• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Greenlit: Pokemon Curves

bobandbill

one more time
Years
  • I hope that title gets some attention. ;p Different title can be used.

Considering a short, quick article featuring this weird celebration for the 20th anniversary. http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=Pokemon+curves

Wolframalpha is a website for making calculations, plotting graphs, etc. It's fairly refined! Someone on its dev team made some script that I presume takes sugimori art and tries to replicate Pokemon art through mathematical curves.

You can search for specific Pokemon, e.g. http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=Ludicolo+curves

Some are good...
    tumblr_inline_o367wqK85I1rrt0gk_500.gif

Some are less so...
    tumblr_inline_o3681vL8TR1rrt0gk_500.gif

Anyways, thoughts on this? I bet I could pump it out within a day after approval (this day anyway, then it's back to work) but willing to let someone else write if they are interested as well. Got other articles as it is. :V

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    That title definitely did catch my attention, and I was wondering just what was wrong with you.

This is a cool thing, and anything that makes math look fun is a plus in my book. People can have fun with this website. So it's cool for an article idea.

Years
  • Not sure what I was expecting when I saw the title, although "graphs" certainly wasn't the first thing that came to mind...

But I do think this is a cute idea. (b '-')b Cute and rather awesome as well. I would not mind seeing it.

Back