• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] Is Sirfetch'd a Regional Evolution or a normal Evolution?

GilbertJobs

Banned
Years
    • Seen Sep 19, 2019
    Even though this announcement was amazing, it surprised me how much they're still leaving in the dark about Sirfetch'd. Yes, we know it will only be catchable in Sword (my guess is that you can transfer it to Shield, but Farfetch'd just won't be encounterable in Shield) and we know it's an evolution, but there's still so much we expected them to reveal that they didn't, like how it evolves.

My personal guess/hope is that there is a Galarian Farfetch'd that evolves into Sirfetch'd, which would make it a regional evolution. They showed Galarian Weezing and the Galarian Zigzagoon line before showing Sirfetch'd, so I doubt that Sirfetch'd has nothing to do with Galarian Forms.

They also already established that Regional evolutions only can evolve from Regional variants in Obstagoon's description on the website: "Living in the unique environment of the Galar region, some regional forms have developed unique Evolutions unseen in any other region. Obstagoon, which evolves from Galarian Linoone, is one example." So it seems that you can't have a Regional evolution of a regular Pokémon.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Hey there! I scooted your thread to the Sword & Shield section since it didn't belong in TCG. :)

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I would say this pokemon is a Regional Evolution. I say this because they showed the other Galarian Forms before revealing this pokemon. I am sure there is a specific way to get it. We don't know if there is a special item or not. It sounds like it is a level up, but we don't know for certain.

Because of the specifics of the details on the main site, I wouldn't be surprised if Farfetch'd evolves after defeating a Escavilier in a battle. But I think it is safe to assume it is a Galarian Pokemon.

Also, the leak that has gotten everything right so far said that this pokemon is a Galarian Evolution.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Agreed, a new evolution 'unique' to Galar. We'll have to wait and see though about it in future games outside of the region, however.

Couples-Consoling

Husband and Wife Nuzlocke Let's Players!
    Years
  • I think it's just an evolution, judging by how this is going? I think the test is if it's available in other regions and games after this, though.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Taken from official site:

The Farfetch'd of the Galar region can evolve into Sirfetch'd after experiencing many battles. They are calm and collected, and they make a point of always battling fairly. They are so noble in battle that they are often chosen as a motif for paintings. Of particular note is a painting—famous in the Galar region—that depicts a duel between a Sirfetch'd and an Escavalier.

That being said it is probably confirmed a Regional Evolution. However, they will probably find ways to include them later on.

Back