• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MegaMaccer

If a tree falls in a forest
Years
if i go in one house then come out i come out of ANOTHER househowcan i stop this on advance map
Its just a warp issue. The warp leading out of the house and the warp leading into the house are leading to different places. Just adjust the warp number for the inside warp, and that should fix your problem.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
Just trying again...
Also, hate to be a n00b but...how do I actually use XSE?
I'm thinking that you're trying to load the tileset 1 into tileset 2, which isn't a good idea. Make sure that you're inserting the tilesets to their correct places. To fix your problem, open a clean rom, and save the Lilycove-specific Tileset 2, and then reload it into the rom you're working with. It should clear up those tiles.

Also, there a quite a few tutorials on XSE. If you're having any specific problems, you can ask me.

can you simplifiy that.....lol im not very good.

That's as simple as you will get it.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
but i dont know what to change and what to change it to

It's not that hard. Look:

Its just a warp issue. The warp leading out of the house and the warp leading into the house are leading to different places. Just adjust the warp number for the inside warp, and that should fix your problem.

Okay, then, we'll take it step by step. The warp you go into (i.e., the door of the first house) is going to be called Warp #1. The warp that's inside the house (i.e., the red mat inside) is going to be called Warp #2. Now, the problem here is that Warp #1 leads to Warp #2, but Warp #2 doesn't lead to Warp #1. Therefore, we'll look and see what the Warp Number (that's what it's called in AdvanceMap; be sure you've selected the right warp) is. For an example, we'll say it was 0. Now, looking at Warp #2, in the To warp no. box, there should be a number. Change this to the warp number of #1, and test it out in-game.

Some things shouldn't have to be explained, like this. :/

muzzyguy

When disaster strikes!
Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2014
Okay, then, we'll take it step by step. The warp you go into (i.e., the door of the first house) is going to be called Warp #1. The warp that's inside the house (i.e., the red mat inside) is going to be called Warp #2. Now, the problem here is that Warp #1 leads to Warp #2, but Warp #2 doesn't lead to Warp #1. Therefore, we'll look and see what the Warp Number (that's what it's called in AdvanceMap; be sure you've selected the right warp) is. For an example, we'll say it was 0. Now, looking at Warp #2, in the To warp no. box, there should be a number. Change this to the warp number of #1, and test it out in-game.

did not work it warps me to thecenter of the room now

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 16, 2009
Hi, I'm new here and need answers for a few quick questions:

1. As part of a fanfic project I'm doing, I'm trying to create sprite maps for the various cities, towns, and routes for the Pokemon region I came up with. Thing is, I want to save them as image files, and the program I'm using for the project, right now (Map Editor 2.0), can't do that. Also, I have no idea how to import any of the new tilesets I've downloaded into the program. So, does anyone know of a sprite mapping program I can use that can both import tilesets and save the finished project as an image file?

2. I've seen quite a lot of pics of overview maps for custom Pokemon regions, but I've yet to find out how they're made. Anyone have an idea?

Thanks for your responses.

Last edited:

Aljam

[i]Sweepin' ain't easy...[/i]
Years
does anyone know how to make a good tool? I would like to make a music editor program for gba wcich have all the features of mid to gba and sappy, but work with vista. I took a programming course for vb for grade 11 and i want to learn it before hand.

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
Years
Hello, I'm here to ask a question, of course... I'm getting a very strange glitch in my game, Pokémon Zephyr. It's not too severe, but I'd like my game to be near perfection.

Anyway, the glitch is this: Whenever I open the "Start" button menu in-game, go to the Options menu, then press "B" to exit the menues (usually doesn't work if I use "A"), the game glitches up, and my player's sprite stops working (as if I'm just scrolling around the map).

Here are some screenshots showing what it looks like when the game glitches up.

28kn3wg.png
311maon.png

(Keep in mind that everything is normal before I do those "glitch-triggers."

Last edited:

BlitŻ1

guahh my dog is so cute
Years
When I insert a new pokemon into one of the 25 unused spots, what number do i use in a givepokemon command. I.e. givepokemon 0x?? ( the pokemon number)

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Hello, I'm here to ask a question, of course... I'm getting a very strange glitch in my game, Pokémon Zephyr. It's not too severe, but I'd like my game to be near perfection.

