• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Road Less Traveled (Need Feedback)

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2018
    This features a major cast of characters, where Giovanni is non-binary/transgender and had top-surgery at the age of 18, yet he forgot to take his testosterone at while he and Lance (yes, that Lance, lance of the Johto/Kanto Elite Four Lance) had a very eventual night - had Ash - who is a girl in this story.

Lance actually managed to turn Giovanni onto the side of good, though not everyone in his group wanted the same thing - and they defected from his team and started their own Team known as The Rocket Rebels. They are an underground Cartel and Mafia that deals with illegal criminal activity (much like how Team Rocket actually operates, though they use drugs in their operation).

They target everything the real 'Team Rocket' and Giovanni's sub-divisions stands for. Eventually - at the age of twenty - when Ashlyn (nicknamed Ash at the age of three since she's a total tomboy), is eight she's almost kidnapped. I haven't gotten there yet since this chapter is mainly going to be focusing on his childhood from when she's a newborn to 10 years old, though her parents are extremely over-protective of her - and Giovanni -always- worries. And yes, characters are OOC and are designed to fit the way I want them to in my head-cannon.

Also, here's how characters are related (at least from Ash's perspective).

Giovanni *36 (Mother)
    Lance *38 (Father)
    Juan *47 (Uncle)
    Fantina *45 (Aunt)
    Silver *26 (Cousin)
    Delia *30 (Godmother)
    Claire *42 (First Cousin Once Removed)
    Malva *40 (First Cousin Once Removed)
    Flint *29 (First Cousin Once Removed)
    Madame Rocket *65 (Maternal Grandmother)
    Sir Porter *68 (Maternal Grandfather)
    Dryaden *63 (Parental Grandfather)
    Olympia *57 (Parental Grandmother)
    Drake *65 (Parental Great-Uncle - Dryaden)
    Drasna *55 (Parental Great Uncle - Dyaden)
    Lucian *40 (Parental Great Uncle – Olympia)
    Caitlin *35 (Parental Great Aunt – Olympia)
    Sabrina *38 (Parental Great Aunt – Olympia)
    Tate *13 (Second Cousin)
    Liza *13 (Second Cousin)

(This counts for when Ash is sixteen years old - onward.) Explanation of Ash's Family Tree:

In one of the Pokemon Manga Giovanni is said to have an identical twin brother, so I made Giovanni's birth name Johanna and Juan (the leader of the Stoopoils Gym, yes, that one from Emerald who trained Wallace) - though since Giovanni is a variant of the name John (as is Johanna and Juan) I thought it was fitting. Also Giovanni is an Italian name, and Juan is stated to know French (look it up on Bulbapedia). So I would imagine Giovanni/Juan are a mixture of French and Italian decent.

Fantina is Juan's wife - i added her in there because she's similar to Juan since her hometown was never declared - she's also 'French' (meaning she could be from Kalos, technically though it wasn't made yet when Platinum/Diamond/Pearl was released at the time) so I wanted to make her of French decent. Her real hair color is red but she likes to dye it since she's a total fashionista and again - she's a top coordinator. Their child is Silver (Giovanni's ACTUAL son in the cannon series, which means Silver is Ashlyn's cousin.)

Delia is Ash's Godmother. A good friend of Giovanni's.

Claire, Flint and Malva are Lance's Cousins. Claire's father is Drake and her mother is Drasna while Flint and Malva's 'father' is Blaine. Lance's father is Dryaden and his mother is Olympia (though they are divorced). Blaine's brothers are Drake and Dryaden, and is the oldest out of the three. He is non-binary/trans-gender - no one knows but Drake and Dryaden who Flint and Malva's father is (that and Blaine himself). (Pryce is Malva and Flint's father.)

Lucian was adopted by Olympia's parents before they passed away, and likewise, it turned out that Caitlin was Lucian's long-lost sister, so she joined the family soon after. Lucian married Sabrina, i upped her age to make it more appealing and their children are Tate and Liza (the Mossdeep City Gym Leaders).

Sir Porter is an OC and I gave Madame Boss a name - Isabella Rocket (nee Sanchze). They are married, but slightly struggling in their marriage. They show their love through gifts and money rather than hugs and physical affection, but nevertheless they still love their family dearly.

I imagined Olympia was of Romani decent, Dryaden being Irish or Norwegian (or a mixture of both along with Blaine and Drake), Drasna would be Norwegian, Lucian and Caitlin would be French, Pryce would be English/British, Sir Porter would be Japanese and French, while Isabella would be Italian and Hispanic.

*Fun fact, Giovanni's middle name is Julian. Ashlyn's middle name is Jayden. They both begin with the letter J.

Please note: this fan-fiction is Wip, and i don't know how long this is going to be in total (the first chapter) so bear in mind this first chapter could be 10,000 words or 20,000 words. I've been working on this on and off for about two, three days. I've been really sick, so I haven't the time or energy to actually complete it...

Enjoy.

+++

March 20th, a day to be remembered in joy; as someone new was brought into the world.

Ashlyn Jayden Kutcher 8lbs 5oz.

From that day – she had become a target from all major organizations determined to stop Team Rocket and whatever they stood for. The past nine months had been both horrifying, and wonderful. They worried she wasn't going to make it – or a gang was going to end her life prematurely. There had been a few scares – but nevertheless Team Rocket's bodyguards made sure that didn't happen.

"She's got your hair," Lance kissed Giovanni's head, who sighed.

"Hmm. I'm glad, she won't be as noticeable," The baby squirmed in her mother's arms. Visiting hours had not been established yet – because – rightfully so – Giovanni was exhausted. Lance had frowned at the comment. They shouldn't be like this; afraid Ashlyn would be taken away from them at any moment. But that was the life they led – a dangerous one with them both being famous.

"Her hair is darker than yours – it looks like Ash." He ran a hand through it and through it – the baby had been asleep – as most babies several hours old they were told didn't do much other than cry or sleep, and she had been a good baby, relatively quiet. She only cried when she was hungry or needed something.

"Ash…" Giovanni's eyes shimmered, and just then – he could've sworn Ashlyn was smiling.

++

Ashlyn started calling herself 'Ash' at the age of three. She didn't like dresses very much and would like to dress like a boy. Only on occasion did she dress girlishly when someone asked her to. They thought she was a tomboy, or a phase. Giovanni couldn't honestly think Ashlyn was mimicking him – or that she was non-binary – it was all just merely coincidental.

At her third birthday, Ash was given a Meowth. She loved that Meowth. She slept with her, played with her, and even trained her. They enrolled Ash in art and music lessons to help bring out a little creativity and give her something else to do than sit in the manor all day – and she loved it. She picked it up really quickly, especially art. She had a talent for it and would sketch pretty much anything, from constellations at night, to Pokémon.

