• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HeartGold hack: Pokémon Heart Red - Red/Blue Remake for Nintendo DS

Years
    • Seen May 30, 2022
    Update.

I could use some help creating / modifying the graphics for the game. Things like the intro or touchsceen.

Code:
    ---v0.4.7.3

- Can get Flash from Prof Oak's aide on Route 2.
    - Moon Stone & Hp Up added on Route 2.
    - Wild Encounters updated on Routes 4, 5, 6, 11, 24 & 25.
    - Prof. Oak's last Pokemon now stays on the table throughout the game.
    - Various NPC improvements.
    - Fixed the movesets of many trainers.
    - Fixed a crash on the S.S Anne.
    - Fixed a bug where a NPC would teach you Mega Kick.

I can help if you want, after 9 august I can get to work!

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2020
    I can help if you want, after 9 august I can get to work!

Feel free to you or anyone to that wants to modify sprites/graphics/maps and send me the files. I would rather spend my time scripting right now than messing around with those.

Anyone that helps will get credit.

Some things I need are:
    1. Trainer Card
    2. Oak's intro scene graphics
    3. Replace Lyra back-sprite with Old Man
    4. Touchscreen / Buttons (red tint)

Years
    • Seen Nov 25, 2016
    I was so hyped about this project that I decided to make an account here and post an idea that I had.

Instead of including Johto as an entire other region, you should just include Mt. Silver. Instead of fighting Red for getting to the top (since you are Red in the hack) you find Mew. Once you capture or defeat Mew, the games credits appear. And if you want to, make it so you can only get to Mt. Silver until you have all 150 other Pokemon. Just a thought I had.

Years
    • Seen Sep 6, 2016
    Could you release a version without the fairy-type changes, or move it to its own patch? It seems like a nice addition, but I think it'd be better as optional/separate.
    1. It seems like it entails a lot of work in modifying the pokedex, pokemon data and introducing new moves that may or may not get completed.
    2. Without those changes, it doesn't seem like there's anything that should break trading or battling when used in an actual DS. (This is my main personal motivation for asking)
    3. If it's moved to a separate patch, it'll be more widely usable for anyone who wants to hack HGSS.

Of course, this is your thing, so feel free to say "sod off" and do whatever keeps you happy/motivated.

Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2022
    Great job cant wait to see that finished.

Are you planning to do some pokemon balancing? If so my request is to make Mawile bit more avaible since it is very bad without mega evolution, thanks! And if it would be catchable early ingame. (yep mawile fan here ;).

Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016
    I know you're probably getting a maddening amount of suggestions for this hack. Here's another! Any chance we might see an option to limit the hack to only the original 151 pokemon? I'm cool with the extra pokemon, but going back to only having the original 151 would really give folks an option to experience the original red and blue games. Or heck, maybe an option to unlock the new pokemon in the wild once you beat the elite 4.

Either way, really looking forward to this seeing this completed. Wife and I currently play leaf green and fire red separately on DS. We don't have GBAs, so ... no battles, trading, etc. I think its awesome to have see LG and FR remakes for DS so we can do that.

Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2017
    Echoing what ilparte said, I'd really enjoy a patch that only included pokemon that canonically live in Kanto. Essentially a 151+ the prevolutions and evolutions of said 151.

Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2022
    I am excited for this. I would be happy to have all 493 Pokemon from gens 1-4 here... and maybe Sylveon if possible :o

Good luck, this already looks great.

Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2023
    Awesome work with this, I really look forward for this to be completed but please just make a remake of Firered.. Screw all the new pokemons.. xD Or as ilparte said to unlock them after the elite four.

Am i the only one who just want Gen1 pokemons for this game? xD

RomHackerFireRed

Hello! i just make a new hack for Pokemon HG/SS for playing as red i changed all sprites for ethan like overworld sprite, trainer card, hm sprites, the intro for a new game, mugshot if you are interested please contact me okey?

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2020
    Could you release a version without the fairy-type changes, or move it to its own patch? It seems like a nice addition, but I think it'd be better as optional/separate.
    1. It seems like it entails a lot of work in modifying the pokedex, pokemon data and introducing new moves that may or may not get completed.
    2. Without those changes, it doesn't seem like there's anything that should break trading or battling when used in an actual DS. (This is my main personal motivation for asking)
    3. If it's moved to a separate patch, it'll be more widely usable for anyone who wants to hack HGSS.

Of course, this is your thing, so feel free to say "sod off" and do whatever keeps you happy/motivated.

I could possibly make a second version if it breaks multiplayer.

1. All that work is being done already, I don't have to do anything.
    2. Have you tested multiplayer with the fairy version?
    3. How so? This is already intended to be a base ROM when it's finished.
    I suggest to remove Dunsparce and add Sylveon (?)

I am going to be implementing an expanded pokedex so there's no need to replace pokemon.

I know you're probably getting a maddening amount of suggestions for this hack. Here's another! Any chance we might see an option to limit the hack to only the original 151 pokemon? I'm cool with the extra pokemon, but going back to only having the original 151 would really give folks an option to experience the original red and blue games. Or heck, maybe an option to unlock the new pokemon in the wild once you beat the elite 4.

The pokemon available for catching will be the same as the originals / FRLG. The first 151 only. You will be able to own or trade pokemon from higher generations though. The only exceptions may be new evolutions of old pokemon, and egg pokemon.

After the base ROMs are finished I will be making an extended version with more stuff to do.

Back