Anyway, the glitch is this: Whenever I open the "Start" button menu in-game, go to the Options menu, then press "B" to exit the menues (usually doesn't work if I use "A"), the game glitches up, and my player's sprite stops working (as if I'm just scrolling around the map).

Here are some screenshots showing what it looks like when the game glitches up.

28kn3wg.png
311maon.png

(Keep in mind that everything is normal before I do those "glitch-triggers."

Change the direction(where it's facing at) of one of the NPC's there, specifically, the NPC you are controlling after that glitch took place.

jonnO'brien

wont be back.
Years
  • Seen Jul 14, 2009
I was wondering if anyone knew how much space attacks took up?

For example, In the Pokemon Edit Pro Program you can change the offset for the attacks.

I'm trying to put a different pokemon over Exeggutor and he only has a few attacks, So I was thinking I could find some Free Space, in FSF. But I need to know how much to look for.

Can anyone help?

Last edited:

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
Hi, I'm new here and need answers for a few quick questions:

1. As part of a fanfic project I'm doing, I'm trying to create sprite maps for the various cities, towns, and routes for the Pokemon region I came up with. Thing is, I want to save them as image files, and the program I'm using for the project, right now (Map Editor 2.0), can't do that. Also, I have no idea how to import any of the new tilesets I've downloaded into the program. So, does anyone know of a sprite mapping program I can use that can both import tilesets and save the finished project as an image file?

2. I've seen quite a lot of pics of overview maps for custom Pokemon regions, but I've yet to find out how they're made. Anyone have an idea?

Thanks for your responses.

1. You'll want to look at a program called AdvanceMap for that, although it might be quite a bit different from whatever program you were using before. It's not that hard to figure out, however.

2. I believe you'll have to do that with unLZ.gba and tilemap editors, although I'm not too sure.

Years
  • Seen Jun 16, 2009
1. You'll want to look at a program called AdvanceMap for that, although it might be quite a bit different from whatever program you were using before. It's not that hard to figure out, however.

2. I believe you'll have to do that with unLZ.gba and tilemap editors, although I'm not too sure.

Those are rom-editing programs, and that's not what I'm doing, here; I'm wanting to use the tilesets to try and make a brand new, non-interactive map for the cities and routes for my Pokemon region, not hack the game. Isn't there any programs that can do that? I read that there's a script you can input into RPG Maker XP to allow you to save your map as a .png image file, but I can't seem to figure out where it needs to go.

Same thing with the overworld map; it's not going to be interactive, just a still picture. All the custom region overworld maps I've seen look way too sophisticated for being a simple tilemap edit.

Last edited:

School days again...
Years
When I'm inserting a tile, can I insert the tile's palette in any part of the tileset's palette? Does it affect the other palette?

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
Those are rom-editing programs, and that's not what I'm doing, here; I'm wanting to use the tilesets to try and make a brand new, non-interactive map for the cities and routes for my Pokemon region, not hack the game. Isn't there any programs that can do that? I read that there's a script you can input into RPG Maker XP to allow you to save your map as a .png image file, but I can't seem to figure out where it needs to go.

Same thing with the overworld map; it's not going to be interactive, just a still picture. All the custom region overworld maps I've seen look way too sophisticated for being a simple tilemap edit.

Well, if you're looking for alternatives to rom-editing programs, you're probably not going to find much here (this is the ROM-Hacking tutorial, after all). Sorry if I wasn't much help.. xD

Years
  • Seen Jun 16, 2009
Well, if you're looking for alternatives to rom-editing programs, you're probably not going to find much here (this is the ROM-Hacking tutorial, after all). Sorry if I wasn't much help.. xD

Well, that's why I did come here; I'm looking for a tile-based map editor I can use for this project, and you guys usually work with such things for your rom-editing. Plus, I know you guys post images of your creations, so there has to be a map editor that lets you save it as one.

By the by, is there anyway of getting a full tileset for the Pokemon worldmaps? Where would I need to go to get it?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back