For her third Christmas, Ash asked for an Ocarina, it was an odd request, but she had expressed she read about it in a book regarding Lugia and how it played a beautiful melody that he liked – which she wanted to learn. She also wanted to play songs from her favorite video game series – Zelda – and so they got her one modeled after that. They also got her a slightly smaller one, that was shaped like a Pokeball, and could be worn as a necklace. They also bought a book of songs, and books on legends. She finally – after weeks of researching – found the song – and was able to play it within two days.

She never stopped drawing or playing music, as when she turned five, she started playing violin and piano. They had also enrolled her in dancing. Because Ash had so much energy – Koga had started teaching her Kenjutsu and Bruno started teaching her Karate. With these combined, she would be passed out at her correct bedtime, and they wouldn't have to worry about not getting to spend time together.

When she was six, she was already an Orange Belt in Karate and an Orange Belt in Kenjutsu. Lance had noticed she had unlocked her Aura, so he had begun training her in meditation – though that didn't last long as she couldn't sit still for very long. Bruno suggested a Pokémon who was naturally advanced in Aura, though all Pokémon could posse Aura better than humans – one Pokémon stood out than the rest – and it instantly hit Lance.

"Ash, this is Riolu, Riolu, meet my daughter, Ash."

Riolu examined the girl - who looked way too much like a boy. She was covered in bandages – her eyes were glowing – and her Aura was radiating with joy. She still though looked puzzled, like she hadn't been expecting a Pokémon to be presented to her this morning, so suddenly.

"I read that olu's good at Aura. Does this mean I have to meditate with it?"

"He." Ash looked at the blue-jackal, eyes narrowing. "I am of the male variety. And I was told I am here to – over time – improve your Aura. I was also told you don't like to sit still for very long, is that correct?"

Ash nodded. Riolu smiled.

"Then that is fine. I need training anyway, what better way to train than to have a sparring partner?"

Ash's eyes lit up even more – if that was possible and leapt towards the blue dog. "Eep! Awesome! You can fight? That'll help me so much!" Lance was relieved they were already getting along. "We have so much space, dad is even going to install a dojo so I can practice at home – so we can spar whenever! Oh, and there's a big garden outside for climbing trees and stuff – let me show you!"

She ran off and shouted "I'll race you!"

"She does have an endless amount of energy, does she?"

Lance laughed. "You're young too you know, you'll deal." He rubbed the back of his head and noticed Ashlyn was almost out of sight. "Now go – have fun!"

Riolu smiled and ran after Ashlyn – using his Aura to enhance his speed. Lance sighed, shaking his head. He didn't know if this was a good thing or a bad thing.

During the summer of that same year – Ash's Aura had improved dramatically. She was so advanced, she could establish telepathic communications with Pokemon, like Lance could. Though that had taken him years – which surprised him – but at the same time – it didn't. Ash had always been one to do things quickly, and not sit around if it took too long. So, what came next surprised them even more.

They were having a morning stroll after visiting Team Rocket's headquarters in Viridian City. Ash had liked Kanto, she had even got to see Delia – her godmother and had some of the best cooking ever! Ash had been to Delia's restaurant's before, but never met her in person as she was also a part-time Professor at Professor Oak's lab.

They walked through a spacious park – and then – something hit Ash. It was a wave of uneven energy that startled her, and made her feel worried. Lance picked up on Ash's energy, and then Riolu.

"Ash, what's wrong?" Lance was the first to Ash, and then saw her looking around.

"Someone's hurt." Someone – something. A Pokemon. Though the energy was weak.

"Hurt? Let me sense it." Riolu focused in on the negative energy and then – just then –

A feint heartbeat, a cry. "Help me." Startled, and appalled, as the blue dog had never been in this situation – though he immediately took action. He looked over to the middle of the garden where a statue was – and surrounding was a bunch of bushes, he jumped up on the bench, and then on the stone, and tried to detect the injured Pokemon again.

"They're in here."

Lance's eyes narrowed. "In there?"

Riolu dove in, thrones pinning at his sides. Whoever it was calling for help must not be in good shape, so he feared for the worse. Then – in the clearing he saw a yellow figure – and called out.

"Help is on the way," Tirelessly the figure lift its head up. "Can you help me out here? Give me something to hold on to." The figure didn't respond – but lift its arms out. It didn't care at this point who the person was – it just needed help. "One, two," And finally "Three!"

It was a Pichu. Its fur was matted and covered in blood and grass spurs and thrones. It had been badly poisoned and needed a Pokemon center, fast. All humans looked shocked as the little one was barely hanging on for life.

"Sunlight hurts," The Pichu closed its eyes.

"You can close your eyes but try to stay awake." Riolu reassured. Pichu nodded. How long had he been there? Hours? Days? "We're taking you to the Pokemon Center right away."

Riolu jumped onto the stone and Lance took the little one in his arms. "I'll run there now, you all catch up with me later,"

Ash wanted to complain but knew it was for the better as her dad was faster with his Aura. Already she had felt Lance's Aura radiate from him as he had attempted to heal the mouse. It was struggling to hold on, and she worriedly looked up at Giovanni, who had her hand in his.

"Daddy, let's go!" As Lance disappeared, Giovanni sighed. "You really need to learn Aura." She complained, Giovanni sighed. That he did.

++

Lance had arrived at the Pokemon Center with moments to spare. Everyone stared – the Kanto Champion was here? "Emergency!" He shouted. "This Pokémon is in dire need of medical treatment, now!"

Nurse Joy instantly recognized him – who else didn't? He was famous! "Right away Mr. Kutcher." She didn't even bother asking what Pokemon it was – but many just stared. Some wanted an autograph, but others were too nervous to ask.

It took five minutes for Giovanni, Ash and Riolu to arrive. "Dad – "Ash ran up to him – more eyes fixated on them but Giovanni gave them a dark glare once, and they all looked away. "How's Pichu?"

"He's in intensive care, so I don't know. It's only been five minutes, I was using my aura to help him on my way here but it did peanuts," Ash frowned and looked at the front desk and then saw Chansey pass by. She walked up firm and professional – just like her parents.

"Excuse me," She said telepathically, which caused the Chansey to jump. "When Pichu's done – right away – we can see him – right?"

She wasn't pushy, she was polite, but the Chansey stared. "Yes, you can. You use Aura – don't you?"

"Yup!" Ash smiled. "Like my dad, Lance."

Chansey smiled. "That must be very convenient."

"It has its perks."

