• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Let's Go] I just got a 6 IV shiny in let's go...

Garlana

The boy who never grew up.
Years
Since Monday I went to route 3-4 and worked hard to get a chain of about 31 sandshrew to try and get my first shiny in this game. I've got like 4 gym badges and no shiny charm so money is tight and my odds were only enhanced by the lures. After three days in a row of grinding and ending up with a chain of 300-400 and probably encountering about 2000 sandshrew (doubt it's even an exaggeration) I gave up, went to viridian forest with my chain and immediately found a shiny weedle with rubbish IVs.. then i saved the game as I hadn't been able to for 3 days at fear of breaking my chain.

Today I decided to return back to route 3-4, sandshrew are now a guaranteed catch as I've got so many of them so getting a 31 chain was rapid, however I decided to change my approach slightly this time.

Before I was just running back and fourth between the two patches in order to respawn the 6 Pokémon in each patch, but this time I decided to spawn both patches then run into to the Pokémon centre and repeat.. in my desperate search to understand what I was doing wrong I saw several videos where people claimed leaving the area and re-entering improved odds. It's a bit of a run up and down to the Pokémon centre on route 4 so I avoided this previously as lures are expensive. After 20 minutes of doing this I finally got a shiny sandshrew, I already knew it had impish nature as I'd set this in celadon, but when I saw the IVs were all 'best' I was genuinely confused as I couldn't believe it. I've got a quite a few perfect IVs in my box as I've caught so many, but to get it on a shiny is just unreal...has the game rewarded me?

Attachments

• IMG_20190524_104812.jpg
    IMG_20190524_104812.jpg
    611.9 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_20190524_104802.jpg
    IMG_20190524_104802.jpg
    955.5 KB · Views: 8

Garlana

Years
Congrats! Quite the lucky catch there. I hope you can transfer it to Bank down the track.

Yeh incredibly lucky, I've been very lucky after this as well with a 5 IV shiny clefairy and a good 4iv drowzee all really quickly using the area refresh method. I so hope I can transfer them later, I'd be devastated..I'm not really a huge fan of Pokémon go so I'd be keen to get them into gen 8 asap.

Garlana

Years
Definitely a rare find. As Bob said, congrats. Sandslash is a pretty solid Pokemon so use it well :)

Yeh I love Sandshrew/Sandslash,. Awesome shiny sprite, I was never expecting such an outcome, I was just happy that my hunt was over as it was grueling.

Back