• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen My Import Pokemon Green Cartridge Battery question.

ソラ

Im gonna be the King of the Pirates
Years
  • So, I bought Pokemon Green from Amazon. The game doesn't save, so I called my local game shop to exchange the batteries, they exchanged it and it worked...for a while it saved but then it will get corrupted and then it won't save anymore. Normally the batteries sizes are Cr2025, which he put one in the game. But it corrupted and now it won't save anymore. He told me that the battery that was in there was a bigger size similar to snes battery. My question is that are the Japanese versions of the game have different batteries sizes? I also have the Japanese Pikachu version. Imma visit the store again and ask them to open up yellow for me to see it. But I wanna know which ones goes in my Pokemon Green. Help!

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen today
    If you have a soldering iron it's super simple to fix this yourself (My green had the exact same problem) There's plenty of tutorials online for it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/X2-Game-Boy...99efb7&pid=100010&rk=2&rkt=10&sd=322204236237

That's all you really need, I used the standard battery there on my green and it worked (Though the stock battery did look a little different to the PAL pokemon games I've changed batteries in)

ソラ

Years
  • He put in the wrong battery, so we found out which battery we need we need a cr1616 size. He said it'll take another week but then I can play my Pocket Monster Green :) well hopefully.

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen today
    He put in the wrong battery, so we found out which battery we need we need a cr1616 size. He said it'll take another week but then I can play my Pocket Monster Green :) well hopefully.

That's strange, I'm pretty sure I put a CR2025 in my copy (I bought a bulk buy of the things because between me and my friends I had a fair few gen 1/2 copies to fix) and its working. Unless I did pick up a 1616 too though I don't recall doing so.

Either way, hopefully it'll work for you this time. I'd ask for a refund if he's charged you anything as the fault lies with him and repeated soldering doesn't do the game's motherboard a lot of good.

ソラ

Years
  • That's strange, I'm pretty sure I put a CR2025 in my copy (I bought a bulk buy of the things because between me and my friends I had a fair few gen 1/2 copies to fix) and its working. Unless I did pick up a 1616 too though I don't recall doing so.

Either way, hopefully it'll work for you this time. I'd ask for a refund if he's charged you anything as the fault lies with him and repeated soldering doesn't do the game's motherboard a lot of good.

Well on the motherboard it says cr1616, he put in 2025. We will see once he is finished with my green.

Back