The Chansey left with a smile – knowing she had talked to a polite and intelligent little girl. Then went back to Intensive care to take care of the Pichu. Which, took about fifteen minutes for all the poison to get out of its system, they had to recharge its electrical lines and do a de-charge as it'd been over-ridden with unused electricity for four days while poisoned, and it was on IV Fluids and expected to eat the moment it wakes up.

"So – can we keep him?" It was in fact, a male.

The question that had been lingering, what would be the fate of the Pichu after it was better. It would have to go back in the wild, but it wasn't really fit for that, and they had plenty of space, so…

"I don't see why not."

Ash jumped up and cheered. They would have to stay a few extra nights in Viridian City at their penthouse, but other than that, Pichu was theirs.

They spent three weeks in Kanto that year. Partially because of Pichu, mostly because of Giovanni's company, and Elite Four stuff. This was the final week, and Pichu was ready to come home. When they set Pichu down in the large living room that had bookcases up against the wall and the massive flat-screen; he was stunned, he had no idea what to make of it.

"This is home – well. Our temporary home. We're going to Johto in a week, then that'll be home!" Pichu looked up at Ash who was smiling. "You can explore if you want to." She gestured – but the last time he explored he got hurt.

The mixture of Auras was unsettling for Riolu, so he offered this; "Do you want me to give you a tour?"

"Sure. That'd be better."

He felt safe with Riolu.

"I'll come too! Show you some of my favorite places!" Riolu chuckled and Pichu ran on all-fours to catch up. "Race ya?"

Pichu smiled. "Sure!" He was feeling better already.

They had gone way upstairs – to an outer part of the top floor. "This is the patio overlooking the city. I like to come out here at night and draw stars. There's a telescope here for me to stargaze too," Pichu had his mouth open the whole time. He could hear cars and noise from the city below, which was a little scary – but it wasn't too bad if you didn't look down.

"The next best place – the kitchen!" Riolu smiled and so did Pichu. "We have a bunch of yummy snacks! The staff here are great cooks too. Dad tries to cook but he's not very good at it…" Ash paused – then reconsidered that statement. "Don't tell him I said that." She giggled, Pichu nodded, Riolu laughed.

"It'd hurt his pride" Riolu gave a curt nod.

Ash snorted and proceeded into the bedrooms. "That's my parent's room – nothing really interesting in there. Just a bunch of boring adult stuff like daddy's work; but my room is over here," she opened the two doors that led inside. "Ta-da! And here we find my stuff – and a sleeping Meowth! There you are!"

Meowth yawned.

"Hello kitten," She stretched. "Boys." Jumping off the bed she passed Pichu and swept him with her tail. Riolu rolled his eyes and paid no mind to her attempts at flirting. "Be seeing you around, mouse." Pichu didn't know what to say – but Ash had her hands on her hips and was smiling, so it must be okay.

"Meowth likes to be flirty. Don't mind her. She's actually really nice when you get to know her. Though she doesn't do much but sleep."

The mouse felt a little more relieved the Meowth wasn't going to try and eat him while he was sleeping at night. He just needed time to get used to everything, as there was so much going on, it was all a little hectic.

Though, it didn't take too long – as two weeks passed without the little Pokemon even noticing it. He had settled into their manor in Blackthorn City with ease. One of his favorite things to do was sleep. Now, he didn't like to be lazy like Meowth – but it was hard to sleep well when you were fighting for your life on the streets and constantly unaware of what was going to come at you next.

Everything was so calm (save for Ash's boundless energy time-to-time, which he was glad to chase her around the gardens and climb trees to escape the craziness); and now he didn't need to feel the fear all the time of being hunted by larger Pokemon. He had his meals delivered to him, he sparred with Riolu for fun, and read with Ash (who translated) and looked out at the stars for once – and realized – the world was actually pretty nice.

"Look, Pichu!" He was presented a strange, electrifying orb that was tied to a metal cord. "A Light Orb!" He'd never seen one in person before – but he'd heard from Pikachu and Raichu that these were to up electrical attacks when held by his species'. His eyes narrowed, and looked up at the girl. She then slipped the chain that was attached to the orb around his neck. "How does it feel?"

He looked down, then stood up on both feet, feeling the weight on his chest. "Good – but. Is it okay to keep this? Light Orbs are hard to find."

"Its fine. I wanna battle my dad one day for the Champion title, and when that happens you'll be with me!" She punched her fist in the air then looked back down. "I mean – if you want to. I know you've had it rough – whatever happened before – if you don't wanna battle that's fine."

She was giving him a choice?

"No!" He stood on all fours, barking slightly. Pichus don't bark, but it was a metaphor, so… "I want to get stronger – and I want to give that guy who did that to me a piece of my mind…" He growled, hair sticking up. Ash stared at Pichu for a moment, then realized – it was a very painful memory. Pichu sometimes woke up at night crying, and so he had to go for a walk and Riolu had to comfort him. Ash didn't say anything, because she didn't know how to help…

But now she does.

"Okay!" She smiled, punching a fist in the air. "You're gonna train – we all are!"

Pichu stared blankly at Ash for a moment – reconciliation that fast? For a something so painful? She was a strange human… But she was his.

++

"Why am I here? I can't hold a sword." Pichu complained, yet here he was in Janine and Koga's Dojo in Blackthorn City, they had tutors who had studied with Koga for years – so Lance trusted them to take care of Ash when they were doing classes in Fuchsia.

"Dad said that if you wanna get stronger you need to learn about balance, which is what I've been doing with Kenjutsu. You need to know when to quit in a battle and when enough is enough," She tried to mimic her father's 'proud' voice – hands on her hips – eyes shining. Pichu still didn't understand how swords would help with that.

"Welcome, Ms. Kutcher." Kouki, her sensei since she was five bowed, and she bowed back. "Ah, a new addition, I don't mind, please – "He showed them to the door which Pichu was shocked by the sudden politeness by a stranger – "Come this way."

"Dad said he just wants Pichu to watch, is that okay?"

Ash was dressed in her uniform and belt – Orange – Pichu noticed; in fact, the instructor(s) was Black – he didn't know if that made a difference or not. But the older man nodded, and Ash went to grab a small wooden sword. It didn't look like it could do any damage, it was shaped in a way that was made specifically for these types of drills, he noticed.

"Ready," She called. "Go!"

They swung once – then again – and clashed. They steadied themselves – and then – lowered their blades? Then swung – and clashed. They were up against each other – it didn't look like much – but Ash was struggling to keep up. She huffed as she removed the wooden blade from Kouki's grip, and eventually got behind and – their blades collided again!

