• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Event: Sun and Moon Pre-release thread!

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    It's that time again guys, over the next two days many venues will be holding pre-release events! I've set this thread up as a master thread for people to post Pre-release pulls, match reports and general chit chat around the events :>

What are you guys looking forward to most? I absolutely want to get the Oranguru pre-release pack, that card looks mad.

Years
  • Going to my first ever Pokemon event of any kind today and super excited about it all! Hopefully get to meet other players who are local to me and start playing more IRL. I agree about Oranguru that is definitely the one that I want to draw.

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Going to my first ever Pokemon event of any kind today and super excited about it all! Hopefully get to meet other players who are local to me and start playing more IRL. I agree about Oranguru that is definitely the one that I want to draw.

In fairness man Shiinotic is pretty good too and Passimian/Bruxish are both very interesting cards

Years
  • This is very true. A lot of people are saying that they think Iran guru may become quite expensive if it proves as good as the hype and is playable. Not so sure myself

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    This is very true. A lot of people are saying that they think Iran guru may become quite expensive if it proves as good as the hype and is playable. Not so sure myself

What an auto correct haha!

He'll likely not be too pricey, he's in a pre-release pack, the fire theme deck and is only a normal holo. Probably we'll see him sit around Octillery prices.

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Came fourth out of 28 so happy with that, got a few bits I really wanted too (though through trading). Will post pics later. Got another event tomorrow so will see if I get that dirty SR ultra ball :>

Years
  • Came fourth out of 28 so happy with that, got a few bits I really wanted too (though through trading). Will post pics later. Got another event tomorrow so will see if I get that dirty SR ultra ball :>

What dominated? I wasn't able to make the one I wanted to attend today and I want to be prepared for the ones I plan on attending next weekend.

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    What dominated? I wasn't able to make the one I wanted to attend today and I want to be prepared for the ones I plan on attending next weekend.

Sorry bud, my data coverage has been terrible over the weekend, I tried replying Sun morning but couldn't.

Passimian is the one to watch for, thanks to the stupid pre-release rule that the 4card limit isn't in effect and thanks to passimian being an uncommon. Most decks run 4, some 6 if they were lucky enough to get 6.

I used Lanturn/Passimian on day 1, coming fourth and I used Bats/Passimian on day 2, coming seventh.

Tech in a Pyukumuku if you get any, won me two rounds on day 1 thanks to it dealing 60 on knock out and a 1 energy attack that is feasibly likely to do between 30-120 depending on your luck

Years
  • Sorry bud, my data coverage has been terrible over the weekend, I tried replying Sun morning but couldn't.

Passimian is the one to watch for, thanks to the stupid pre-release rule that the 4card limit isn't in effect and thanks to passimian being an uncommon. Most decks run 4, some 6 if they were lucky enough to get 6.

I used Lanturn/Passimian on day 1, coming fourth and I used Bats/Passimian on day 2, coming seventh.

Tech in a Pyukumuku if you get any, won me two rounds on day 1 thanks to it dealing 60 on knock out and a 1 energy attack that is feasibly likely to do between 30-120 depending on your luck

Passiman looks very nice and it fits with everything. It's pretty crazy.

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Okay, guys, running Passiman/Lanturn at this event I'm at. Wish me luck!

Lanturn/passimian is top deck for the events really, it hard counters Bats and Butterfree has a lot of trouble against it too. Unless anyone has pulled any decent GXs etc then I think you've got a real good chance :)

Years
  • Lanturn/passimian is top deck for the events really, it hard counters Bats and Butterfree has a lot of trouble against it too. Unless anyone has pulled any decent GXs etc then I think you've got a real good chance :)

I ran up against a guy who pulled both Decidueye GX and Tauros GX in my final match. Still posted 4th out of 22 with a 2-1 record, though. I got off to a crap start and only got back in it with back to back to back Lillies, but he had Decidueye GX all powered up by then.

Good luck! I wanted to attended another one but they were all over 30 miles away :(

My choices were all 30 miles away to begin with, so it was either drive that far or not make one at all.

Back