• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HeartGold hack: Pokémon Heart Red - Red/Blue Remake for Nintendo DS

Years
  • Seen Jun 24, 2020
Update.

Code:
---v0.4.2

- ROM now runs on flash carts.
- Snorlax removed in Vermillion.
- Music in Pallet Town house corrected.
- Can now trigger Oak Parcel script from all directions.
- Script, sprite, and dialogue fixes.
- Fixed map when entering a house in pewter city.

Years
  • Seen Jan 8, 2017
Update.

Code:
---v0.4.3

- Route 11 now has the correct trainers.
- Added Guard NPC to Route 11.
- Snorlax now blocking Route 12.
- Blocked Saffron City from Vermillion entrance.
- Script and dialogue fixes.

Hack looks really promissing. Good luck on your work! ^^

Last edited:

AtecainCorp.

Rejishan awake...
Years
Well... Very Nice. But you do not wonder about Increase Mt.Moon? You can use Mt.Moon square map as extra place for underground section of Mt.Moon. Only one Rocket Grunt and Nerd do not slove problem. Anyways. Pewter City revive fossils? Weird. Better rebuild Cinnabar Island and make it good as oryginal.

Years
  • Seen Jun 24, 2020
Update.

You can now get the third badge.

Code:
---v0.4.4

- Third badge now available from Vermillion Gym.
- Rival Battle on S.S Anne.
- Receive HM01 from Captain on S.S Anne.
- Added trainers with correct Pokemon on S.S Anne.
- Trade Abra for a Jynx on Route 2.
- Trade Nidoran(M) for a Nidoran(F) on Route 5.
- Added many NPCs with their dialogue.
- Removed item on Route 2.
- Blocked various entrances on Route 2.
- Removed the second shop keeper from marts.
- Script and dialogue fixes.

poopydude

PKMN Master
Years
Do you plan on making Johto available, maybe reworking the storyline in someway to make it relevant? Have you planned on doing something with Mt. Silver? Maybe a final rival battle?

Love the progress you have made so far. I will definitely be following this project.

Years
  • Seen Jun 24, 2020
Updated the main post with more information. It should answer some of your questions.

Also, a new update.

Code:
---v0.4.5

- Implemented a new logo on the title screen.
- Bicycle available from Cerulean Bike Shop.
- Trade Spearow for a Farfetch'd in Vermillion.
- Fixed a freeze in Vermillion.
- Fixed a bug where you could do trades multiple times.
- Added correct NPC dialogue and Pokemon overworlds to Trainers club.

Years
I've been following this hack for a fair bit of time in between school and working with other Rom Hack projects, I see some great potential for an amazing hack!

I hope you can dedicate more time to the project and get a lot more done, maybe even add some *4th Gen* and above features that'd make the game unique in it's own right!

Good luck! Keep up the great work!

Serilei

Child Of The Korn
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen May 6, 2016
I am most definitely playing this right now. Excellent so far. I know you are busy, so I will just drop a few questions and some points just as a general discussion.

Will you actually put Mew under that truck? Maybe some short side mission? I think that would be cool.

How close are you trying to get it to the original games? Does this mean no Johto Pokémon at all? I would be cool with this personally.

I like the idea of that old guy in Viridian having a Marill, even if you can't capture it in game and even if you can't catch Johto pokemon. It feels like a mystery, an element of surprise wondering where that guy got that pokemon that isn't in the 151. A few pokemon from Johto in the game, again, could be cool to keep the interest of the player. The pokemon would not be able to be captured of course. The Pokémon would be with an NPC.

Would you actually implement any dual battles in the game? I know you are trying to stay original, but maybe a few updated elements wouldn't hurt?

I think some hints at Johto in your game would keep some general interest of the player though you (if you choose) cannot get into Johto period. You only hear about it once or twice in the game.

I know it is a tough idea whether to implement past 151 or not. But today vs 1996 was that Pokémon wasn't planned far enough ahead to know about new types, regions, game mechanics etc. So I know it is a tough battle.

Will you add the new types like dark, steel and fairy? Again, just some updated game mechanics since they weren't thought of back in the day.

I think it would be cool to get a mega stone at the end of the game or maybe before the final gym leader. I am talking about Pokémon Origins. I think mega evolutions could be cool towards the end game. Maybe have the final gym leader with a mega evolution or maybe one elite four member.

What about a Deoxys fossil / DNA in the museum in Pewter? I don't mean you could get it, but I mean that they found some stuff from space. More like a reference, something to alert the player's interest. You don't even have to say the Pokemon by name.

I think having berries and being able to call people would be a good added mechanic for 2016 for your game.

I hacked in a Leafeon and an Espeon, that helping hand move is of no use if you take dual battles out.

I think it would be a nice surprise to include the original Professor Oak battle that was supposed to be in the original games into your game. Professor Oak was a badass.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Mar 9, 2016
Very nice, I'm currently playing through it now. I know its still in the early stages but it is already awesome and its good to see it has been picked back up again.

Years
  • Age 44
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
I can't patch it, can someone give me the game patched all ready? I need play it in my DS

Back