This was more exciting than he thought. They almost clashed for real – and then – "Stop!"

Ash stopped, huffing this time like she had really burned some energy.

"Thank you, Sensei."

He didn't get it. Why'd they stop?

"You gotta know when enough is enough." Ash's voice rang in his head. He opened his mouth slightly – not even realizing he was being looked at.

It didn't make sense to him.

Nothing did.

It was around Winter, and Pichu had started adjusting to training better. He had already calmed down tremendously – when the family announced they were travelling to Kalos for Christmas to visit Ash's grandmother, Olympia. It turned out that Ash's grandmother was a Master Psychic and a very strong Gym Leader who lives in Anistar City.

"So, does that mean your Psychic, dad?"

Lance and Giovanni looked up at each other for a moment without saying anything.

The differences between Psychics and Aura Users…

Lance had to remember; Aura is the manifestation of life itself. Aura is everything; from plants to humans to Pokémon. While Psychics rely on raw energy. Aura can manifest the environment around them such as plant-life and water, they can create shields and weapons – but only temporary depending how strong their connection is.

Psychics can connect to Elemental Energy, as well as a basic energy that comes from within. From Lighting, Water, Earth, Wind, and Fire – these Elements can help unlock abilities that are similar to magic. And while Lance isn't an expert in his Psychic abilities, he can communicate telepathically thanks to Aura, though that was an empathetic link through Pokémon. With Psychic Powers – one can communicate telepathically through humans and Pokémon.

Psychics can also wield Elemental Magic, which he explained can be channeled through objects. Though in folklore these people are known as Gypsy's, Witches, or Warlocks. They aren't around much anymore – and people rarely talk about them. His mother knows about them – though.

"Technically," He sighed, feeling his head hurt from thinking too much. "But I've never had to use my powers – in that area."

Ash blinked, and considered a thought for a moment – a real thought… "Could I be Psychic?"

Giovanni had a panicked moment. Could she be? Oh, dear lord. What would he do – if his little girl was a Psychic and an Aura-wielder? He should be happy, though, right? Knowing Ashlyn had the abilities to defend herself. But was it wrong that he wanted at least a little peace and normalcy in his life? Was that wrong? He wanted his baby safe and sound from the Rebels, not venturing into danger.

"We'll ask Olla when we see her this Christmas, okay?" Lance sent a pulse of his Aura to Giovanni – hopefully enough to calm him down. Lance had tried to train Giovanni in Aura, though he had been stubborn and not wanted to pick it up as much when he was younger. Maybe that had been a mistake, knowing they were being targeted now.

Ash merely smiled. "Yay! I can't wait!"

Yay. Can't wait.

Indeed.

++

That night, Giovanni was sitting on the bed. His boxers loose as he was currently feeling rather hot (damn hot flashes), and he needed some air. A glass of ice water had been sitting next to him, and he'd been sipping on it occasionally. Right now, it was sitting on his night-stand and he was running a hand over his chest; Persian sat promptly there by his side – looking up at him with concern.

"I'm fine, boy." He was just worried. Like always.

He let the giant cat come up and put his paws on him – this distracted him from his chest back when he had actually really visible scars. Persian made sure to keep his claws in so he wouldn't scratch his Master's chest too badly, but purred as he was being snuggled. And that's when Lance came in from the bathroom, dressed in a white bathrobe and his hair slightly damp.

"Gio, you okay?"

Persian snuggled deeper into the crook of Giovanni's neck. That meant something was wrong. At least, if he needed Persian's support.

"Hot flashes, feeling stressed,"

He wasn't really planning on visiting family – so much had been happening lately. With Team Rocket, and Ashlyn. He needed a vacation. Lance frowned. He looked down at Persian as if he was asking for permission to sit, knowing that Persian had always came first (sort of, Giovanni got Persian as a Meowth before he met Lance so there was no wonder Persian was over-protective of his owner).

Persian moved aside, but still stayed by his owner's feet – keeping them warm.

"Hey, come'er." Lance put his cool hands on his husband's shoulders, he sighed. "Are you coming down with something?"

"Maybe," He sighed, leaning into Lance's shoulder. "I'm not looking forward to this trip." Groaning, he let himself slump against the redhead, feeling the kneading against his back soothe him. "I like Olympia – she doesn't bother me… I'm just… Worried…"

"About…" Lance tried to finish, knowing already what it was – but –

"Everything."

Lance snorted, and then kissed Giovanni's forehead. He still groaned in protest, though. "You and your insecurities. I love you, you know that?"

Giovanni pushed Lance away – complaining. "Don't patronize me."

It was like when they had first met. Giovanni was on the wrong path; he wanted to form Team Rocket into a criminal organization. He was a rebel and not knowing what to do in life – and Lance had just beat the Elite Four. He actually somehow managed to fall in love with the idiot – who always ended up making rash decisions – and there – they decided – to form Team Rocket for the better good. They worked from the ground up, and Giovanni reconciled with his family, with Lance's help.

It was a long process, but it happened, when Giovanni was twenty, they had Ashlyn. Unexpected, but not unwanted. They were still young to be parents of a six-year-old, but they were doing okay. They were loaded, had all the help they could possibly want – and they were happy to spoil their daughter. Lance was at the top of his game being a member of the Kanto Elite Four, and he wasn't even all that busy knowing it wasn't the season to accept challengers right now. He could spend time with his family- and help with Ashlyn.

Though Giovanni worked his ass off, making sure people trusted his company and didn't look at corrupted media. There was a group of rebels known as the Rocket Rebels – when Giovanni was first starting off with Team Rocket – and Lance changed the kid's ways – they didn't agree- and those people defected from Giovanni's group. They were set to attack whatever Giovanni established, and have illegal operations and cartels throughout Kanto and are quickly expanding.

So… Yeah. A vacation would be nice.

"I think a vacation would be nice," Lance finally admitted after his long train of thought. Giovanni looked up at him with slight puppy-dog eyes. Those were the ones he fell in love with all those years ago, and still loves them today. "But we have to see my mom- you know that."

Giovanni sighed. He knew.

"How about Alola?"

He thought for a minute. Yeah. A vacation in the tropics… That'd be really nice…

"Yeah, that could work."

But for now – they slept. They had about two weeks until Christmas, so they didn't have to worry… Yet.

++

Christmas.

A kid's favorite time of the year! "It's Christmas!" Well, not yet. "Almost." Ashlyn looked at her Pokemon, who had eager faces on as they were getting ready to leave for the airport in less than an hour. "We're going to meet Olla in Kalos soon! I haven't been there since I was a baby- at least that's what dad said." She frowned and squirted – trying to see if she could remember anything about the far-away region. Yet, nothing came to mind.

