• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Discussion] 2017 Secret Santa

Years
Spoiler: gangueevee
MISSING ELF: 32 years old, salt-and-pepper toupee, minty cologne, penchant for finger guns. Last seen in loose, red-and-white-striped tie, suit vest, white cuffed shirt, slacks, and pointed-toe shoes.

secret_skant.png

Signed photograph planted on the site of the Wigs for Winter charity event post-robbery.

xx From the JINGLE BELL BUGLE, ISSUE 172
Headline: WORKSHOP CEO SEEKS FORGIVENESS

Reporters last Sunday witnessed Claus' Workshop CEO, Eben Kane, making his first public appearance since his departure in downtown Manhattan delivering presents amongst a cast of colorful characters.

"He said in his tweet he'd wanted to redeem himself, but this ridiculous." stated a Workshop PR manager with evident dismay. "At this point, he's just encroaching on other people's' responsibilities."

Said highly-penitent tweet posted five hours before Kane's disappearance from the North Pole addressed a slew of misconduct charges facing the eleven entrepreneur. After meeting the 280 character limit, news outlets sought the CEO's final world on the matter. What met them instead: a formal announcement of Chairman Benedict Grunclestack's substitution; Kane had vanished from the dimension of magic altogether.

Grunclestack has otherwise remained quiet on anything regarding Kane's antics, though an interview with 12 Days suggests, in his mind, the accusations have so far seemed "difficult to prove," or are otherwise "blown out of reasonable proportion."

A long -time employee at Claus' Workshop, who chose to remain anonymous, claims otherwise. "We've [the majority of staff] known for years.. as long as [I've been] on the assembly, we've seen Mr. Kane [make passes] at other workers. Y'know, the whole 'look who's under the mistletoe' shtick. It's honestly disgusting."

Kane himself is not a novice in the realm of public dissent. Prior to the business prodigy acquiring Claus' Workshop Inc. three years ago, he made waves with his controversial opinions regarding Hanukkah as "a myth" and that "anyone [Semitic] who takes a candle holder to heart should seriously get some holiday spirit."

Kane has also gone on record stating children should know the truth about where their Christmas presents oftentimes come from, going so far as to petition the Santa Secrecy Act established 1815, an act which even Santa Claus himself professed as "thoroughly uncalled for."

Mr. Claus has let to imply regret towards Kane's purchase of the longstanding Claus family business all the same.

"He's an accomplished businessman," the Workshop's founder admitted to us at Bugle late last January. "He's taken [the Workshop] farther than I'd have imagined. Not to mention, he's rich."

It is unprecedented in elven history for one of their own to gain this level of prominence in the business world; within Claus' Workshop Inc., Kane is responsible for over eighty thousand job positions, single-handedly usurping the unpaid labor force in manpower.

"It's why we never came out before," said Meryl "Minty" Monroe, high-profile Christmas album producer, and one of thirteen Ice Breakers to come out against Kane's alleged charity disruptions, as well as the woman least expected to press charges against Kane "He has so much sway here. But you can't just avoid the consequences for stealing that much hair. Honestly, what kind of man would want to screw over cancer patients, or would need a toupee himself that badly?"

This week marks the first inclination of Eben Kane's involvement in the Global Gift Delivery Initiative (GGDI), started 2015, the same year as his promotion to CEO. With the entrepreneur being accused even throughout the elven community for his involvement in and subsequent sabotage of non-profit organizations and campaigns, critics aren't sure how to digest his latest move.

"I don't buy it." Retired toy craftsmanship manager, pro-wrestler, and past employee of Kane's -- having spent his last two years in the company underneath him -- Darry "Cold Snow" Flattenburg is adamant. Snow told Bugle, in regards to his old employer, "He's crazy, and he's done some terrible, no-good things… This can't be a [genuine] act."

