• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Worst fakedex

Equinoxe

pleeease listen to meee
Years
    • ~
    • Seen Dec 4, 2016
    I appreciate the praise, but I honestly think the guys at Gamefreak know how to do their thing better than I do :P
    I could never come up with cool stuff like Shedinja or Scrafty or Raikou or something, I just do my own stuff haha :D

@ Evilade: why change it? It's only as dirty as you let it be :D
    plus I think it's pretty genious (a friend of mine named it)

names aside, here's some more!
    vi_wm.png

Egyptian dead person spirit ibis thing!

vj_wm.png

Solar panel lizards!

KK Moloney

Epilyptic Donkey Rhino
    Years
  • Just want to say I love your sprites. They all look amazing!!! Probably one of my favorite ones is the final evolution of the grass starter, it is the perfect resemblance of epicness!!! :) :D

-ty-

Don't Ask, Just Tell
    Years
  • Your sprites are very well executed! The only major problem are the eye expressions. Aside from the flower plant, the eyes are very small. The eyes are extremely important in order to instill some type of memorability and livliness to the sprite. With that being said, these sprites are well designed, shaded, and shaped. GREAT JOB!!!

Equinoxe

pleeease listen to meee
    Years
    • ~
    • Seen Dec 4, 2016
    Thanks P:

@ Humm96: Nah, probably not. Ninjas didn't really fight pirates irl, did they? Plus it's kind of an old and boring internet thing which doesn't really spark my imagination, sorry.

@ -ty-: Ah yes, I can kinda see that. I'm pretty sure we have some bigger-eyed pokes already designed, just waiting to be sprited P:

anyway, there's still one legendary left!
    It's not much connected to the trio, it has its own purpose.
    zy_wm.png

(might/will redo Sierpinski Forme's sprite because it was a pain and I'm still not sure if I like it. Mandlebrot Forme's sprite is shaded weirdly because it is a weird Pokémon)

EDIT: doof
    vk_wm.png

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2014
    Why cant somebody change the topic!!! Make it the BEST DEX EVER!!! Can u plz make a tutorial??!
    And about the sprites.. I love ur shading and the ideas are very very unique.. but the legendaries lack.. u no... SPark!

Equinoxe

pleeease listen to meee
    Years
    • ~
    • Seen Dec 4, 2016
    the topic title shall stay as it is :U Thanks anyway!
    What kind of tutorial? There's not much to tell about my way of spriting and if you're talking about 'mon designing, I don't think it's possible to teach that? You just gotta learn yourself, just like I did P:
    Is there any way to add that missing 'spark'? :?

redid the middle stage of the fire starter because it looked like a garbage can and my sister needed some reference because she started making arts for them! I'll probably post them here for her sometime because she doesn't like forum-ing and this is a collab project anyway.
    b_wm.png

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    I'll probably post them here for her sometime because she doesn't like forum-ing and this is a collab project anyway.
    Between you and your sister ... No one else in involved, yes?

Equinoxe

pleeease listen to meee
    Years
    • ~
    • Seen Dec 4, 2016
    @GFA: yeap, it's just us two. It would be difficult to work with other people since this is sort of our 'dream dex' :P

Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2014
    Uhmm... I am noob at spriting .. I've failed like a gazillion times to scratch sprite... Only one successful sprite coz i just dont get the shading part... And about the legends... Some should look menacing for example Rayquaza or Zekrom..

Years
  • Uhmm... I am noob at spriting .. I've failed like a gazillion times to scratch sprite... Only one successful sprite coz i just dont get the shading part... And about the legends... Some should look menacing for example Rayquaza or Zekrom..

You can always look up some tutorials in shading, there are a ton of them. Don't be afraid to post your attempts in the Spriter's Showcase thread. But try to keep your posts on topic, and the topic being the artist's sprites. :P

Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2014
    Thank you Logeidon.... As I said Earlier... THe legends should look more powerful and menacing... I donno how though... For example the Fire Starter line up.. The Stage two Pokemon that is Drusol.. It has the potential of being a Legendary.. :D Just my suggestion though.. You dont need to think hard on it... :D

Greenbeans

Guardian of Le Foret
    Years
  • I appreciate the praise, but I honestly think the guys at Gamefreak know how to do their thing better than I do :P
    I could never come up with cool stuff like Shedinja or Scrafty or Raikou or something, I just do my own stuff haha :D

@ Evilade: why change it? It's only as dirty as you let it be :D
    plus I think it's pretty genious (a friend of mine named it)

names aside, here's some more!
    vi_wm.png

Egyptian dead person spirit ibis thing!

vj_wm.png

Solar panel lizards!

I really like the solar panel lizard it is very well made, the starter evolution is cute but simple enough and 2nd stage of its evolution looks confident and very well made and the last evolution of it looks very happy and jumpy and looks like its very carefree and happy i really like how u made the 2nd one though it is very good, i dont really understand your ghost/flying pokemon though to be honest. other then that great job!!

Years
  • the topic title shall stay as it is :U Thanks anyway!
    What kind of tutorial? There's not much to tell about my way of spriting and if you're talking about 'mon designing, I don't think it's possible to teach that? You just gotta learn yourself, just like I did P:
    Is there any way to add that missing 'spark'? :?

redid the middle stage of the fire starter because it looked like a garbage can and my sister needed some reference because she started making arts for them! I'll probably post them here for her sometime because she doesn't like forum-ing and this is a collab project anyway.
    b_wm.png

I think it's kind of odd that by the first evolution, the horns/ears are dropped but later come back by the second evolution. The poses are pretty similar between the first and second evolution but not too much of a problem.

The shading is excellent and the palette is excellent. The linework is clean and the selective outlining is impressive. It's hard to see this as a dragon as it looks more like a bird/pheonix. XD

Equinoxe

pleeease listen to meee
    Years
    • ~
    • Seen Dec 4, 2016
    @ Logiedian: I always found it weird that Wartortle got cool feather-ears and dropped them when evolving into a Blastoise ;]

@ Tatsujin Gosuto: haha dunno about that

anyway whoah it's been a while
    but I haven't stopped doing these O:
    making some pixelarts for a little practice game project at school reawakened my inner spriter (sadly)

Here are some partial/complete resprites and fixes I did yesterday and today (editing them into the first post):
    s_wm-1.png
    vi_wm-1.png

vg_wm-1.png

x_wm-1.png
    y_wm-1.png

And here's a new line:
    vl_wm.png

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    Did you get rid of the old sprites you had up, because I don't see a difference with your revamped sprites ...

Also, SWEER! a Water/Fire Pokemon. What's it based off of?

Equinoxe

pleeease listen to meee
    Years
    • ~
    • Seen Dec 4, 2016
    The old sprites are still in the posts that they first appeared in but I already edited the new sprites into the massive first post, so that might be why you can't see any differences. Most of the edits were pretty small (the legendaries were almost fully resprited though but I didn't change much, just made 'em the tiniest bit smaller).

It's based on... uh, a snake. Has a hint of Ouroboros in it though I guess but the steam stuff is just kinda thrown in there.
    shussshhh don't tell anyone

Last edited:
    Back