"Take a look at this guys," She showed her friends a book called Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Silver Resistance. It was about a human who had turned into a Charmander and met up with a Bulbasaur who was a fugitive from being held captive – they meet up with a group of Pokemon and join a group that protects them known as The Silver Resistance.

Her friends were curious in the novel, and Riolu had already begun reading parts of it, though he merely skimmed the first few pages. "It's very interesting. Did you know they have a manga series?"

Ash raised a brow. She didn't. When did he learn that?

"Internet." He smiled. Ash frowned.

"Don't spoil anything, jerk."

"Of course not." Riolu confirmed – knowing he didn't get that far anyway. Just the fact Charmander and Bulbasaur's team name was Peanuts, and that might be a little disappointing for Ash, if not humorous to see her reaction.

"If we do get the other books in the series, they'd be in French…" Ash wondered aloud. "I should learn another language, don't you think?"

Riolu didn't know whether to respond or not, though he paused for a moment, and knew they were going to Kalos, where they spoke French… Perhaps they could pick up a few words. "Maybe Olla can teach us."

Ash smiled and threw the book into her suitcase, she was also bringing her sketchpad, her Pokeball Ocarina, clothes (duh), and a few other things she wanted to show her grandmother's assistants.

"Alright, all ready to go!" She punched a fist in the air – something that was becoming rather iconic to her then rolled her suitcase out the door. "Race ya downstairs"! She shouted – and all of her Pokémon began laughing and racing after the small girl with boundless amounts of energy.

++

They had arrived.

Lumiose Airport.

"We're here!" She yelled as soon as she hit Kalos soil (well, concrete). "Hi Kalos – I'm Ashlyn Kutcher!" She shouted, and eyes went to her immediately. Lance sighed, travel with her is never easy, was it?

Lance then felt a familiar – warm energy take over him. 'Mom'. He thought, and looked up to see his mother walking up to them. "Well you're on time, good to know," He smiled and saw the warm appearance of his mother overwhelm his emotions. It was good to see her after so long. "Fashionably late never suited you."

"Like your father," She scoffed. Lance frowned. "How's my Scared Ash?" A nicknamed she had come up for Ashlyn when she was just born – a rather fitting one to be honest, and when Olympia bent down and saw the little electric mouse Pokémon, she raised a brow, but still sent positive energy to it. "Who's this?"

"This is Pichu! We rescued him from a pretty bad situation," She explained plainly. It was clear the little one was not happy to talk about his previous ordeal so Ash kept it short. "Where's daddy?" Ash asked turning her head – what had been keeping Giovanni?

"I'm here." He had been taking a little extra time, due to not feeling well. "I don't feel very well…" He explained.

"Hopefully you're not expecting another," Olympia chuckled, and Giovanni's eyes widened in horror. "I'm kidding."

"Oh, god I hope not."

Ash looked up – slightly confused. "Can we go now?" Impatient as ever. Giovanni sighed.

"Yes, we can."

Ash cheered and raced for the limo that had arrived to pick them all up. Giovanni slowly trudged behind them, with Lance helping him keep up.

"You don't think I – "He asked, slightly worried. Again.

"… We can test…" Lance whispered, not wanting to be too shaken up by a simple joke. He didn't want to worry too much. "We've been using protection," He whispered again before getting in the car. And Giovanni nodded. He relaxed a little at that, there wasn't a reason for him to be pregnant again, at least, not now.

He'd been using birth control, taking his doses regularly (like he should, this time), and Lance had always been using protection. They'd been safe. So why would he be? It couldn't hurt though… Could it? He paled a little, that vacation couldn't come soon enough… Damn it.

They arrived to a massive 6-bedroom two-story manor. A luxurious garden was outside with a greenhouse and a pool with hot-tub, though currently both were being unused due to it being winter and below-freezing outside. The greenhouse however, housed many grass-type Pokémon from the harsh weather and served as a vegetable and herb garden.

The Gym was a few miles from the manor, and not too far from the massive Sun Dial that was in the center of the city, which Ash really wanted to see up-close.

"Yay – a fireplace!"

Ash quickly began taking off her coat; it was a lot warmer inside than out. Plus, with the warm and lit fireplace she could warm herself naturally with. The little girl paid no mind to where she threw her belongings down at and rushed up to the fire with Pichu beside her (he didn't like being in his Pokeball) and put her hands against it.

"It's warm isn't it, Pichu?"

Pichu looked at the fire, and his eyes lit up. "Uh-huh." Was all he could reply with; the warmth was captivating for some reason.

Lance sighed at the mess Ash had made. "Ash – be polite. Don't just throw your stuff on the floor." He bent down to pick up the items that were scattered across the floor. Though Ash didn't respond, she was too warm, Pichu looked up – slightly worried.

Olympia smiled and placed a hand on her son's shoulder. "It's fine, let her be."

Lance smiled. Happy to see Ash occupying herself; so, he tended to other things for the current moment. Olympia had her assistants bring the family's bags to their rooms, so there was no need for them to trek upstairs or do anything really. The common room they were in was prefect to sit and talk about how their trip was – if not Olympia was already reading Lance's mind… Which he hated when she did that…

He could tell there was a look of slight concern on the Psychic's face, and there was a bit of a 'talk' needing to happen.

"If you don't mind, we'd like to speak to you privately, mom."

Olympia nodded. "Ashley," She called, sending a little energy to the pre-occupied girl. "Your parents and I are going to chat about… Things. Why don't you and your Pokémon walk around the greenhouse?"

Ash looked up at her grandmother. She knew there were Pokémon that had been there for rehabilitation in the greenhouse and also used it for shelter in the harsh winter from the wilds, so it was a good idea to meet new species she hadn't seen before.

"Can my Pokémon come to?" She asked.

"Of course," Olympia smiled warmly. Ashlyn then smiled and looked down at Pichu – who was eager to see the nursery.

Then, the little girl grabbed her sweater and raced outside. "Come on, Pichu!" They both started laughing, and her two other Pokeballs bounced on her belt as she moved into an energized skipping motion towards the garden.

"Brilliant," Giovanni gasped. Olympia rolled her eyes. He almost wanted to applaud Olympia for her performance, which earned a chuckle from Lance. "So – um – where do we…?"

"Over here, in my study."

Olympia guided the couple into her secondary study which was downstairs, and also had a fireplace and some potted plants (real plants) for decoration. Some cinnamon incense was burning, and it left a calming aroma in the air. Giovanni instantly relaxed and took off his jacket, which he didn't get to do before when he came in the foyer – as he didn't want to be rude.

"So, how was your trip?"

