• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Soft Locking

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
  • i haven't but there are some youtubers that dedicate themselves to finding ways to softlock yourself in the games. they're pretty entertaining to watch, but some of them require a lot of trading and planning and you likely couldn't accidentally do those, you have to really try. i recommend watching, if you're interested.

Years
  • i haven't but there are some youtubers that dedicate themselves to finding ways to softlock yourself in the games. they're pretty entertaining to watch, but some of them require a lot of trading and planning and you likely couldn't accidentally do those, you have to really try. i recommend watching, if you're interested.

Pikasprey Yellow! Shoutout to one of them because it's genuinely entertaining to watch. Nearly all that I see require you to toss all your items and release all your pokemon though, so I don't think they'll be happening to me accidentally at any time soon.

I will say though, my first time playing Emerald I thought I got softlocked at Slateport bcs I didn't know you had to talk to the scientist before the museum unlocked (thought it was a glitch that the line of Team Aqua folks blocked the entrance). Sadly reset my game that already had deep Lv 20s Marshtomp and Swellow :( I think it was for the better though, since the second time around I realized just how viable Linoone was hehe.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years

tbh, I've watched the entirety of Pikaspery Yellow's Soft Lock Picking videos, which is what inspired me to make this thread.

But there are some circumstances like in R/B/Y where you can softlocked if you battle a certain trainer that blocks your way or get stuck behind a tree because you don't have cut yet, which is definitely by no means an intentional softlock, tbh.

Last edited:
    Back