• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Tool] (Pokemon Crystal) Help Changing an image!

Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2023
    So I have been trying to change the image below on my Custom ROM I am making based of Pokemon Crystal but cannot find any tools, the only tool I found was for Pokemon Gold and when I tried to edit it using that tool it said unsupported ROM.

419PuIOKAsL._AC_SX215_.jpg

I don't want to start all over again using Silver/Gold as a Base Game

Any help would be appreciated!

Also I am sorry if this is not the area to post this (New to PokeCommunity)

Last edited:
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    As Delta said the vast majority of Gen II hackers wanting Crystal for their base are using the pokecrystal disassembly now - perhaps you might have an easier time using that? Here's a tutorial directory and set-up guide, I'm sure you'll find something in there that covers what you're looking for =)

Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2023
    Thank you both for telling me about PokeCrystal, It gives me free access to change almost everything in Pokemon Crystal, something the Tools couldn't do, although I have 2 questions

1. In which area do I edit the Intro Logo in PokeCrystal (Reason I started this post, wanting to change the Logo)

2. Would it be at all possible do disassemble my current Pokemon Crystal File or will I have to start all over again because I had spent about 1 year making my Custom Pokemon Game.

Last edited:

Delta231

A noob
    Years
  • Answering your questions

1. Look through gfx directory and it must be named title_screen.4pp or something like that.

2. Depends upon the changes you did, in short yes.

Monstarules

TPP and Rainbowdevs developer
    Years
  • You haven't specified which image that you wish to change, and what you wish to change it with, so I don't know exactly what you are looking to change. In a GBC game, the image is broken up into tiles, and assembled on the screen, so just purely "replacing it" requires replacing and remaking an entire tileset, and most likely, palette. You'll need to check with a debugger to see which tiles are being used, first. Then you can replace them. This is much easier if you're using the pret disassembly of Pokemon Crystal. If you're doing this on the binary level, good luck, it's harder.

Back