Giovanni sighed as he sat down – feeling slightly achy. Though he was feeling better than before. It was more like a relief than pain. "Good. We got here on time at least with no delays. No kids kicking our seats from behind."

Lance chuckled. He knew those days.

"That's good," The Psychic hummed, then shot a look at a rather wary Lance. The Dragon Master was usually quiet since he had arrived, and his energy was uneven like he had not been wanting to talk about something – yet he knew they had to. He warmed up when he first saw his mother – which was good. Yet, the couple just seemed so stressed.

"You two are stressed. Tell me what's on your mind. And don't worry about ranting," Lance and Giovanni shot a look at each other, and then back at Olympia who shrugged. "Psychic, remember? I didn't read your minds. Promise. I just read your energies which concerned me. You two seem very stressed… Would you like some tea, while we chat?"

Lance relaxed a little. He was worried his mother had been peeking into his mind – though sometimes Psychics don't mean to – it's just a habit. "Sure. You have lavender and chamomile?"

Olympia nodded then got up to go get an assistant. Both properties were to relieve stress. "I'll be just a minute."

Meanwhile, Ashlyn was in the Greenhouse. There was a pond – a fountain – and a lot of trees with fruit and a vegetable garden with herbs as well. Pokémon weren't really coming up to her, which made her sad. And while Meowth didn't really pay any mind to the others, she had just found a tree to relax under, Riolu had gone over by the pond to see some Wooper swimming in a school with some Magikarp.

Pichu stayed by Ashlyn's side – carefully to make sure he wouldn't get lost – or spooked.

Without knowing it, Ash was sending out all kinds of energy to the Pokémon in the greenhouse. Though none of it was negative. Most of it was just her wanting to play with them and be a little more curious. Which, one – a little Abra eventually appeared from the bushes and gave a low squeak to get Ash's attention.

"Hi." The Abra spoke, telepathically – using Psychic Energy. Ash turned – mouth open – though not angry – just shocked a Pokémon even tried to come up to her.

"Hi! I'm Ashlyn, people call me Ash. And this is Pichu!" She waved, happy to see someone had begun to trust her. "You're a Psychic type – aren't you?"

Abra nodded and came closer, liking the energy he was feeling from the girl. "I am. I feel a lot of Psychic energy coming from you. Are you Psychic?"

Ashlyn looked at the Abra with curiosity. "My grandma Olla is. I mean – Olympia – the Gym Leader. So, I might be Psychic. I don't know. I can use Aura, though."

"Aura… I've heard of it," Ashlyn bent down and scratched Abra underneath his chin, which he liked. He didn't expect it – as he didn't have much contact from humans – but this feeling was nice. "But Psychic. Not Aura types mainly rely on Energy. I guess we could learn both though."

Ash got back up, and blinked. She considered this for a moment… But since Pokémon are natural Aura-Wielders, can't Abra learn Aura naturally, anyway? "You could learn Aura anyway, though since you're a Pokémon, right?"

Abra looked up for a moment and paused. Could he? He never really tried. "I don't know. I guess I'd like to."

"My dad's a master at it! He's Lance from the Kanto Elite Four! He's also a Dragon-Type Master." She exclaimed proudly with a twinkle in her eye and her hands on her hips. Abra felt a sudden wave of confident emotions from her – was this Aura?

He then looked at the Pichu, who was relatively quiet. "I see. And can you use Aura?"

Pichu glanced quickly at the Abra – he didn't expect to be dragged into conversation so suddenly. So, it turned into a bit of a stammer. "I – um. I'm learning. I mainly build a telepathic connection with Ash using Aura, which is like an empathetic link. Riolu is an expert Aura user, that's what his species is best at."

"Hey Riolu," Ash called out – despite he was about a few feet away from them and they weren't anywhere in sight of the pond. "Come meet Abra. He's got awesome Psychic Powers and he wants to see your Aura."

"Coming, just looking at the fish," He chuckled and Abra heard that. Usually when you read a person's mind – you set up one link at a time. You can set up multiple links – but that was a bit challenging to do if you were a beginner like him. Perhaps Aura was easier to manage.

Riolu jumped down from the trees at super-speed. Which also surprised Abra. "Here, and, hello."

Abra looked up at the blue-dog and backed away a little. A large amount of energy radiated off of him. "Hello. I can tell you have a lot of energy, but it's different from a Psychic's. So… This is Aura?" Abra motioned a little in place – a little confused. Riolu nodded.

"It is. I can sense you have a lot of Aura as well, you just haven't unlocked it yet."

"Like how you said that I have Psychic powers?" Ashlyn asked.

Abra nodded. "If you're related to Olympia, then with the proper training, you can become a very powerful Psychic."

Ash considered this. Does she want to be a Psychic? Or would it come naturally to her – whether she did training or not? She had to ask… "Hey Abra, do you want to come inside the manor and we ask Olla' about my powers?"

"I'm allowed inside?" The Psychic asked, curious.

"Yup! As long as you're with me!"

++

So yeah, sorry it cut off like that, but Ash is still a kid. And as for Sacred Ash - I thought it'd be pretty funny to add that as they do talk about Legendary(s) and respect them and worship them kind of like actual gods, which Olympia teaches Ash to do later on in life. Which is, Sacred Ash being from Ho-Oh I'd like to point out - Ash doesn't think about it right now as it's just a nickname (that and Ashley as I think Ashy is bit weird and plus Ash is a girl so why not). Ash is a kid - an energized bunny that just keeps going and going and going -

Like all kids, they need ways to get their energy out. That's why her parents got her into all these activities. If your a parent, you'd understand, and perhaps this can help you with your kid (Karate, and sort of after school activity or spot) because really - its important for kids to socialize and get along with others from an early age... I'm not a parent... Yet... I've just done a lot of research. I hope Ash is 'in character' (as far as kids go). I'm not really good with writing kids kjdaf -dies-.

Till next time.

Bay

Years
  • Ash is a very strange name for a girl

Hey, so usually I don't mind if comments are only a couple sentences long in this section, but I feel you could elaborate on more of your reply there. For instance, what you think of the characterization of the characters in the story? Which parts you like and which ones you feel needs work? I'm (and the writer most likely) not asking for an essay length review, but the writer did want some feedback on other aspects of the story.

To Yellow Swag, I haven't gotten the chance to read over this story yet. I can't promise anything since I'm busy with following other fics here and writing my own story, but if I have time I might give you some feedback, perhaps in a separate post. I also suggest perhaps think of a title for the story, so if you thought of one I'm more than happy to edit the thread title for you.

