• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Game Help: Which game should i buy?

Years
  • I'm thinking of buying a new pokemon main series game and i can't decide so i will ask the community. I own Alpha sapphire, Soul silver, and Diamond and i've played White 2. I own a dsi and 2ds (i don't have the money for a 3ds so please don't say that i should buy one). I also have a budget of 40$.

Last edited:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    I own a dsi and 2ds (i don't have the money for a 3ds so please don't say that i should buy one).
    Eh, there's no point in buying a 3DS when you already have a 2DS, no one gives a shit about the 3D feature lol

But anyway, given what you already have, Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon sounds like the best thing to buy to me. It's obviously not out yet so there's no true guarantee of its quality, but I find it rather unlikely that it won't be some degree of better than Sun/Moon. And really with US/UM coming out in a few weeks, S/M are really not worth it as your first foray into Gen 7.

Years
  • Ok thanks. US/UM seem to be the games my friends are recommending i get once they come out so i think that one of them is going to be my next game. Now i just have to figure out which one lol.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • <p>Yeah don't bother with SM with the next versions coming out in less than a month. Pok?mon games don't really use the 3D feature much at all outside of battles, which everyone turns off anyways because of the lag it causes (~10 FPS).</p>

Years
  • I'm with the others. No point in getting S/M when US/UM's release is right around the corner, and it's definitely going to have better content as well.

Back