• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Let's talk types

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2018
    Not just your favorites, but least too, and please elaborate.

Favorites:

Fire-
    My favorite type in general, just to use too is Fire. Red's my favorite color, I love attack oriented (my nature is spot on) and speed and power. Fire can also be very versatile to use in many ways and generally adhere to my play style.

Fighting-
    For a lot of the same reasons as above, but they aren't quite as versatile sometimes.

-Fairy
    I also quite enjoy Fairy, if only due to how unique and skilled they are. I tend to have a lot of fun.

(all F's on the red spectrum in color, haha, didn't plan that)

Least favorites are

-Normal
    It's just kinda boring to me, and that's the point of it. They don't excel at anything, can't really be used efficiently with STAB. Rather unmemorable to me. Generally don't stick out, which is sad, since I like a lot of Normal Pokemon, but it only makes me wish they could be elevated past it, even only with a dual typing or something.

-Grass
    Grass is the polar opposite of my play style; slow and sturdy, maybe even walling. Green is the exact opposite of red, after all. I like some Grass types, and it can be fun at times, but I generally choose something else when given the choice.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    My favorites are

Normal: They don't learn lots of STAB moves, but they learn lots of coverage moves. Exploud for example, can learn Surf, Flamethrower/Fire Blast, Ice Beam/Blizzard. This makes them really fun to me.

Dragon: They hit very hard, and are very satisfying to reach the high levels to evolve. Dragon Dance is also one of my favorite moves. I also like how they resist the three basic types (Grass, Water, Fire).

Least Favorites:

Bug: I just don't find most of them interesting, and tons of them are weak early game stuff.

Rock: Just because it's usually slapped on as a dual type, and there's only a few Pokemon that are solo rock types.

Years
    • Age 23
    • She/Her
    • Canada
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    Fav Types:

Psychic: A lot of my all-time favourite pokemon are psychic types (Gardevoir, Espeon, etc). I've always been fascinated with telekinesis and psychic type abilities. Moreover, I'm a big fan of special attackers.

Flying: Extremely versatile, there's just so many flying type pokemon that I adore!

Fairy: Very useful in battle, absolutely obliterate any dragon type opponents. But more importantly, fairy types are just so cute and endearing! Ahh I love them so much.

Other types that I LOVE: Grass, Bug, Ice, Electric (I have a lot, Ik)

Least favs:

Rock: There aren't a lot of Rock type pokemon that appeal to me, they also tend to be incredibly slow which is a little irritating.

Poison: I mean, Garbordor is a thing. Yeah, no. There's some really poor design concepts. Again, a lot of Poison times fail to allure me.

Ground: A little bland in my opinion. They also oppose flying types, and similarly to rock, tend to be a little sluggish. (Although there are some amazing Ground types, such as Garchomp and Mamoswine.)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2018
    My favorites are

Normal: They don't learn lots of STAB moves, but they learn lots of coverage moves. Exploud for example, can learn Surf, Flamethrower/Fire Blast, Ice Beam/Blizzard. This makes them really fun to me.

Dragon: They hit very hard, and are very satisfying to reach the high levels to evolve. Dragon Dance is also one of my favorite moves. I also like how they resist the three basic types (Grass, Water, Fire).

Least Favorites:

Bug: I just don't find most of them interesting, and tons of them are weak early game stuff.

Rock: Just because it's usually slapped on as a dual type, and there's only a few Pokemon that are solo rock types.

I can't believe I forgot Dragon. That's how little they mean to me, I can't even recall them for a list.

I apologize to Normal and Grass, my least favorite is bar none Dragon.

Uninspired, overpowered, tedious typing. I applauded when Fairy brought them down a notch.

Whenever I think of Dragon Masters like Lance, all that comes to mind is "12.year old boy" instead. Not a fan of Dragon at all. That's my fix to my list.

Last edited:

Cool_Porygon

Lurking in the shadows
    Years
  • I like the style of most Fire, Electric and Psychic types and wish there was more of them. I really like Fairy type because they are tough. Grass and Water come next mostly because there are so many, though some of them are dull.
    Least favourite is Poison, though there are some individuals that I like.

probablyhylian

illusion is mine
    Years
  • Psychic, Ghost, and Dark are all about on the same playing field for me. I feel like I tend to be drawn to the Pokemon designs of these types a little bit more so than others.