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2018
    Hey, so usually I don't mind if comments are only a couple sentences long in this section, but I feel you could elaborate on more of your reply there. For instance, what you think of the characterization of the characters in the story? Which parts you like and which ones you feel needs work? I'm (and the writer most likely) not asking for an essay length review, but the writer did want some feedback on other aspects of the story.

To Yellow Swag, I haven't gotten the chance to read over this story yet. I can't promise anything since I'm busy with following other fics here and writing my own story, but if I have time I might give you some feedback, perhaps in a separate post. I also suggest perhaps think of a title for the story, so if you thought of one I'm more than happy to edit the thread title for you.

To reply to first comment:

Did you know Ashley is a non-binary name? As is Asher and Ash? Ash is a nickname. So there stands my argument. You really need to think of better feedback than that.

Giovanni is non-binary, so of course he wanted to name his kid, no matter what gender; something gender-neutral so they wouldn't have to feel conflicted later on in life to make decisions. And it worked - because Ash loves her parents no matter what - and she choose the nickname herself.

And to the second reply.

I don't have a title yet. I'm sorry. This is only at 6,000 + Words and I've been really sick and I haven't had time to work on it. I've been considering a few titles, but none really stuck out as I'm constantly thinking of new plots and outcomes for the future of the story. I know the first chapter is going to be really long - but I just don't really have energy to write the whole thing right now, so it seems out of place to title the story right now. ;u;

I'd really appreciate feedback whenever you have time, though! Whatever you can manage - though I'm used to sorta lackluster responses (don't even get me started on the reviews I get on ff.net... ugh.) I have low self-confidence - really bad anxiety - and it stopped me from writing for years. I'm now doing a lot better (aside from my cold), and I can write with confidence again. I just -like feedback-. I don't think there's anything criminal about that, is there?

for him.

I'm trash.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 6, 2023
    I found that parts of your chapter sounded kind of odd to me. I have also noticed that you really like your dashes, commas, and semicolons. You also have the tendency to comma splice and use commas or semicoons where the other should be. Here's a couple of examples:

YellowSwagMaster420 said:
    The past nine months had been both horrifying, and wonderful.

In this case, a comma wouldn't go after the "and" because you aren't combining two separate independent clauses. If the sentence were something like: "The past nine months had been horrifying, and both parents needed a break from all the stress," a comma would go after the "and."

They shouldn't be like this; afraid Ashlyn would be taken away from them at any moment.

Semicolons are used to combine two independent clauses. Independent clauses are groups of words that can hold together as a complete sentence without adding anything extra to it. In this case, you have an independent clause and a dependent clause. Instead of that semicolon, a comma would go here.

Here's a tricky one:

They also got her a slightly smaller one, that was shaped like a Pokeball, and could be worn as a necklace.

A common mistake and a pretty hard one to catch. You would use "which" instead of "that" in this sentence. Many people use "which" and "that" interchangeably. The phrase: "that was shaped like a Pokeball," is a non-restrictive relative clause, which means that it a clause giving more information about a subject and not being used to point out the subject. A trick to figure out whether or not to use "that" or "which" is to simply take the clause out and see if it still holds grammatically and logically. This works a lot of the time.

As I have noted before, you tend to use a lot of dashes. This isn't bad, but you are using the wrong type of dash. At first, I thought the dashes you were using were hyphens, but upon closer inspection they are actually en-dashes. There are two types of dashes: em-dashes and en-dashes. Em-dashes are more commonly used in writing. They break a train of thought, used to set aside parenthetical information, etc. En-dashes simply read as through. For example, when your teacher writes your homework on the board and they write: "Read pages 79-100" they are using an en-dash. Typical keyboards don't have a key for em-dashes, so two hyphens are usually acceptable replacements.

Another note on your dash usage. You tend to put spaces around your dashes. Dashes should not have spaces before and after it. Ellipses follow the same rule.

As for concerns about content, I appreciate representation of the gamut of gender spectrum and expression. However, I am not a fan of the content at the moment. None of this feels very believable. Ash literally receives everything on a silver platter and seems almost too perfect. There is really nothing that defines Ash as her own character. She seems more like a caricature to me than an actual person.

However, I do wish you the best of luck with this story. (And a title would be nice.)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2018
    I found that parts of your chapter sounded kind of odd to me. I have also noticed that you really like your dashes, commas, and semicolons. You also have the tendency to comma splice and use commas or semicoons where the other should be. Here's a couple of examples:

In this case, a comma wouldn't go after the "and" because you aren't combining two separate independent clauses. If the sentence were something like: "The past nine months had been horrifying, and both parents needed a break from all the stress," a comma would go after the "and."

Semicolons are used to combine two independent clauses. Independent clauses are groups of words that can hold together as a complete sentence without adding anything extra to it. In this case, you have an independent clause and a dependent clause. Instead of that semicolon, a comma would go here.

Here's a tricky one:

A common mistake and a pretty hard one to catch. You would use "which" instead of "that" in this sentence. Many people use "which" and "that" interchangeably. The phrase: "that was shaped like a Pokeball," is a non-restrictive relative clause, which means that it a clause giving more information about a subject and not being used to point out the subject. A trick to figure out whether or not to use "that" or "which" is to simply take the clause out and see if it still holds grammatically and logically. This works a lot of the time.

As I have noted before, you tend to use a lot of dashes. This isn't bad, but you are using the wrong type of dash. At first, I thought the dashes you were using were hyphens, but upon closer inspection they are actually en-dashes. There are two types of dashes: em-dashes and en-dashes. Em-dashes are more commonly used in writing. They break a train of thought, used to set aside parenthetical information, etc. En-dashes simply read as through. For example, when your teacher writes your homework on the board and they write: "Read pages 79-100" they are using an en-dash. Typical keyboards don't have a key for em-dashes, so two hyphens are usually acceptable replacements.

Another note on your dash usage. You tend to put spaces around your dashes. Dashes should not have spaces before and after it. Ellipses follow the same rule.

As for concerns about content, I appreciate representation of the gamut of gender spectrum and expression. However, I am not a fan of the content at the moment. None of this feels very believable. Ash literally receives everything on a silver platter and seems almost too perfect. There is really nothing that defines Ash as her own character. She seems more like a caricature to me than an actual person.

However, I do wish you the best of luck with this story. (And a title would be nice.)

My idea was sort of to make Ash a little spoiled? At least in the beginning, anyway. She's got manners, at least, her parents have taught her that. And yeah, she kind of expects things to be given to her, but after she attends school, and when she actually starts travelling on her own she begins to realize things are a bit different out there in the real world.

