomizer part in the first pokemon center or so, which I can exchange a wide range of pokemons. I got my Epoch Kabutops that way, and with max IVs in Atk and Spd and Adament/Jolly nature, it is unstoppable!

There are some areas that you may consider to amend, purely based on my opinion:
    1. I would love to see more refined overworld graphics (not the Gen 3 style). This is a small thing though (especially if revamping the graphics takes huge efforts), as storyline and gameplay experience are way more important. Just saying cuz it could affect the first impression when new players are looking at the screenshots and considering whether to download the game. Would be a shame if someone walks away simply because of Gen 3 graphics, not trying out this underrated game.

2. The Wiki. I notice that only the first parts of the areas are covered in the current wiki. When I am trying to complete a sidequest that needs a specific pokemon (or simply if I want a specific pokemon in my team), even with the pokedex it is hard to know exactly how to obtain. Example is a shellder I need for a sidequest and it is available from the icy cave (forget the name..) 2/F (with the help of pokedex and encounter). I really need to look it up on Wiki to know it is available with a good rod in the small pond. But for later parts of the game there is not a Wiki so it may be difficult in this sense.

Nonetheless, it is an excellent game to say the least. I have played through more than 20 pokemon fan games now and this game is definitely on my top 3. I really look forward when the post-game content is released and any new projects you will be working on in the future.

P.S. I played for so long now and this is the first time I opened an account here, just to type this to you. Keep up the brilliant work!

Last edited:

Tenshi333

I love Fairy Tail and Fairy types
    Years
  • Hey, I'm sure you have received lots of praise by now, but you won't mind getting another one right? XD

Being a pure player of pokemon official/fan games without any developer experience, here are some features of the game that I really appreciate:
    1. Very player-friendly experience. With the IV, EV, Blissey experience trainers and the nature changer, it allows me to customize my team with the most optimized values which I always hope for in a pokemon game. You know, I am into the pokemon games for more than 15 years now and I still haven't tried to deliberately grind my team to have perfect IVs/EVs/Natures without too much wasted efforts (as you said, throwing 100 balls on the same pokemon in the wild). But now I can actually do that without a sweat :) So far I don't think there are other fan games that incorporate this feature which makes this game very player-friendly to me at least. Correct me if I'm wrong.

2. The sidequests and easter eggs are very well-designed and with a lot of varieties.
    Spoiler:

3. I love the amount of content that you can explore with. Apart from the Epoch variants that many players already praised you about, there are many other things like sidequest areas, hidden grottos for shiny hunting. I am the perfectionist kind of guy and I talk to every NPC and finish all the sidequests before progressing with the plot. So far I am just at the part where I went to a new part of land with a submarine, but I already have about 36 hours of gameplay. I love the long games with lots to explore. This game gives me that which is greatly appreciated, especially considering you just developed SOLO for only 8 months or so. Magnificant.

4. The storyline is great. I am not going to spoil anything here so I will just leave it like that.

5. The randomizer part in the first pokemon center or so, which I can exchange a wide range of pokemons. I got my Epoch Kabutops that way, and with max IVs in Atk and Spd and Adament/Jolly nature, it is unstoppable!

There are some areas that you may consider to amend, purely based on my opinion:
    1. I would love to see more refined overworld graphics (not the Gen 3 style). This is a small thing though (especially if revamping the graphics takes huge efforts), as storyline and gameplay experience are way more important. Just saying cuz it could affect the first impression when new players are looking at the screenshots and considering whether to download the game. Would be a shame if someone walks away simply because of Gen 3 graphics, not trying out this underrated game.

2. The Wiki. I notice that only the first parts of the areas are covered in the current wiki. When I am trying to complete a sidequest that needs a specific pokemon (or simply if I want a specific pokemon in my team), even with the pokedex it is hard to know exactly how to obtain. Example is a shellder I need for a sidequest and it is available from the icy cave (forget the name..) 2/F (with the help of pokedex and encounter). I really need to look it up on Wiki to know it is available with a good rod in the small pond. But for later parts of the game there is not a Wiki so it may be difficult in this sense.

Nonetheless, it is an excellent game to say the least. I have played through more than 20 pokemon fan games now and this game is definitely on my top 3. I really look forward when the post-game content is released and any new projects you will be working on in the future.

P.S. I played for so long now and this is the first time I opened an account here, just to type this to you. Keep up the brilliant work!

Hi, I'm Angie, one of the Mods in the Discord. Jos will come here and properly answer you, but I just wanted to inform you of something real quick!
    Regarding the Wiki, that's still a WIP, since the people working on it are doing it all alone, so we ask you to hang on for a little while that gets worked on. Also, if you really need to ask questions, feel free to join the Discord! We're happy to help you in any situation you may represent! If you don't have an account and/or don't feel like joining, then Jos will answer you here ASAP.
    p.s: In the Discord, you can download the PBS files that show encounters and much, much more info regarding the game!
    Thanks for feedback!

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2024
    Hey, I'm sure you have received lots of praise by now, but you won't mind getting another one right? XD

Spoiler:

Hi there!
    Thanks for the great review. I'm glad you're enjoying the game. Regarding revamping the overworld graphics, a lot of the Gen 3 assets come from other games that I've credited such as Reborn and Rejuvenation. I have been making some revisions for special areas, but for the most part they are assets I have borrowed. I wouldn't be looking to update this game to Gen 4 style as that's a pervasive thing that you can't do to just one area without looking out of place. Part of the things I want to go back to improve upon later is to revise the look of some of the early game areas all the way up to Treetop Village as those are some of the very first maps I created. I've since learned a lot more and the quality of them definitely has gotten better over time. Unfortunately, if people only want to play Gen 4 games and not Gen 3 games I will lose them as an audience. If this wasn't the point of your feedback and I misunderstood what you were suggesting I amend, please let me know?

2. I believe one of my mods, Angie, in the post above, responded to this. The wiki has basically almost fully developed by one player that started doing it by himself single-handedly (a few others have helped too here and there) so I have him to thank for the status of where the wiki is right now. When I am finished building the post-game, I plan to continue updating the wiki, but it's only to the point that it is right now because of the generosity of some players :) ! If you are stuck though, feel free to join the Discord as I only check the PC post periodically.

Thanks!
    - Jos

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2022
    Hi, I'm Angie, one of the Mods in the Discord. Jos will come here and properly answer you, but I just wanted to inform you of something real quick!
    Regarding the Wiki, that's still a WIP, since the people working on it are doing it all alone, so we ask you to hang on for a little while that gets worked on. Also, if you really need to ask questions, feel free to join the Discord! We're happy to help you in any situation you may represent! If you don't have an account and/or don't feel like joining, then Jos will answer you here ASAP.
    p.s: In the Discord, you can download the PBS files that show encounters and much, much more info regarding the game!
    Thanks for feedback!

Hi Angie, nice to know the Wiki is IP. Is there a way I can contribute? For example the page about Epoch Gengar, it cannot learn Thunderbolt (by level up or TM) as the Wiki page currently suggested.

Last edited:
    Back