Snow isn't the first hiree of Kane's to show disapproval. Celebrity YouTuber and social media personality Faux Rallé spoke out about the issue. His tweet was derisive, but definitive: "[Eben Kane] bought himself into power, and now he's using magic to stay there."

It is a theory that has, until now, lacked proper footing. Kane's involvement with Christmas magic was not unknown to the majority until last year when his thaumatologist was coaxed into talking by Bugle affiliates. "It's rather hard to distinguish-- er, notice," the expert explained in an exclusive interview, "but it can be categorized as 'charming,' in a way. It's certainly not the benevolent white lies usually characteristic of this festive brand of spellcasting."

Kane's ability, therefore, manifests more as demands than suggestions. "He can coerce a subject into achieving any state or perspective he so chooses, as long as his wants and desires overpower their own," the doctor concluded.

This takeaway stands conspicuously similar to accounts made by Kane's cohorts and staff. His secretary claimed, on one occasion, the wallpaper of the entire first-story floor had transformed before her very eyes at the snap of her boss' fingers.

"It happened in a big, gaudy show of sparkles," the little elf recounted. "I forgot all about it for the longest time, though. Once all this talk came out about Mr. Kane leaving the North Pole, though, people started asking what I knew… I tried so hard to remember, and it was like I'd never forgotten!"

Even still, "The Kane I know wouldn't have used his powers for bad things, more so to make a statement," theorized Congressman Jessie J. Millfort, a close friend of Kane, in a TV interview. "He's a good man… self-serving, though... At any rate, he's probably out giving toys to kids to prove to the corrupt media outlets out there how great of a person he is deep down.

"Though, ultimately, I guess it's up to you and how you want to portray him, huh?"

See Page 9C for follow-up editorial: 'A HOLLY JOLLY CORRUPTED CHRISTMAS: THE LONG-AVOIDED TREACHERY OF EBEN KANE.'

Years
Spoiler: Kitty
Names are hard, so many different friends sharing their thoughts with me, so many feelings...OH I KNOW! CALL ME FRIENDER! FRIENDER MCLOVEBALL - No that's a bit weird, isn't it? How about Lovebug?"

Race: Mind-Controlling parasite. They have no proper scientific designation and are usually referred to as "Brain Slugs"

Appearance: Lovebug's default appearance is that of a small, mostly shapeless, squishy, goopy creature only a few inches long with dots for eyes and a curved line-like mouth to form what can only be called a cartoon smile. Most of the time Lovebug simply looks like who or whatever she is controlling at any given time as she completely melts into whatever she takes over. The only change shown in whatever she controls is her own innocent, ever-friendly face overtaking that of her victi - er, friend.

The Rest: LOVE LOVE LOVE AND FRIENDSHIP ALL DAY ERRYDAY! Lovebug is always happy all the time, either too ignorant or quite literally too full of pure joy and adventure to ever feel any real negative emotions of her own, the only exception being when whatever "friend" she's currently controlling is hurt. Lovebug can only move in short hops on her own and gets both her sustenance and her FRIENDSHIP AND ADVENTURE FIX from controlling other living things by melting into whatever part of their body she touches first. Despite the fact that Lovebug cannot properly communicate with whoever she controls at any given time, she considers every person she controls or has controlled to be her friends, seeing everything she does while in control of them as her and her friend going on adventures and seeing the world together.

Lovebug wants only to make as many friends as possible all over the world and have fun with them, she loves nothing more than putting a smile on someone's face - through mind control or otherwise - and of course couldn't possibly resist the call for delivering presents. "I MEAN HOW COULD I POSSIBLY RESIST SANTA IS LIKE THE BESTEST FRIEND EVER TO EVERYONE! HE ALWAYS MAKES EVERYONE SMILE AND WORKS SO HARD AND OHMYGOSH HE IS SO GREAT I WISH I COULD JUST BE HIS FRIEND AND GO ON ADVENTURES WITH HIM buuuuuuuuuuuut I guess I'll settle for helping him out with some other friends~"

Back