So yeah, she matures a little. But i don't think there's anything wrong with having a child act a little spoiled, i mean right now, she's six, and her parents are really over-protective of her for reasons. She still hasn't developed all of her abilities... So yeah, give her time, she'll grow.

I was thinking of the title

Road Less Traveled (Considering she doesn't have to take as many steps to become a great trainer like her cannon counterpart does, and she's pretty much a prodigy since the day she was born, she will travel with people like Brock and Misty, she just starts her journey at sixteen after she gets out of school.) (Yes, I said school.)

Though I'm still not sure? Choosing a title for this is difficult. I don't know why. I just need an opinion fkdjadf D :

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2018
    I've decided to call it The Road Less Traveled. (So if anyone could edit the title and say that it's still WIP and needs Feedback that'd be great.)

Ash will go to school (a private school, at first, and she hates it,) and at sixteen she graduates early (as fast as humanly possible, literally) and gets out to go on a journey so she can beat her father in the Johto Championships - because by now Red has taken his title in the Kanto League.

She then begins her travels in Kanto, and why not Johto? Because, it's the path Red choose first and it's not like she wants to mimic him or anything - she just wants to get a better understanding on how a great trainer like him works. And she takes notes, does recordings, and all that stuff along her way. She eventually meets up with Brock and Misty and they travel alongside her.

Meowth so far is just going to be a companion - she may not reappear until later to train and evolve as a Persian because I can't see Ash using her in combat really anytime soon.

Pichu will evolve into Pikachu. But I have a question, does anyone want to see Pikachu evovle into Raichu, since this is different from the one Ash got from Professor Oak, it can learn different moves and such. Anything can be recommended.

Riolu will evolve. Riolu's job is to teach Ash and her Pokemon Aura, and he's already doing that - so no duh there.

Abra, she'll get Abra, (as you saw, it was a no-brainer that she was going to get him) but weather or not he'll evolve into Alakazam right away is depending. I know he'll evolve into Kadabra, and go through a year's worth of training with Olympia and Ash.

Ash's training in Kalos is coming up. Giovanni and Lance are going on vacation in Alola for a few weeks while Ash trains for a year in Kalos. During their several weeks, Lance meets Kukui and learns he wants to establish a Pokemon League in Alola and is seeking other members of the other League's representation but has had a hard time getting their help, they battle, and Kukui loses (like in the games).

Kukui is amazed by Lance's skill and gives him his number (he doesn't want to bother him cause' he's on vacation, but tells him to get back when he has a chance, which Lance will). It doesn't take long for Lance to hear about Jang-moo and he gets interested in catching one, while Giovanni reminds Lance they weren't here to catch Pokemon, he gives Giovanni puppy-dog eyes - and of course Giovanni can't resist, and they go off and look for one.

There's one causing problems in a local marketplace and Lance uses his Aura to calm it down, the Jang-moo challenges Lance to a battle, which he takes it up on the offer, and uses Dragonite (the only one he had on him) and wins.

So that's the summary thus far. No, Jang-moo doesn't go to Ash. I don't want her to have a Dragon right now. That'd make her OP and I'm not comfortable with it. By the time Ash is sixteen Jang-moo will be fully evolved, because Lance trains his Pokemon and takes really good care of them. Lance has also different Pokemon than his original Red/Blue/Firered/Leafgreen Game Counterparts.

I'm also wondering who Ash's love-interests will be. If anyone wants to add any suggestions (age-appropriate, she will be sixteen, you know) please let me know. I'm not apposed to same-sex pairings because Ash is technically non-binary/pansexual. So, hit me up.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    I've decided to call it The Road Less Traveled. (So if anyone could edit the title and say that it's still WIP and needs Feedback that'd be great.)

Ash will go to school (a private school, at first, and she hates it,) and at sixteen she graduates early (as fast as humanly possible, literally) and gets out to go on a journey so she can beat her father in the Johto Championships - because by now Red has taken his title in the Kanto League.

She then begins her travels in Kanto, and why not Johto? Because, it's the path Red choose first and it's not like she wants to mimic him or anything - she just wants to get a better understanding on how a great trainer like him works. And she takes notes, does recordings, and all that stuff along her way. She eventually meets up with Brock and Misty and they travel alongside her.

Meowth so far is just going to be a companion - she may not reappear until later to train and evolve as a Persian because I can't see Ash using her in combat really anytime soon.

Pichu will evolve into Pikachu. But I have a question, does anyone want to see Pikachu evovle into Raichu, since this is different from the one Ash got from Professor Oak, it can learn different moves and such. Anything can be recommended.

Riolu will evolve. Riolu's job is to teach Ash and her Pokemon Aura, and he's already doing that - so no duh there.

Abra, she'll get Abra, (as you saw, it was a no-brainer that she was going to get him) but weather or not he'll evolve into Alakazam right away is depending. I know he'll evolve into Kadabra, and go through a year's worth of training with Olympia and Ash.

Ash's training in Kalos is coming up. Giovanni and Lance are going on vacation in Alola for a few weeks while Ash trains for a year in Kalos. During their several weeks, Lance meets Kukui and learns he wants to establish a Pokemon League in Alola and is seeking other members of the other League's representation but has had a hard time getting their help, they battle, and Kukui loses (like in the games).

Kukui is amazed by Lance's skill and gives him his number (he doesn't want to bother him cause' he's on vacation, but tells him to get back when he has a chance, which Lance will). It doesn't take long for Lance to hear about Jang-moo and he gets interested in catching one, while Giovanni reminds Lance they weren't here to catch Pokemon, he gives Giovanni puppy-dog eyes - and of course Giovanni can't resist, and they go off and look for one.

There's one causing problems in a local marketplace and Lance uses his Aura to calm it down, the Jang-moo challenges Lance to a battle, which he takes it up on the offer, and uses Dragonite (the only one he had on him) and wins.

So that's the summary thus far. No, Jang-moo doesn't go to Ash. I don't want her to have a Dragon right now. That'd make her OP and I'm not comfortable with it. By the time Ash is sixteen Jang-moo will be fully evolved, because Lance trains his Pokemon and takes really good care of them. Lance has also different Pokemon than his original Red/Blue/Firered/Leafgreen Game Counterparts.

I'm also wondering who Ash's love-interests will be. If anyone wants to add any suggestions (age-appropriate, she will be sixteen, you know) please let me know. I'm not apposed to same-sex pairings because Ash is technically non-binary/pansexual. So, hit me up.
    Just a few things, it's Jang-mo, not Jang-moo.
    Also is the meowth gonna be a kanto or alolan meowth? You did mention kukui, so I think you should just specify that a bit more.

Other then that, so far it seems pretty interesting. Keep it up.

Back