• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

POK?MON: The Two Tyrants

Hack_Slash_Scizor

Muhahahahahahahahahaha!
Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2006
    Story So Far: 12 Years ago, Ash Ketchum helped in the capturing of Team Rocket Leader Giovanni, who was sentenced for life. 2 weeks ago however, with the aid of his Faithfull team rocket grunts, he escaped from prison and his whereabouts have been unknown.Untill now. A team rocket grunt decided what Giovanni was doing was getting too dangerous, and told the police everything he knew; "Giovanni had tried to create aPokemon Mind Control machine, and had been hiding in the mountains while his top scientists worked on building the machine. When it was done, Giovanni had his executaves capture two tyrannitars to test it on. They set the tyrannitars loose in a valley, and used the machine to try and get them to fight each other. It worked, but the machine was making them stronger and stronger, and when Giovanni realised, he had his scientists turn the machine off, but when they did, the Two tyrranitars carried on fighting.Giovanni ordered everyone to leave, as the war between the two tyrannitars raged on. I was the co-pilot in Giovannis helicopter, and he ordered us to hover above the battle. We watched the two tyrrannitars fight on, untill one of them was thrown against a massive generator, which blew up, along with the other 30 generators, hundreds of computers and supplies. After about 2 minutes the smoke cleared, showing what was left of the lab and its surroundings. all of it had merged with the steel and rock, and created a hard, mettalic surface. The two tyranitars just statues among everything else. Thats when Giovvanni got caught. Now that hes out, he wants to somehow re-awaken them and try to harness their powers for evil. He doesnt know what hes doing though, if he isnt stopped, it could mean total world destruction..."

Features:
    Play in al 3 regions, plus a new one: Keeto
    The return of Team Rocket
    Mewtwo plays a big part
    You can catch every single POK?MON, as well as some new ones...
    Two new HM's
    New Elite 4
    Battle points, which are added to your trainer card, and can be traded in for cash, items etc.
    Made with RPGMAKERXP

AND MORE...

Screens:

Keetos, map, migt change a bit, especially around the lake in the middle...

Title Screen

A screen of an executave talking to Giovanni in thw intro

The 2nd party of the intro (yes ill fix his legs)

"Talking" to the t.v. in heros room.

Talking to an old man in Sanction Town, the home town

Gorduntil town

inside a mountain

out of the mountain,. into mountain ridge town

before having the hm cut...

about to get the hm cut

after gettin the hm cut(note, the tree doesnt just disappear, the scrn flashes black and when it flashes back to normal the trees gone)

btw, i played as a male in all theses scns, but yes, u can be a female.

Hopefull;y there will be a demo before the end of the holidays :D

anz

Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2006
    The game looks really good. Do you have the pokemon battles system

Chimou

Dancing Artist
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2006
    Two weaknesses that I see.

1. Find a different sprite of Prof. Birch. The one you're using is horrible.
    2. Don't mix R/S/E sprites with FR/LG sprites. They're two different noticable styles.

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    The towns need some more filling up, and the charset looks a bit off colour. But then again, it might just be me.

Chimou

Dancing Artist
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2006
    This is just me personally, but I don't like one expect about the story: it's based off the anime. In the games, Giovanni isn't caught by Red, he just disappears. He goes straight after that, and studies Pok?mon. Even refuses to return to Team Rocket in G/S/C.

Hack_Slash_Scizor

Muhahahahahahahahahaha!
    Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2006
    @Daegon_Kimeron: it might just be because when i saved the images i saved as jpeg and it all got distorted. and i dont think the towns really do need filling up... its just the scrns i took weerent the best..

@Chimou: Im makin my game as if none of the other games ever happened, so giovanni didnt dissapear, ash ketchum caught him...
    and im going to keep that sprite of proff birch but just change a few things and fix uip his legs, and i cant notice the r/s/e sprites, and iom using fr/lg tilesets...

Last edited:

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
  • Great opening post, lots of info provided. This all sounds promising and I really like the title screen. The maps look pretty good to me, I don't really see a problem in them. Oh, and the title screen is awesome.

Years
  • Oh i love this Idea. A RPGMakerXP Game to rival Jeff's Pokemon Light.
    I hope it goes well. If you need any help or ideas, feel free to contact me VIA PM.
    On a side-note. In your first post, how did they go from a valley into a lab? As well, in the first sentence, wouldn't giovanni be a little, um, old? If It has been 12 years, shouldnt he be greying. In fact, the last time i remember, he was bald.
    I'm not criticizing, just eager to help.

Hack_Slash_Scizor

Muhahahahahahahahahaha!
    Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2006
    lol, thx, and yeah i spose your right, ill have to do sum sprite editing later, and the valey to the lab... im assuming u mean the intro? if so, it starts off with giovanni and a team rocket executave speaking, then goes to the proffs introdunction to pokemon...

RM2K3kid

Insane..
    Years
  • Nice start! lol I didn't watch the tv show much so I dont know how it all happened thats why I like your story lol. Nice screens. Good luck with this also your title screens looks great!

Hack_Slash_Scizor

Muhahahahahahahahahaha!
    Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2006
    very good with event scripting.... could u help with cbs? and what do u mean by ruby scripting?

Jeff_PKLight

RMXP User
    Years
  • Tetsu said:
    Oh i love this Idea. A RPGMakerXP Game to rival Jeff's Pokemon Light.
    I hope it goes well. If you need any help or ideas, feel free to contact me VIA PM.
    On a side-note. In your first post, how did they go from a valley into a lab? As well, in the first sentence, wouldn't giovanni be a little, um, old? If It has been 12 years, shouldnt he be greying. In fact, the last time i remember, he was bald.
    I'm not criticizing, just eager to help.

Well actually, he copied some things from my game (ex: coding)... but me and taikon (Hack_Slash_Scisor) settled the problem already. :)

Hack_Slash_Scizor

Muhahahahahahahahahaha!
    Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2006
    lol thx, wow, evrery one seems to love the title screen... i started teachy tv today... just got to figure out how to use it... and ive also started mapping Hoenn when iu get bored, and ive done up to Rustbord

Back