Dragon, Ground and Steel I think I could put as honorable mentions.x

It's tough to say a least favorite. Although I do enjoy the addition of Fairy types I don't seem to care much for the Pokemon with the exception of a few. I tend to skip over a lot of bug Pokemon as well.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 26, 2020
    Psychic/Ghost/Poison are my favorite colours, styles and characters usually. But I like to give them cute nicknames and try to imagine them as being more playful and silly rather than very dark or evil. Like how the Gastly evolution line was presented in the early anime episode. I like to think of them as kind of quirky jokers or eccentrics.

I also really like a lot of Bug and Grass types, because of the designs being related to nature it makes them seem adorable to me. Some I dislike though, it's tough for me but I think I prefer when a Pok?mon really seems to 'embody' the type it is. Like to me an Oddish is more fun than like Rowlet or Chikorita or Pansage, for example - because it seems more like a version of a real plant that could be a creature. I think I really like all the bugs though that I can think of.

As for what I dislike, I think maybe only Fairy lacks a lot of Pok?mon that I will use. It seems too random sometimes in the designs.

You can probably tell, it usually matters more to me about the Pok?mon design and 'personality' rather than how high ranking they are in battle.

Really though, there's a lot about all types that are fun for me. Many of the Fire and Water types are ones I like to keep in their early evolution stages because they are so cool and cute but still have cool moves.

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
  • Poison is my favorite type. Great defensively, good at countering pesky fairies, and able to do a lot more nifty stuff. Unfortunately, many Poison-types are bland, especially the Generation I ones (cough Nidoran cough Grimer cough).

My least favorite type is probably something between Ground, Water, Rock, and Grass. I don't know, these types just don't appeal to me very much. Can't exactly point out what I dislike about them, because those types contain some great Pok?mon.

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2024
    Favourite Type - Water

Although I see myself as a psychic enthusiast, I have a massive admiration for water.

Many Water Pok?mon tend to have fantastic designs that can range from elegant to imposing.

Personal favourites would include Swampert due to it's immunity to Electric-types, Greninja for having a solid Hidden Ability and movepool, and Gyarados for being consistently viable in the competitive environment.

My other favourites include, but are not limited to; Ludicolo, Primarina, Kyogre, Manaphy, Suicune, Starmie, Omastar, Sharpedo, Walrein, and Lapras.

Least Favourite Type - Rock

While there are many badass Rock-types like Tyranitar, Nihilego, and Rhydon, just to name a few, I find the type very difficult to use due to a noticeable amount of weaknesses, poorly accurate attacks, and overall bad speed distribution.

The aforementioned Tyranitar is pretty much the only Rock-type that I've seen survive throughout several generations in the OU tier.

Even though I find the type hard to use, no pun intended, I do have some favourite Rock-type Pok?mon.

Favourites include Tyranitar, Minior, Archeops, Aerodactyl, Tyrantrum, Rhydon, Rampardos, Lycanroc-Midnight, Nihilego, Terrakion, and Diancie.

Years
    • Seen Sep 19, 2018
    I love Grass, Dark, Bug and Poison types. I don't like their stereotypical characteristics such as Grass being tanky and slow etc, but in terms of Pokemon that got those typing, moves and even their representitive colors are fitting my style. I also love the "ghosts taking shape of un-animated objects" theme, so there's that part of Ghost typing.

My least favorites being Rock and Fairy. I've never been a fan of Rock type, I always considered mixing Rock and Ground into a Earth typing would be just amazing and preferable. Rock on it's own have nothing interesting for me. Ground... is a different story.
    And Fairy... well, sorry to all lovers, but I just couldn't get used to it. I don't have any problem with it's colors and/or typical advantage-disadvantages, but somehow I dislike majority of the fairy pokemon, although there are vast exceptions such as Mawile, A. Ninetales, Gardevoir, Whimsicott and Ribombee, although most of them have another typing that makes them interesting enough for me.

Back